PS4 - Destiny

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Launches Today!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on Oct 29, 2009 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Greetings PlayStation Bloggers!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP

Today is a grand day in Loco history as LocoRoco Midnight Carnival hits the PSN! As I’ve stated in my last few blog posts, Midnight Carnival is full of great new features to satisfy your “tilt and roll” needs! But one of the biggest things this game brings is….competition. Now I’m not just talking about the multiplayer feature we went over on Monday where I took Kumi out. :) I’m talking about competition on a global scale! With Midnight Carnival, you can finally test your skills against the best in the world via the new online Global Leaderboard.

For those of you who can’t find a LocoRoco opponents locally, check out the Global Leaderboard (accessible via Infrastructure mode) to compete with the top players from around the globe. The top five players will be given the option to upload their replay save for bragging rights. Those who don’t rank in the top 5 can download those replays for possible tips on improving their game. Talk about showing your LocoRoco supremacy!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival PSP Demo

For those of you who are sitting the fence, not to worry. We are releasing a Demo today, and a new PSP Wallpaper next week to further wet your appetite! If you don’t pick up LocoRoco Midnight Carnival after that, well I just don’t know what else I can do….

Oh wait! How about these?

Mask for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP Mask for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP Mask for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP

Now you can celebrate LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Day AND Halloween together!

Merry Trick or Treating!

PAGE 1 2

+ dragonarya on October 29th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Sweet, demos are always welcome. Will make sure to check this out.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Great! I\’m sure you will come back for more!

+ Ethereal on October 29th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Sweet! can’t wait to pick this up…LocoRoco is awesome.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Thank you!

I really hope you enjoy!

+ depward on October 29th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

So awesome. Downloading the full game immediately when it pops on the PSN Store update.

And I DO BELIEVE I’ll be printing out one of the faces and give it a whirl for Halloween.

Thanks! And here’s to great success with the Midnight Carnival release!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

Many thanks for the kind words!
    We really hope you enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival.

(and of course the masks)

+ katsuo7171 on October 29th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

Sweet, demos are always awesome. Will make sure to check this out.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Yes, please do!

+ krae_man on October 29th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

I’ll wait for a sale. I own a PSP Go, but I will not support overpriced downloadable games.

Please realise you are overcharging and change your pricing stratagy asafp.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

At $14.99 for this game, I truly don\’t agree this is overpriced… :-(

+ katsuo7171 on October 29th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Sweet! I’ll check it out, when I get a PSP 2 or 4000.

I don’t want to buy a Go or 3000. They both have a flaw…

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

flaw?

+ katsuo7171 on October 29th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Word Press error….

+ depward on October 29th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

@5 – it’s not overpriced. It’s pretty much a full LocoRoco release. And seeing as how LocoRoco 1 + 2 were released at budget prices already, $14.99 is a FANTASTIC price.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Ditto! Thank you!

+ IceColdEskimo on October 29th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

Mind if i ask why you guys update the store so late in the day? I live in CA and it doesn’t update until like 4-5pm

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Good question/point.

We\’ll see what we can do.

+ nickert0n on October 29th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Bah dum ba dum ba da checker ba dum ba dum ba dum ba dum! =)

+ SickMinder on October 29th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

I’ll be getting this game on UMD, awesome series and should be the trademark for the PSP.

But I can’t help myself from wanting a 1080p-version on my PS3 =) I don’t think it would be THAT hard.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Sorry, LocoRoco Midnight Carnival is a PSN only title on a global basis. We hope you still consider!

As for PS3, your requests are heard.

However, I\’d like to add development for PSP versus PS3 is quite significant. Sadly, it is THAT hard..

But, we\’ll see how things turn out!

+ ghamdikh1 on October 29th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

@Tsubasa Inaba

when can we expect LocoRoco game space to

launch in HOME.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 30th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Oops. looks like my response disappeared? Sorry!

We\’re on it now, and hope to follow up w/ more news in the near future! Stay tuned!

+ lukeike on October 29th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Inaba, I just wanted to say that I appreciate how you reply to many of the comments made in your posts.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Why, thank you! We appreciate your comments too!

