Final Fantasy XV

Oct 28

Oct 28

District 9 Forged Together With God of War III

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

We are pleased to announce today a Blu-ray and PlayStation 3 first!

GoWIII Logo

Come December 29th, when you snag your copy of District 9 on Blu-ray, included on the very same disc will be the highly sought after God of War III E3 2009 Demo. This hybrid disc is an industry and PlayStation first which will pair together this summer’s must see Sci-Fi BLOCKBUSTER with SCEA’s powerhouse action title. As an added bonus for God of War fans, those that complete the demo will unlock an exclusive making of featurette about God of War III.

Some other cool special features on the District 9 movie disc will include a Interactive Map feature “Joburg from Above: Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9,” which provides a highly detailed environmental exploration of the world through a series of interactive satellite maps, technology schematics and photo-real files; and movieIQ, which allows viewers to immediately access continuously updated information on the cast & crew and explore relevant trivia such as production facts, music and soundtrack information all tied to scenes within the movie.

District 9 BD Packshot

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

MooseDog_00 said:

October 28th, 4:05 pm

I heard it was a good movie, but now im not renting it im buying on bluray

poweredbyzen said:

October 28th, 5:22 pm

this is so sweet, i can taste it!

siegeh said:

October 28th, 6:39 pm

this movie will blow ur FACE off

FailureByDesiign said:

October 28th, 6:48 pm

Does this mean you can only access the Demo from PS3?

I mean, we can play Blu-Ray from another Blu-Ray player, but not a PS3 Demo.

pouchely said:

October 28th, 7:05 pm

a bundle like that
i cant refuse it and God of war is a must have. i havent played any one of them yet but i seen the game play. im certain to get it now.

big-gunns said:

October 28th, 8:06 pm

Haven’t seen the movie so I’d probably rent this but I’m sure even rental will have the demo. Right? :D

D-Squad3 said:

October 28th, 9:52 pm

I just don’t get why District 9?

jaserious said:

October 28th, 11:57 pm

An odd choice to include this demo with this movie.

In regards to the GOW collection. Why would you guys have a voucher as opposed to including it on the bluray disc?

stri said:

October 29th, 1:56 am

@ 108 Jaserious:

I would like to know the answer to that as well.

ringedingdong said:

October 29th, 2:15 am

Nice idea! Could you confirm that the movie and the demo are region free?

NeoGuardian86 said:

October 29th, 2:41 am

lol.. i’ve already pre-ordered God of War Collection and God of War 3, and i was planning on picking up District 9 anyways for Blu-Ray (my personal favorite movie of the year so far)

Apnomis said:

October 29th, 3:33 am

Well it took you long enough… ;)

I’ve always said you guys should have been doing things like this for years! I mean it was common to have the PC demo of a movie tie-in game on the DVD, so it made perfect sense to me to have the PS3 demo on Blu-ray?

There have been so many previous opportunities to do this with previous Sony films and PS3 game tie-ins why has it taken so long? And I wouldn’t mind but I’m struggling to see how District 9 even fits with God of War III (aside from giving the film a sales boost from GoW fans).

The only other time I’ve seen something like this was a Sony film that also included a free XMB theme based on Resi Evil Degeneration.

Hopefully this will become the norm in future…

AgentSnodgrass said:

October 29th, 6:40 am

I am completely and totally uninterested in the God of War 3 demo. I would not mind seeing the movie itself, as I have heard good things about it. But I have no reason to care about God of War 3 because the first two GOW’s had no subtitle option. This is something Sony could have easily corrected in the upcoming God of War collection, but for some indiscernible reason, they have failed to do so. Sony must not be interested in getting any money from the 10% of the population that is deaf or hearing impaired (according to the National Association of the Deaf).
Seriously, it really sucks to be frozen out of an experience that I have heard so many good things about over the years. Even if God of War 3 has subtitles, how can I throughly enjoy it without having experienced the first two games in the saga? Imagine trying to watch Return of the Jedi without seeing the first two Star Wars movies. Why are subtitles/closed captions, though increasingly common, not a universal feature in all new releases by now?

SeriousAbe321 said:

October 29th, 8:17 pm

Heck yes!!! im so gonna get this, not cuz of the GOW3 Demo but because this is and awesome movie. Hope they keep up the hybrids.

OsK_139 said:

October 29th, 10:07 pm

YO YO WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!

Please tell me i’m reading these replies,by this Ken Chan guy, right.Is it me or does the replies don’t answer the question the ppl are asking?If anything, it’s getting me more confused about the whole demo unlock thing…

XxTheReaperxX said:

October 31st, 2:25 am

I saw the movie six times in theaters (I saw it 4 times on someone else’s dollar, and the two times I paid for it, it was $4.00 per ticket). It was incredible. I was planning on getting it on blu-ray anyway, but… wow. Could the deal possibly get any better?

krebs01 said:

October 31st, 7:34 am

GOW III tera demo open to everyone at some point?

krebs01 said:

October 31st, 7:35 am

GOW III demo open to everyone at some point?

lunalicrichard said:

October 31st, 12:49 pm

@ ken chen ; why didnt you answer my qeustion ?? the only reply’s i’ve seen are on positive feedback !! that’s lame and doesnt suit a major company like sony.
i am a big fan of the g.o.w games, thats why i’m so mad çause we in europe are getting the run around and nobody will give up a straight answer !! what’s up with that ???

lunalicrichard said:

October 31st, 12:50 pm

its question,by the way. sorry for that.

PAGE 1 2 3