PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Please Nominate PlayStation.Blog for the Mashable Open Web Awards!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 26, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

I love mashable things: potatoes, music, monsters. Especially with gravy.

Why bring this up? Because, as some of you more social-media-savvy readers might already know, Mashable has opened its 3rd annual Open Web Awards. If you don’t know what these awards are about, there’s an international voting competition where major online communities (blogs, Twitter, Facebook fanpages, etc.) duke it out for the top spot. I think the winner gets cookies or something.

First round in the competition is the nominations period (NOW – November 15th). The top 5 nominees in each category will move forward to the voting round (November 18th – December 13th). Winners for each category will be announced on December 15th.

Here’s where you come in: please help nominate PlayStation.Blog in the “Best Corporate Blog” category! PlayStation fans are undoubtedly the most vocal on the Internet, so show your PlayStation love and nominate the blog, and we’ll win this thing for sure.

Nominating is as simple as a few easy steps:

…and you’re done! You can nominate once per day per category, so vote early and vote often. The nominations period ends on November 15th. Hopefully with your help, we’ll make it to the voting round. Then we can ask you for a bit more help :-)

We don’t ask for much, right?

+ EvoAnubis on October 26th, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

DeAno Jackson nominated us.blog.playstation.com for Best Corporate Blog 3 minutes ago

+ lmaverickl on October 26th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

You got my nomination!

+ zombie9 on October 26th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

I’m at work and they block me from voting those B***erds. I will vote when I get home Oh right back to work. :(

+ VinTheDean on October 26th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

voted. Good Luck. I hope we win.

+ dotCody on October 26th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

@6

+ DZORMAGEN on October 26th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

I JUST VOTED, AND I WILL PASS THIS ON TO SOME OTHER BOARDS! I really want Sony Blog to win! Not only do I love this site, but I really love Sony as a company! Call me a fanboy if you want, I DON’T CARE!! In SONY I TRUST!!!

+ KidCommando on October 26th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

I think the PSB has gone through some big meaty changes since being introduced, but it could greatly improve in one department; replies.

Yes, I know there is a forum, but THIS is the blog. This is where Playstation says I should visit to get the latest scoop on news and events.

A post is made, 100 comments will follow. 30 of those post ask “how much is it?”. At post #40 someone asks “Jeff, did you eat sugar frosted flakes today?”. Jeff replies, “Yes!, they’rrrrrre great!”. No more replies will follow, and 30 people are curious to know how much it cost. Seriously?

I am not asking for them to respond to every post made on this blog. I am not even asking them to have a solid answer for every question asked, but they need to be better about acknowledging general questions. IF they don’t know the price, just respond “pricing hasn’t been determined yet”. Is that it really THAT hard to do?

I can’t vote for something being the best when common general questions get ignored at the place where I am supposed to be getting all the latest PS information from.

oh, I also don’t use Twitter or Facebook.

+ JamesSoprano on October 26th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

let me say this in terms that you Sony Can Understand.

From A Canadian To Sony:

I don’t have any announcements to make at this time. Sorry

+ pelagato24 on October 26th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

I did my part =)… good luck

+ BlooodyCow on October 26th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

“PlayStation fans are undoubtedly the most vocal on the Internet”
And yet when we ask the tough question in chats or developers blog, no one answer. 99% of the time, you have to kiss azz in order to get your question answer. Just look at the recent Dragon Age: Origin blog. None of the tough questions was answer. Hell, none of the questions direct to Bioware was answer in the blog comments. When it comes to firmware upgrades blog post with little to no information about what the firmware do, no one seems to answer our question on what the firmware do or don’t do.

However, you guys does have some great blog posts and some very informative comments from developers and sometime the fan interaction is great with about half of the blog posts.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on October 26th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

Let me share with you something about this business (and probably a lot of others): details are announced when they are fully determined, detailed, and ready to be announced.

If your question isn\’t answered as soon as you ask it, it\’s not personal – it\’s that the answer will be revealed to *everybody* in due course.

+ djspinal on October 26th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Done!

+ AceOfSpades725 on October 26th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

you guys have my vote!

so if we use both facebook and twitter, does that count for two votes per day?

+ VisionaryLight on October 26th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

I will not. This is your job I don’t think you should be asking us the community to nominate you for a award. Sorry, this is just wrong.

+ mauaus on October 26th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

voted with both my facebook and twitter accounts! Good luck guys!

+ mauaus on October 26th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

@ 63
Dont think theres anything wrong with asking the community and fans for support. Nobody is forcing you to do it, if you feel like they earned it do it, if not dont.

+ SyphonFilter- on October 26th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

I did it but Jeff you owe me my PSN avatars!

+ Appo on October 26th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Holy crap. Looking at the site, 99% of votes are for the PSB. o.O

Threw in my vote. :D

+ DeathGazer on October 26th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

Voted.

You guys definitely deserve it.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on October 26th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Thank you thank you.

