PS4 - Transistor

Happy Loco-Ween! LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Approaches!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on Oct 16, 2009 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Hello PlayStation.Blog readers!

Halloween is just around the corner, but wait, so is LocoRoco Midnight Carnival! I’m happy to announce LocoRoco Midnight Carnival hits the PlayStation Network for PSP on October 29 for $14.99!

So that means in two short weeks you’ll finally be able to get your LocoRoco fix, complete with 16 brand new stages, full competitive and co-op modes, two mini games, and three additional bonus stages! On top of that, we are very eager for LocoRoco fans old and new to try out the new “Boing” mechanism which adds even more fun and challenge to the game. It will keep you on your toes and keep your palms pretty sweaty…please wipe hands clean once in a while!

As we get ready for the LocoRoco Midnight Carnival launch and before we all go “Trick or Treating,” we’d love to highlight some other cool features of the game…like new LocoRoco accessories!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Accessory 5

Gandalf the Yellow?

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Accessory 6

Harry Potter Who?

Just like you would wear masks and costumes to dress up for Halloween, LocoRoco now has the ability to dress up for a variety of added features.

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Accessory 04 LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Accessory 8

As you play and collect pickories, you can go the Bui Bui store and purchase accessories for LocoRoco, some of which can give you special abilities! Check some of them out!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Mask 5

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Mask 1 LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Mask 2

Helper’s Mask

Having trouble getting through a certain area? Do you wish you had someone carry you over and bypass that area? Yes, your wish can be granted! Ask your friend to wear “Helper’s Mask” and play the level together. Then you will be able to hold onto your friend and bypass the area!

Heart Glasses

Some accessories are meant for certain LocoRoco! Find out what happens when each LocoRoco wears their own accessories.

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Accessory 1

These chic and sleep specs would look just dazzling on Viole! She certainly looks happy when she wears them. Her boings turn into her color and she starts singing!

Stay tuned to the Blog next week as we cover how multiplayer works!

Till then, have a great weekend!

PAGE 1 2

+ Neil on October 16th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Loco Roco Harry Potter edition confirmed!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Welcome to LocoRoco costume playing :-)

+ KamikazeBingo on October 16th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

Is there a Mui Mui House on this version as well?

That was so addicting on Loco Roco 2.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

Sorry, no more MuiMui House.

However, the accessories that can be used is a new feature that I think you may enjoy. It\’s the first time the LocoRoco experience is altered in any one way.

The new game mechanics will also be very addicting as well.

Stay tuned!

+ tearsofash on October 16th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

I wonder if there’s going to be any more LocoRoco games on PS3.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Keep sending the requests!
    We are listening, but one product at a time :-)

+ tearsofash on October 16th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

I wonder if there’s going to be anymore PS3 versions of LocoRoco. LocoRoco 2 didn’t really do much for me, hopefully this one will kick…

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Again, we\’re listening!

+ MaGeeK-mAn on October 16th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

Okay.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Okay.

+ Delriach on October 16th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Hopefully LocoRoco for the PSP gets a price drop for it’s digital download version. >.<

Can't wait for this one though, it's cheap and it's locoroco!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Yes, very affordable. Can\’t go wrong!

+ evildude683 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Awesome, can’t wait love the series!!!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

Me too!

Loved working on this, great fun!

+ wbrinkman on October 16th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

I’d love to see a Locoroco game on PS3, Santa Monica people :)

Greetings from Holland ;]

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Greetings to Holland!
    Must be getting cold over there?

Thanks for the PS3 requests.
    I\’ve been sharing these with the team in Japan.

+ DeadlyAnGeL91792 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

screw loco roco if one of you sony people are out there i got a question what do you make of all the rumors surrounding Mass effect 2 coming to the ps3? have you heard anything? can you guys ask bioware/EA about it all please,please,PLEASE respond guys idc what you say just give me some feedback/closure.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Thanks for the luv…

+ ShatteredRaven77 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

When the hell is a New Loco Roco coming out for PS3 on the PSN? You guys forget about us, or are you only now making these games for the PSP so more people can be left in the dust? A WHILE ago you guys said to “Stay Tuned…” because you were working on that? Is that a lie or did you guys just forget about the gamers who don’t just get in their PS action on the go? Like i’m going to spend 250 on a PSPgo. Pahleeze!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

No lies.

Game development takes months and years.
    When I posted \”Stay Tuned\” it meant I would share the requests to the developers.

We\’re thinking things through now.
    No conclusions yet, as we needed to focus on development for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival.

First things first, you know what I mean?

+ ShatteredRaven77 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

Nice i just wrote a long comment and it didn’t even post. I guess you guys are too busy with PSP crap to worry about the people who’ve put time and money into your other Major leading products. Awesome… AND RETARDED!

+ aztec23 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition Winners?

+ loxapax on October 16th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

Same time in Europe ?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

I believe our European counterparts are planning a blog post to communicate for their territory.

I CAN\’T REPRESENT EUROPE on this blog folks, sorry!

+ shadow_fire on October 16th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

Is this a full game, or an add on? Does it have as much stages as the other loco-roco games? 16 stages seems pretty small for a game like loco-roco.

How does competitive multi-player work? Is it just a race? Infrastructure, or just ad-hoc? If Infrastructure do we get voice chat?

Sorry for all the questions, I’ve wanted Loco-roco for a while, but the price always turned me off.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Although this is not a sequel to LocoRoco 2, this is a full game of its own with the new \”Boing!\” mechanics.

Very addicting :-)

We\’ll be following up with more news regarding multi-player etc next week!

+ InfinitiProject on October 16th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

Man, people here with their childish acts…. as if there isn’t enough games on PS3 for them to hold out…. get a clue!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Thanks for the support! :-)

+ KojiNanjo on October 16th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

that’s incredible :D!!
i saw the trailer hd in psnstore
please! we want a new locoroco in ps3 :D

we’ll miss the mui mui house.
my girlfriend ask
“where will live? D:”

Saludos desde Chile :D
Greetings from chile :D

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

Again, thank you for the support, and requests for a PS3 version.

I\’m sure you will enjoy the appearance change abilities by obtaining the various accessories.

All the best to you in Chile, from Santa Monica!

+ almighty-slayer on October 16th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

Looks like this game is going to have some awesome new features. Can’t wait for this to come out over here in Europe.

Also, add one to the requests for PS3 LocoRoco :D I loved Coccoreccho (most amazing name ever by the way) but would love to see a more traditional and longer LocoRoco on the console :D

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

Thanks for the support!

Will make sure to add you to the head count for PS3 version supporters! :-)

+ Neil on October 16th, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

I would also like to see a PS3 version!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

Noted! Thank you!

Enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival in the meantime!

+ Maguss on October 16th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

Awesome and so cheap too, my sister and I love locoroco, can’t wait to play it!!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

Can\’t wait for it to release!

It\’s such a cheerful game :-)

+ Jon_Mclane on October 16th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

Will this game have a Midnight launch or should I not stay up all night opening and closing the ps store?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

Good question!

Not sure to be honest?!
    The product is likely to be available at normal hours, but will find out.

+ sonicthemonkey on October 16th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Wait, so I’m missing the Halloween connection. Is it just that it’s coming around that time, or is there actually some sort of Halloween level like the one back in ’06?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

A little bit of both!

We are releasing LocoRoco Midnight Carnival 2 days before Halloween, plus the dressing up of LocoRoco in game links into the Halloween theme.

+ unam88 on October 16th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Fawk yeah! This game rulez, sorry about the first thing, oh and good luck on the game, i lived the ps3 version of the game. So I hope you reply as you did w/ the other comments! XD

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Thank you too for the warm support!
    Very much appreciated!

You\’re also on the list for PS3 version requests. Wow this list is growing… :-)

+ unam88 on October 16th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Oh and before I forget plz plz plz make another locco Rocco for the ps3. I know there are a lot of comments about it, but plz take that into account! (//_-)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Once again, request noted.

Let\’s just hope we can make something happen!

+ xKOROSHIYAx on October 16th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Hey Mr. TI is back! How’s it going man?

Add another request for LR on PS3! Maybe with some online co-op or something ;)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 16th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

Hello again :-)

Adding you to our list!

Online co-op would be cool.
    We\’d have to come up with a new game mechanism though.

Who would have control over tilting?
    Imagine multiple people trying to tilt all at different times?! :-p

+ Dallas7999 on October 16th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

I’m cracking up here after reading DeadlyAnGeL91792′s post. The complete absence of tact is almost beautiful.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

Happens all the time! :-)

It\’s okay.
    Al least one more person knows LocoRoco Midnight Carnival is coming!

