God of War

Oct 28

Oct 28

Update: SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

Mark Rogers's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, SCEA

Hi Everyone,

We want to give you an update on SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3‘s release date. It will now be available on January 12, 2010. The PSP title’s development is on schedule and we are extremely pleased with all aspects of the title. It’s looking and playing great…some high value visual assets (screens and video) have only recently been made available to global marketing and we have decided to move the release and allow time to get the word out to everyone.

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 image 1

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 image 2

In case you haven’t yet seen it, you can check out the latest Fireteam Bravo 3 hit over at GameSpot.

I understand that this move is disappointing to some in the community, however as a result, you will be seeing a lot more of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 in the following weeks! – stay tuned.

Mark Rogers
The SOCOM Team

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

willtheshake said:

October 28th, 11:06 am

How about Socom 4..or at least any thing on Confrontation?

GordaoPreguicoso said:

October 28th, 11:06 am

Where is 1.6? For the love of God hurry up!

GordaoPreguicoso said:

October 28th, 11:08 am

Please pass a message to the PS3 developing team that we want the 1.6 patch and DLC before the next coming.

sscoolChea said:

October 28th, 11:12 am

If there is one community who is getting the shaft is

The socom community

SuperScorpion said:

October 28th, 11:16 am

This is why they should give out Release Date’s and yeah Where’s the 1.6 Info Screw the PSP Game’s there not like a PS3 Game.

SuperScorpion said:

October 28th, 11:18 am

I Ment Not give out Release Date’s . Im typing on a PS3 Sorry for Error’s.

commedieu said:

October 28th, 11:24 am

Socom is the biggest played franchise on PSN, yet the people who spent the money on the game bought a beta thats still not finished.

How about you actually address these issues Mark?

Because I’m not buying another socom related product in the future based on Sony & Slant6’s attitude towards the problem.No one has apologized for the condition Socom was released, no one has even mentioned it. You get deleted if you do.

I’m glad you all have this great PSP campaign, but keep in mind without the socom community, you aren’t going to move as many copies of the game without SOCOM FANS buying it.

It makes me sick because I definitely enjoy all of the sony products & the PS3. But its nonsense to keep pretending there isn’t a constant outcry in regards to confrontation is asinine.

Sekoku said:

October 28th, 11:26 am

Fool me once…

I’ll pass. Esp. after the Slant Six fiasco.

GordaoPreguicoso said:

October 28th, 11:33 am

So….Who is going to develop SOCOM 4? We promise not to tell.

GordaoPreguicoso said:

October 28th, 11:35 am

So any one going to watch the world series?

Thought I would change the subject since no one cares about this game.

Appo said:

October 28th, 11:37 am

Mark, were you at PAX? I met some producer at PAX. Don’t know if it was you. lol

Anyways, the game is really fun. Will prolly pick it up.

Jasko45 said:

October 28th, 11:38 am

Wow…right when I was getting pumped for when I get my Brand New psp, and a copy of SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 3.
I actually enjoy SOCOM Confrontation sooo wheres the news on 1.6 and the DLC?!

LordRaoh said:

October 28th, 11:44 am

Pass..

want to keep the socom franchise alive?

Reissue Socom 1, 2 and 3 remastered. Work on Socom 4 with campaign mode included. give it a bigger budget. larger dev support. dont allow the deve working on socom for the ps3 to take time out to work on the psp version.

sTaB_u_N_uR_i said:

October 28th, 11:47 am

ZOMG!!11! Thats sooooo much better then playing the actual game!!!

THANKS!!!

…………

C-DaBurna-B said:

October 28th, 11:50 am

Why dont you fix your already broken game(Socom Confrontation) before releasing another broken game?

This game will have low sales due to the work thats been done on Confrontation. Hell you guys shouldn’t have even gotten approved to make another Socom after you butchered the last one.

Boycott this game and this company!

GordaoPreguicoso said:

October 28th, 12:04 pm

So Mark, how long until Seth screws up MAG? We all know it is going to happen.