+ tenshin78 on October 26th, 2009 at 9:52 am said:

Like a zombie driven by an evil summoner I have obeyed and voted!

+ xI-Red-Ix on October 26th, 2009 at 9:53 am said:

Voted, do I get a free UC2 LE?

pretty plz, I voted.. :C

:D

+ burnedearth on October 26th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

The Playstation Blog really is the best blog on the internet. I voted a few minutes ago, but win or lose Playstation Blog is the best hands down. Power to the players!!!!

+ triple_lei on October 26th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

Finally, my Twitter account became useful…

U-S-A! U-S-A!

+ CrusherX on October 26th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

YO #6! I’mma real happy for you, and I’ma let you finish, but #45 has one of the best comments of ALL TIME.

Of ALL TIME.

+ praju61 on October 26th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

Thanks SONY , you are my first choice resource for every weekend. :-)

After all the issues my friends told me that PSN had , its quite a surprise that am satisfied 100% after 3 weeks of usage of PSN.

+ SpiritThief on October 26th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Why only twit and face?? I don’t use those silly drama sites

+ Draicus on October 26th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Nominated.

Now get Naughty Dog on here to announce the Fortune Hunter Edition winners. <3

+ Craiji on October 26th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Done, cause you guys rock….

Now please give me some news on Ad hoc Party, Tales of Vesperia and continue with the great content you guys always deliver.

+ packy17 on October 26th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

I have made my nomination for you guys. Thanks for being awesome.

+ jazzyrider on October 26th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

Voted for you guys!

Speaking of voting…if there’s a local election in your area/state (and if you’re old enough), go out and vote! Make your voice heard!

+ Gogo_ZvC on October 26th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

I think we deserve a little prize or something if the PS Blog wins ():) , not that I’m implying anything *wink wink!*

Votes been cast and shall continue to be cast during the competition. Best of luck!

+ Anubis80 on October 26th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

Ok done. Hope you guys win.

Now were is my free codes? lol

+ jimmy1971 on October 26th, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

Sorry, but until Sony starts doing something for Canadians, I don’t see why we should doing anything for you(Sony).

+ Mattchewie on October 26th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Voted, (via FB cause twitter puts a quiver in my liver)

I expect my box of twinkies in the mail…..as soon as humanly possible.

:p

+ inuyasha5400 on October 26th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

if you guys win, can you guys give us something in return. like cross-game chat/party chat

+ Shqype on October 26th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

I nominated you guys, and I’ll make an effort to login every day and nominate you again.

I love visiting the PlayStation Blog and enjoy the funny and informative posts.

You guys deserve and I look forward to voting you into the number 1 spot for best corporate blog!

+ Mtmoney07 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Attn: Jeff, my vote is in…and i will be voting every day….I do in turn ask “when is the next Orlando, Florida blog meetup?”…i missed the last one more than a year ago :(

+ thepmac on October 26th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

I signed up to facebook and submitted my vote for you guys. I never post but I read a lot. Good job guys. Keep it up.

+ poodude on October 26th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

@6 while that may be true you have to realize that they cannot comment on things such as cross-game voice chat, especially when you consider most of the time those comments are out of place. As for the Canadians thing, as a Canadian they seem to be doing a better job including us in the posts but I do agree they could do a better job by specifiying for every post about a contest and the like. I’ll probably still vote for them though.

+ mprunty on October 26th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

I have to show love to the PlayStation Blog. The best dedicated corporate site on the internet.

+ Zookey on October 26th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Nominated :-) Good luck!

+ coastermaniac on October 26th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

ok done.

I DEMAND A FREE GAME FOR THIS!!!!1

heh not really. :-P
you guys are seriously awesome and I really appreciate the work you all do here.

And to all those who are complaining:
Tell me how many national corporations run a blog where their CEO writes personal messages to the FANS of the company, not just the stockholders? I sure don’t see Steve Ballmer doing that for the MS fanboys…

+ tony_motta on October 26th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

Done…

+ StalkingSilence on October 26th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

k done for you guys

+ whoTHEdog on October 26th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

Alright I voted… wheres my Treasure Hunters addition???

+ Drake1416 on October 26th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

I did my part! ^_^

+ Miles514 on October 26th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

Most definently! You guys answer all our questions and we get the latest info!

+ mkis0077 on October 26th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

lol i dont believe theres a chance that you wont win…. all the nominations for that category minus 5 or 6 are ps blog

+ SpyDudeFX on October 26th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Blog needs mobile improvements, currently no way to login to post comments from my BlackBerry.

I see a few comments acting like Sony revolutionized corp blogging and well they weren’t the first. Most companies do it, and some feature way more executive replies than here. I don’t think we get enough responses, the staff skims over feedback and usually just replies to the flattering comments. Sony EU does a great job on their blog, they respond more often.

With that said, I still like this blog but would like to see more changes to improve the offering.

+ cronqvist on October 26th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Done!

+ Dallas7999 on October 26th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

I created a Twitter account (something I swore never to do) and nominated you guys. Good luck.