PS4 - Destiny

MAG Public Beta Update (v1.30)

Seth Luisi's Avatar + Posted by Seth Luisi on Oct 22, 2009 // Director of Development, SCEA

This morning we released a new MAG Public Beta update. The new MAG Public Beta update includes a new PSN Title update (version 1.30) and new game data. This new MAG Public Beta release includes over 8,000 updates and fixes, too many to list in detail. You can start downloading it now to have it ready for when the servers open at 10:00 a.m. PDT.

MAG

Some of the patch highlights are:

• Framerate improvements in all environments
  • Vote/ Kick implemented
  • Art and lighting updates to all levels
  • Art updates to weapons, vehicles and objects
  • Animation improvement and updates
  • Client patching improvements
  • Design tuning on all environments (attacker/defender, out of bounds, sightlines, routing…)
  • Tuned all skills (skill point expense, skill trees, skill effects)
  • Tuning pass on experience rewarded for all actions (resuscitate, heal other, destroy turret, destroy motor pool….)
  • Tuning pass on player & leadership experience progressions
  • Full audio tuning pass
  • Bunker, APC, and Spawn camera adjustments
  • Lowered initial spawn times for attackers and defenders for all gametypes
  • Update Major/Minor victory and loss percentages and conditions for all gametypes
  • Updated Domination gametype scoring values
  • Improved weapon feel and hit feedback

A lot of the changes are based directly on feedback from the MAG Public Beta community. Please keep this feedback coming, it really helps us improve the title.

If you are not yet a part of the MAG Public Beta there is still time. If you pre-order MAG at GameStop in the US or EB Games in Canada you receive access to the MAG Public Beta. And remember, from November 9th until November 20th the only way to access the MAG Public Beta in North America is to pre-order MAG.

We look forward to seeing you in battle.

+ Xplicit84 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

Is it common fr the updates to not advance for the last MB? I have 2681.17 MB out of 2681.67 MB. Whats going on here?

+ PAPAG30RG10 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

@151

Mine got stuck at the same place. I went to bed, and it was still stuck, so this morning I quit/restarted… and it finished up.

Just over 20 hours to update.

+ CAPTAIN-CHAOS222 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

LOOK HERE IT’S JUST A GAME. U DONT NEED TO KICK ANY 1 OUT 4 THERE SUCKYNES JUST PLAY THE GAME. & WE DONT NEED THAT PUSH TO TALK. PLEAS DONT PUT IN PUSH TO TALK!!!!!!!!

+ HatmanTc on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

@152. i tried that, but i am still stuck on that last MB.

+ CAPTAIN-CHAOS222 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

y wont thay open a TDM

+ King1Dion on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

I GOT VENOM TO SPEW…..
I HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADING THIS v1.3 UPDATE FOR THE PAST 24 HOURS….MINE WILL NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GO PAST 99% COMPLETE SAYING IM 1MB SHORT ALL MY FRIENDS ARE ON AND PLAYING….WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE I HAVE BEEN CALLING ALL OVER THE PLACE EVEN SCEA THIS MORNING…I JUST DONT GET IT CANT SOME PLEASE SHINE SOME LIGHT MY WAY I EVEN QUIT AND RESTARTED MANY TIMES….SCEA, ZIPPER ANYONE ???????

+ skips_one on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

Dear Zipper,

It would be great if you guys could make voice chat push to talk because ppl get annoyed when they hear background sounds or someone breathing real hard or someone putting annoying music.

+ Dude_99 on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

+ Dude_99 on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

+ Dude_99 on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

OMG!!!!!!!!27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE. 27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.27 HOURS AND v1.3 UPDATE STILL NOT DONE.

+ TURBObabe on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

dude! ok. this is rediclious. so, 151 and 156. i am having much the same problem. my boyfriend told me it was karma, right after he said that all my electronic stuff died. but, ive been told to reboot the game, and system. and try wired/wireless. im still stuck. ive been stuck at the same spot for over 12 hours, been doing the update for going on 26 or 27. my boyfriends play station (which is in the SAME ROOM) did the update and is playing just fine,and didnt get caught up anywhere. help?! if this is something we have to look forward to, much profit might be lost on this game.

+ TURBObabe on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

ok, so i deleted it, and im redownloading the game all together. with hope, maybe some change and luck will come

+ SNARLOAS on October 23rd, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

the latest update sticks at 99% i’ve been restarting it for two days now, even deleted the install please help

+ DominicanNinja on October 23rd, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

im loving this game

+ dudemon21220 on October 23rd, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

………..still waiting at 99% (2681.17)……. :( bout 20hrs……….really?