DANO69 said:

October 28th, 12:09 pm

LOL…SLANT 6’s FAILURE’S WILL NEVER END…I also blame you SONY for not supporting this franchise properly since SOCOM 3….I won’t be buying anything from this franchise ever again until….THINGS CHANGE 360 DEGREES..NEW DEVELOPER,NEW DEVELOPEMENT MANAGER (SETH) ETC. I’m through with this series until then !!!!

shack_up said:

October 28th, 12:15 pm

Ha HA HA I’m Loving it. Suck SIX does it again. At least you are consistent, you’re a sorry excuse for a developer. Get the word out? The word is already out you scrubs, why don’t you just scratch FTB3 and move onto a remake of pong!!! [DELETED] you might screw that up too. congrats on the laughing stock of the gaming community award SUCK SIX!!!!

Viprdude said:

October 28th, 12:21 pm

SOCOM? MAG > SOCOM.

Zipper has moved on to bigger and better things!

mister1337 said:

October 28th, 12:50 pm

Do yourself a favor and announce a date for Dissidia

Metellica505 said:

October 28th, 1:07 pm

So whens Dissidia coming out by the way?

PsyTruck said:

October 28th, 1:11 pm

@10 GordaoPreguicoso

I’m watching it for sure. I have the Yankees winning a much hard fought series in Game 7. Yeah it should be a good World Series. Jay-Z should be performing in Game 1 so that’s kind of cool I guess.

Oh this.

Uh yeah…I’m not getting this either and I don’t think it’s the move that’s pissing people off. Ha Ha. Good luck though.

VanilaGorila-x- said:

October 28th, 1:17 pm

WOW, you S:C cry babies need to get a life.

Peace,
VG

StrboyMo said:

October 28th, 1:20 pm

Wow, you guys are being harsh…and I guess its mostly deserved..I havent touched Socom for months now…I always believe they would fix it. But wow still broken huh

Well i’ll say this. the devs only have themselves to blame, It seems like more people would be satisfied with just some correspondence ….guess it will be another couple of months before I touch socom again.

MaGeeK-mAn said:

October 28th, 1:21 pm

One very important question:
Will there be a demo or multiplayer beta released before that date?

Wiscompton said:

October 28th, 1:45 pm

Mark Mark Mark. Do you enjoy it when your plane is delayed and you get to spend more time in the terminal listening to the gate agents scream into the microphones? Because this is essentially the same thing as your lame closing line.. We effectively get MORE ADVERTISING rather than actually playing the game.

Wiscompton said:

October 28th, 1:46 pm

@17:

Please review your math. A 360 will leave you right where you began. You likely meant a 180. Sorry, this is an annoyance of mine that hurts my brain when I hear dumb people try and use math to appear smart.

cowboyd21 said:

October 28th, 2:04 pm

@ 27 LOL hahahaha I like the comment

PSN_Tokeio said:

October 28th, 2:04 pm

I think it’s time to just end this series. Delay after delay. Just put it out of it’s misery.

losetheshizzle said:

October 28th, 2:05 pm

I’m with everyone else commenting on this blog and every other blog out there that has anything to do with SOCOM. On PS3 SOCOM Confrontation is the only game of its kind. It has a monopoly on the market. Why do you think Slant is giving us all the finger?

ExPresident said:

October 28th, 2:06 pm

Won’t ever purchase a /6 product again. Sony and /6 can both look at Socom Confrontation for the reason why. You failed the community.

Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me.

There won’t be a second time.

losetheshizzle said:

October 28th, 2:28 pm

This blog entry truly was a big slap in all of our faces.. If we get a release date that is within a reasonable timeframe, and when it finally passes and the DLC and 1.6 actually correct the mess; I might buy slant again. But not until that litmus test is passed.

Se7enthSign said:

October 28th, 3:18 pm

In case you guys didn’t already know, Modern Warfare 2 will have a 3rd person option in multiplayer. Now if Slant Six and Sony would be so kind as to “loan” Infinity Ward/Activision the rights to maps like Desert Glory, Fish Hook, and Frostfire, you guys won’t have to worry about any more flame parties over Socom!

