Uncharted 4

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Hits PlayStation Home + Tekken 6 & Street Fighter IV Spaces

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Oct 21, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

It’s one of the biggest releases of the entire year and it’s about to get much, much bigger. This Thursday, October 22 Friday, October 23, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is coming into PlayStation Home, and you’ll want to do whatever it is that needs to be done to ensure that you are in-world to take part in the grand opening of this awesome new space. Why? Because not only is this game space chock full of amazing supplementary UNCHARTED 2 content that can only be experienced in the ever-evolving world of PlayStation Home, but there are quite a few exclusive items that can only be procured on opening day.

Home UNCHARTED 2 Space 2

Set inside a breathtaking Nepalese village surrounding that was constructed with assets pulled directly from the game, this immersive environment contains three unique UNCHARTED 2-themed mini-games that will keep you coming back for more. Treasure hunters will be driven to the Mask Mayhem questing mini-game where you must search throughout the village to assemble the scattered remnants of an ancient Ganesh mask (which, upon completion, miraculously appears in your Wardrobe). Adventurers that pride themselves on their agility will love the challenge presented by the Torch Race, and will revel in getting their PSN IDs plastered on the game’s leaderboard. Action addicts with a penchant for strategy will be engrossed by the Fortunate Thieves card battle game where players will seek out treasure on maps that are fully dynamic (with weather and terrain effects,) all while using the expandable card pack to thwart one another with a bevy of treacherous tricks. Check out the video below to see this space and the associated games for yourself, with even more details explained by PlayStation Home Director Jack Buser.

We also have two new game spaces launching this Thursday Friday that are sure to appeal to all of you fighting fans out there. That’s right – Tekken 6 and Street Fighter IV are getting their own dedicated game spaces. These game spaces come loaded with Tekken 6 and Street Fighter IV-related content and will serve as the perfect hubs for all of you bare-knuckled brawlers and PlayStation 3 pugilists that are looking for areas to organize game launching tournaments (or just looking for a new opponent to quickly pummel). To top it all off, 25 Street Fighter IV alternate costumes will also be released tomorrow, so head to the Mall to guile up and then get to swinging.

Speaking of great new content to collect, the new Penthouse personal space will be released tomorrow. High rollers, big ballers, shot callers, and those of you that simply have a taste for the finer things in life will find this luxury urban condo the ideal place to return to after a raging event in Central Plaza. You can pick this new place up for yourself at the Estates store in the Mall (along with a boatload of new virtual items releasing this week).

Last, but certainly not least, you’ll notice that a new version of PlayStation Home – version 1.32 – will be prompted for download when you attempt to login. This client update will address many of the issues that the community has reported to us post-1.3. You should find that gaining access to the service is much, much, MUCH easier. So if you’ve had problems logging into Home over the last few weeks, have no fear, and be sure to get into PlayStation Home later this week to take part in all of the radness scheduled to occur.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ NelsonXVCT on October 21st, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

That looks amazing.
I got to try out the card game.

+ that-acmilan-guy on October 21st, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Thats cool, will give a visit.

+ ParadoX444 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Nice

+ BabeBro on October 21st, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

Great update, I will be there, hopefully HOME won’t take so long to load anymore :o)

+ TuxBobble on October 21st, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

Sounds interesting. Is there an estimated time frame of this update, more specifically than “Thursday”? Because I work all day. I’d like to be able to get the opening day content after I get home, and sometimes these promos occur at weird times. I’m east coast though so I’m assuming I’ll be ok?

+ JaKhris on October 21st, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

Looking good for Uncharted 2. :)

+ Degenerate182 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

sweet sweet hangin

+ perrandy on October 21st, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

this is fine and dandy but have you guys investigated about the hacking activity that is going on on home? because of that i had to delete the whole program because i was a victim of it

+ JimmyHACK on October 21st, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

nice, now i just need to know when the first double money (xp) weekend for uncharted will be :)

+ jerk_man on October 21st, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

mini mmo lol

+ IceReign on October 21st, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

I really like the new direction u guys are heading with the homes spaces. Mini games and rewards…Keep up the good work.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 21st, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

Thanks for the kind words. You can expect this kind of stuff to continue!

+ mahunoy on October 21st, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Cool. I cant wait to try out the games.

+ Awsaim on October 21st, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

If you guys fixed the times for downloading, verifying purchased content, and took away the stupid grins, I swear I will cry. Is it weird that im mostly excited for the SF4 stuff tomorrow? BEST UPDATE EVER.

+ akiratech on October 21st, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

looks very guys keep it up and ill be there tomorrow

+ LukaX23 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

I guess those ads in PlayStation Home are working out for you guys. ;-)

+ GamerMoney on October 21st, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

Finally fighting game spaces

+ BlooodyCow on October 21st, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

You know what would be awesome? If I can connect to HOME without it freezing my PS3 while I am signing in. Yes I try the steps which include deleting HOME and re-download it and nothing.

Where is the ability to stream contents from your PS3 in our HOME space? That was the one of the first feature to be show and its been 2+ years and nothing.

+ AmericanNinja1 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

Locust will 1.32 this fix all the long loading times people have been having as well?

+ Axecution on October 21st, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Uncharted 2 space huh?
Badass. :D

+ StrykerIsland on October 21st, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Sounds great… too bad I’ll never get a chance to play the darn thing. Hundreds of people hammering X at once to get into a game only to see a Server Busy message isn’t my idea of a good time.

I like Home, I use it a lot, but you really need to let anyone play a game when they want to play one in order for these things to be considered “fun”.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 21st, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

The Fortunate Thieves mini-game \”instances\” which means there are no lines to wait in. You can even secure your own private games for you and up to 4 friends.

+ StrykerIsland on October 21st, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

@17 just delete the custom apartment files in Game Data.

+ raygun333 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

BlooodyCow … have you deleted your home apt. data also? Some things like the fat princess chair, and having couches on the roof cause home to hang if your loading into harbour studio apt at start up, fixed my problems

+ BigBoss712 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

Never really been a fan of PSHome but with all the new game spaces i will have to take a look.

+ WingTrl on October 21st, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Dude Seeeet

+ secularsage on October 21st, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

I’m still waiting to see what happened with the Uncharted 2 giveaway. Were the results ever announced?

+ TOY_BOXX on October 21st, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

I’m glad to see the continued evolution of Playstation Home. Uncharted games space here I come!

+ Kenshin71 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

I like the new spaces that are being added. Unfortunately there are still the long loading times and perpetual downloads to run Home which make it an annoying process to navigate. I’d rather the Home team work on a solution to this, ie. a fluid experience, than keep adding frivolous additions. There should also be Home rewards unlockable in-game, like complete Uncharted 2 and get Nepalese artifacts for your apartment.

+ Sekoku on October 21st, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Uncharted 2 space looks great.

But if there is “day one” items only available that’s going to suck for new people coming in a day later.

Also: Personal home games, please? There is still no reason to go to my personal space with anyone other than myself than to check up on home rewards I got from games there.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 21st, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Have you checked out the new Neptune Suite personal space? It\’s got quite a few games baked into it. You should talk to someone in-world and see if you can get a tour of theirs – it\’s quite popular.

+ RockyPea on October 21st, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Too bad I still freeze everytime I try to sign into home. Whats it been? like a month since I could sign into it? Should I just retreive the 3 gigs back from my hard drive? Or are you guys going to help me out within the next year?

+ XenoNative on October 21st, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

i have been dying to get back into Home, so i’m glad you guys are addressing the problem with the logging on. it has been a reaal pain! thanx again!!

+ BusterKnight on October 21st, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

When can we expect those Home contests for the Fortune Hunter Edition?

+ GotDayum on October 21st, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

Yes I am going to be there first thing tomorrow. This looks great. Cant wait for the street fighter 4 spaces also……Thanks PlayStation Home!!

+ DMeisterJ on October 21st, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

:o

awesome update

+ JukeboxAddict on October 21st, 2009 at 9:52 am said:

How is there no game launching? This is your biggest first party title of the year, and there’s no integrated game launching? Sure, there’s the universal game launch, but that can be a jumbled mess.

Please get this feature in there, Sony.

+ Liamario on October 21st, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

Still don’t see the point in Home

+ NARDE15 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

Nice now all we need is ManMachine bumbing in the plaza!

wassup witht he exclusive Jack?

