Uncharted 4

Coming to PSN this Week: LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on Oct 26, 2009 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Hellllloooo PlayStation Bloggers!

Have you all decided on your Halloween costumes yet?
    Have you stocked up on candy for the Trick or Treating kids in the neighborhood?
    Have you charged your wallets up in preparation for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP, available this Thursday on PSN for $14.99?

Well, thankfully you have a few more days to get ready! In this week’s blog post, we’d like to share a little more on the features, specifically multiplayer!

For the first time in Loco history, you can now race friends through levels! Via Ad Hoc, connect with up to four players and see who can get to the end first. Each player controls their own tilt and bounce action, but you can see their position on your screen so you know when you are neck and neck. To show you how this works, I challenged Kumi, my LocoRoco partner-in-crime here, to a race and we recorded it.

Many of you regular readers may recall a blog post for LocoRoco 2 when we first introduced Ad Hoc competition LocoRoco Minigame called LocoRider. Kumi and I played head to head and she ended up beating me. So this is our rematch!

(She is the pink LocoRoco on the screen, and you will see my yellow avatar, which will indicate my position on the map.)

Well folks, I have good news! (for me at least)

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Image 1

I WON! YAY!!!

Free Loco-Goodness on PSN
If you didn’t catch them last week, we put up some special FREE LocoRoco PSN items!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Theme

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Wallpaper

A LocoRoco Midnight Carnival theme and spooky wallpaper! Make sure to swing by and grab them to get into the spirit!

Catch you again soon with more Loco-goodness!

PAGE 1 2

+ twooh on October 26th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

!st to show Loco love.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

Yay! 1st! Thanks for the support!

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

Now announce LoCo RoCo PS3 :)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

I\’ll keep trying! :-)

+ xeno3d on October 26th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

LocoRoco is awesome. Looking forward to this

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Me too!!!

+ lcmnick on October 26th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Helllllllllllllllloooooooooooooo

+ Jackal888 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

I am excited, still have not finished Loco 2. Loco Roco is perfect for PSP.How else can I play on the train on the way to work?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Agreed. Times like a train commute are perfect for LocoRoco.

It makes the journey less painful, or rather, more enjoyable :-)

Good luck with LocoRoco 2, and get ready for some extra bouncin\’ with LocoRoco Midnight Carnival!

+ Enigma777 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Hey Tsubasa, how’s the WKC localization for WKC going? Are we going to see a dual audio option?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Oops, almost missed this one…

Yes, thank you.
    We\’re making progress with White Knight Chronicles. Almost over the hill!

As for the dual audio, however, we\’re sad to say no, as the lip sync has been re-configured to match English. (pls see TGS 2009 post on WKC)

I realize a lot of you asked for this, and I am bummed we couldn\’t make it happen. But we heard you, and we tried!

Stay tuned for updates on WKC.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival!

+ loxapax on October 26th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Great news, but i live in europe, and yet we don’t have a release date for locoroco midnight carnival, i hope it’s the same : this thursday in europe too !

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Hmmm… Wish I could help you…
    I can only speak to the US market.

I hope they will post something soon?

+ almighty-slayer on October 26th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

Brilliant! Can’t wait for it to come out in Europe :)

Great work LocoRoco people :)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Yes, they are a pleasure to work with. Great team!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

Thanks for the support and suggestion.
    In fact, I believe we are working on it.
    Stay tuned!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

Weird… my reply didn\’t go up…

Thanks for the support!!!
    As for the premium theme, stay tuned!

+ roseofmayix on October 26th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

I’ve never cared for multiplayer games. I’d be content if you guys kept pumping out Loco Roco games every few months.

Will definitely be getting Midnight Carnival. :D

Also Loco Roco plushie = so cute! :D

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

Thanks again for the support!

Got the plushie in Japan :-)

+ solidus0079 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

Booooo, ad-hoc. Not enough infrastructure PSP online games. :(
Does this game have other modes or features?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

Sorry about that…

We have another post later this week.
    Hopefully some of the information we share will cheer you up?

+ almighty-slayer on October 26th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

Also, well done on beating Kumi, Tsubasa ;)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Thanks!

Had to win after that embarrassing loss last time!