BigBoss712 said:

October 28th, 3:31 pm

The good old socom is long gone..

ndw4 said:

October 28th, 3:34 pm

This game is gonna get OWNED in January. Wow do they have mental people working there? Come on.

my_katamari said:

October 28th, 3:59 pm

@34 Its sad that Zipper let it go to a team that just destroyed the SOCOM games. I am no longer buying a SOCOM game unless it has Zippers name on it. Slant 6 = Destroys a games reputation.

Den_of_Iniquity said:

October 28th, 4:01 pm

Hey this is for people with psp’s who like the psp socom series, it has nothing to do with the ps3. So stop complaing about how incomplete confrontation was and how bad of a job slant six did. They made tactical strike a great game, i think they can make socom 3 amazing. So all you guys that are complaing get off their back!!!

MooseDog_00 said:

October 28th, 4:06 pm

i know guys yall are complete idiots, dont run to a psp version of a game to thrash it and complain about an update for the PS3 version

SyphonFilter- said:

October 28th, 4:38 pm

Hey you guys get Zipper after MAG to make SOCOM 4. we are mad at slant 6 for not delivering a real socom experience. It’s been a while.

ledzep96 said:

October 28th, 6:06 pm

if seeing alot more means a demo then i can wait but this is still insanely STUPID! way to f things up /6

MeanMrMustard said:

October 28th, 6:20 pm

I cannot believe Zipper made MAG. Been playing the beta for a week now. It’s CoD with more people. Run, shoot, die, respawn, repeat. MAG is horrible, Socom is a mess. I’m just dumbfounded at the whole situation. I don’t know how any of you will ever be able to rebound from this, but another post telling of a delay wasn’t it. I could go on for a very long time about whats wrong and what needs to be fixed. So hey, Sony, messesage me and we’ll discuss it. Maybe I can help, you know sometimes talking to your customers helps.

Erdie said:

October 28th, 6:44 pm

I hope it’s on par with the Zipper FTBs.

D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E said:

October 28th, 6:49 pm

i hope they dont sell one god d@mn game, i still want my money back for socom confrontation. what a joke this company is, and no feed back for months and months, wheres all the DLC 1-3 months o wait wheres the game i heard about before buying it??? thank god for U2, dragon age: origins and other badass games coming out

D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E said:

October 28th, 6:50 pm

will never buy a /six game again, i wnat my money back from confrontation, false advertisment right there

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

October 28th, 7:54 pm

FAIL…

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

October 28th, 8:03 pm

Slant six is not going to last much longer as a business. They have alienated the Socom Fan base. That is the wrong thing to do. Yeah maybe they were thinking they were trying their best but they changed to much of the game. Socom 2 to Socom Combined Assault while Lacking in great graphics (although they were stunning for their time) had amazing game play. This current iteration of Socom has the graphics kinda but not the game play.
If i was their owner, I would scout for new and better talent to FIX the game. I would promptly hand out pink slips to the current team.

I am totally Done with Socom until Zipper Releases Socom 4: United Front.

Possibly due in mid to late 2011….

anticulture said:

October 28th, 8:20 pm

Please, please, please, please, please include the controls from the Syphon Filter PSP games (move with face buttons; aim with the stick; hold L to focus aim and hold R to fire). This is the only thing that will convince me to even consider purchasing.

Also, Slant Six should stop making video games. Sorry guys, you’re just not very good at it. :(

jimfear said:

October 28th, 8:30 pm

I would like to know if this socom will be broken like the one on the ps3 when he came out?

N1-Mass_Murderer said:

October 28th, 8:50 pm

Hopefully this is as good as ftb1 and 2

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

October 28th, 9:00 pm

sant six RUINED SOCOM..do they have a chance to make it up to us? YES ..how u ask..BY DOING THINGS ON TIME!!!!! they are so..and i mean SO LUCKY they have SOCOM..they must have some good connections with SONY or something..becuz they just keep messing up and SONY keeps supporting them…ooh well..guess im just going to have to deal with the BullShip…and WAIT for UNDATED DLC.:/

PAGE 1 2