+ lets-be_azn on October 16th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

i might get a psp now with dissdia and grand turismo, i don’t have one yet, but i want a go. one GO and one 3000 so i can play multiplayer

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

…and don\’t forget LocoRoco Midnight Carnival!

+ Dallas7999 on October 16th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

And since I just saw people are requesting Loco Roco on PS3, add me as well. The games look fun and I’m a sucker for cuteness.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

Added you to the list.
    Hope you enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival in the meantime!

+ Microshock on October 16th, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

I will also request Loco Roco for PS3. But this version is very affordable, just like the other ones

Is this the game that can be played with the PSPgo closed?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

Thank you for your support.

Indeed, most of the game can be played with the PSP go unit closed with the exception of some game save user interface which requires the use of the conventional buttons.

Otherwise, all in game menu navigation etc can be done by using the shoulder buttons.

Almost like the PSP go was made for this game!

+ hkyluver on October 16th, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

Awesome!!! I AM PUMPED UP FOR THIS. You guys are wonderful and I would like a PS3 version of LocoRoco as well. Cheers from Atlanta Georgia!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

ATL!

I\’ve been there a few times.
    We had the E3 game convention there in \’97 and \’98 after the Olympics. Good times..

Thanks for your support.
    I really hope you enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival :-)

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 16th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

Cool! I luv me some more LocoRoco!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

Thank you!!!

Sending the LocoRoco vibes out to you!!!

+ RadarTrap on October 16th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

Awesome I’ll be picking this up for sure! I loved the previous ones. I just need to buy a memory card first… :-P

I’ll also add my vote for another PS3 game! But please PLEASE keep the psp control scheme, or if you’re feeling adventurous then use motion controls, but that damned butterfly was the most frustrating thing in the world! haha

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

Once again, thank you for the support!

Although LocoRoco Midnight Carnival is a spin off (not a sequel to LocoRoco 2) I\’m sure this will keep you busy for a while!

+ Jimal23 on October 16th, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

Never picked this game up from the ps store yet, but I just might have to now with all the upcoming additions to it, and maybe some type of pvp strategy game online?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

Yes! Do it!

+ gamemasta114 on October 16th, 2009 at 7:58 pm said:

I’ll definitely be getting this. Locoroco 2 was one of the best games for the PSP and one of my favorite games of all time.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

Ditto! and thank you supporting the franchise!

Happy \”Boing!\” to you!

+ mister1337 on October 16th, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

No happiness until Dissidia is released

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

awww…

+ Gamer_Matt27 on October 16th, 2009 at 8:43 pm said:

PS3 version with motion controls would be sick.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

Noted, thanks!

+ Sygoomei on October 16th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

I don’t have a PSP and never plan to. Please bring us some PS3 LocoRoco action!

Trophies for the original would be nice as well!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Really?

Now\’s the perfect chance to give yourself an excuse to get one!

This is the third iteration of LocoRoco on PSP, you\’re missing out!!

+ krae_man on October 16th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

Digital distribution is going to fail if keep on overpricing the downloadable games.

The first Two Locorocos should be $15 each on PSN and this game should be $10.

How hard is it to understand that $40 for a portable downloadable game is insane. Pricing them the same as retail is insane, Charging $15 for PSP games that have less content then $10 PS3 PSN games is insane.

Do the right thing and make this $10(and drop the price of the PSP Go while you’re at it).

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

Sadly I can\’t really speak to pricing issues, but let me say this..

Development costs for games on any platform exceeds your imagination (in most cases). We\’re not trying to rip you off.

If developers can\’t keep afloat, no games.

THEN, we\’ll all be pretty sad, don\’t you think?

+ Jerel on October 16th, 2009 at 9:36 pm said:

Will there be a UMD version? I would totally buy it if I could buy a physical copy. Otherwise, no sale.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

Unfortunately, no UMD this time..
    There\’s always the PSN store you know?

+ jelly_bean on October 16th, 2009 at 9:55 pm said:

This game is very cool… Can’t wait to play this new version… I guess I’ll have to finish my Locoroco 2 before playing this new one… Greetings from Brazil :)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

Brazil!