+ Nockaneen on October 26th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

Keep the Loco Roco’s coming. A PS3 version PLEASE!!! Watch the sales soar!!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

PS3 version request noted :-)

+ Speck22 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Instant purchase but is this download only? I’m an old school gamer who likes a tangible object…. (I like to show off all my games!)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

I\’m sorry to say, this is a PSN-only release on a global basis.

The up-side is the price point, and of course having a new edition of LocoRoco. It\’s very addicting!

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 26th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Cool! I’ll def be picking this up! I love LocoRoco but I try not to think about it too much because that theme song from the first one gets stuck in… *theme song starts playing in head* oh no…

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

Yup, the theme song really does stick!

I actually use the LocoRoco 2 theme for my cell phone. It softens the hard landing for work-related calls ;-p

+ TuxBobble on October 26th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Never played LocoRoco. But it seems like it has some great artistic appeal, both visually and aurally. I was just initiated to the PSP world 10/1 with the Go and am looking forward to this as my first Loco game ever!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

Welcome to the world of LocoRoco then!
    I\’m sure you will enjoy!

+ tony_motta on October 26th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

LocoRoco PS3? PLEEZ! Any DLC planned for Midnight Carnival? I was reading that you put on accesories to gain powers….

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

PS3 version & DLC request noted!

+ Sygoomei on October 26th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

My PS3 went YLOD 3 days ago…

However, please bring us ps3 Loco Roco goodness! You’ll never make my sale with a PSP game.

PS3 or go home!

PS I’d be 40% happy with trophies for the first PS3 Loco Roco.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

Sorry to hear of your PS3.
    Hope that gets resolved soon?

PS3 version request noted!

In the meantime, it\’s a perfect time and reason to at least try the PSP version! Please!

+ solidus0079 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

TuxBobble, LocoRoco is the best thing on the PSP, IMO. (Sure there’s lots of other great things on PSP but Loco is king)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

YES! Ditto!

+ Gorvi on October 26th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

I’m looking forward to this, I’ve loved the other two PSP Locoroco games. :)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Wow, some LocoRoco loyalty going on here!
    Thanks so much!
    We\’re excited for the release too!

+ Sygoomei on October 26th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

A free LocoRoco premium theme with little locoroco’s running around would be SW33T!

They did a free one for Afrika in Japan; now you can pioneer free premiums stateside!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

Not so sure about \”free\” but request noted!

+ tenshin78 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

Not a psp Owner but a PS3 owner and I would LOVE to see PATAPON on a PS3 PSN version, please make this happen, I need some PATAPON on my PS3!!! and my wife supports this idea, je je.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

Will make sure to share this w/ our Patapon producer. Great game too, but don\’t forget LocoRoco!

+ th4nGthO_241 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

totally disagree!
I think PSP is the best platform for LOCO ROCO.
Must admit that the game itself doesnt last long in term of replaying (refered to the first 2 games), but hey, it’s like no other games, it’s really fun!!!
Can’t wait to start rolling and bouncing again ^___^

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

Thanks!

Even more \”BOING!\” bouncing this time too!
    You\’ll love it!

+ depward on October 26th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Fantastic – loved LocoRoco 1 + 2 so this is a must purchase for my go :)

I’ll echo TheMissingLink’s comment: ever think about a LocoRoco premium theme for PS3? Would be so awesome…

Love your posts, sir! Looking forward to the release on Thursday.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Thank you!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival is even more perfect for the PSP go. As I have mentioned in previous replies, a good majority of the game can be played with the buttons tucked away.

L/R shoulder buttons for menu navigation, tap both to confirm.

Sweet!

+ TuxBobble on October 26th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

And from what I hear this LocoRoco can be played on the Go while its sliding screen is in the closed position?

Not a must-have, but definitely nice, if it’s true!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

Hmm… Some of my replies are disappearing..

Yes, that information is true.
    For most of the game, such as menu navigation you can use the L/R shoulder buttons.
    Tap both simultaneously to confirm.

Perfect reason to get yourself a shiny new PSP GO while you\’re at it, right?

Ah, justifications :-)

+ AngelofDeathLoki on October 26th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

I’d love to see a PS3 LocoRoco with the new “wand” coming out. That could make some really fun and quirky gameplay.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Hmmm. Interesting.

Again, I\’m not sure what exactly to expect for future LocoRoco products, but will add this to our \”wish-list\” of our \”to do\” list.

+ maxrebo74 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Great news. My son and I LOVE LocoRoco. Can you tell me what the file size is going to be? My memory stick is getting full. thanks

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

Sorry I don\’t have the data size on hand, but hope to follow up w/ this information!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Yes, it’s true!

And it’s a MUST HAVE!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Ooops…
    Got a little excited there..

this was a response to \”maxrebo74\” above

+ hush404 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

Forgot loco, gimme sum Kumi ;)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

uh… we\’ll see what we can do :-)

+ megamixer on October 26th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Glad to see a download-only game with a good price. :) Sad to see ad-hoc only multi-player. We need ah-hoc party in the US & Europe asap! :(

This game looks pretty strange but fun! I’ll probably give it a try. Now about echochrono/shift….

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Sorry about the Adhoc, but I\’m sure the game itself with the other features will make up for it. Besides, it\’s only $14.99.

Demo is coming too!

In regards to \”echoshift\”, another title Kumi and I will be delivering, we\’ll follow up at a later date with details. Stay tuned!

+ TuxBobble on October 26th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

Wow.

Tsubasa, I have to say, I really feel encouraged when someone working on a project makes an effort to get in touch with their fans.

I said before I had never tried Loco and this would likely be a good game for my new PSP Go, but you have sealed the deal with your enthusiasm and posts. I looked at the thread: 29 comments, 25 responses!!! That’s absolutely an overwhelming response to the community comments, proving to me that you really care about this product, stand behind it, and truly love it.

You have just made one guaranteed customer for the future.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

Hello TuxBobble,

Thanks for the kind words.
    I try. It\’s great for us to have an opportunity like this to reach out to our fans.

Sometimes, we get some strange comments, but it\’s all good.

I truly hope you will enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, as a starting point, and stay on with us for future products on PlayStation!

all the best!
    Tsubasa

+ jeffsmither on October 26th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Is there going to be unlockable stickers and sticker sheets in this one too?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

A new feature to the LocoRoco franchise is the addition of obtaining \”accessories\”.

Try to collect the accessories.
    They not only look cute, but may have some sort of influence on your LocoRoco character.
    (not going to give away too much info on this!)

Enjoy!

+ Destiny89 on October 26th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Awesome!
i’ll buy it :).. will there ever be a loco roco game on ps3 with the same controllers as the psp? pretty please

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

Thank you!!!

PS3 version request noted.
Again, no promises here, but we hear ya!

+ Craiji on October 26th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

Please stop teasing me with Ad-hoc….. Please release Ad-hoc party here in the states.

Need Loco Roco, Patapon, GT PSP multiplayer goodness from the comfort of my home.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Thank you for the enthusiasm, we\’ll take this into consideration for future projects!!

+ Vex_Doppel on October 26th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

Would just like to show my LocoRoco love.
Here’s a pic of a homemade LocoRoco sitting next to my PSP.
And here’s the rest of the gang.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Those are awesome! You just made my day :-)

Thank you so much for the support!
    We\’re very happy and excited for the release later this week.

+ ghamdikh1 on October 26th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Coming to PSN this Week: LocoRoco Midnight Carnival:

COOL,NOW ALL WE NEED IS:

1-LocoRoco HD FOR PS3

2-Patapon HD FOR PS3

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Once again, noted!

+ jelly_bean on October 26th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Locoroco is awesome… It’s a little gem from SCEA… I love it… Looking forward to this and many sequels in the future :D

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Sure is a gem, well said!
    I hope you enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival!

+ Ibrahack on October 26th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Hello, i hope you are well. I have never played LocoRoco titles, do you think this title is good to start the series or should i play the other titles first?

Thanks

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

Hello there!

I am sure you will have lots of fun with LocoRoco Midnight Carnival. It\’s a great way to get started with the LocoRoco franchise.
    (good entry pricing too)

If you like it, you can always re-visit us for the previous LocoRoco or LocoRoco 2 titles as well.

