PS4-The Order

Dragon Age: Origins Live Chat with Bioware Today

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 23, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

It’s an exciting day here at PlayStation.Blog – we’re reaching across the pond and joining PlayStation.Blog.Europe for their very first live chat. We will have two of Bioware’s co-founders, Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuck, to discuss their upcoming medieval RPG, Dragon Age: Origins.

The live Q&A will be taking place here at 11:00 am PST (7:00 pm BST), so be sure to have your questions ready! This live chat will be moderated by Jem Alexander from sunny England, so if you see any extraneous letter U’s floating around – don’t worry. You’re still in America, land of the free.

PAGE 1 2

+ ike9934 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Better not be a Dragon Age themed PS Home space….

+ LokeSTL on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

@ike9934

Yeah, lets hope not. Hoping for some free exclusive DLC. I’m interested in this game, but I’ll probably hold off for a COMPLETE EDITION. I refuse to pay more than $60 for a game and don’t like to miss out on content. I’ll probably end up getting it anyway, it’s on my Christmas wish list. But some/all expansion(s) given for free as a pre-order bonus might convince me to purchase on release…

+ StuntF50 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

I wonder what their exciting announcement is! :-)

+ Tuffcub on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Hey, we invented the language matey, it’s you guys who removed the U’s and changed S’s to Z’s.

And we didn’t want that damn Tea anyway.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

Admit it – you cried over the loss of that tea.

+ ike9934 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Exclusive DLC would be nice, but keyboard and mouse support would be better… especially if the game can hold it’s own with the 360 version.

+ lcmnick on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Sunny? It’s pouring with rain :P

+ DeadlyAnGeL91792 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

so what time is this in EST???? anyone?

+ mcbuttz78 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

i have alot of questions for the game as well as ideas for the game and future games=

+ Tridon on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

I’m from Canada so bring on all the extraneous letter U’s! =)

I’m quite excited to find out what the “big” news is. I’m not a huge RPG fan but the more I see of this game, the more ecstatic I become. The entire atmosphere of this Dragon Age world intrigues the hell out of me!

Oh, and just for the sake of saying I did so, allow me to type the word “coloUR”. =P

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

@2LokeSTL
That why there is PC’s :)
If I am spend $65 on a game and is missing out on contents (special armors and other items) that the other guy (PC and Xbox 360 owners) are getting, then I am just going to pirate it. I was excited for this game until I found out that I am getting less content than the other guys even though I am paying the same amount as them. If we PS3 owners are not getting the same amount of contents on the disk as the other guys, then reduce the price of the PS3 version. This is no way to treat a section of your user base that will be purchasing this game.
It is tactic like this, that makes me hold back on multiplatform games because refuse to pay the same as them, but getting less content.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Are Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 coming out on PS3?

+ MAGNUM-RAM on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

I have the same principle.
If my ps3 version of a game has less content & quality than other versions on my bluray disc which holds almost 50gb of space, I pirate it or buy it used from Gamestop & I don’t buy any of the DLC.

Thanks for trying but with PS3 I have options & standards. Your company gets my middlefinger.
I know you can respect that.

I’m from new York city. If my money & my systems technology is too much for you then get lost. See ya! Wouldn’t want to be ya!

+ dragonmagician on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Did I hear something about a big announcement?

+ Kchow23 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Kinda random, but Jeff do you watch HIMYM?

+ convergecrew on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Im sure Dragon Age is great, as Ill be picking it up, but I really want to know about the ME2 on PS3 thing.

+ niall077 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Keyboard and mouse support?

Dragon age seems like a game that would be better with it and bioware seems like the dev nerdy enough to put it in the game.

+ NightHawk17 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

2 pm est. Darn i wont be here got to go to the doctor.

Jeff can you ask them how will the endgame workout? will we be able to start a new game+ with our completed character?

+ pelagato24 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

hey bioware I want to play Mass Effect on my ps3 :.(

+ MAGNUM-RAM on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

In fact let’s take a look at what’s happening with god of war 1 & 2. Yeah that’s right, 2 very long games on 1 bluray.

Explain why mass effect 1 & 2 can’t?
Oh & if you do release 1 & 2 on the same disc or have mass effect 1 on psn, please get rid of the glitches thank you.

Something tells me bioware isn’t competant enough to handle this because the work doesn’t stop with just 2 games. We playstation gamers want a homespace & a psp version of a game.
Why settle ? Tell your publishers a real reason you have to delay your games. You’ve still got work to do.

+ mafecto on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Isn’t Dragon Age coming later on PS3, after it’s initial 360 release? Thought so…

+ ironcreed on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

You guys might want to check Gamestop’s page. They are now listing the PS3 version as shipping on 11/02/09

+ Sigmakan on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

I’m gunna flip out if I see any S’s where there are supposed to be Z’s. I work at a company that has a sister company in the UK . . . so I see enough of that already haha

+ Kchow23 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Please don’t let it be a Home space, and if thats the big announcement at least let it be awesome

+ Cheddare on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

IS this gonna be like the uncharted 2 live chat where people ask questions about pictures of cats instead of questions about gameplay/mechanics?

Just curious before I waste my time and have the person moderating the chat only let the most ridiculous of questions through.

@19 they already came out and said that was mis-information and Mass Effect 1 & 2 WILL NOT BE COMING TO Ps3.I don’t see why you would want it the game looks like crap even on my semi-high-end PC.

