GTAV PS4

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – First Episode on PSN Today

Neil Druckmann's Avatar + Posted by Neil Druckmann on Oct 22, 2009 // Creative Director, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

I hope everyone’s digging UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. It’s awesome that so many of you are already playing through the single player campaign for the second time, or even multiple times. For all of you wanting more Nathan Drake, you’re in luck – hitting the PSN today is UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – a four episode Motion Comic – it’s an original prequel story to UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune. We’ve been working on this baby for the past year and it’s been brutal not being able to talk about it.

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra

For those unfamiliar with them, a Motion Comic is essentially an animated comic book – you watch it like a movie. Characters move, there’s some 3D effects, and cool panel transitions. Expect some of your favorite characters and voice-actors from the UNCHARTED universe to show up throughout the story. Other than Nolan North reprising his role as Nathan Drake, I can’t announce who else shows up in the story as that’ll spoil some of the fun.

We’re launching the first episode for free to whet your appetite and the rest of the episodes will come out in November. Be on the lookout for an upcoming announcement about an awesome pack-in that we’ll include with future episodes.

Alright, enough out of me, go download the first episode and see what Drake was up to a few months before he used Elena to raise the coffin of Sir Francis Drake.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ mrdeadhead on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

hey! kool-aid!

+ lukeike on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

hahah! this looks kinda cool!

+ len1978 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

nice

+ Paznos on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Sweet! Can’t wait to see these. Love the game, currently on my 2nd playthrough now on Crushing!!

+ playnation on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Awesome! how much will the rest of the episodes be? Also how long are the comics?

+ Patriotbball5460 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

AWESOME!

+ mahunoy on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Nice. I love you Naughty Dog.

+ Happy_Spud on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Haven’t played any of the games, but I will have to check it out!

+ FE_RR on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

i want them all!!…, one thing:
when i press square at the in-game store to check for drake’s fortune save-games/trophies it’s say’s me that there’s no drake’s fortune’s trophies on my system…i got them all except for the platinum and the crushing dificulty and a save game with multiples finishes, note that i still doesn’t finished among thieves

+ Tramain1987 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Any news when this is coming to Europe?

Neil Druckmann's Avatar

+ Neil Druckmann on October 22nd, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

It\’s not quite ready for the European store, but we\’re working hard to get it to you guys ASAP.

+ xaos on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

“before he used Elena to raise the coffin of Sir Francis Drake.”

That sounds kind of creepy :P But I’ll check this out after work today. Need moar Nathan Drake!

+ KSPRAYDAD on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

To bad it doesn’t run on the PSP…you know…to whet my appetite for the prequel Uncharted that is coming to my handheld.

Right?

+ reson8er on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Looking to go back and get my Platinum (Crushing) this weekend, and then I’ll do another playthrough on Very Easy just to make it as cinematic an experience as possible

Motion comic is a great idea, please make it reasonably priced, this holiday season has been exceptionally cruel to my wallet, lol.

I can’t get enough of the Uncharted ‘verse. Bring. it. on. :D

+ Caudill on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Awesome. Definitely downloading this!

Now if only I didn’t have to wait another 3-4 hours for the store to update so I could :(

+ Tramain1987 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Any news on a European release?

+ Karsghul on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

cool, looking forward to it.

BTW, thanks ND for such an amazing game! I should start my crushing run soon, but i’ve notice the game has frozen on me @chapter 25…twice! what’s up with that?

+ JaKhris on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Nice, I’d like to see this on the European Store. :)

+ Lanod35 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

is it free?

+ mahunoy on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Good job guys… keep ‘em coming. BTW, here’s my growing Uncharted stuff collections.

I wish we could buy FHE!

+ beanman101283 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Wait.. so we have to pay for later episodes?

+ roseofmayix on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Why not just make an anime series instead? Motion comics look so cheap and lame.

+ evildude683 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

OH man chloe is a babe!!!

Anyway how much are this “Motion Comics” gonna cost?

+ donwhann on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

looks good but is it for UK as well or do we have to wait untill 2011 for them……..

+ tdh004 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Do we have a price point for the future episodes? Will these be available for the PSP Comic service?

Neil Druckmann's Avatar

+ Neil Druckmann on October 22nd, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

We\’re going to offer a package of the three remaining episodes for $2.50 (this\’ll include the three episodes and the pack-in I mention in the post.)

