PS4-The Order

Fat Princess: Her Majesty Gifts Unto Thee …

Deborah Mars's Avatar + Posted by Deborah Mars on Oct 29, 2009 // Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

Hear ye, hear ye … calling all Fat Princess fans!

Last week the good people over at Titan Studios announced on this here blog the completion and imminent release of Patch 1.03 and the highly anticipated Demo.

Alas, the time has come and we are pleased to announce that the patch and demo will be out on the PlayStation Network today.

Fat Princess New Pork

In case you didn’t hear, Patch 1.03 contains a brand new map, New Pork, which we’re providing absolutely free. Yep, FREE. We’re extremely grateful to all the fans for their support of Fat Princess and we hope that many of you will spread the love and entice your friends who have not yet tried the game to give it a go.

We hope our beloved royal subject is only going to get bigger and better, and you all play a major part in making that happen. So thanks for your support, enjoy New Pork, and keep the feedback coming.

Until then, and as always…

Cake for everyone,
The Fat Princess Team

Fat Princess New Pork

+ Xoonaka on October 29th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

Love the confetti feature. Thanks for that. Blood just doesn’t do it for me.

…those character models really need to be redone though. I still hate that art.

+ memberop on October 29th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

Inquiry:

For those that haven’t purchased the game, and
want to later down the road. Will the main
game download now include the patch? Or
will they have to download the patch separately?

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on October 29th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

The patch is a separate download…but we hope this doesn\’t get in the way of your decision. :-)

+ angelspawn77 on October 29th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

thanks guys! i will definitely be online today! u guys r awesome

+ jqtaxpayer on October 29th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

Nice… will be sure to check out the demo, I’ve heard some good things. Just wish demos would come out at the same time as the games.

+ Se7enthSign on October 29th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

Very cool. This is still a fun little game. It’s going to have a hard time fighting for my playing time with Uncharted 2 out there and MW2 around the corner, but it’s still holding it’s own.

For everyone who doesn’t already have this game, go ahead and get it.

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on October 29th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

You tell them. (And thanks for your support.)

+ jwspiker on October 29th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

any chance you guys will unlock the save games with an update? would really like to take my save game to a friends house!!

+ plaztiksyke on October 29th, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

Does Fat Princess have lossless audio? is it 24-bit?

+ Aotar on October 29th, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

Thanks guys!!!! :D Love ya Titan Studios!

+ spunnups on October 29th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

Really appreciate the free maps. I’m happy to support developers that support us!

+ Tymme on October 29th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

Waiting on the demo, but will probably buy this to support your decision of including DLC for free vs. a paid add-on. It’s nice to see that not everyone is going the route of micropurchases.

+ MonkeyGibber on October 29th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

we HAVE the princess!

+ Andorski-G on October 29th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

Any deals coming along with the patch… for those who haven’t bought the game yet?

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on October 29th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

Well…there *is* a free map. We think that\’s a pretty nice deal. And loads of other cool stuff added via patch 1.03.

+ CRONIC_GAMER on October 29th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Cake time fatty!

+ DTXSFC on October 29th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

What’s up with the PSP version? Cake please!

+ Schobeleth on October 29th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

I can’t wait. I’m gonna get it tonight, I’ll see you guys online!

+ Metellica505 on October 29th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

I love this game. Play it all the time, nice map!

+ SPOOKULA209 on October 29th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

I played a little last night. I will definately be getting back into this game

+ dotCody on October 29th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

@1
Free DLC? It’s a game patch, that you’re required to download and install in order to even play the game. Free DLC is actual DLC that you choose to download from the Playstation Store, like the MCLA South Central Map.

+ SpyDudeFX on October 29th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

Very cool, but she’s a princess so she is Her Royal Highness lol HM is reserved for the monarch.

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on October 29th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

Shame on us. We stand corrected.

+ XgargunoX on October 29th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

OMG the title sucks… Were doing a Romeo and Juliet play in language and I hate it… But I love fat princess and I already played this map and it’s awesome as long with the updated classes.. Add me as a friend peeps!!!

+ NDC89 on October 29th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

Everything about this game screams play me this just amps that effect up. Thank You titanstudios your heroes.

