PS3-TLOU Left Behind

The PlayStation Recap

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Oct 17, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

PlayStation.Blog.Europe Recap

Here’s a great video you might have missed from the Blog.Europe’s Jem Alexander. Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima talks Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker for PSP, specifically discussing co-op and more. Definitely a must see for any Metal Gear or PSP fans.

Courtesy of Cindy “Abigale” Bowens

• SOCOM: Confrontation DLC -We revealed the details on the upcoming COLD FRONT DLC pack that will be released for SOCOM: Confrontation in the near future.
    Check out the details!

+ Kchow23 on October 17th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

YES!, finally get to hear about MGS Rising MGS:PW and future games from Kojima Productions

+ KazeEternal on October 17th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Hey Chris don’t suppose you could rig the Uncharted 2 drawings this weekend so I can get the Fortune Hunter Edition. I’ll owe you big time lol, that and I don’t want to pay 3k plus on Ebay for it.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on October 18th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

I should ask you the same thing…I wish I could win one!

+ ProSoldier14 on October 17th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Chris, can there be a Ratchet & Clank countdown on the blog like Uncharted 2?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on October 18th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

Good question! If enough people want it, we can look into it.

+ MrBeatdown on October 17th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

I’m loving Uncharted but the competitive multiplayer is unplayable. Co-op is flawless but in competitive games my character is constantly freezing in place, sometimes for a few seconds, or sometimes for a whole minute at a time. The funny thing is I’ve never had any problem with other games. Is Naughty Dog aware of this issue?

+ WestCoastR3DUBZ on October 17th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

Good week again go Sony.

+ Slipping_halo on October 17th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

I thought we were going to have some news about giving us canadians a chance to win the Uncharted 2 FH But I guess we will be ignored again…

+ mister1337 on October 17th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

All lame, didn’t see anything on Dissidia.

+ TRIX_BOL on October 17th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

This has been a tremendous week for SCE with the release of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

I hope the remaining of firts-party titles to release get an amazing marketing publicity such as Uncharted 2 did. They all deserve well sales — but in my opinion Uncharted, Gran Turismo and God of War are the main reasons to own a PlayStation console.

+ Velmonte on October 17th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

I agree with #3 ProSoldier14. We should have a Ratchet & Clank: ACIT countdown in the Blog. ;-)
Or maybe a God of War: Collection countdown, either one.

+ trustkill on October 17th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

@6 canada is still around? sheesh… could’ve fooled me!

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on October 17th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

Some good reading, but truth be told.I enjoy “what we read” more then the PSB recap.

I wonder if il read any articles tomorrow about Sony raising the price for GOW on the psn from $14.99 to $19.99.

What the heck is that all about.

+ MooseDog_00 on October 17th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

Any news on a UMD compatibility or software update for go? im not getting a GO or tons of others without that feature…
Also any news on the assassins creed bloodlines bundle, a PSPGO bundle or anything…?
Oh yeah and make the prices of the games on the PSN 5$ lower then reg price, like gran turismo for the PSP should be like 34.99 instead of 39.99, you dont have to manufacture or ship or anything, the gamers dont get a solid copy with resale value, or a box and instruction booklet…. jeez lower it lol

+ UnholierThanThou on October 18th, 2009 at 12:01 am said:

sorry for the caps on that last post, but GAWD! This mister1337 guy has been out of hand for over 2 weeks now, and I KNOW I’m not the only one sick of his whining!

+ ynp7 on October 18th, 2009 at 1:16 am said:

Can we get a firmware update to address insane fan noise already? Ever since 3.00 my 60GB has been running it’s fan like crazy, even when idling at the XMB. I’d say the dynamic theme stuff (which you don’t seem to be able to turn off, even by selecting a non-dynamic theme) has something to do with it.

+ Ftwrthtx on October 18th, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

I prefer yours and Jeff’s interviews

Thanks for the recap.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on October 18th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

Aww, thanks for the loyalty! But Jem and the EU Blog do some really cool stuff, too. We\’ll make sure you know about the content that\’s relevant to you from EU.

+ mister1337 on October 18th, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

Sunday morning, still no Dissidia.

+ aztec23 on October 18th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

Wonder who won the Uncharted 2 Among Thieves FHE? This makes me sad :(

+ aztec23 on October 18th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

@14 Dude I know what you mean, but I didn’t think it was because of the update.

+ superstewie on October 18th, 2009 at 8:44 am said:

he speaks japanese to sony interviews and English to Microsoft.
it’s sort of the same as Japanese developers approach games on the xbox360, they don’t make games for Japanese on the xbox360 (they make them for English speaking crowds)

+ phinnv8 on October 18th, 2009 at 8:54 am said:

Sony, there are several things your “does everything” system needs before you will get 360 like attach rates:

Right now:
-Cross Game Voice Chat (at least outside of the chat app in the XMB)
-Auto-sync trophies (why in the world wasn’t this added in 3.0)
-New Avatars

Long term:
-Party features
-Better/faster in-game XMB
-Web Browser that works better (WebKit based or something)

+ tylerdurden30 on October 18th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

This week for GO owners was another worthless week of less than stellar games and no support for the AAA titles yet again. Sony blames 3rd party for the poor support when its Sony’s fault for poor planning and execution.

+ Metellica505 on October 18th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

I need some good games to come out pretty please

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on October 18th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

If you don\’t have U2, download Critter Crunch on PSN. $6.99. Incredibly addictive.

+ Patriot_Infinity on October 18th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

I just can’t get enough MGS and Kojima. Love it.

+ darthlego on October 18th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

I would like to see more LBP news, since LBP PSP is less then a month away.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on October 18th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We will definitely have some LBP PSP content coming up. Stay tuned.

+ superstewie on October 18th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

@tylerdurden30 sony doesn’t blame anyone, the ps3 planning to date has been pretty great from a consumer standpoint (what’s good for the consumer, is also good for 3rd party developers).

of course sony needs to provide full development support when company’s need it, it wouldn’t hurt sony to star something like Apple WWDC (world wide developer conference)
to bring all the playstation developers together, and talk about development needs directly.

+ FeistyMonkey on October 18th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

Nice

+ Azure_Flame_Kite on October 18th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

I want a game that focuses on The Boss.
It can be based when she was training Naked Snake or fighting alongside the Cobra Unit.

+ battosai561 on October 18th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

I love MGS. Can’t Wait until Peace Walker comes out! Awesome interview. It kind of saddens me Kojima-san is leaving the series but I’m also excited to see what the new creators comes up with. Either way Peace Walker looks amazing I can’t wait!

+ darthlego on October 18th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

Thank you for replying to my comment.

+ Rude_Sparthan on October 19th, 2009 at 4:25 am said:

..always the same question… can we expect a Yamauchi interview? Maybe with officiale response about weather conditions.. GT5 not PSP.. why I’m waiting?

and always the same answer… “ignore”.. here and also on EU blog… someone there?

+ Deadly-Survivor on October 20th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

Come on I WANT THE DLC FOR SOCOM THIS IS SAD BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR EVER !!!