PS4 - Transistor

God of War III Ultimate Edition and Pre-Order Items Announced

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar + Posted by Anthony Caiazzo on Oct 30, 2009 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

God of War III Ultimate Edition

SCEA and Santa Monica Studios are thrilled to announce the first Ultimate Edition for God of War. Earlier this year, we polled a number of fans on what would make an awesome collector’s edition for God of War. Well, we took your advice and created something epic and filled it with premium collectible and exclusive digital content.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

The Ultimate Edition will feature the following:

Exclusive Collectibles
• High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
• Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews

Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
• God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
• Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
• God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
• God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
• God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).

But it keeps getting better for the fans. Those that pre-order God of War III at select retailers will receive a voucher code for first access to download the God of War III E3 2009 Demo starting today, plus you will receive an exclusive downloadable skin from the following retailers: Amazon, GameCrazy and GameStop.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

And as a special thank you to our Spartan Army members who signed up on www.GodofWar.com, we are sending out a direct email today with one free voucher code to randomly selected fans. So, please make sure you check your email inbox over the weekend to see if you are one of the lucky ones to receive a voucher code allowing you to download this demo instantly from PlayStation Network! Remember, it’s a random selection and only a limited amount of vouchers are being sent out, so good luck.

Thanks again to all the fans for their continued support and enthusiasm for God of War. We are all excited to give you an early taste of what is expected to be one of the biggest games of 2010!

In The End There Will Be Only Chaos…..

For more details on today’s announcement visit godofwar.com

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7

+ NewOlman on October 30th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

which store will be selling the ultimate edition? it will be exclusive to gamestop? I hope not, cuz they have give me problems in the past and I certainly don’t want to order from them

would it be available at amazon? I hope so, is so easy to order from them

I cannot wait for god of war 3 and I will do my best to get this ultimate edition! god, this is so good!

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 30th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

You can pre-order the Ultimate Edition at any of the listed retailers!

+ iNubPwn3r on October 30th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

I’m downloading the demo as I type, thanks SONY for picking me up… didn’t expect it here in Europe ;)

+ celeste_magix on October 30th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

Hey, I love that the soundtracks for the triology will be included. Since it is going to be downloaded instead of on a dvd disc, will we be able to take the mp3 files from our PS3′s and transfer them to our PC’s and iPods?

What would the use of the soundtracks be if we can’t listen to them elsewhere besides our systems?

+ angelspawn77 on October 30th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

this demo is the biggest ive ever dl! i want to play now! almost done! its at 90% and its been almost an hour now, then i must wait the install, oh the torture! its all worth it though, if u guys make another demo in the future make it as long or LONGER. And i thought the ratchet and clank demos were big….this one is slightly bigger and 50x more epic!!! 92% now…….

+ NewOlman on October 30th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

I’ve just preordered mine from Amazon!!! :D I cannot wait to get it! My birthday is on March 26th, so I don’t see any best b-day gift than this collection! Thank you Santa Monica Studio, thank you Sony and thanks Kratos!!!

+ kb4983 on October 30th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

I pre-ordered mine online and can’t wait!!! I haven’t received the voucher for the demo yet though =( Anyone who also pre-ordered online get their voucher for the Demo yet by chance!?!?

+ Demonhunter84 on October 30th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

@256

where did you preorder yours online? I know Gamestop says the voucher for GOW3 will arrive in 1-2 business days. Amazon says the voucher will arrive 10 days after the order is placed. I ordered mine from Gamestop and should get it on Sunday or Monday depending if they stay don’t email me saying I have to wait longer. I l also did Amazon so i would get the code on November 9th making it my b-day!

+ varishna on October 30th, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

Preordered GOW collection and GOW 3 ultimate edition. *wallet cries*

+ bashbro25 on October 30th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

how big is the pandoras box? $100 bucks you say, with that much stuff i’d say it’s totally worth it, pre-ordering it asap

+ RevolverOcelot on October 30th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

Already pre-ordered!
But I wish you guys picked a more suitable name like: Pandora Edition; Titan Edition or something like that related to the game.

+ deadskies on October 30th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

$100 for the Ultimate Edition? SOOO Worth It, I’ll prolly end up pre-ordering as a birthday gift to myself, I turn 25 right before it comes out.

+ deadskies on October 30th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

Any contests in the future possibly to win a copy of either the Collection or Ultimate Edition? I know I never win and will end up buying both anyway, but it would be nice…..

+ MMPyro55 on October 30th, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

Please answer this…
I am trying to log into the God of War website under “Enter Member Log In” When I enter my email and password I get white screen with nothing on it. It finished loading but it was a complete white screen… help please.