We\’ll also let you buy the episodes individually as well.

As for the PSP… let me look into that.

+ VofEscaflowne on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Very awesome :) This is available for Canadians, right? Anything related to television or movies usually is not available to us but this is an exception… right? :p Hopefully it is because I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Love the Uncharted series!

+ poodude on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

Looks great! I assume the other three episodes will cost money, but that doesn’t really matter when one is a hardcore Naughty Dog fan. Also is this up now, or will it show up when the PS Store is updated tonight?

+ roseofmayix on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

@5 I’m hearing episodes will be 2.49.

ouch.

+ Edd on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

I would have been interested in this but the artwork isn’t up to snuff IMO. The characters look nothing like their video game counterparts, and when you put in distinct uncharted voice acting and music with artwork that really doesn’t give an accurate representation of the source material (it’s also a little sterile and lacks detail) it’s very jarring and unpleasant. It’s awesome to see this type of stuff though (resistance comics please!) just this one to me wasn’t up to snuff.

+ Amherst_Wind on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Pack-in huh? I smell multiplayer skins and/or golden weapons :)

+ Cjdamon042 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

I like this idea, it’s nice to know what happens outside of the games :)

And is it me or does the Nathan in that picture look more like his voice actor Nolan than himself? lol

+ dragonmagician on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

Hope it isn’t too expensive. And I hope it gets packed in with dynamic themes, since those costs money as well, I can at least justify the purchase.

+ ATOMS11 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Outstanding job !

+ Pesico on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

I’m really looking forward to this! Can’t get enough of the Uncharted franchise.

+ depward on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

Wait – this doesn’t run on the PSP? Only the PS3? Darn. I mean, I’ll still watch… but it would be sexy to watch this on my PSP :)

+ BigBoss712 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

Sounds great i will download it, loving the game.

+ AceBeeDee on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

neat! hope to see alot of motion comics based on my favorite games

+ Thwip on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

Nice! Looking forward to read…err…watching episode 1 later today – FREE!

Don’t gouge us too heavily on the subsequent episodes. :-)

+ Ftwrthtx on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

I’m looking forward to this. Free is a definite plus. Thanks!

+ TuxBobble on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

What kind of format will this be?

Will I only be able to use it on PS3, or can I take it on the go with my…Go? I know there are a lot of digital comig features coming to the PSP in the future, just wondering if we’d be able to do that here. Won’t have access to my PS3 all weekend, and the PSN update keeps getting later and later…

+ Ti_dus on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Every game from Naughty Dog was a reason for me to buy next Sony console (Crash, Jak, Uncharted). I love you, guys :D Keep expanding Uncharted universe. I beat U1 10 times and U2 already 3 times ;) And please release Jak Collection on BD with trophies :)

+ daffycare on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

will this be coming to the eu store because i dont want to miss out on this as uncharted is my fav ps3 game so far,please say yes.

+ Miles514 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

i will be sure to watch this tomorrow!

+ BabeBro on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

I will be downloading this tonight, and one suggestion:

Can you guys allow us to play as the Single Player skins in the online multiplayer? I’d like to play as Jeff, Elena’s camera man, in online matches.

I also would like to be able to choose who to play in online Co-Op matches too.

+ Scodo_Thope on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

I was not sure I would enjoy the motion comic, but then I ran across this:

and this:

Now I am a MC fan and I have been in “Drake Mode” for weeks now.

I just can’t seem to get enough!

+ Zookey on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

Awesome!

+ mister1337 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:45 pm said:

Would rather Dissidia on PSN

+ roseofmayix on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

@41. The Cameraman is available as a skin. You just have to unlock it. -_- Sucks, I know. I hate that the offline skins arent the same as the online and cant be used on an offline. (I want to be bloody beat up Drake!)

+ TheGuardianFID on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Sweet, I was waiting for these ever since they were announced!!! ND you guys did a magnificent job on the game, it is a MASTERPIECE, congrats on all of your success!!! :D

+ drdre74 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

you guys should have let me know you were doing this. I could have sent my portfolio and did the art work for this. I’m a big fan and I got drawing skills.

+ Shadow-Man_4 on October 22nd, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Thanks sony for getting this for FREE! :)

PAGE 1 2 3 4