GTAV PS4

Coming to PSN this Week: Trine

Olivier Vermeille's Avatar + Posted by Olivier Vermeille on Oct 19, 2009 // Product Manager, Nobilis

Hi everyone,

I’m Olivier, I work for Nobilis as the Product Manager of Trine, and I’m really happy to be able to tell you that it’s coming to the US PlayStation Store this Thursday, October 22!

Trine screenshot 1

This long-expected innovative action / platform game that combines 2D gameplay with 3D graphics is almost here! Acclaimed by players throughout the world and designated as “Best E3 Downloadable Game” by Gamespot, Trine will be available for download Thursday on the PlayStation Network.

Three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil and the player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle.

Trine screenshot 2

Trine is balanced between action and puzzle solving sequences, which are just fantastic to play. Thanks to an extensive use of physics, you’ll be able to solve puzzles in many different ways, whether you play alone by switching characters or alongside with a friend (up to 3 players simultaneously on the same system). Just take a peek at this trailer and you’ll get a sense of what I’m talking about!

For those of you who are always on the hunt for Trophies, rest assured! I’m thrilled to announce that Trine has full support for trophies and also features a Platinum Trophy as the ultimate reward!

I realize that many of you have been waiting to get your hands on Trine for some time. I’d like to assure you all that we are deeply sorry about this delay. We worked really hard in order to give you the best experience possible playing Trine and we really hope you’ll enjoy it.

One more thing. Don’t forget to get all the experience vials that you can pickup throughout the levels! With them you’ll be able to improve the abilities of your characters and become an even bigger threat to your enemies!

Trine is available for download this Thursday on the PlayStation Store for $19.99.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Korbei83 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Sweet

+ LRGKING on October 19th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

A platinum trophy!!??!!
Whoooo!!

+ Enforcer_X on October 19th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

So no online coop then? =*(

+ OmegaSpartan08 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

i saw this a WHILE ago (didn’t have the PS3 then so didn’t care). NOW I HAVE THE PS3!!! I WANT!!!

+ dragonmagician on October 19th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

Finally. I hope a lot of people pick this up (instead of busy playing Uncharted 2), so that we can get Trine 2 with motion controls, or just more support from Frozenbyte for PSN.

+ Xoonaka on October 19th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

Gotta say the price is a bit of a disappointment. I want this game and I want you guys to get lots of profits… but I’ve had some really amazing experiences on PSN lately that I’m not sure you can match, and every single one was under $10.

Topping the list is Shatter at $8 and Car Soccer at $5…. Mushroom Wars ain’t bad either, coming in right at $10.

I’ll still likely buy your game, but there might be a delay on the purchase. No hate here… just the economy at work.

+ Dhrox on October 19th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

This looks amazaing.

I never heard of this game but just watching the gameplay video makes it a day 1 for me.

Go Nobilis.

+ Heisem on October 19th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

at this point the game should be priced $15 or even less, it’s now too old for some of us, there is so many AAA games comming out this month and next…good luck guys

+ CHUY30168 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

@5
i strongly agree. this games looks pretty fun but i think the asking price is a bit high. after all we did just get out of a recession loo

+ mister1337 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

How about Dissidia, is that coming this week as well?

+ CHUY30168 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

@5
i strongly agree. this game looks pretty fun but the asking price seems a bit high. after all we did just get out of a recession lol

+ SPOPS on October 19th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Any chance of a Demo? $19.99 seems a little high and would like to try before I buy.

+ TakiFuGu on October 19th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

$19.99 is a bit expensive but since it does have a Platinum Trophy. I’ll buy it! =)

+ Nimoy23 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

I agree. Price point is a little high for a game that’s been out on multiple platforms for a while. Plus, with the lack of mention about a demo, that’ll definitely hurt your sales a bit.
It looks interesting. But I’d like to try something before forking over 20 bones.
I like turtles.

+ EvoAnubis on October 19th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

Jesus Christ; finally! And I agree with SPOPS; a demo would really help.

+ Sygoomei on October 19th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

I was planning on buying this game, but not at $20. I hope you guys break even somehow… I’ll pick this up when it goes on sale… in a year? 2? whatever. Not buying at this price point when I could play it on the pc for cheaper!