+ AlphaTribe2007 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

I keep getting a Java Script error and cannot view the Q&A. Please help…

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

OMG the game is coming day-and-day with the PC and Xbox 360 version. What a BIG announcement. OMG…..Do I really need to buy sarcasm?

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

So the big announcement is the release date? WOW :(

+ mafecto on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

Yawn.

(goes back to playing Demon’s Souls)

+ mixedkidbx on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

live chats are always good :)

+ Korbei83 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

Don’t make us get all metric on you yanks. Was there a topic of this post or is it just about pointing out cultural differences?

+ ike9934 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Wow, those last three questions were ridiculous and undeserving of being posed. This announcement is lame, I’m keeping my 360 pre-order, I’m out.

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Mark Darrah said: “We are really happy with the results on the PS3. It was our first experience and we were really impressed with the power of the machine. I think fans will love the end result!”

Have we not heard that for every multiplaform games in the past? How did 95% of those games turn out?

+ MAGNUM-RAM on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

Mass effect is pretty ugly but this 3rd party exclusivity is nonsence. Mass effect has a story that needs to be told on the other hand.

That game became critically acclaimed by the American media & got a pass with all it’s problems. I played mass effect. It’s good game with a great story & the glitches, graphics, gameplay, fighting weighed it down to average.

Mass effect has so much exposure while greater games such as demons souls do not from the American media. Ps3 games get no help from America. Just scrutinization. Which is why dragons age comes to ps3 with parameters of not being everything it could be to please me.

It’s like Im smoking medical marijuana from Sony & bioware comes along to try & sell me some dirt weed with sticks, seeds & some roach spray in a smaller baggy for more money.

Jeff rubenstein knows what I’m saying, hee hee.
I’m so grateful to speak directly to the devs. It’s a incredible feeling to be heard. Thanks blog!

Message sent from my iphone.

+ Sindred on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Why is this game coming out 2 weeks later on PS3?

+ niall077 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

ohh. dragon age ps3 should have Mod support.

maybe thats the “special announcment” people where hearing about.

nah it will be some waste of time like a HOME space.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

The big announcement is the release date not being delayed? Wow, what an announcement…..bleh.

Even the iphone got a ME game, we want ME 1 and 2 on PS3 and a ME spin off on PSP.

+ ThousandShade on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

Can Canadians not engage in live chat either? Not a single one of my questions has been posted. I asked if they host any community days or showcases the public can attend if they live in the area. I also asked about the Blood Dragon armor. My questions were not posted, but someone else asked about the blood dragon armor and there’s was posted (after I tried 3 times).

+ CaptBurn on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

It seems they are screening questions concerning the content differences between platforms and such.

Figures.

Maybe they just haven’t gotten to them yet… Let’s hope.

+ DMPrince on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

about Custom Soundtrack – no custom soundtrack for ps3 because you want us to enjoy the game’s audio and soundtrack? Bet 360 has no problem with custom soundtrack <3

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

@33 MAGNUM-RAM
That because it multiplatform. The media refuse to let any kind of glitch pass on a PS3 exclusive, but give pass to Xbox 360 exclusive and multiplatform games. Mass Effect and Bioshock both got free pass when it came to multiplayer, but Uncharted 1 got hammered by the media because it lack multiplayer.

+ ICEBOY101 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

I have two questions.
(1) Can player always see the subtitles on the screen?
(2) When’s release at Japan?
Dragon Age is the greatest RPG(^^)/

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

@39 DMPrince
You got to love these developers. Why can’t they come out and tell the truth rather than this usual BS

+ Enigma777 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

I hate these chats. It’s nothing more than a PR move. You can’t really ask any hard-hitting questions like why there is launch-day DLC…

Instead you get stupid ones like “OMG, this game rox” or “I don’t know anything about this game. Can you waste everyone’s time and explain it to me because I don’t know how to use google?”

+ Destiny89 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Ahhh my comments never go through.. i just would like to know if we ps3 owners will be getting ME2 or not -_-

+ ThousandShade on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

So apparently I can’t actually live chat because I’m in Canada as well? I live 1/2 hour away from the main base of Bioware (Edmonton, AB) and I can’t chat with them. I asked about the Blood Dragon armor 3 times – my question wasn’t posted. Someone else then asked and my question was answered. I tried asking if they have community days or showcases for fans that live in the area. My question wasn’t posted. This is really beginning to wear on my nerves. I will just have to phone or email them directly, I guess. Sony, please hear us… it’s getting hard to deal with these situations where we’re left out.

+ DMPrince on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

@Destiny.
Probably no ME2. but hey. you can unlock the Blood dragon armor for the 360/PC Version!

@BloodyCow – Probably think we don’t own 360s to know about the feature!

+ mafecto on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

SUMMARY OF LIVE CHAT:

“Please buy our game. That is all.”

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

@43 Enigma777
QFT
That fact that there is payed DLC on the day the game comes out is a huge rip off. Why couldn’t these content be on the disk? I don’t buy games that pull this BS because the are removing content from the game and release it as DLC to rip people off. The sad thing is, that people are going to support this BS.

+ Savuel_San on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

This is such a scam. They’re only answering generic questions that have been answered 1000 times already. If there’s a question about a feature that’s not so popular then they’re not displaying it.

Way to go Bioware!

+ StuntF50 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

Ugh. I exited. I can’t get one damn question answered. Instead, praises for BioWare get approved instead of my question (not that they’re bad, it’s just this is a live chat about answering questions).

My question was regarding hard-drive installs, if there is one, how big it will be.

I really think these things are fixed. A lot of the names that are being answered are so common.

PAGE 1 2