PS4-The Order

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Launches Today!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on Oct 29, 2009 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Greetings PlayStation Bloggers!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP

Today is a grand day in Loco history as LocoRoco Midnight Carnival hits the PSN! As I’ve stated in my last few blog posts, Midnight Carnival is full of great new features to satisfy your “tilt and roll” needs! But one of the biggest things this game brings is….competition. Now I’m not just talking about the multiplayer feature we went over on Monday where I took Kumi out. :) I’m talking about competition on a global scale! With Midnight Carnival, you can finally test your skills against the best in the world via the new online Global Leaderboard.

For those of you who can’t find a LocoRoco opponents locally, check out the Global Leaderboard (accessible via Infrastructure mode) to compete with the top players from around the globe. The top five players will be given the option to upload their replay save for bragging rights. Those who don’t rank in the top 5 can download those replays for possible tips on improving their game. Talk about showing your LocoRoco supremacy!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival PSP Demo

For those of you who are sitting the fence, not to worry. We are releasing a Demo today, and a new PSP Wallpaper next week to further wet your appetite! If you don’t pick up LocoRoco Midnight Carnival after that, well I just don’t know what else I can do….

Oh wait! How about these?

Mask for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP Mask for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP Mask for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for PSP

Now you can celebrate LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Day AND Halloween together!

Merry Trick or Treating!

PAGE 1 2

+ darthlego on October 29th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

I haven’t really been following this game closely. My favorite part of Loco Roco has always been the minigames. What minigames were included in this version?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

Hey there!

Good Question.

There are 2 mini games.
    LocoBall and BuiBui Crane.

LocoBall:
    This is pretty much a LocoRoco version of Pachinko (a Japanese game similar to pinball, only the table is vertical and there are no flippers). The objective is to launch the LocoRoco into the slots that open up for bonus points.

BuiBui Crane:
    Classic mini-game for the LocoRoco series.
    Try to capture the suggested color of LocoRoco for extra Pickorie points. Pickories can later be used to obtain accessories we mentioned in preious blog posts.

Hope this helps?

Enjoy!!!

+ dragonthingy123 on October 29th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

More questions for you Tsubasa…:P

1. Map maker?

2. Any DLC Planned?

3. Are the leaderboards monitered? There are quite a few retards who hack things like that, and I want to be ensured that all the scores on the board are going to be from real people who fairly got the scores.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 29th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

Hey there!

More questions? Not a problem.
    However, I don\’t have news for you on points 1 & 2, but we will for sure follow up if we can bring good news!

As for the leaderboards, I\’ll check with our teams internally in hope to keep them posts legit.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 30th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

Leaderboard moderation confirmed!

+ jayyy91 on October 29th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

51 Comments // 51 Replies

Wow! Other blog posters should take a lesson from you, Tsubasa.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 30th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

Ha ha, thanks!

I actually enjoy this (obviously).
    It\’s a lot of fun, and I get to hear the \”real\” voices of our fans.

It makes a difference.
    At least for me, it does.

+ TriciaFish on October 29th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

Hey i am back! I was going to reply about 30 minutes after my first comment to tell you the store was updated at last, but I got so caught up playing Locoroco I totally forgot! It’s everything i could have hoped for, and what a great price!!! Haha I love Sony, and I love this game! Thanks Tsubasa, and to everyone who worked on this game: Keep up the good work!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 30th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Great! Glad to hear everything worked out, and that you are enjoying LocoRoco Midnight Carnival!

Happy bouncin\’!

+ Fsk-Kain on October 30th, 2009 at 4:01 am said:

Tsubasa Inaba for President!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 30th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

That would be pretty crazy :-)

+ enales on October 30th, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

I now know this game is NOT coming to UMD, so when is it coming to PSN México? I personally don’t play Locoroco at all, but my girlfriend is crazy about it, she has more than 100 hours of gameplay in both Locoroco´s 1 & 2.

Also, can I pay with a credit card in the PSN? It impossible to find PSN Cards here in México and I really want to buy this game for my GF.

Thanks!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 30th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Hi there.

Sorry about that?
    I\’ll check with our teams internally to see why we have not released in Mexico yet.
    (also about payments)

I really hope we can somehow deliver product to you (and your GF!)

Thanks for your patience!

+ Spyroluver88 on October 30th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

I cannot wait until payday so I can pick this one up. I own all of the previous games including the one for the PS3(I wont even attempt to spell it – let alone pronounce it…lol) I think the masks are adorable. I wish there were more swag. Like toys or tshirts (in girls sizes, too) I wasn’t able to score one of those stress balls you guys had a while ago:(
In the meantime thanks for putting out a demo so I can still enjoy LocoRoco until I am able to make the full game purchase!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on October 30th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Thank you!!!

Practice your \”Boing\” skills on the demo levels, you will need it later in the game!

Ditto the request for some more LocoRoco items!

+ LIME_FREAK on October 30th, 2009 at 9:12 pm said:

tsubasa i am glad to see a new loco roco i been a fan since loco roco 1 and loco roco ps3 loco roco 2 umd i plan to buy soon but i am going to try demo then buy it from in game store i hope to see alot more goodness from this series.

+ Ibrahack on October 31st, 2009 at 1:24 am said:

Hopefully i’m getting it today… i tried the demo out and it is extremely funny! I love the vector art! Nice work!
Thanks for replying to all, that is a huge demostration that you care about the customers, that is the mainly reason i’m buying the game.
As a last thing i have to say, i am agree with other members that says the price is quite perfect, i have worked with design over years and 15$ are nothing compared with the hard work you must do to bring this game up to life; please keep the good work up and don’t mind about those comments, it is just people who don’t know about making an effort. You can count me in as a loyal customer!
Thanks a lot!

+ shagzownz on October 31st, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

All I can say is for all those people who complain about the pricing. You spend 15 on this game, The developers spent well over 1,000,000 to publish it out for you to play. If I released a game and put that much in it I would never sell it for 15 it would be alot more than that because I’d want my money back. Now with the time and effort they put in it. Think about all the hours they have to stay away from their families and friends just to put this game on the market? Don’t you think you would spend alittle bit of money on this game if you actually knew the way they have to live?

+ earthboundness1 on November 1st, 2009 at 4:24 am said:

Shagzownz comments and the others are quite right. In England the price is only £11.99 which is an absolute bargain for such an amazing game. To be honest, after playing it for some time I think it is easily the best in the series. I love all the new characters best, like the absolutely massive green owl(epic), and I can’t wait to get some scores on the leaderboards. Everyone should just stop complaining about the price, and appreciate how much time and effort has been spent creating such an awesome game, while putting so much new content into the series. The price would be worth it if the game was just an add on for loco roco that let you use those hats!

+ secondtolate on November 1st, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

hey im having a problem downloading my game for some reason when i purchased loco roco it only gives me a link to download from in the playstation store that says loco roco midnight carnival full game unlock. and once i download the game and try to boot it it says cannot start game from save file? any trouble shooting?

+ earthboundness1 on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

yes, is there any trouble shooting? Cos it wont let me go on the rankings screen, some sort of error. I got some awsome scores, and I want to see if they are as awesome as i think they are. :(

+ smgycsb on November 4th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Hey, I know this isn’t the right place to say this but…

There are a lot of people who wish to see a Japanese voice option and original opening in White Knight Chronicles. Hopefully you will change your decision to not include them. At the very least offer these as DLC on or after release for those who want it.

I hope you’re not too offended by me posting this here.

+ EliteBeatnik on November 5th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

so, after downloading and beating Dolangomeri 2, I am left wondering what is next in store for the mischevious, yet lovable BuiBui. Not to mention where I can find something to help ease the pain of my newly found arthritis.

Quick question, Tsubasa, will there be a soundtrack of sorts for Midnight Carnival?
I frankly love the remixed versions of the regular stage songs, Nyokki Land’s Moinoi Moinoi being the best. I am also wondering if the title theme is the new BuiBui song.

+ gamemasta114 on November 5th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

I usually dont come here to complain about games, if i dont have anything good to say i usually just dont say anything at all. In this case though i had to make an exception. Midnight Carnival is a slap in the face of all Locoroco fans. Why on earth you would crank the difficulty way up on this game and not tell anyone is beyond me. I felt that Locoroco was one of the best franchises on the PSP but this particular game really ruined that for me. I’m not going to bother sitting here coming up with good points about why i dont like this game when it most likely wont be read by anyone important in the developing of Locoroco but, im sorry to say, you’ve lost a huge fan with this game.

+ megamixer on November 5th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Following up on my words from last week I checked out the demo and was instantly hooked! I bought the full version soon after I’m loving it. :) This is my first LocoRoco so everything is brand new to me which has made some levels difficult. My main issue though is something outside of the game.

Why does the save data have to list how many LocoRocos you’ve lost? That kind of thing drives me just a little batty lol. Whenever I am about to lose one I quit all the way out of the game so it doesn’t record that! :p

+ brucpen on November 7th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

WOW!! Looks like a pretty awesome game! Can’t wait to get my hands on it!!!

PAGE 1 2