Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Oct 30

Oct 30

God of War III Ultimate Edition and Pre-Order Items Announced

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

God of War III Ultimate Edition

SCEA and Santa Monica Studios are thrilled to announce the first Ultimate Edition for God of War. Earlier this year, we polled a number of fans on what would make an awesome collector’s edition for God of War. Well, we took your advice and created something epic and filled it with premium collectible and exclusive digital content.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

The Ultimate Edition will feature the following:

Exclusive Collectibles
• High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
• Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews

Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
• God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
• Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
• God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
• God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
• God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).

But it keeps getting better for the fans. Those that pre-order God of War III at select retailers will receive a voucher code for first access to download the God of War III E3 2009 Demo starting today, plus you will receive an exclusive downloadable skin from the following retailers: Amazon, GameCrazy and GameStop.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

And as a special thank you to our Spartan Army members who signed up on www.GodofWar.com, we are sending out a direct email today with one free voucher code to randomly selected fans. So, please make sure you check your email inbox over the weekend to see if you are one of the lucky ones to receive a voucher code allowing you to download this demo instantly from PlayStation Network! Remember, it’s a random selection and only a limited amount of vouchers are being sent out, so good luck.

Thanks again to all the fans for their continued support and enthusiasm for God of War. We are all excited to give you an early taste of what is expected to be one of the biggest games of 2010!

In The End There Will Be Only Chaos…..

For more details on today’s announcement visit godofwar.com

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

lostinplainsight said:

October 30th, 10:09 am

100 bucks? i’ll pass, no way i’m paying that for a plastic box and a bunch of downloads. looks like it’s the vanilla edition for me.

Coramoor_ said:

October 30th, 10:09 am

@140, it really does cost a lot of money to make games, psn and psp games need to spend 15,000 just to get rated by the ESRB, hence the increase in price for those titles

poweredbyzen said:

October 30th, 10:16 am

i just peed my pants from the excitement!

YungShep said:

October 30th, 10:17 am

@151 this is a way to show your appreciation for what the developers have done, i do believe in giving credit where credit is due, this is remarkable, the game is groundbreaking and David Jaffe said it best, the game does look like a painting, but in motion.

SeanScythe said:

October 30th, 10:21 am

so I can get a demo TODAY?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 10:23 am

The GOW III Demo is available for download as soon as you obtain the voucher from any of the retailers supporting the pre-order program

EliteHitokiri said:

October 30th, 10:23 am

I agree, but I wish they would’ve made them a Cd soundtrack collection instead of mp3 dl. I’m wondering though if a bundle is planned? A crimson red ps3 w/ custome artwork would be awesome! I ain’t gonna lie, I’d buy another ps3 if they do!

CoreConspiracy said:

October 30th, 10:25 am

looks awesome, gotta get this!

EliteHitokiri said:

October 30th, 10:26 am

On GS it says the voucher for the demo is avail immediately for in-store reservations and an email will be sent out to online customers in 1-2 business days (while supplies last).

TwinDad said:

October 30th, 10:29 am

@Coramoor

I know it costs a lot of money to make games. But my contention is two fold. If you charge less there will be more people to buy day one, instead more people wait for the bargin bin and/or greatest hits which doesn’t bring in as much money. The second is that they are in charge of production costs. With the world economy the way it is, a bit of belt tightening could possibly lower costs.

Thank you for the ESRB costs. I wasn’t aware there was a fee associated with the ESRB. $15K still does not excuse $10 for a mini game. $4.99 is a fair price. Sell 6000 units and you just got your fees back. Consider this is digital only and you have no middle man to pay.

@YungShep

Groundbreaking? Please it is just Greek Mythology Dynasty Warriors meets dragons Lair. Zero innovation.

Vueguy said:

October 30th, 10:30 am

damn $99, wow not bad, but then again, i’ll take the regular edition.
since i can save the other$40 for another game.

but the price isn’t that expressive.

i think its an awesome package just that i only buy games to play so i’ll let other take the ultimate edition.

deathstroke75 said:

October 30th, 10:36 am

Is there a preorder date at Amazon? did a search and i don’t see it available for preorder on Amazon.

bdawg923 said:

October 30th, 10:38 am

Is Amazon supporting this pre-order thing where we can get the demo today? Because I’ve only seen gamestop links in the comments.

lostinplainsight said:

October 30th, 10:41 am

@154 yeah but i’m still not paying 100 bucks for a fancy plastic box and some dlc. they still got my money just not as much. how is gow3 groundbreaking again?