Yes, you have 2 weeks to complete LocoRoco 2!
    Hurry up!!!

+ PullusPardusUS on October 16th, 2009 at 10:21 pm said:

for everyone who didn’t play this game,Locoroco is worth buying a PSP for.

its really as simple as that.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

\’nough said!! Thank you!!

+ BaronBrain on October 16th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

As with #38, no physical copy = no sale for me. I do not purchase any games via digital download.

Unfortunately, Tsubasa, I have noticed that few of the games you are associated with – or have spoken to us about on this blog – get released on BD/UMD in North America… yet they ARE made available this way in every other region. Echochrome… Siren: Blood Curse… and now LocoRoco Midnight Carnival..

Why is this, when there has also been demand for BD/UMD in this country?Will any other regions have a UMD for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival so I can import it as I did your other titles?

If you/SCEA are hesitant, perhaps you can release Midnight Carnival on a single compilation disc along with Patapon 2 here. (Europe has released two compilation discs, each containing 3 PSN-only titles.)

I adore the LocoRoco series more than I can say, but I will never pay for or play Midnight Carnival (or LocoRoco Cocoreccho) unless released on UMD/BD.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

Wow, thanks for tracking my titles :-)

Sorry to say LocoRoco Midnight Carnival will be a PSN title on a global basis.

Perhaps I can share your comments w/ our internal teams for possible future solutions.

+ Francision69 on October 17th, 2009 at 3:19 am said:

Can’t wait to buy this game!!!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

Me too!!!

+ Shikoro on October 17th, 2009 at 4:50 am said:

Is there going to be a demo?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

Yes, and good question!

A demo will be released (same day) for any of you who are on the fence trying to decide.

What\’s even better is, the game supports in-game commerce in case you DO like it. You will be escorted to the PSN store to purchase the remainder of the game.

Very smooth and straight forward operation.

+ anticulture on October 17th, 2009 at 5:17 am said:

LocoRoco was one of my all-time favorite games (and my reason for buying a PSP, back in 2007. Can’t you tell by my avatar? I finally just bought LocoRoco 2 a few weeks ago, and haven’t been able to play it yet. Now, there’s another LocoRoco game coming out!

How long is it, in reference to the other two games? Is it about the same length?

Also, count me in for a PS3 version. I wonder: could you guys make a version that plays on both PS3 and PSP? A game that launches on both platforms (sort of like PS1 games)?

That would be my dream come true (even if the PS3 version isn’t HD). But if this is not possible at all, it would be nice to simply have a PS3 game. Perhaps consider a ‘LocoRoco: Collection’? All of the PSP games, packaged for the PS3, in one application?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Looks like we have another loyal supporter here, thank you!

Playing time can vary tremendously, but perhaps I can say it\’s a tad bit shorter than LocoRoco 2. But again, that assumes you master the new game mechanics quickly.

The number of levels is smaller, but the game play is more demanding. Get ready!

+ Viper7 on October 17th, 2009 at 5:33 am said:

Any info on the size of the Locoroco midnight carnival? Atm I only have 1gb memorystick for my psp so having big files there will make things a bit complicated.

Planning to get bigger memory stick but not anytime soon (just too many good Ps3 and Psp games coming within few months of time)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Sorry I don\’t have the exact file size on hand, but I\’m pretty sure this will fit on your mem-stick.

Remember when memory sticks first came out and had only 8MB?!

+ adz2k7 on October 17th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Boing!!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Boing! (chain)

+ datoupee on October 17th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

I would like to request a trophey patch for Coccoreccho on PS3. This is a great game and having trophies would make it even better and increase interest in an otherwise archived game.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Request noted!

+ o0Priest0o on October 17th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

I adore LocoRoco. It is the very reason that I bought a PSP. LocoRoco 2 was a blast as well. One thing that I would like is online multiplayer. I don’t have anyone to play with locally.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Another good request to consider for future projects.

We\’ll talk about something that may be of interest to you later this week. Stay tuned!

+ b0n3z_420 on October 17th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

Add me to the list of people that would love a full LocoRoco game on the PS3 please!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

You\’re on!

+ P_ROD24 on October 17th, 2009 at 11:42 pm said:

Lol “hello ps blog readers” that’s funny

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 19th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Too many abbreviations/acronyms these days. LOL

PAGE 1 2