+ TakiFuGu on October 19th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

@5

Dude you are right. I just picked up Demon’s Soul, Uncharted 2 this game can wait. No point in spending $19.99 on a PSN game. I’ll wait for a price drop. You are absolutely right. At $9.99 this would’ve been awesome. I got caught in the hype machine for a sec. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

+ LokeSTL on October 19th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

$20??!! You might have got that 2 months ago! LOL! I’ll wait for the 50% off sale in a year or so.

FYI – Get this on Amazon and I’ll put it on my wishlist. $20 games on my wishlist are almost always purchased for me during the holidays.

+ aztec23 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

That looks like a good deal. I was wondering why people were getting mad that this game didn’t come out weeks before. Now I seen the gameplay and it looks sweet.

+ TakiFuGu on October 19th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

By the way, is this game a PSN exclusive?

+ Sindred on October 19th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

About time, guys. 20 bucks will make me wait for Friday, but I do plan on getting this.

+ Spyroluver88 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

@ CHUY30168

Who’s “out of the recession”? We are definately not out around my house!

@ Olivier

The game looks interesting and I’m a huge fan of both platform games and action/adventures so it’s right up my alley. That being said, with money being so tight right now is there going to be a demo on the PSN? I would like to give it a try first.

Olivier Vermeille's Avatar

+ Olivier Vermeille on October 27th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

Hi Spyroluver88,

We understand demo is important for players nowadays.

To answer your question i can only say that we are thinking about it and we\’re doing our best to make you guys happy :)!

+ Sygoomei on October 19th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

Oh wow, no online support either? Only MP on the same system? Auto-fail. I don’t have house-mates that play games with me anymore. If you’d released this 18 months ago; it may have been cool!

+ Dhrox on October 19th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

I don’t think Sony allows a platinum trophy unless the game is 20$+, that might be a reason.

+ CRONIC_GAMER on October 19th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

This looks like one of those games that makes my tv speakers crack and scratch when something crazy happens speaking of does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it

add me : cronicgamer (all caps)

+ reson8er on October 19th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

I thought this would be 14.99, a little shocked at the price. :/

How long is the “average” playthrough?

Any word on a demo coming to the store?

Thanks, and I wish you much success :)

+ Nadafinga on October 19th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

I was expecting this to be $15, but based on the reviews, it looks like $20 is still worth the purchase. Can’t wait to fire it up on Thursday.

It’s still cheaper than the $60 games people!

+ Obi_Al_Kenobi on October 19th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Maybe just a little late, but I will buy it anyway, maybe the hype was lost in the meantime, but this game is going to be awesome.

Just asking, Is this game gonna have online coop?

Olivier Vermeille's Avatar

+ Olivier Vermeille on October 27th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

Hi Obi_Al_Kenobi,

The co-op mode is local only and i\’m afraid there\’s no plan to incorporate an online mode just now.

Local is still pretty exciting though! It\’s really fun to \”mess\” a little with your friends ;)

+ decimalator on October 19th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

Better late than never

+ Demonhunter84 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

$20 is a bit steep I would at least pay $14.99 for it but $19.99 is pushing it. Its at least cheaper than the PC version which I think is $39.99, I could be wrong. Maybe if it was on sale for $9.99 I would buy this or maybe wait for a demo.

+ Neil on October 19th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

I’m excited! I will buy this. Now to squeak in time between this and Demon’s Souls

+ HouseMorton on October 19th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

Two months ago I was excited about this game. Now I’ve lost the fire for it. Add to that the $20 price tag and you’ve lost me. Maybe if this goes on sale someday for a reasonable $10 I’ll jump on it.
It’s funny- with the economy in the toilet, you’d think game prices wouldn’t be inflating so quickly… but it seems that the industry doesn’t understand that selling 20000 copies for $10 is better than 500 for $20. Oh well.

