PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Fat Princess: Demo & Patch 1.03 & New Pork Map is FREE…Oh My!

Craig Leigh's Avatar + Posted by Craig Leigh on Oct 23, 2009 // Creative Director, Titan Studios

Calling all Fat Princess fans!

Citymap wallpaper

Today is a great day indeed. Your faithful developers at Titan Studios and team at Sony Santa Monica Studio are extremely happy to announce that after careful thought and great labor, Patch 1.03 is complete and ready for imminent release.

Patch 1.03 contains the awesome New Pork city level, and due to the amazing support we have received from the community, we have decided to release the map for free! Yes you heard us right, for free!

Fat Princess DLC CITY

Just as important, we have implemented many fixes and tweaks to make the game better than ever. The Fat Princess demo will also go live with the release of 1.03, so everyone who has been dying to try out the game can finally check it out. Huzzah, cake and candy confetti (see below, if you please) for everyone!

1.03 Patch Notes

After playing innumerable games, reading the forums and piles of email, and reviewing all the great feedback we received from you, the fans, we have made a variety of tweaks to the gameplay balance and systems to ensure the game stays fair, fresh and as fun as ever.

Here is a full breakdown of all the changes that can be found in the upcoming patch:

New Map

• A brand new awesome city map has been added called New Pork…and it’s free!

Game System Tweaks

• The host’s ability to kick and ban players has been removed.
  • The ability for players to switch teams post-game is now restricted so that sides cannot be unbalanced by more than 2 players.
  • A new switching team system has been implemented during matches:
  • * If there is a deficit of 2 players between teams, the weaker team will drop a team colored ball on the death of a player.
    * Picking up the colored ball switches a player’s team and rewards them with a 300 point bonus.
    * So…get the ball.

• The 10 game average ranking system has been removed.
  • A new ranking system has been implemented, which adds rank points for every game based on the player’s score.
  • Awarded ranking titles will now never go down once earned.
  • Online leaderboards have been increased to display all players not just the top 1000.
  • All online leaderboards are to be reset shortly after patch 1.03 is released, but all unlocked customizations and trophies will remain unlocked. You will not lose them.

Main Bug Fixes

• The Princess disappearing bug has been fixed.
  • The issue with statistics and trophies not saving correctly has been fixed.

Character Balancing

• The Dark Priest’s lock-on range has been reduced.
  • The Dark Priest’s drain ability has been slightly reduced.
  • The Ranger now has larger movement penalty when locked on and charging attacks.
  • The Adv. Ranger has a smaller shot dispersion and increased damage per shot.
  • The Warrior’s attack damage has been increased slightly.
  • The Warrior’s movement speed has been increased slightly when locked on and charging attacks.
  • The Warrior’s 360 degree protect when his shield is raised has been increased from 20% to 40%
  • Warrior’s Lock on range increased to match Ranger to stop class being hit from behind when retreating
  • Warriors weapon collision box increased in size to aid with hit detection
  • Adv Warrior speed increased slightly when locked on and charging to match his normal movement speed
  • Adv Warrior damage increased
  • Adv Worker’s bomb knockback force removed
  • Princess calorie burn decreased slightly in weight state 3 and 4

Control Tweaks

• Two new control schemes have been implemented to allow players to use the R1 button to attack and to free the player’s right hand for target switching. This is AWESOME.

Scoring Updates

• New switching team bonus added of 300 points.
  • Princess rescue score increased to 300 points.
  • Princess rescue assistance bonus increased to 150 points.
  • Princess escort bonus increased to 75 points.
  • Win game scoring reduced to 150 points.
  • Match completion bonus added of 75 points.
  • Average Rank bonus award removed for games won under 3 minutes.
  • Bonus score for winning games in under 3 minutes removed.

Additional Tweaks

• Candy confetti added as a special effect when blood is turned off. Check this out – it is really cool.
  • All loading screens now in color.
  • Loading screens now allow players to scroll to next and previous tips during the load.

We look forward to slaughtering you – ahem, seeing you – on the battlefield!

Cake for everyone,

The Fat Princess Team

+ PSN_Tokeio on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Woohoooooooo! Looking forward to playing with cake on the PSP too!

+ ADR143 on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

yes cake goodness!

+ Neil on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

I got hooked when this game came out. I’ll have to fire this game up again.

+ Azure-Edge on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

Amazing, I love this game. Any idea when we might see the patch?

Craig Leigh's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

The 1.03 Patch with New Pork will be released next Thursday, 10/29

+ Edd on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

hahaha candy confetti that’s genius. Thanks for the new map too, that’s really cool,

+ Korbei83 on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

As soon as the boards are wiped, I’ll be jumping back into Fat Princess for sure. All the tweaks sound good too.

Looking forward to the update.

+ sNsKid on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

that’s a massive patch. lol

+ lukeike on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

cool!! any word on the new characters? (chef, king, pirate, and ninja?)

+ Poacher619 on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Free is great. Best update to game I have ever seen.

+ BigRon3400 on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

Thanks Titan. I needed a reason to get back into this game.

+ bbd23 on October 23rd, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

Will be loading up fat princess for the first time in weeks. You guys are awesome.

+ DoomnY on October 23rd, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

15$ still too expensive.

+ jashwin on October 23rd, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

how much time is it gonna take???is it gonna take another 3 weeks???

Craig Leigh's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

The 1.03 Patch with New Pork will be released next Thursday, 10/29

+ TheSorrow_101 on October 23rd, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Wow I have a huge amount of respect for you now since your making the DLC Free.
Not many Developers would do this so thanks !

+ Psub_Xero on October 23rd, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

Awesome I can’t wait to see candy blood

+ DeuceCam on October 23rd, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Is there going to be a demo on psn? The title of this article includes the word “demo,” but the article itself mentions nothing of it. I’d love to give this game a try but I’m not going to fork out $15 to do so.

+ SPOOKULA209 on October 23rd, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

There has been so many other games to play lately that I have not been playing this but I jumped on today and the game is still really fun. I will check it out again when the new patch comes out.

+ starBlinky01 on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

wow man. free!? I wasnt expecting that. Really really good job guys, but I wish this game didnt lag so much with my router.. its funny though since its the ONLY game that lags, I actually havent yet tried a direct hook up to the modem-ps3.

I would actually play this game if it didnt lag so much for me :(

I still get the red turtle.

Every single other PS3 game online does not lag for me and I have over 20 games most have online.

+ CWallace on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

You do realize how evil this was posting this info. BEFORE it is available? I was pumped up for an evening in New Pork to no avail….

Will we have to wait until Thursday for this?

+ GooniesAndy on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

I’m pretty sure patches can come out at any time, not only with Thursday updates. Didn’t the first patch come out on a Friday?

Craig Leigh's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

The 1.03 Patch with New Pork will be released next Thursday, 10/29

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

great, finally a demo

+ DZORMAGEN on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

GUYS!!! STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION!!!! THE PATCH WILL BE OUT NEXT ON THURSDAY 10/29!!

BUY THIS GAME!!!!

+ GooniesAndy on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

Bummed out, but thanks for the info! It’s nice to know exactly when this will be out. You guys should change the post to have the date in the title – “today is a great day” and “imminent” sound like it’s coming out any second. ;) Can’t wait to see everything, and VERY excited about the team balancing and R1 action button. Thanks!

+ rjejr on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

Very much looking forward to the demo, thanks.

+ blackgreensoul on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

Will we get this game on the psp? It looks like fun, but I don’t own a ps3 yet.

+ Blkant on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

Awesome

+ Yoinazek on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

Did you guys work on the latency?

+ CloudStorm87 on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Oh my indeed!! This is the stuff of dreams!

First of all, let me thank you profusely for giving away New Pork for free. This is a great gesture to the Fat Princess community and I’m sure it will encourage a lot of players to get back to this amazing game.

But I’d probably say I’m even more excited for the new patch. I’ve been waiting so long for you guys to address the severe balancing issues in this game, and to add a proper ranking system – and I’m really glad that finally you’ve listened.

I really can’t wait New Pork and patch 1.03 to come out so I can start playing Fat Princess again! THANK YOU!

+ VixDiesel on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

No open mic yet? Ugh.

+ StewieG45 on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

yo whatup

+ StewieG45 on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

lol you are all trolls

+ StewieG45 on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

xbox will rule forever, fat princess sux

+ StewieG45 on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

go XBOX 360 fat prince sux

+ Oshiee on October 23rd, 2009 at 7:45 pm said:

so how will we be able to kick/ban people? There’s always one d-bag who decides to steal their own team’s princess and drag it to the other side or blow up bombs in their own base. There needs to be a way to ban those players.

+ Trioptical on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

Hmm, shouldn’t have said “imminent release.” The Blog has had such a good record with those words…. Well, a week isn’t too long. Can’t wait.

+ Cregan4584 on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

Ken Chan left seven comments, all almost identical. But I, like many others, am totally lost on when the update goes live. Ken, when will this update be available?

+ Athapy on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

You should all learn to read. The 1.03 Patch with New Pork will be released next Thursday, 10/29. Stop asking.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:46 pm said:

Ken Chan seems like he just learned to use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

+ big-gunns on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:04 pm said:

Yes! This patch really helps out Fat Princess out A LOT. I will definitely be going back to playing it. Thanks Titan & Santa Monica. You guys are great! (:

+ Janged on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:10 pm said:

man this is going to be awesome cant wait for thursday. if you are one of those people complaining about $15 being to much you crazy its totally worth it and the giving you an extra map for FREE. now the only other thing i need is to have an extra set of hands to eat cake while playing

+ Ryuuchi10 on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:46 pm said:

Thanks for the update and free map.

+ Viprdude on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:16 pm said:

Thank you for the FREE DLC! You can keep this game alive by committing acts such as these.

Thank you very much.

+ Vanquish23 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:38 pm said:

This is a very solid update, and something that will encourage me to return to playing the Fat Princess game. keep it up. I hope the sales are rolling in for this title.

+ VivaGardner on October 24th, 2009 at 12:38 am said:

Why don’t you just add “The 1.03 Patch with New Pork will be released next Thursday, 10/29″ to the article so people know?

+ PK-Deviluke25 on October 24th, 2009 at 4:16 am said:

Thanks titan studios you’re da best now its time to eat some cake

+ th4nGthO_241 on October 24th, 2009 at 4:37 am said:

thanks, now i have purpose to play this wonderful game longer…

+ vipes209 on October 24th, 2009 at 4:43 am said:

getting this game

+ TailsTheCat on October 24th, 2009 at 5:17 am said:

Have they fixed the game yet? Will i be able to join my friends and actually be on their team? Does the voice chat work? This game had so much potential on paper, then they released an unfinished, broken product just like EA did with 1943. I havent played many games and will not until lazy devs fix them.

+ Ecks on October 24th, 2009 at 5:31 am said:

How about removing the lock on the save? I had to send my PS3 in for repairs, so I lost all my progress. I had unlocked every trophy but one (gladiate), so lost all my costumes, etc. :(

+ ramdomwolf on October 24th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

There are two types of people I ban.. and I think I’ve banned maybe 5 time. a) people who can’t shut up or keep it way too dirty for no reason b) sabateurs. People who bomb our own wall. I guess I can tolerate the 12 year olds by muting them but what are we supposed to do about the sabateurs if we can’t kick/report them?

I’m a little sad to hear my d. priest is getting weaker but I don’t use those skills anyway so I’m not complaining.

My main request is for rooms. If my teams want to play against another team it’s a pain in the neck because we all have to friend each other or some riggamorole. With the new switching lock I’m worried about how we’re going to get on the right teams w/o a lot of one at a time swapping or some such.

The rest of the notes look great. Looks like I’ll finally be able to crack Warlord into the gender titles.