Just making sure our fans/readers catch as much detail as possible from our blog posts.

Enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival!!!

+ explosive78 on October 29th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

wow a simple game like this is that hard to develop for the ps3. That doesnt sound good.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Just trying to explain it\’s not as easy as pressing a button :-)

+ Viper7 on October 29th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Any info about the game size yet?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

I\’m on it!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

Hi there, sorry for the delay on this.

The required space on your memory stick will be 190MB.

Thank you for your patience!

+ Ramage on October 29th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

I just realized you totally responded to all but ONE comment (by comment 12) That is truly amazing.

Also, LocoRoco is amazing. I haven’t been keeping up with Midnight Carnival but I’ll have to catch up soon. Right now I’m low on funds(thanks to all those buy 2 get 1 free sales) but this is a definite MUST BUY!

Also, thank you so much for making this release digital. I was totally bummed when I had to purchase a UMD for LR2

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Thank you for your support.

I believe we have LocoRoco 2 in digital format now, also.

For LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, I\’d recommend getting the demo for now. When you are ready the in-game will take you to the store to purchase the full game.

+ tylerdurden30 on October 29th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Can’t wait for the update, this will be the first thing I download! Great job guys and thank you.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

No no, Thank YOU!

+ megamixer on October 29th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Definetely checking this out later today. Those cutout masks are adorable. Seems like you guys really know how to bring the fun in and outside of games :)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Yes, diggin the masks myself.

Pat on the back for our marketing team, good thinking!

+ TuxBobble on October 29th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Day 1 sale for Tsubasa’s enthusiasm, positive word of mouth, and an outstanding visual/aural appeal! Ah, I feel as if I am becoming enlightened in the ways of the…Loco? …the Roco?

The LocoRoco!!!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Thank you my friend!

I really hope you have a good time with this game!

+ krae_man on October 29th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

Comparred to Locoroco 2 UMD, Its not worth $15.

You’ve already established “this has less content then Locoroco 2 therefore it it isn’t worth as much as Locoroco 2″

How much does the UMD, Packaging, Manual and Retailer Cut cost? I bet its way more then the bandwidth cost of downloading the game.

You cannot just turn those eliminated expenses into prue profit.

Food companies may have been able to maintain the higher prices from back when Gas prices were through the roof. You can’t get away with that.

Seriously, I get your “I worked hard on this game, its worth $100″ mentality, but that doesn’t change reality.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

Sorry, I have nothing more to say…

+ TuxBobble on October 29th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

Also, I’d like to point out @5, this is definitely not an “overpriced” game.

I’ll admit there are many games that shouldn’t be as expensive as they are on PSN, but $15 for a game is VERY reasonable. Some of the $30-40 games are ridiculous, and even above $20 I become hesitant, but $14.99? That’s the sweet spot right there.

I do find disappointment when games are more expensive on PSN than at retail, but I personally am fine paying the same price for PSN as for UMD. As long as it’s not MORE, I’m fine with it.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

THANK YOU!

+ Enforcer_X on October 29th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

My wife and I LOVE these games!
I am excited for the accessories.
I can’t believe the game is only $14.99.
And FREE masks so I can not only PLAY LocoRoco I can BE a LocoRoco for Halloween too!
Plus the replies from Mr. Inaba really is the icing on the cake, so to speak.
We just need some LocoRoco candies!
SCEA Santa Monica is top notch!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

Thanks for the love and support!

Happy Halloween, and Happy LocoRoco!

+ almighty-slayer on October 29th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

I’m European so i’m downloading the demo right now :)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

Lucky you!

Time difference is giving you the edge eh?

+ RPKK on October 29th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

YES! I’ll be picking this up later today!

&I know its already been said, but a PS3 version of LocoRoco using the Sixaxis controls would AWESOME! :)

&One more thing, this blog post gets a 5 out 5 rating for the cool masks. :D

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

Thanks for the support!

Enjoy!!!

+ krae_man on October 29th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

I know you dont decide the price, Its just very dissapointing when very few publishers/developers get it.

