Far Cry 4

Brütal Legend’s Tears of the Hextadon DLC Launches for Free on PSN!

Brent Dady's Avatar + Posted by Brent Dady on Oct 27, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, Electronic Arts

Eddie and Ironheade

Now that Rocktober of the year of our metal Lords 2009 is coming to a close, we at Double Fine Productions and Electronic Arts are taking the time to reflect back upon a pretty eventful year. Here are just a select few of the very many Brütal Legend highlights that have lodged into my memory banks:

1. Jack Black, Tim Schafer, and Rob Halford unveiling Brütal’s gameplay for the first time to the coalition of the willing PS3 gamers at the Spike VGAs.

2. E3 – staying up until 9am the day of the show loading builds (I may have never recovered from this all year), live Twitter chats, a banner 1/3 the size of a football field, debuting our talent trailer, the coalition of the unwilling finds its leader. Pandemonium!

3. Comic-con – the infamous Brütal Legend concert featuring 3 Inches of Blood and GWAR. Picture is pretty much self-explanatory.

4. Wherein Tim Schafer tries to solve a Rubik’s Cube in the time that it takes Emily Ridgway, Double Fine’s audio director, to recite the bands and titles of the 108 songs off of the (I would say EPIC) Brütal soundtrack.

5. Launch! Marketing and PR! Dancing monkeys! Jack Black makes the ultimate sacrifice to promote the game.

Skipping forward to the future, since I know fond memory #6 will be one of my highlights of the Brütal campaign:

6. Free DLC on PSN! The Tears of the Hextadon downloadable content pack launches on November 5 for the PS3…and did I mention it is FREE for two weeks exclusively on PSN?!

We love the PS3 and we’re excited that connected PS3 gamers across the world will able to enjoy 2 multiplayer maps, The Circle of Tears and Death’s Fjord, as well as the Blade of Ormagöden axe, courtesy of the fine folks at Double Fine, Sony, and EA.

We hope to see you online for a skirmish or two or three.

Lita Halford ready to attack

69 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ plaztiksyke on October 27th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

I love the gameplay, personally, but am still quite disappointed by the audio quality given how music-focused the game is and the PS3′s built-in ability to render 24-bit lossless audio. I’d be happy to pay for DLC if it somehow corrected this issue.

Does this DLC include any new music, voiceovers, or sound effects? If it does, is there any chance it will be of higher quality than the disc-based game’s audio assets?

PS: If you can somehow convince the Zappa Family Trust to allow you to include Dweezil’s verion of “My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama”, my faith in all of humanity will be restored.

+ VenomXv on October 27th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Awesome, who doesn’t love free content?

+ hush404 on October 27th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

I don’t have BL yet… but plan to get it sometime down the road… so I’ll get the free dlc when it’s released and then have it for when I get the game :P

+ lostinplainsight on October 27th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

is the Blade of Ormagöden useable in single player?

Brent Dady's Avatar

+ Brent Dady on October 27th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

@lostinplainsight Yep, you can use the Blade of Ormagöden in single player too.

+ Armstrong on October 27th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

I tried to play online, it would not let me connect to any games. It said something about having harsh router settings.

I liked the mechanics though. Reminded me of sacrifice.

+ lostinplainsight on October 27th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

yay,my first question answered I feel so special. medal please!!!!

+ Lord_Von_Punx on October 27th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

NICE!

Any Chance on a death Match Or Something Other

A third Person RTS???

+ milosan on October 27th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

this game is so awesome it was blowing my mind and then it blew my lens! good game can’t wait till i can pay for the repair fees to start playing this bad a$$ game again!

+ big-gunns on October 27th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

Thanks for the free DLC. It’s always welcomed here on PSN. :D

+ shadowkiller11 on October 27th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

Yay this is great just hope you make content that was more targetted to single-player but none the less yay.

+ m-jezzy on October 27th, 2009 at 10:02 pm said:

I luv PS Home man, ain’t nothing like getting off work & jump into my virtual world. But it’ll be nice if my virtual pad had functional appliances such as a stereo system, flat screen monitor that shws free movies. c’mon PS Home hook us up.

+ Ckrovax on October 28th, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

This is such a dirty marketing move to get me to buy this game… Damn you. *Goes to buy the game*

+ mcksalg on October 28th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

WOOHOO, love BL, even got to play with Tim. I hope you guys have some DLC with more factions or generals in mind. 5 to 6 factions total would hit the sweet spot. Maybe even a new campaign would be great. I know plenty of people would def pony up for these sorts of updates. Also quick thing, please fix the servers the lag is very bad when we have 4v4 matches.

+ Kamahl_rg on October 28th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

nice! i still havent beat the storyline but the game is pretty cool… i really like the game, hope i see you online cause i havent played it yet (the only time i tried i had problems getting online)

+ Kamahl_rg on October 28th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

pretty good game, gonna download the DLC as soon as it comes out. i havent beaten the single player yet but its very fun. Still gotta try the multiplayer cause the only time i tried it, it didnt work well.

+ Kamahl_rg on October 28th, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

wtf, my first message disappeared and then it appeared again… >.<

+ GTAMOBSTERX4 on November 4th, 2009 at 9:29 pm said:

Oh yes, another EA game with DLC right after it comes out. I love how they make it seem like it is an honor to get this DLC. It clearly should be free and included with the fricken game as the other DLC that I know they have up their sleeve waiting to timely release it.

+ rikki_wtf on November 5th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

its nov. 5th
where is the dlc?
i wanna download it so bad

+ rikki_wtf on November 5th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

its nov 5th where is the dlc i wanna download it cuz it sounds pretty awsome

+ Bellicxs on November 5th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

@rikki_wtf give them some time. they said it would be out BY Nov. 5 wait until 8:00-ish… it should be out by then. if not then wait an extra day. they love to make us wait :P

PAGE 1 2