Dark-General said:

October 30th, 10:44 am

I was wondering is the box actually usable for slaying Gods or you know just holding stuff in it?

wreck_em said:

October 30th, 10:45 am

Please announce a GOW3 PS3 Slim bundle. I’ll pre-order it right now. I wanna buy a PS3 with Kratos’ mugshot all over it. That is all I want this christmas.

Chunky_Ks said:

October 30th, 10:45 am

Only posting the soundtrack as downloadable is really cheap. In fact, *all* that stuff just being downloadable is pretty miserable. It’s not clear on how to download the soundtrack; will I only be able to get it on my PS3? Or on iTunes? Or will it be what would actually be useful, a zipfile full of mp3s?

I’m a raging God of War fan, but this is mostly just disappointing. I’m supposed to spend an extra forty five bucks for a little box, that’s almost certainly just a cheaply manufactured little thing? Meh. Definitely not ordering the 100 dollar bundle until I see how the stuff works out.

SirTrigalot said:

October 30th, 10:46 am

upgrading preorder to this version in 3….2….1….

El_Flash said:

October 30th, 10:48 am

This is EPIC pre-odering as soon as this pops up on amazon!

TwinDad said:

October 30th, 10:52 am

LOL @iTunes

Look at what they did for the Sound tracks already in store (pixel Junk). It downloads as a game. You install the “game”, and it puts the MP3 files (in a folder) in your Audio Folders.

thefil said:

October 30th, 10:56 am

I’ve had the game pre-ordered on Amazon.ca for about a week now. Do I qualify for the demo, or do I have to cancel the order and do it again somewhere else?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:36 pm

We would suggest reaching out to Amazon for more info

SirTrigalot said:

October 30th, 11:01 am

Order confirmed, original GOW3 ordered canceled and replaced.

SeanScythe said:

October 30th, 11:03 am

Got the DEMO code from gamestop just now I will be downloading it tonight.

TenaciousDMAN said:

October 30th, 11:08 am

Question! Maybe you can explain more about the “High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box”? Is it metal or plastic? I’m pumped about this but the Arkham Asylum Batarang was a disappointment.

blackbeard_ said:

October 30th, 11:10 am

good lord… effing awesome! I have the God of War Collection pre-ordered… this is getting preordered to! It comes out just a bit before my birthday. Getting this and GT5 (and a G27 wheel) around the same time.

Damn glad I have a PS3!!!

blueweltall said:

October 30th, 11:13 am

So is Amazon getting the demo too?

nandosupes said:

October 30th, 11:20 am

I’m getting this.

man this game is going to incredible.

ChiBears93 said:

October 30th, 11:20 am

This is going to be my first Limited Edition video game I ever bought. This looks sick, thank you Sony!!!

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 12:21 pm

Happy to offer! It\’s what you guys have been asking for =)

WallsOfPretence said:

October 30th, 11:28 am

Ken Chan quick question are you guys come out with an even better special edition? b/c i do not want to preorder this if theres going to be a better which i will buy. Thank You appreciate it!

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 11:48 am

Sorry for the confusion. There will not be any more special edition releases for the pre-order

avi_66 said:

October 30th, 11:29 am

Does Amazon has the Ultimate edition and the pre-order program? As of now it doesn’t show up anything in the search results except the regular version. Could anyone confirm me if the pre-order program in up on Amazon with all the same benefits of what Gamestop is getting.

CloudStorm87 said:

October 30th, 11:35 am

This truly is an “ultimate” collector’s edition. Would have been even more epic if it contained the upcoming GOW Collections disc in it but nonetheless, this is amazing.

NOW HERE IS THE QUESTION OF THE CENTURY-

Will this be available to us Europeans as well or are we gonna get the shaft as usual?

For once, please answer me Sony.

Mobstylez said:

October 30th, 11:47 am

Looks great! Where’s the Amazon pre-order page? Which costumes are Amazon and GameCrazy getting?

tdh004 said:

October 30th, 11:48 am

Just got back from GameStop with my demo voucher. They didn’t even know anything about it. Said the FedEx guy showed up with the goodies and then they knew about it. Downloading it now! Thanks Sony!

