Driveclub

District 9 Forged Together With God of War III

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar + Posted by Anthony Caiazzo on Oct 28, 2009 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

We are pleased to announce today a Blu-ray and PlayStation 3 first!

GoWIII Logo

Come December 29th, when you snag your copy of District 9 on Blu-ray, included on the very same disc will be the highly sought after God of War III E3 2009 Demo. This hybrid disc is an industry and PlayStation first which will pair together this summer’s must see Sci-Fi BLOCKBUSTER with SCEA’s powerhouse action title. As an added bonus for God of War fans, those that complete the demo will unlock an exclusive making of featurette about God of War III.

Some other cool special features on the District 9 movie disc will include a Interactive Map feature “Joburg from Above: Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9,” which provides a highly detailed environmental exploration of the world through a series of interactive satellite maps, technology schematics and photo-real files; and movieIQ, which allows viewers to immediately access continuously updated information on the cast & crew and explore relevant trivia such as production facts, music and soundtrack information all tied to scenes within the movie.

District 9 BD Packshot

PAGE 1 2 3

+ omnilaw on October 28th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

BOOM!

It only does Great Bundles!

+ omnilaw on October 28th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Boom It only does great Bundles!

+ dragonmagician on October 28th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

Hope to see more of these hybrids. I’m going to skip this one, since I’m buying the GOW Collection.

+ VofEscaflowne on October 28th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

Boom! It only double posts!

Great news :p I’ll be getting the collection either way.

+ poop1596 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Very cool idea! Is the price going to increase because of the added content? If not, than this is one hell of a way to advertise the PS3 features to gamers and non-gamers alike.

+ SilverK9 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Oh yea!! nice one sony

+ Se7enthSign on October 28th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Okay, now this is what we need to see more of. Now, will there ever be a day that we see FULL movies/games on one disc?

+ shinra47 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

district 9 just went from a probable rental to a definate buy for me.

+ StrykerIsland on October 28th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

Excellent. Keep it up Sony.

+ centrinoduo91 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

Awesome film that i am getting on Bluray anyway, just one question:

Will this be available over here, in the UK?

+ packy17 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

That’s hot. I loved the film so this is a no-brainer for me.

Will the demo be up on PSN later for those who don’t want to buy D9?

+ GypsyBoi on October 28th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Great bundle. Film of the year + I hope game of 2010 :)

+ LRGKING on October 28th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

That is pretty sweet.

For the people that are not gonna get the GoW 1 and 2 pack.

Still im getting both!
I want to see that making of featurette.
Loved District 9, mostly the guns!
I mean comeon, that laser shot gun thing at the end was siickkk!!!!

+ reson8er on October 28th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

More of this please. This is a great idea that has been a long time coming. I would love to see this continued (where it makes sense). Even though I will have the demo with GoW Collection, this is still cool as all hell.

+ xLord-Slothx on October 28th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

Day one purchase! :P

+ GamerMoney on October 28th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

bravo

+ Dhrox on October 28th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

Wow now that’s a great idea. I hope it become a standard to have PS3 advertise stuff with any blue-ray.

So anytime people buy a blue-ray they know it’s made by sony, and they will have access to stuff that you can only use if you read the blue-ray on a PS3.

+ Shinogu126 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

Will the District 9 Blu-ray have a PSP-compatible digital-copy?

+ EvoAnubis on October 28th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Wow! Didn’t expect that whatsoever, but it’s great news! Doing things like this more often would be an excellent plan.

+ DZORMAGEN on October 28th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

This is a really cool idea. I just hope it gets marketed well enough in stores so people snag more copies in Blu-Ray verses DVD! GREAT IDEA SONY!!!

+ Jocis on October 28th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Great Idea Sony

+ BigBoss712 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

That’s a pretty cool bundle, movie was great.

+ FULLGORR on October 28th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

AWESOME! District 9 was easily my favourite movie of the past few years, and this just sweetens the deal! :D

+ TheTwelve on October 28th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

Bought.

+ FelonOnParole on October 28th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Fail

+ mywhitenoise on October 28th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Does the exclusive making of featurette also come with the God of War Collection?

+ mywhitenoise on October 28th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

^nevermind, just answered my own question as soon as I reread “exclusive”.

+ Vabor on October 28th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

Awesome but kinda odd. It’s all Sony pictures and SCEA I assume. Aliens and Kratos seem a bit apart but this is still cool. I’ll be getting the demo on the GOW collection tho.

+ XenoNative on October 28th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

never heard of district 9 but i jus found a reason to get it! GoW collection is soooo close hurry up october and end already!!!

+ Darnell0216 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

Woohoo!! Gotta love Sony!

+ that-acmilan-guy on October 28th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

I LOVE U!

+ heatseeker on October 28th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

FUC*ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Pathard on October 28th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

Dear GOd.. this is amazing.

+ Cloud_911 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

good movie, loved the mech in it

+ nas2344 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

thank god i was already buying this! but now I’m really crazy over it! awesome move by Sony

+ Pathard on October 28th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

..this is amazing!

+ ski_bumm on October 28th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

To think, District 9 came out of the failed Halo movie from Peter Jackson and Blomkamp… and now the Blu-Ray has the God of War III demo attached to it! Such irony.

What a great promo. It’ll mean more ‘sci fi’ and action fans will get to experience God of War for the first time, and it’ll reward the Playstation faithful who also love amazing, groundbreaking sci fi movies.

+ hermes200 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

So… If I rent the movie, I still get the demo?

+ remanutd5 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

never seen the movie before now i have an excuse to do it ( exclusive making of featurette about God of War 3 )

+ CarelessNeb on October 28th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

Like I needed another reason to buy this movie. So psyched!

+ BlooodyCow on October 28th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

Is this the same demon on God of War Collection or is it different?

+ onlineatron on October 28th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

Will this be coming to the UK (with the demo)?

If not, will it the US version be region free?

+ lobotomies4free on October 28th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

Go SONY!

+ jedi_webslinger on October 28th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

Excellent!!! You guys are just brillant!!! In the immortal words of billy Idol. I want more, more, more!!! :) This should be used more often. Especially future game-to-film adaptations :)

+ FunkyTable on October 28th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

This is cool, but…

Are they ever going to release the Demo on the PSN? Possibly after the game is released? I understand lots of folks want to play it, and it’s cool that they are tacking it on to other products. But eventually I think Demos need to be in the hands of folks who are on the fence about purchasing the product, and would like to try it out for free.

There are many games I’ve bought that I was first introduced to by a free Demo. I’m starting to feel that I have to play a game for a little bit before I purchase the product.

+ silentkill6677 on October 28th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

the game looks so sick and the movie was awesome im really looking forward to this

+ spoonTRex on October 28th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

What? What?! If you can put the demo on the Blu-Ray of the movie, why isn’t it included with the God of War Collection? Why must we download it as a pre-order bonus?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 28th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

Just to confirm, the GOW III E3 2009 Demo Voucher is packed into GOW Collection. Pre-Order is not required

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on October 28th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

This extras are great, imagine the dark knight + arkham assylum. keep it up sony. just bring back the logo and chime when starting a game please.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on October 28th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

Pretty cool, I was thinking on getting the movie anyway, since I loved it. I suppose I’ll get it on Blue-Ray if I also have the demo of GoW3, lol. I hope they’ll let “other than Sony” movie owners to promote their Blue-Ray releases like that too! =D

+ DKShadow on October 28th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Awww shouldn’t have wasted this on a truly terrible movie :(

PAGE 1 2 3