+ RogueCommando on October 29th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Hey, what about split screen? this is a game you play with your friends sharing a couch. online – great splitscreen – seeing your friends reactions as you beat them to death in a bloody mess? priceless

+ Chris_Dynamite on October 29th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Thank you Titan Studios for the free map, when things are free, i am happy.

+ afdgsfdgnb on October 29th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

No disc, no sale.

+ SpyDudeFX on October 29th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

lol Deb. Just played on New Pork, what a great free map. Very cool, the confetti is awesome, the game is awesome. Great patch, tons of cool new stuff. Looking forward to paid content too, so hope you launch that soon!

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on October 29th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

Big smiles all around.

+ CepinTaxt on October 29th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

@ 74 afdgsfdgnb

The Dude:
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

+ ExPresident on October 29th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

Excellent news here and awesome job with the FREE map guys. I purchased Fat Princess day one and when you show the community your thanks for that support by offering us a Free map you almost guarantee (from me anyway) that I’m buying your next game…. why?

Because respect is a two way street. You could have made money off this map but instead you offered it to people who purchased your game for free and I will return that respect by saying thanks, great product, I’ll watch your future games and purchase them to.

Good work.

+ Ecks on October 29th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

I was hoping that the save files would be unlocked. I lost all my customization items and gladiate progress when I had to get my PS3 repaired. :( I had gotten all the trophies except the gladiate one, so I played a LOT, and all gone! Why is the save locked???

+ emjayx on October 29th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

This is awesome, I just played it and wow all these work and you’re giving it to us for free, props!

+ aztec23 on October 29th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

Wheres the store update?

+ PullusPardusUS on October 29th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

Tasty update!

+ awsome_robot on October 29th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

why a demo now and not when it launched? ( just curious )

+ Irishmandkg on October 29th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

So store update anyone???

+ KainDrake on October 29th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

what about the candy-blood?

+ Dinkelheimer on October 29th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

I just picked this game up last week, having a great time with it. Having one problem though, it only plays in stereo sound. None of my other games are in stereo, only this one. Any ideas what could be wrong?

+ SpyDudeFX on October 29th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Wow Deb, I feel special. I got two replies from a VIP haha

+ InfinitiProject on October 29th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

Store update! Where is the store update!

+ PSN_Tokeio on October 29th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

Again, just proof that SCEA has a completely broken system for store updates.

+ Irishmandkg on October 29th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

Were is the store update Sony? Why does it take so long every week.

+ LegendaryPhoenix on October 29th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

Why do idiots like you, bitch about stuff not even related to the post.

The person to whom I am referring is Irishmandkg.

+ punk182fannfg on October 29th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

uuuggh! yeah so i cant even try this demo out! its almost 8pm! the store is normally updated at 5pm every thursday! i wonder whats going on?!

+ glody on October 29th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

So where’s thursdays ps store update??

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Available now!

+ MedaRayn on October 29th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

Oh yeah, cool

=D

I expect that some update with new characters and game modes comes someday

+ ADR143 on October 29th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

yay! cake for every one!

+ Quamina on October 29th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

Fat princess does it again!!!

+ CJSgamer on October 29th, 2009 at 10:41 pm said:

I am 100% sure this demo came out ages ago..
in fact ive got it on my ps3 from at least last month!
what gives?

+ wolverine67 on October 30th, 2009 at 12:22 am said:

slight problem. when i launch the game it says there’s an update, but when i click o.k. it freezes up then the PS3 makes some funky noise then boots me back to the XMB??????

+ Shadow-Man_4 on October 30th, 2009 at 1:02 am said:

All i can say about the demo is AWESOME!!! Thank you guys, and i may be buying the game in the near future when i get the psn cards :)

+ WawErik on October 30th, 2009 at 4:45 am said:

In celebration of this I will make ACTUAL cake and eat while I play. Me and the princess will get fat side by side.

What a Glorious day it is.

And just in time for my least favourite “holiday”.

Thank you Titan!

+ BPTkid09 on October 30th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

is FP gonna have ingame music or like be editted so we hear our own music from the ps3XD lol