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:31 pm

Great to hear! Have fun~

INTERRERGATOR said:

October 30th, 11:48 am

250 gig playstation 3 slim silhouette of kratos include god of war 3 and god of war collection bundled in and sell it for 449$ please make it happen

NinjaZeroEight said:

October 30th, 11:58 am

Called an ebgames in Canada… They said they haven’t heard of this and it might only be exclusive to the U.S.A. Can anyone confirm this?

AliG4Life said:

October 30th, 12:07 pm

This is great news, and it will be my first Ultimate edition =)
But I got two questions (maybe they’ve already been answered, but I’m too lazy to check every comment :I ).

1) Will this be released in the EU? If so, when?

2) How to get those pre-order bonusses? We don’t have Gamestop, GameCrazy, etc over here (Holland).

Thanks in advance.

bdawg923 said:

October 30th, 12:14 pm

madmanone said:

October 30th, 12:24 pm

The page for the regular edition is available on Amazon.com:

However, it’s not clear when you will be getting the code for the demo. Here are the details:

Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order God of War III and get access to the E3 2009 demo, and an in-game Apollo Skin. This exclusive in-game skin unlocks AFTER you’ve completely played through the full retail version of God of War III at least once. Access codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after you place your order. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

—————————

So, does that mean we won’t get the code for the demo until 10 business days after pre-ordering? That sucks, if that’s the case!

chris_meister said:

October 30th, 12:24 pm

how big will pandoras box be????

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:43 pm

Dimensions for the Ultimate Edition is 8.3″ wide x 10.5″ long x 5.9″ tall, and yes, this is only set coming out =)

BloodiedWraith said:

October 30th, 12:27 pm

Any idea when we’ll see this on Amazon.com? I absolutely despise EBGames and their shady business practices… plus I’ll be basically getting it for free through them with all my coupons.

starBlinky01 said:

October 30th, 12:43 pm

fewf! I am glad you said its not the final box art. I was about to complain that it looks kinda like poo poo.

YungShep said:

October 30th, 12:44 pm

OK I GOT THE DEMO NOW, OFFICIALLY GOT IT FROM EB GAMES OR GAMESTOP WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT, IT IS SHARABLE UP TO 5 PS3 CAN HAVE IT. THANK YOU SO MUCH SONY FOR THIS DEMO THANK YOU SONY SANTA MONICA FOR MAKING THIS EPIC….

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 12:45 pm

YES! Have fun!!!

Vcheese said:

October 30th, 12:52 pm

OMFG!!!! Im buying 2!! one to play and the other for my collection!!! HELL YEAHHHH!!!

TRIX_BOL said:

October 30th, 12:53 pm

So there will not be any Kratos’ collectible toy or related?

I was hoping for one :'(

SillyHalfMexican said:

October 30th, 1:01 pm

Yay! Got my demo code! Downloading now, little slow. But I guess everyone and their mother is downloading this right now. Thanks, can’t wait to play!!

AliG4Life said:

October 30th, 1:02 pm

Ken Chan, could you please answer the questions of my last post (185)?

They almost never release Ultimate Editions in the EU, but I would really like this one.

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:40 pm

Release of Ultimate Edition in EU to come through your respective territory. Keep an eye out for future updates through the European PS Blog =)

Cody_45 said:

October 30th, 1:13 pm

Can not wait for God of War III thats going to be the coolest game ever

croakercrunch said:

October 30th, 1:19 pm

thanks for the info its good to see how much sony loves us so much to do this.

eblade1975 said:

October 30th, 1:19 pm

i need help just preorder the god collection now went back and pre ordered this set. what are the exact dimesions of the box. and is this the only set coming out.

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:21 pm

Dimensions for the Ultimate Edition is 8.3\” wide x 10.5\” long x 5.9\” tall, and yes, this is only set coming out =)

GiraffeWaffles said:

October 30th, 1:22 pm

this is so awesome!first you guys release gow 1 and 2 on bluray with trophies(awesome touch), and now you guys are making this awesome collector edition with pandora’s box?santa monica might become one of my favorite devs….

guyaneseromeo said:

October 30th, 1:24 pm

is this ultimate edition available for Canadians? i didn’t see anything on amazon.ca or ebgames.ca?
please answer