Sidhe got it right with charging $8 for Shatter and pricing it comparable(or even cheaper in the UK) elsewhere in the world instead of taking advantage of historically higher game prices in certain regions like so many do.

+ Dark_Yoda_313 on October 29th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

Goodness me, some people have an overflow of vitriol today! I’m not a fan of the LR games, but I can see the appeal.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

I recommend you try our demo for starters!

+ Dark_Yoda_313 on October 29th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

And is this not the day that Fat Princess gets an update + new map?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

Apparently so?

But don\’t forget LocoRoco Midnight Carnival please!!!

+ krae_man on October 29th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

So Tsubasa You have to reply to every post do you?

I should test this…

Tsabasa is a … Nah :p

+ katsuo7171 on October 29th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Oh yea when I say flaw I don’t real mean they have one. I like both designs but there’s just something there that hasn’t really convinced me with both yet.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Gotcha.

I have been using the PSP-3000 for a little over 1 year, but am quite happy with it.

I\’m waiting for my PSP go.
    Looking forward to a true and full \”pocket-sized\” game device.

Hope you make up your mind on the hardware. You\’ll be missing out on the LocoRoco fun!

+ FULLGORR on October 29th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Awesome! I just got a PSP 3000 and bought Loco Roco 2 and Patapon 2 on PSN (Both are AMAZING o say the least!) One question though, how large is the download? Should I pick up a memory stick on my way home?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

Nice!

The file size will be roughly 190MB.
    I hope you will have enough space on your memory stick?

Thanks for the previous purchases too.
    I\’m sure you will enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival!

+ DZORMAGEN on October 29th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

When will this game hit the PS3?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

I ask the same. We shall see :-)

+ depward on October 29th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

First of all, a price-point is merely an initial barrier during the purchasing thought-process. For example, I would pay $60 for a Monster Hunter game on the PSP. Why? Because I get that much enjoyment out of those games.

Luckily, for those that do not agree with the current price-point, you have a demo to play and see for yourself if LocoRoco Midnight Carnival is worth $14.99 for you.

For a LocoRoco fan such as myself, $14.99 is definitely worth it for a worthy title that comes with more LocoRoco bouncing goodness and NEW features.

I don’t get how people can go off on how much a developer / publisher should charge for a game. You have no idea how many hours it took to make a game a reality. You don’t know the process it took for this game to come from concept to release. The price point was most likely deliberating on for quite some time to make it the most fair for both the consumer and the developer. To those that are commenting about the price: how would you like someone to comment about whatever product / service you may be involved in for your job, saying how it’s overpriced and ridiculous?

Can’t we all just LocoRoco along?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

WOW! Thanks, you just hit that one out of the park for me :-)

Happy LocoRoco! Enjoy!!!

+ Tridon on October 29th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Looks awesome. Makes me wish I still had a PSP. It’d sure be great if you guys would make a traditional LocoRoco game for the PS3. I’d buy it in an instant. Cocoreccho (or however you spell it) was not my cup of tea.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Great excuse to get a new one, no?! (PSP)

Thank you for your interest in a PS3 version of LocoRoco. As with the others, your request is noted and will be shared with the respective parties within.

+ HouseMorton on October 29th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Isn’t this suppsoed to be one of the new style of cheap tiny bite sized psp games? They left out the cheap…

On the other hand, you guys rule, and Locoroco wil always be one of my favorite series. Keep up the good work, and… PS3 version please!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Thank you!!!

Although this isn\’t a sequel to LocoRoco 2, this is still a legit and full game. We hope you will enjoy it, as you did with the other titles from our series!

+ HouseMorton on October 29th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

P.S. Thanks so much for the masks- my kids will go nuts for those.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Me too! For kids and grown ups altogether!

+ HouseMorton on October 29th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

So… are you saying this ISN’T one of those new PSP mini game things then?
This is considered a full release? If so, $15 is right on the money.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Correct! :-)

+ IceCold on October 29th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

Another game added to the “when they drop the pspgo price I’ll buy list”

Keep it up!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Hmm.. THAT (sadly) I can\’t help you on.. :-(

+ crowsticky1234 on October 29th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

I can’t wait for this demo because by looking at the gameplay, it looks like this is going to be one of the most enjoyable games on the PSP and maybe one of the high-rated games like the highly-anticipated Patapon 2 that released on May.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

Great!