+ Mosh_Pit on October 23rd, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

Mine is stuck at 99% for 24 hours now…

+ hgoku10 on October 23rd, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

I am stuck on my update at 99% and I have left this PS3 on for hours to see if it would go thru and still nothing. Anybody else having this problem

+ christheteabager on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

huge disappointment
they could at least change the play times
the only time i get to play this game is friday evening
i get home at 7 and what do i see another frickn 2GB update. I was a huge fan of MAG and was going to preorder
now im not going to
this is a huge disappointment on the companies part
they should think again before they do these garbage updates…i get that they need to do this 2GB update fine
but the thing i dont get is why they keep the game times the same, what kind of person gets on MAG that isnt during the server times
people dont know about these crappy 2 GB updates until they wait till the servers are up. This is extremely unfair and i would like to put this out that there is no way i am buying this game anymore after this horrible beta updat

+ bloody-picture on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:10 pm said:

WHY DO THERE HAVE TO BE TIME ZONES!!!
JUST HAVE SOME ONE RECORD THOSE OTHER HOURS AND REPORT THOSE ONES WHILE OTHERS WATCH THE LIVE ONES
IT WOULD BE ANNOYING IF COD ONLY HAD TIME TO PLAY ON WEEK DAYS AND NOT LATE NIGHT BECAUSE MAG IS A LONG GAME TO PLAY (AT LEAST I THINK) SO WHY IS IT ONLY OPEN ON WEEK DAYS
IT IS THE GAME THAT U ONLY HAVE TIME FOR ON WEEKENDS

+ Hobartbob on October 24th, 2009 at 8:54 am said:

MAG DOWNLOADED, ONLY TOOK 2 HOURS. SUCKAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ ompong1993 on October 24th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Is there a way that I can get a free MAG beta even though i dont pre order the game?

+ Darkeye86 on October 24th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

why can’t we play beta on weekends?

+ Starbreaker on October 24th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

EB Games in Canada knows nothing about this Beta Code giveaway … would someone please figure out what the hell is going on!!!

+ dirtywaters187 on October 24th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

i have tried the update for the last two days. it get to 99% and it just hangs there. if anybody could help me send me a message on the ps3.

+ jms240 on October 24th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

I felt the game was at a good level to make it a close match against attackers and deffenders before the update. Now with the gates only being able to defuse them on the other side makes it too easy for attackers to brake in. Also the explosives seem to be on a shorter timer. If you can check the ratio of wins for each team on attack and deffend and make them as even as you can that would be great.

+ DEATHDLR-ShoNuff on October 24th, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

Zipper, you really expect people to spend $60 on a game when you can’t even have a Twitter account or update this thread about the update server load issues? I took days to get to 99%, then it suck and I rebooted for like the 8th time, and it went down all the way to 46%! If you can’t run update servers, or even at least follow up with news about the problems, why will anyone trust you when the game comes out to support it?

Oh, and my Beta forums access got revoked too somehow even though I have the BETA tag on this account. Just to top it off!

Its my first interaction with Zipper as I never played Socoms, and its a private beta so totally understand a lot of problems, but its your level of COMMUNICATION which is pretty poor and turning off customers. Why should I ever recommend anyone to preorder it?

+ geo-bailey on October 24th, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

why do we have to pre-order in order to play the beta

+ blindballa87 on October 24th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

what is the new server hours i noticed friday it ran from 1pm till 12 pm ?? will they still be the same or longer period of times? and anyone know what is up with the really slow download speeds?

+ glody on October 24th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

Ok, guys so im stuck at 2681.17 out of 2681.67. Stuck at 99% What gives??

I tried quitting out of the download and then jumping back it. Assuming it saves what I have downloaded so far as it went from 0% to 99% in no time, but im still stuck at the numbers above….whats going on?!

+ Latina-Maffia on October 24th, 2009 at 10:23 pm said:

I really love this game I can’t wait for the full game to come out!!

I do have to say that I’m not so sure the vote/kick option was a good idea! I was really enjoying the fact that it wasn’t. As a girl I get kicked out of plenty of games for the simple fact that I’m a female and the gaming world is a “guy’s world”. I can kick some ass just as good as most guys out there and don’t want to be kicked just because of my gender!

It’s just an opinion and one that I would like considered.

Once again, Thank you so much for bringing the most Awesome Shooter game to date!!! You’ve definatley got me hooked and plan on buying 2 games the day it comes out so my husband and myself can play at the same time! You’ve made believers out of us that genius’ are out there making our gaming world one of enjoyment!!! ;o) Keep up the great work!!!

+ Latina-Maffia on October 24th, 2009 at 10:29 pm said:

P.S. ONE MORE THING…….ALLOW THE BETA TO BE PLAYED ON THE WEEKEND PLEASE!!!!

BORED OUTTA MY DAMN HEAD NOT HAVING BETA, REALLY….YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE WITHDRAWLS I’M GOING THROUGH NOT HAVING IT!!!

+ Toddler on October 25th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

I am also stuck at 2681.17 out of 2681.67 for a few days now and I still keep trying whenever I am online.

As for the VOTE/KICK IMPLEMENTATION. I don’t think it’s a good idea. With this rule anyone can be voted out or kicked out for ANY REASON at all and that’s not right. If one is to buy a game like MAG that rule should not exist. No one is to be denied to play just because someone do not want you to. NO ONE SPEND MONEY FOR NOTHING!

If the VOTE/KICK RULE stays, I will not buy the game and I will start advising my friends to NOT BUY the product. Call it a SPAM MAIL but I am ready to send plenty of these if the VOTE/KICK RULE stays.

+ thedarktangent on October 25th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

WAO THE PEOPLE THAT MADE MAG , THEY MADE A MISTAKE , BECAUSE COD MW2 ITS ABOUT TO BE OUT ,, AND MAG IS COMING ON JANUARY , IT MEANS THAT NOBODY WILL BE PAYING ATTENTINO TO THAT WACK MAG,,, SURRENDER ALREADY , COD MW2 ITS THE BEST SHOOTER GAME

+ Riptide8 on October 25th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

Vote kick does not work well with me. Im a mature gamer and I dont screw around. I find that this feature is abused. You get one guy against you and they talk the others into kicking you for no reason at all. Then you cant log on to that sever. Last time I can remember I got shot in the back and then the perp. told the other players I was team killing.The next time there was an ambush set and I didint charge into it so I got kicked after I picked one off from a cover position.

+ Ocelot562 on October 25th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Vote/kick…*shakes head in disapointment*

Thanks for caving in./sarcastic

+ sbk1 on October 25th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

is anyone from the UK beta testing???

+ extravegant on October 25th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

chill people there are time restrictions, because they want feedback quick, so they can work on server maintenance and fix bugs.. this is beta, hardly the real thing

+ guzmy on October 25th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game!!

+ guzmy on October 25th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Great game. This probably go to be close to Warhawk

+ DazeOfWar on October 25th, 2009 at 10:31 pm said:

I wish the play times would get extended. It’s a little harder for me to get on during the week with the limited hours they have. I myself have to work plus I have kids. They should add some weekend hours.

+ Herkeyboy17 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

Whats the deal with all the lag today. Also can you fix the mortar glitch for valor when defending on acquisition. If they take mortar down it is down for good. You cannot use it even if it is repaired.

+ TheHigHGuY420 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

ya this game looks sick now only if i could play it!?!?!?

+ xxWxAxNxTxExDxx on October 26th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

i can not get pn tells me still that i have to check my connection and udate my system wicth is all good but wont let me play

+ Mister_Grimm on October 27th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

I just tried logging in to the Beta Home page for MAg and everytime I click on the ACCEPT button for the agreement terms it just reloads the page. Anyone know how I can get on to the Beta website to view the forums and make comments on my experience playing the beta?

+ EatMyShrapnel on October 28th, 2009 at 3:08 am said:

I was hyped about this game as soon as it was announced at E3 2007. Plz don’t let me down Zipper!

+ DeadHero67 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

I’ve been having the same problem. I notified support, but no response yet. Can anyone help with this?

+ JohnnyRed79 on October 28th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

The game is pretty cool, although more instruction for company and squad leaders would help. half of them don’t issue frag orders or bombing orders correctly. The rockets don’t do enough damage. The update wouldn’t fully install. I had to delete the game and redownload the whole thing. Can’t figure out why SVER and raven’s assult rifles can kill in one shot while i hit them 4 to 5 times with a machine gun and get nothing. Other than those things and a bit more with the color and brightness, its pretty cool. – red

+ Dukee on October 28th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

I’ve had the beta for a week and i am yet to actually play. Everytime i join a queue i just sit in the lobby until i eventually get a message that says im unable to connect to the game server. Y do i get this every single time. Anybody???

+ Muir_IV on October 28th, 2009 at 11:24 pm said:

The DL time was atrocious. I’m newer to the PSN scene, maybe I’ve been spoiled with the Xbox Live system. But 12 hours for a download reminds me of downloading pr0n in 1998, with dial-up.
I was able to get into one game before the beta hours were up today, and I have to say, pleased so far. MAG really conveys the hectic war environment well. It’s gonna be a good game, I just hope I can work out the network on this thing so it doesnt sign me out every 30 minutes.

+ Muir_IV on October 28th, 2009 at 11:27 pm said:

BTW, vote/kick, good idea. also P2T is excellent, the last thing i want is that 14 year old blaring 50 cent in my ear right when i get into the match, and if he’s playing music or screaming, i can kick him. Sure some will abuse it, but I think the people worried the most are the trolls.

sorry about the double post.