+ acerazer1 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

CHUY

who told you we are out of the recession? it will most definitely still be going on a year from now, the rise in unemployment hasn’t even begun to slow down yet. just because people are buying like crazy in the markets doesn’t mean anything

and for all the people who are hesitant to buy this at $20… i would have to agree with you. i’ve played the pc demo and the game is impressive, but it’s not $20, knock-your-socks-off impressive for me. but being $20 (and $30 on PC), it must have a larger amount of content to offer, so if you’re into bang for your buck, you might want to look into that.

+ Fluidshine on October 19th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

I have been waiting for this game probably since the beginning of the year!! I’m sooo glad it’s finally releasing!!!!!

+ BigPoppaB on October 19th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

To the publishers of this game… congrats. You have given a perfect example of how NOT to release a game.

There was hype for this 2 months ago… then it died away. Even worse.. you’re releasing a $20 downloadable game during the busiest release season of the year.

You have basically gone out of your way to make sure this game sells as poorly as possible. I feel bad for the developers.

Seriously, Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, AC2, MW2, Fifa 10… i dont have time for this game

+ DropD on October 19th, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

please release a demo first, so I can decide if I want to buy it.

+ DARZERO on October 19th, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

wow, thats looks pretty cool. I might get it actually.

how about chrono cross on psn?

+ SPARDA on October 19th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

It looks great, but I may wait for a price drop before picking it up. Just too many games keeping me busy these days and more coming

SPARDA

+ acerazer1 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

oh, and since it has a platinum, i wouldn’t be expecting a price drop anytime soon unless something drastic happens (like only five sold but i doubt that). you might see a 14.99 temporary drop a year from now to celebrate the anniversary (like with wipeout), but besides that i don’t really see anything happening in the $10 range because of the plat.

+ pgsdi on October 19th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

Looks like a nice game for the PSN. but the price is way too steep. 9.99 would be about right. and i’m surprised Atlus did not publish this for the PS3….

+ phinnv8 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

Wow it’s about time. Delaystation at it again. Looking forward to checking this out thanks guys.

Next up Castle Crashers? =)

+ phinnv8 on October 19th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

@36 Chrono Cross would be awesome, i always heard it was one of the best rpgs ever made but never played it.

+ Chexander on October 19th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

Nice.

Great Price, I was expecting $30

+ HaLe_2_NaTHaN on October 19th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

i agree with bigpoppab (34),way too many GREAT games just arrived with so many more coming,talk about terrible timing,this woulda been a day 1 for me a few months ago or atleast alittle time before uncharted 2 was released.S
till want the game just gonna have to wait til next year…err..wait..ok maybe LONG after MAG and GOWIII.

+ RobRoks on October 19th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

that game looks awesome but its not for me :L

+ pasufarin on October 19th, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

I’m glad that Trine is finally getting its North American release, as I’m sure the people at Frozenbyte, the game’s developer, are.

Will the version we are getting already include the patch that was just recently released for the EU version?

+ BrianC6234 on October 19th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

The posts on this blog crack me up. For weeks all I’ve seen posted is when will Trine come out. Now it’s comig and all I see is $19.99 is too much.

+ stlthriot on October 19th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Awesome! Been awaiting this game since it was first announced! :D Definitely will be a day-one purchase for me on Thursday!

The graphics and physics are top-notch in Trine from what I have seen in videos/screenshots.

Are there any plans for DLC after the game has been out a bit?

+ psyXcho on October 19th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

was sweet until I saw the price. May have spent $15 now I’ll wait until $10. You simply waited too long to release and have the gull to attempt $20. PASS!

+ Ozumo on October 19th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Looks like a pretty neat game, but you should have released it before Uncharted 2. Everyone on my friends list (including myself) is playing that at any given time, and with UC2 having on-line multiplayer, I don’t think anyone will have time for Trine.

And $20 (same price as on Steam right now) doesn’t exactly inspire impulse purchase, like the excellent Critter Crunch did for me at only $6.99. Obviously, I wouldn’t expect Trine at that price, but $9.99 probably would have equalled sale and $14.99 would have made me think long and hard about mybe getting it, for now I’ll wait for a sale.

Good luck guys, game looks pretty cool, hope someone buys it!

PAGE 1 2 3 4