Spider-Man PS4

Oct 22

Oct 22

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – First Episode on PSN Today

Neil Druckmann's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

I hope everyone’s digging UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. It’s awesome that so many of you are already playing through the single player campaign for the second time, or even multiple times. For all of you wanting more Nathan Drake, you’re in luck – hitting the PSN today is UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – a four episode Motion Comic – it’s an original prequel story to UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune. We’ve been working on this baby for the past year and it’s been brutal not being able to talk about it.

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra

For those unfamiliar with them, a Motion Comic is essentially an animated comic book – you watch it like a movie. Characters move, there’s some 3D effects, and cool panel transitions. Expect some of your favorite characters and voice-actors from the UNCHARTED universe to show up throughout the story. Other than Nolan North reprising his role as Nathan Drake, I can’t announce who else shows up in the story as that’ll spoil some of the fun.

We’re launching the first episode for free to whet your appetite and the rest of the episodes will come out in November. Be on the lookout for an upcoming announcement about an awesome pack-in that we’ll include with future episodes.

Alright, enough out of me, go download the first episode and see what Drake was up to a few months before he used Elena to raise the coffin of Sir Francis Drake.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

ExcelKnight said:

October 23rd, 2:48 am

As a Canadian owner, I can’t help but feel this Eye of Indra thing is a mix up. I’m giving SCEA one chance to fix this.

Then again, all Canadian users complaining about this thing being on the Video Store are dead wrong: I’ve seen people connected to the regular PlayStation Store in order to download it. That’s what leads me to believe this is a mistake.

Then again, perhaps it’s not on the Canadian store because the video is full of US ads? If that’s the case, then I really don’t care and want to see this thing on the Canadian store!

OmegaSpartan08 said:

October 23rd, 4:43 am

i don’t condone these actions but you can watch the Eye of Indra on YouTube and i’m pretty sure the rest will be up there eventually, too. so for those Canadians who cannot wait, go to YouTube!

Ecks said:

October 23rd, 5:41 am

I am also Canadian, and looked a few times for it until deciding to look here to see what was up.

They e-mailed me a promo code for the first episode of Vampire Diaries once too, and that didn’t work since I’m in Canada… (not that I cared about that!)

I didn’t see anyone complaining about us not getting that Hot Pockets theme! :)

NekuDincht said:

October 23rd, 6:10 am

Hey! is the Mexican Store getting this uncharted stuff… and whta about the video store? I have both, Canadian and Mexican accounts, and none of ´em have this stuff… will i ever be able to get Uncharted motion comic? Neil, could you make this comic hit the Mexican Playstation Store?

ColdZxaos said:

October 23rd, 6:42 am

Any word on when this will be arriving on the Canadian store? Looking forward to seeing this, definitely plan on purchasing the later episodes.

Neil Druckmann's Avatar

Neil Druckmann said:

October 23rd, 11:21 am

I\’m looking into Canada right now. I\’ll be back soon and let you know what\’s going on. Sorry for the delay.

lonewolf1994 said:

October 23rd, 7:41 am

as usual US gets it 1st WEEEEEEEEEE

mcbuttz78 said:

October 23rd, 8:35 am

motion comic huh. kool . who does the art work for this and is this part of dc comics or is this in house all by the people who make drake games?. If it is made with dc comics will it be possibel to make a new 1 with dc characters like deathstroke in it, that would be kool to see drake vs deathstroke etc etc.. if not could you guys try that make it happen. high profile hit man vs drake, = EPic!!!

anotherdae said:

October 23rd, 9:06 am

Isn’t this the US Playstation blog? Maybe Canada should have their own like Australia and the UK. Less complaining please!

TheWrenchNinja said:

October 23rd, 10:42 am

No slip cover for Uncharted 2, Canadians can’t enter your contests, no Eye of Indra either…that’s just peachy Naughty Dog and Sony.

dragonmagician said:

October 23rd, 10:55 am

Probably not going to get an answer, but I’ll try anyway.

Do you think it is appropriate for users like me who cannot download this to watch it online streaming sites, since this episode is free? I’m a fan of the Uncharted story, and I would hate to miss a part of the story just because I live north of USA.

Stuffgamer1 said:

October 23rd, 12:36 pm

Pretty cool video, but the experience was horribly marred by the all the ads. PLEASE tell me the paid episodes won’t have all that crap in them! For that matter, if you release a paid version of this episode sans ads, I’ll gladly buy it!

darthmilo77 said:

October 23rd, 3:30 pm

Are the 4Runner ads canon?

KahWeng1964 said:

October 23rd, 9:22 pm

Awesome, I can’t stop think about uncharted 2

dragonpryde said:

October 24th, 1:50 am

I’m excited to hopefully download and purchase this in Canada. I can’t get enough Uncharted! Thanks for looking into this Neil.

vennice said:

October 24th, 6:41 pm

awesome!

John_Oval said:

October 24th, 7:48 pm

Why cant we get this in Canada?

DarthVonDoom said:

October 25th, 5:06 pm

It’s awfully long before we get our answer. What did he do? Write a letter?

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

October 26th, 1:49 am

Maybe he forgot about us. We’re Canada, after all.

Neil Druckmann's Avatar

Neil Druckmann said:

October 26th, 11:22 am

I haven\’t forgotten about you guys. I\’m still waiting on the answer myself. I hope to get you some news today!

Zilas said:

October 26th, 5:29 am

So we going to get this in Canada?
We don’t like money?
Come on guys tell us something.

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

October 26th, 12:02 pm

Thanks for trying to find out, Neil.

Neil Druckmann's Avatar

Neil Druckmann said:

October 26th, 2:14 pm

Alright, UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra episode one will be available this Thursday on the Canadian store. From this point on, the chapters should show up at the same time for the US and Canadian stores. Sorry again for the delay, guys.

Lawr- said:

October 26th, 2:55 pm

Neil, thanks for checking and posting replies. Good to hear the show’ll be up for us at the same time – thanks to you and the guys who make this happen – I *like* giving you guys money!

dragonpryde said:

October 26th, 2:58 pm

Thank you!!!

Akker-Man said:

October 26th, 5:11 pm

naughtydog you ROCK! need more Drake, thanx for the free-bee… dont make the other expencive please!

ColdZxaos said:

October 27th, 6:24 am

Thank you very much, Neil! Looking forward to it! :)

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

October 27th, 12:30 pm

Great news, thanks Neil!

DoctorJJ said:

October 27th, 2:47 pm

Awesome news! Thanks Neil!

croakercrunch said: