PS4 - Destiny

Celebrate Halloween PlayStation Home-Style at the Zombie Rally

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Oct 28, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

As you may know from visiting Central Plaza in the last few weeks or watching one of the recent newscasts on PULSE, zombies have staged a full-on invasion of PlayStation Home. It’s certainly no coincidence that the living dead are coming out of the woodwork just in time for Halloween (it is their version of Thanksgiving, after all – complete with morsels of mortals upon which to ravenously feast). We here on the PlayStation Home Community Management team want to roll out the proverbial red carpet for our reanimated brethren and throw the biggest (brainiest?) bash of the year, but we’ll need your help in overcoming a few obstacles along the way.

HOMEgenZOMBIE 08

First and foremost, we’re asking that all of you ghouls and gals visit the DeadQuarters to “undead yourself” (and all of your friends). There’s no need for any complex magical systems or exposure to dangerous radiation, simply enter the DeadQuarters (whether it is your own space or a friend’s) and watch as your wardrobe fills up with free zombie items. Becoming one of the walking dead has never been easier.

While many of us are happy to embrace zombies as our friends, neighbors, policemen, payroll auditors, brain surgeons, and 400-level college philosophy professors, there are a few extremists out there that are determined to keep PlayStation Home free of what they call “a moral menace.” At the forefront of this political movement is the think tank organization known as the S.P.A.Z. (Society of People Against Zombies). Headed up by R Phunrooner, President (and reputed “recovering horror movie addict”), this group has taken an aggressive approach to ridding PlayStation Home of the undead – from a full-on anti-zombie advertising campaign to actually attempting to censor the male zombie head.

Luckily, the S.P.A.Z. is not without opposition. A non-profit zombie rights organization is challenging R Phunrooner and the S.P.A.Z.’s efforts by setting up a webpage where zombies and zombie-sympathizers alike can voice their support for the deceased (that have just recently returned to life).

So after you visit the DeadQuarters and become one of the living dead, we need you to go to www.undeadyourself.com and cast a vote to allow zombies to roam free in PlayStation Home. The ballots close on Friday evening, so make sure you do this NOW. Then, we ask that you come out to Central Plaza dressed in your finest funerary threads right at 8:59pm PT (11:59 EST) to find out the results. Werewolves, vampires, and all haunts of the night alike will want to come out to for this event, as it will determine the very future of PlayStation Home.

See you fiends Friday night!

PAGE 1 2

+ FredNation on October 28th, 2009 at 7:52 am said:

Hey thanks for the information and update I can’t wait for more, Home is improving more and more each day. Also any news on the radios and TV’s yet?

+ element12436 on October 28th, 2009 at 7:53 am said:

Thats cool. I havent been on home for a long time now. guess I’ll try again :)

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 28th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Trust me – If you haven\’t been in Home lately, it\’s definitely worth a visit. There is more content, more events, more chances to win awesome prizes than you will probably believe!

+ FredNation on October 28th, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

Hey thanks for the update and love home, I go on it everyday now. Home is improving more and more each day and love it lots. Also any news on TV’s, Radios, and the Hall of Fame space?

+ AlphaTribe2007 on October 28th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

This sounds cool and all but I have some questions.

1) what happens if the zombies win the vote to roam free?

2)what happens if SPAZ wins?

3) I’m not sure I see the point of doing all this yet, will our avitars be able to hunt each other down? i.e. night of the living dead.

Thanks.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 28th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

We can\’t say with certainty exactly what will happen if the S.P.A.Z. wins. Maybe they will try to cancel Halloween? I really don\’t know. Frankly, I don\’t even like thinking about it. Similarly, we can\’t completely predict a future where zombies roam freely, but I have faith that it will make for a cooler Home than one that is dictated by the likes of R Phunrooner. That\’s why I\’m voting pro-zombie and making sure that I show up for the Friday night event.

+ Darnell0216 on October 28th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

I can’t wait for midnight Friday when all the Zombies come out to play. I still say we need a “Thriller” dance so we zombies can take over Home in style :D

+ spiritanointed on October 28th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

Um….yay?

+ BiezulbubBill69 on October 28th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

Playstation Home always wins, baby.

+ Raz256 on October 28th, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

What does happen on Friday night at midnight? For some of us hear on the east coast we find that waiting around really late for somethings grow tiresome. We don’t know what to expect and a lot of times we get let down. I’m going to be there in my best attire to find out the results, but please don’t disappoint.