We hope you will consider and enjoy the experience if you do!

+ HouseMorton on October 26th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

Really need a new ps3 version. Especially if you could work in some kind of co-op. My kids (3 and 5) go nuts for loco roco, but they’d really like it more on the big screen.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

Once again, something we can consider for the future. I can\’t make any promises, but the team who develop this game also follow the blogs, so we shall see!

+ jqtaxpayer on October 26th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

I’ve never played a LocoRoco game — any chance we’ll see a demo for any of the LocoRoco games on PSN?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

Good question!

For those of you who are on the fence, a demo will be made available on the same day, Oct 29.

Try the demo, and I\’m sure you will come back wanting more!

+ bbonds_007 on October 26th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

Please can make a LocoRoco for the PS3/PSN, would be a great seller!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Once again, request noted. No promises, but I\’ll try!

+ Neil on October 26th, 2009 at 1:56 pm said:

We need more Playstation blog posts from Kumi :)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

Ha ha.. had enough of me I guess? :-)

We\’ll try to get Kumi on board also.
    She\’s being a trooper and is working hard on some of our other up coming titles.

+ Enforcer_X on October 26th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

Any plans for a UMD for this?

I have all the LocoRoco games and I will be getting this one for sure, I just love me some physical media! =)

Also you can note me as a PS3 user who wants and will BUY LocoRoco PS3.

Ad Hoc Party too!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

Sorry, this one\’s only coming out on PSN on a global basis..

PS3 & Adhoc Party requests are noted!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on October 26th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

I’ve played the rest.
I’m guess this is the best but I won’t be able to by this week cause my wallet is empty as I speak.
Next payday will come in not next but after that week.
Then will I get to take a peek.

$20 in my wallet has to go on Home clothes for a project for school, about dressing for work and not look the fool.
So if you don’t mind that I get it late, it’s the only chance and for it I’m going to take.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

No worries!

We aren\’t going anywhere!
    Please make sure to come back though, when you get the chance!

+ plaztiksyke on October 26th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Hi,

The trailer looks really great, but I don’t have a PSP. I know you get lots of requests for LocoRoco and Patapon for PS3, and I don’t want to repeat those *exactly*…

I’d really love to see the original PS3 LocoRoco get patched to include trophies and lossless audio assets. (A ‘hint’ mechanism for locating unrescued LocoRoco in a given area would also be nice.)

Sony has been doing an awesome service to fans by adding trophies to flOw and Lemmings, and we would all really appreciate it if LocoRoco (as well as Piyotama, Elefunk, Everyday Shooter, and Siren!) were next on the list. The bump in audio quality that was included in the last Echochrome patch got me back into playing for a few weeks, which got several people on my buddy list to make the purchase.

So, even if we can’t get this new game on PS3, please keep up the trophy patches and audio asset enhancements by doing this for the original LocoRoco PS3.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

Thanks a bunch for your comments and wish-list. As I have mentioned, we cannot make any promises, but appreciate the fact these blogs let us communicate with you.

There are things we can/cannot do for various reasons, but we\’re listening.

Thanks again for your support and enthusiasm!

+ BurntOrange32 on October 26th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Hmm… this would be nice to have on my brand new shiny white PSP Go… And for $15. I’ll take a copy!

How long is the game, compared to Locoroco 2?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

I must admit the overall playing time is a tad bit shorter than LocoRoco 2, hence the price difference, but with the new game mechanics and slightly higher difficulty, you never know!

$14.99 for this is a steal!

+ lukeike on October 26th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

just wondering… is this game focused on halloween? like, is it filled with jackolanterns and witches, ghosts, and junk like that? or is it like a regular locoroco game?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

You could say there is a high level theme that relates to Halloween, but not necessarily the stereotyped pumpkins and ghosts etc.

As mentioned above and in previous blog posts, the game is based on some new game mechanics, so no, it\’s not a regular LocoRoco game.

I\’m sure you\’ll like it!

+ darthlego on October 26th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

Could someone please lower the cost of the first Loco Roco on the PSN. It just does not seem right that it costs like six dollars more then Loco Roco 2. Great games, BTW.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 26th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

Good point.

I\’ll check internally to see what we can do.

PAGE 1 2