+ ACDarkKnight on October 21st, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

I would love to uses these spaces but seeing as everytime I load home up my console freezes when the screen displays initializing. Please fix this and keep up the good work.

+ Nimoy23 on October 21st, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

It’s nice to see the support they’re giving to Home lately. I hope the other things that have been overlooked for a while with the rest of the system, such as dynamic themes and avatars, start picking up steam soon as well.
I like turtles.

+ dirtyfeet33 on October 21st, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

My PS3 freezes up every time I load Home as well. Anyone else having this issue? Sony, please fix this or tell us what to do to make it work.

+ GLiTcH2 on October 21st, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Glad to see lots of stuff coming, Let’s hope there is no problems and Home isn’t down for most of the day……..

+ TheTwelve on October 21st, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

I WILL be on HOME this Thursday.

+ THE_LIGHT_05 on October 21st, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

TTTEEEEKKKEEEENNN!!!!!!! HELLZ YEAH!!

+ phinnv8 on October 21st, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

What a waste of resources Sony. Please hire the software people that work on the 360.

+ Darth-Krayt on October 21st, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

I LOVE Home. I have since I got into the closed beta. And it just keeps getting better and better. Kudos.

The Uncharted Space looks epic. I’m hoping I enjoy the games. They certainly look good. Though I don’t like strategy games, so I might not like that 1 so much, but we’ll see in about 12 hours or so I suppose.

Does the Tekken space mean that Tekken will fully support game launching? That’s a pretty nice info reveal if so.

I’m also looking forward to checking out all the new SF costumes. Hopfully there are a couple pieces I really like for a couple of my own custom costume creations.

All in all, one of the best Home updates yet. Though I suppose that line seems to be repeated on every Home content update latly. Awesome stuff. Ignore the inter-tards on the web bashing Home. Home is one of the many things that make PS3 my favorite console of all time. (and I’ve owned every major console in real time).

+ phinnv8 on October 21st, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

My PS3 started locking up when I installed Home 1.3 too. I deleted all the data and reinstalled Home (not the save file, the data) and it worked. But once I saw that it worked, I haven’t touched Home since.

+ echogridlock on October 21st, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

The Uncharted 2 space looks nice but how does it support the actual game. On the back of the uncharted game case it says it features Playstation Home SUPPORT, leading a buyer like me to believe that the game/Home will support each other. From what I have seen Uncharted 2 Home space and Uncharted 2 the game are each a stand alone entity: Uncharted 2 the game SUPPORTS home, but home does NOT SUPPORT Uncharted 2 the game.

+ S-CLASS_ENY on October 21st, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

yea i wanna see what this be like, plus meet some people that love uncharted 2 as much as i do

+ eratyptin on October 21st, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

Looks awesome! Can’t wait to check it out!

+ FunkyTable on October 21st, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

I’ve held off on using home primarily because it looks like something my wife and I could enjoy together. My wife enjoys getting to dress up virtual dolls. She had a blast creating characters for Soul Calibur 3, while I played them. So I am looking forward to doing something similar with home except there is one simple yet critical aspect missing to operate in this manner.

A simple fashion show program. Where you can show off your own creations and easily see what other folks have done. The reverse would be neat too, to see what folks have done with their living spaces.

Is there any plans to implement a feature like this?

+ Darth-Krayt on October 21st, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

To anyone who has Home freezing up on them on the “initialization” screen, there’s an easy fix, and it’s really your fault for not keeping informed because the fix for that particular freeze has been publicly availible since the DAY the 1.3 update came out. Delete Home from it’s main icocn on the XMB, thhen reeinstall it.

Good job keeping yourself out of Home. Though to be fair, even though you are the ones who don’t keep yourselves informed when you so obviously have access to the web, the Home team should have told people about the quick and easy fix for the initialization screen freeze publicly here on the Blog.

But at the same time, other users have REPEATEDLY given you uninformed gamers the fix here in reply to your complaints, and you just ignore them obviously. So when it comes down to it, your own ignorance is to blame. Since you could have been back in Home the same day as the 1.3 update.

PAGE 1 2 3 4