+ Curtisio on October 28th, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

lol – I guess

+ TERMINATORvsMTRX on October 28th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

this is sweet I love zombies!!!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 28th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

SOUNDS LIKE FUN…IM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN MAKE THE BEST BEST OF THIS OCCASION..ALL THANKS TO PLAYSTATION HOME! HOPEFULLY THEY HAVE ALOT MORE TREATS FOR US HOMBODIES TO ENJOY. KEEP UP THE GREAT SPOOKY WOK :>

+ CRUNKRIS on October 28th, 2009 at 8:55 am said:

Sounds awesome.

however, Any news on any new content or MAINTENANCE that is comming this this thursday?

what can we expect?

+ Crypt-Raider on October 28th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

Awesome count me in! Also any word on when we are getting TV/radios to view/share are media in are spaces? will netflix come to Home? Keep up the good work. Peace

+ EvoAnubis on October 28th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

The sad thing is, even though a few friends of mine are HCVs, I still have yet to do this. Been too busy playing Trine!

+ mtngmr164 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

How about you all do something worthwhile and actually get this mess working properly for everyone. You passed off a botched 1.3 update and then followed that with another useless “update.” Instead of playing make believe zombie attack, do your damn jobs and get people’s access to home returned!

+ mtngmr164 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

How about you people do something worthwhile instead of running around playing make believe zombie attack. You put out a botched 1.3 update then followed that with a worthless “fix” and even now with the droves of complaint threads, you’re nothing but tight-lipped. How about do your damn jobs, be real “managers” and let people know whats going on and get these issues resolved and get people access back into Home!

+ ZAANOS on October 28th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

This is such an awesome little event you guys have going. The zombie outfit looks awesome too.

+ BZKlint on October 28th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/Zombaid-lg.gif :D (Shaun of the Dead referance)

+ Dragonzblaze on October 28th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

zombies will rule home then the world!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Sygoomei on October 28th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

Hope you guys enjoy yourselves… Maybe my 60gb that went ylod 3 days ago will rise as a Zombie!!!

Otherwise, with my job having been exported, I can’t afford another ps3 for a while… :’(

+ Thrasher20 on October 28th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Haha nice. Too bad I will miss out because I have a broken PS3 for three months now :(

+ Spyroluver88 on October 28th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

I wish you would have made the Deadquarters free. I would have loved to be a zombie for awhile:) Ah well…

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 28th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

While the DeadQuarters isn\’t free, becoming a zombie doesn\’t have to cost you anything. Simply find someone that owns the DeadQuarters and ask them to invite you over. As soon as you enter the DeadQuarters you will be awarded all of the zombie virtual items. It\’s as simple as that.

+ Anubis80 on October 28th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Well I wont be able to meet up with people in the Central Plaza as a zombie because I am going out to some Halloween parties. Oh well. I voted to keep zombies out there. BRAINS!!!!!

+ QCVic on October 28th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Any new on fixing Home for those who have problems with freezing? I want paricipate but I can’t even get into Home.

+ rpgki on October 28th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

This sounds great but is a shame that i cant enjoy this because of the error z(7,-104), FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE!!!!!!!

+ echogridlock on October 28th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

Wow you would think telemarketing and asking people for thier money (with the promise of a cheap gift) would be easier. I want to be a zombie and today with your donation of only $4.99 you get the personal space and you can be a zombie too! Your donation will provide a great service to fund those poor devs. that put so much into your Home. Sorry I have to be that guy… the one that says things like “bah humbug” during Christmas.

+ Blkant on October 28th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Sooo, nothing special like a halloween decorated world? No pumpkins even for halloween? The most iconic and nostalgic icon for halloween, the pumpkin, is being left out?

+ QuizPyro on October 28th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

If anyone has the Deadquarters space can you please add me &

invite to it please…

+ mtngmr164 on October 28th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

Typical of the Home “management” (a.k.a glorified PR reps) to ignore any comments regarding the sad shape of Homes core client and do nothing but try and pawn off more virtual crap on the community. That damn $5 golden toilet they added is a fine symbol for the current Home program. As long as it’s shiny on the surface, it’s fine to have it full of crap on the inside!

+ Conrad_Max on October 28th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

Thank you for the news. I have decided that I will now support the zombies. At first I wasn’t going to, but now I see just how much fun it could be.

As for those of you who haven’t received the zombie costume at this time, hurry! Log onto the PlayStation Home General forum. People are offering tours of the Zombie DeadQuarters space. Once you enter, the costume will automatically be downloaded into your wardrobe for free. You do not have to purchase the space at all. Just take a tour.

Happy Halloween!

+ pkwest on October 28th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

That is really cool, but sadly I will be with my dad. Pleas tell who wins

+ gus_xl on October 28th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

Very cool. Just got my zombie stuff now. Looking forward to it!

+ xMisterSinisteRx on October 28th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

i’ve been trying to get some one to invite me to dead quarters since it came out,but i’ve had no luck :[

+ tearsofash on October 28th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

Well at least the zombies will be more realistic than at the halloween event last year.

+ BlueSalvation on October 28th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

I will attend, but it seems worthless in terms of any real value. Because I’m sure a lot of people will be attending and I won’t make much of a difference if I show or not.

I guess I can go just to see a lot of zombies of Home in one place? I guess that can be considered something of value since it doesn’t really happen everyday.

+ NOBODIE on October 28th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

GO ZOMBIES GO!!! To bad i wont be able to attend the partay taking my son trick o’ treating… have fun creatures of the night BWAA HA HA!

+ SteveO1966 on October 28th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Yea.. Sony… and only 5 bucks.. thanks for looking out for the unemployed who can’t afford crap like this…

+ MidnightBlues on October 28th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

I would love to but my blu ray drive stopped working out of warrenty and during the firmware update it freezes at 54% and I am forced to shut it off and it goes right back to the install error. Stuck in this rotation my ps3 is useless the error says to call technical support which I did but they want me to shell out $150 for the repair! Rediculous it was a working ps3 minus the blu ray drive! I could at least play games from the hard disk $150 is asking way to much!!

+ BlueSalvation on October 28th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Why are you discussing that here, MidnightBlues? It has zero to do with this blog.

SteveO1966, Locust_Star already explained to someone about how you can become a zombie without buying the actual DeadQuarters. Just get someone to invite you to their DeadQuarters.

As an owner of the DeadQuarters, I have to tell you that you aren’t missing out on much. It’s actually a little too dark for my liking and I can’t even get good enough lights to illuminate it. I almost feel like the purchase wasn’t worth it. Now the Neptune suite is something else.

+ Kchow23 on October 29th, 2009 at 12:20 am said:

Which HOME had less lag, recently it’s lag issue has made it pretty awful besides that there isn’t that much to do

+ PetterBoy on October 29th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

Wow! home zombie version? that soo cool! Hope it comes to europe! :D

+ PetterBoy on October 29th, 2009 at 6:54 am said:

Wow! home zombie version? that soo cool! Hope it comes to europe!

+ Hobartbob on October 29th, 2009 at 8:51 am said:

I WILL BE DRESSED IN MY CHRIS REDFIELD ATTIRE!! ZOMBIES BEWARE!!!

+ DigitalDevilSaga on October 29th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

Love all the creative ideas! Keep them commin! I’ve already visited undeadyourself.com and unfortunately I have tons to do that doesnt involve home unfortunately although i might be persuaded to put forth more effort if i knew some time of goodies are gonna be handed out. then ill make sure i get on!

+ Zeus5150 on October 29th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

If you already have the zombie deadquarters how do you send invites?

+ BlueSalvation on October 29th, 2009 at 9:23 pm said:

Zeus5150, the only way I know of is to get whoever you want to invite on your friends list (Send them a friend request). Go to your DeadQuarters and invite them there. Once this is done, you can remove them from your friends list later.

+ glody on October 30th, 2009 at 9:40 pm said:

I cant tell you how many people i asked to be invited to deadquarters…no one would invite me…gotta admit…alot of a-holes on home…seriously…

+ glody on October 30th, 2009 at 9:45 pm said:

zombie rally fail. big time.

+ Pixietails on October 30th, 2009 at 10:03 pm said:

Waited over an hour…worst rally ever. Thanks for nothing :c

+ vivalavidaloca on October 31st, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

What a wastte of time that rally..why so much expectation for nothing? What prizes?

PAGE 1 2