Hope you like the demo and decide to go for the full purchase!

+ Kodaime on October 29th, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

Love LocoRoco! Will be checking this out. Also, any word on your next project?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Thank you!!!

Next project? Which one!? I have many :-)

+ datoupee on October 29th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

It’s funny to read comments from people who think that $15 is a lot for this game.

I assume that these are younger folks who have yet to establish a sense of how much everyday items cost in the US economy.

Movie ticket = $10 – $20 (depending on location)
DVD = $5 – $20
Value Meal = $5 – $8
Decent Restaurant Meal = $15 – $40+

For a game to cost only $14.99 is just awesome especially since it will provide you with countless hours of entertainment. How can you go wrong with that ? It’s amazing that games are becoming this cheap. You almost start to feel bad knowing that developers spend so much time creating a game and it sells for nearly the same price as an item you would find in a supermarket.

C’mon people, let’s stop with all the price comments already. If you can’t afford the game then that’s one thing but don’t bad mouth the developers for your own financial status. All PSN games are extremely reasonable in price.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

Thanks again for the strong support! Spot on!

+ T3mpr1x on October 29th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

LOL 34 comments in a row when I wrote this one, way to go Tsubasa! :)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

Thanks for the thumbs up!
    Hope you enjoy LocoRoco Midnight Carnival!

+ xpopxkidx110 on October 29th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

Awesome sause! Can’t wait to download it. I hope it is really good =P

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

I\’m sure you will enjoy it!

+ Phalaina on October 29th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Oh my gosh! This’ll be the best Halloween ever! XD I’m gonna download it as soon as I can. I’m sure it’s going to be just awesome.

Aww, I wish they made one of those cut out things of the green loco roco. He’s so cute ^^! Actually, they’re all cute. So yay!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

Thank you!

Enjoy the game (and masks)!!!

+ Cagalli on October 29th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Off topic, I know, but any word Tsubasa, on when the date for White Knight Chronicles will be announced?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Err.. :-)

I believe we should be speaking to that point in the next month or so. Stay tuned!!!

+ Hutif on October 29th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

It’s been a while since I last picked up my PSP. This looks like a good excuse to do so.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Indeed! I am sure you will find it worthwhile!

+ afdgsfdgnb on October 29th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

No disc – no sale.

+ Vex_Doppel on October 29th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

I am very impressed with your replies. Nice. Your gonna have the record on the blog for most replies.
I know I made some Homemade LocoRocos but any thing official planned for NA?
BTW, you should tell the Patapon department that refridgerator magnets would be awesome! Perfect for Patapons.
Off topic: What are you going as for Halloween?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

Thank you!

I have printed these LocoRoco masks and put them on my office window too :-)

Halloween? Not sure…
    I might have dig up a full racing suit or something?

Sadly I\’ll be busy working away, like any other day :-(

+ El_Flash on October 29th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

wow this game looks pretty sweet, and 14.99 sounds like a perfect price. Will definitely get the demo to try this out, kudos to you Inaba for replying to everybody basically, i think u just won yourself a fan and customer lol.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Thank you, for the comments and kudos ;-p

I\’ll be looking for you and everyone else on the global leaderboards!

+ TriciaFish on October 29th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

hey I am really pumped for Locoroco and whatever other games are coming out, but I have a question: When does the update occur exactly? Cuz i live in Toledo, OH and it is 8:15 pm here and still no PS Store update! Haha It doesn’t bother me, but I figured since you do such an amazing job of answering back that it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Thanks!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Hey there!

Hmm.. Strange..

I would have thought we\’d be live by now?!
    (should have been around 3pm or so Pacific)
    Apologies for the delay…

+ Wompdevil on October 29th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

For those waiting on the store update, if you go into the store and search for “Loco Roco” Midnight Carnival and its demo will show up in the list. This is a good trick for slow store updates

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said: