PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Eye Chat: Insomniac’s Brian Allgeier

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 23, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

We’re now just a few days away from the time when you can finally, eagerly tear open the wrapping to Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time and cram it into your PS3. October 27th will be a good day. So too say the press, as the excellent reviews of RCF: A Crack in Time continue to roll in, including a 5/5 from G4 today, as well as a 9/10 “Buy It!” from Destructoid.

Yesterday I had the privilege of talking with Insomniac‘s Brian Allgeier, Creative Director on the Ratchet and Clank series. Brian took the time to answer all manner of your questions, ranging from difficulty to side missions to the art in the instruction booklet, along with video to back it up.

If you’re planning on attending this morning’s Insomniac Community Day #2 in Burbank, CA – here’s the info.

PROTIP: get there early.

38 Comments

+ OmegaSpartan08 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

cool!

+ Sindred on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

Played the Clank demo last night. The new Time and “Future Self and Me” puzzles are brilliant and a blast to play. Can’t wait for next week.

+ mister1337 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

Would rather hear from someone who can make dissidia appear on PSN

+ mcbuttz78 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:11 am said:

top top comments whoooo baby… i have a very good question jeff, how many hours of interview do get and who’s you r make up artist t here lol.. no but really how many hours our gameplay does rn c offer i never played it b4, i see the good scores and wat not, How hard is the learning curve for this game .

+ Scodo_Thope on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

Great Stuff!

Insomniac please don’t let this genre die. You are our only hope!

+ CEK111 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:16 am said:

Liking your intervies Jeff, i’ve been watching a few now.

Keep it up !

+ Fersis on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

Damn cant wait to see the end of the Future saga

+ Trieloth on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

Sorry but Destructoids opinion means NOTHING.

+ ProSoldier14 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

Yay! My question was the first one asked! I’m just glad it was asked. :)

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

PSeye chat is BACK. Why did you guys stop doing these chats? You guys should have one of these ever week.

+ Destiny89 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

Awesome!
cant wait for the game :)

+ dragonarya on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

Yep, game manuals are almost an afterthought nowadays. Nice to see the Insomniacs put in an effort. :) Definitely going to get this.

+ CEK111 on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

HOLY CRAP !

You asked my question !

Thanks Jeff !

Oh by the way, sorry Brain….Brian !

+ The_Wacker on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

This will probably be the first of this series for me I think I’ll have to get this game.

+ BlooodyCow on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:44 am said:

I will have to stop playing Uncharted 2 and Demon’s Souls when this game comes out :)

+ KazeEternal on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

I wonder if they will use the PlaySTation Wand for a future ratchet game…. Then again I’d want an analog stick on that wand before that happens.

+ TheRealZANGETSU on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

do u need two play the frist two games two play this one.Casue i have never played one b4 looks hot so i want two know!

+ WackyWeedCreed on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:49 am said:

Cool interview! Thanks!

I love the Instruction book art style XD

+ kbempoleon on October 23rd, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

This game looks really good.
Can’t wait to play it tuesday.

+ TheRealZANGETSU on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:00 am said:

…….Anyone PLZ whats the storey!?Of R&C

+ THE_LIGHT_05 on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

why is the demo for clank so massive? 2.4g…

+ TuxBobble on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Wow Jeff, thanks for pointing out that instruction manual. I’m kinda weird but I love when developers COMPLETELY put themselves into their product, from top to bottom, even the box and manual.

Honestly, that just convinces me that Insomniac really spent time with every aspect of this game creating a quality product. It makes me a lot more likely to purchase this despite having missed out on some of the series recently.

+ dan1911 on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

GIANT enemy crab.
psn profile lol Insomniac

+ dan1911 on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

GIANT enemy crab
massive demo

+ Ostriker911 on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

decent demo

question: date for ratchet demo?

+ RobRoks on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

looking good thanks once again for a good interview Jeff and Brian thanks for taking part :)

+ RuthlessEd on October 23rd, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Mister1337:

Crawl back into your hole and die already.

+ Korbei83 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Mr. Zircon is pleased. Unless he’s not in this game in which case, Mr. Zircon is most displeased.

+ Kodaime on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

WOOOO!!! Can’t wait!

+ AceNet2 on October 23rd, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

Another entertaining interview, thanks Jeff! I love the Eye chat sessions, great way to show off some of the features of the Black Beast.

Oh and I can’t wait for R&C:ACiT!! Absolutely loved the last 2 installments and I’m curious to see how it all ends. But please don’t let this be the last R&C game! Thanks Insomniac, you guys rule!

+ Brapp347 on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

sony is using they’re own system to do an interview… that’s badass

+ PullusPardusUS on October 23rd, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

yay, he answered my ….overquestioned question :-D
everyone was wondering about it.

+ Kodaime on October 23rd, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

Can’t wait for Tuesday, just finished the clank demo and loved it. I think there should be more clank fighting scenes and maybe so weapons for too.

+ rotary08 on October 23rd, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Good job guys, great interview. Looking forward to the new ratchet game.

+ TheWrenchNinja on October 23rd, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

Day 1. Day 1, I can’t have this username if I don’t get it day 1.

+ Chaos200786 on October 23rd, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

I just got home from the Insomniac Community Day! It was a blast the guys from Insomniac are top class people and as a company they are just plain awesome. We all got to enjoy a panel of people from insomniac and some of the voice actora as well as ted price himself. We all got a copy of the game which I am getting reay to play as I type. There were raffles for ps3 slims, pspgo’s and other great stuff, I myself won a dualshock 3 red controller….get this game day 1!!!!!!

+ Phinox_King2120 on October 24th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

I love the demo i have been playing it since it came out and i love it now i actually want to play as clank the reason being is that in the last games i felt like he was sort of really weak because he always had the little dogs or the zoni fight for him but now he can fight for himself which is amazing Can’t wait to get the game October 27

+ xenorevlis on October 25th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

If anyone here is getting a lot of artifacting on their 1080p+ LCD panel, force the PS3 to only run at 1080p. This will cause the game to upscale itself through the hardware and the IQ is kept from a 720p screen.

I have to do this on my computer screen, since the upscaler sucks and made the game look worse than the 60″ DLP in my living room. Love the game.

ALSO, if it the demo looks washed out LOWER THE BRIGHTNESS until things look good to you.