+ BX-ROBSTEALTH-NY on October 30th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

This is a perfect example of a developer getting it right for it’s hardcore gamers you guys rock. GOWIII will be epic and I can’t wait for this game hit store shelves. I will be upgrading to this edition ASAP!!!

P.S. Grab a pen & paper Naughty Dog cause you need lessons in the art of pleasing your hardcore gaming audience!!

+ Heisem on October 30th, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

just preordered from amazon!! thank you SM!!

+ Kamahl_rg on October 30th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

well, i doubt they will sale this edition here (or at least not at launch) so i probably wont get it…. but still nice and i cant wait for the game

+ YungShep on October 30th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

thank you thank you thank you thank you! The demo is every bit as awesome as I hoped it would of been, I will make gow III the first collectors edition I purchase. I’ve played the demo as if it was the disc version, 3 hours and still going.

+ YungShep on October 30th, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

@ 244 lock ur ps3 @ 1080p then play the demo again : )

+ dehumanizer_666 on October 30th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

Looks like i’ll be getting the ultimate edition. Can’t wait :)

+ eyesofreality03 on October 30th, 2009 at 8:40 pm said:

so if i pre ordered before 6 pm should i get me demo code tonight or saturday, i got it from gamestop online. plus i accidentially deleted my demo voucher from sony , it was in my spam box for some reason, how do i get it back?!

+ Alienrex on October 30th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

That dissapoint me… I was waiting a Krato’s replica… no a Pandora box replica

+ kb4983 on October 30th, 2009 at 9:22 pm said:

@257 “Demonhunter84″

I also pre-ordered at Gamestop. Yeah I went back and checked and saw that yes the voucher for online pre-orders should arrive in 1-2 business days. I’m hoping by some miracle someone will be working the weekend hehe and send out the email vouchers, but if I have to wait until Monday, that’s no biggie as well. Thanks for the reply!

+ YungShep on October 30th, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

before I actually got the demo voucher from gamestop I called. When I called no on knew what I was talking about, they had no idea it was out today, I went about an hour after I called sho nuff still in the package was 10 voucher codes for god of war 3. Preorder pandoras box @ 10 bucks the voucher is yours for the taking. I seriously doubt any of you will have problems getting it tomorrow unless they run out…if so register @ http://www.godofwar.com they are sending codes out randomly.

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on October 30th, 2009 at 9:37 pm said:

BY THE GODS!!!…Zeus has blessed us all!!!

screw the price, i’ll sell my soul to open that box

+ EdReedFan20 on October 30th, 2009 at 9:37 pm said:

Two questions.

What material is the Pandora’s Box replica made of?

and

Why does the soundtrack say God of War Trilogy Soundtrack, when it only seems to contain the God of War II and III music? Why no God of War I music?

+ tony_motta on October 30th, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

I got selected for a DEMO code!! IT’s Flippin SWEET!!!

+ BZKlint on October 30th, 2009 at 11:04 pm said:

@ Ken Chan

Ever seen Bleach? :)

+ Malithpwnsu on October 31st, 2009 at 12:54 am said:

Hi !
I have 2 questions.

1) Will the standard edition have challenge rooms ? Surely the 7 for the ultimate edition is extra content other than the normal challenge rooms ?

2)”Digital Content available on day of launch”
2)a) What “day” is it ? ;-)
2)b) Is it possible to download the digital content after the day of launch ? (I am importing the Ultimate Edition.)

+ Souledge94 on October 31st, 2009 at 1:56 am said:

What matireal is the box made of? Also does it have weight to it or is it light as a feather?

+ Thrasher20 on October 31st, 2009 at 2:54 am said:

Very indeed awesome!

+ Zeroverse91 on October 31st, 2009 at 5:55 am said:

can i preoder god of war 3 in canada and get the demo voucher from ebgames in canada

+ CloudStorm87 on October 31st, 2009 at 7:09 am said:

I’m glad my question (regarding a European release) got answered to the same question posted by another person several comments after me. Thank you for ignoring me and then answering my question to someone else. At least now I can hope for this thing to come out in Europe instead of trying to figure out some way to ship it from Mars.

+ Morphine16 on October 31st, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

Sweet edition, things that would`ve made it better:
1)Physical Disc of the Soundtrack
2)Special case for the disc (i.e. Steelbook)

I hope the quality of the artbookis top notch
Already preordered anyways, die hard fan of GoW here.
If the EU edition is better, which I doubt, Ill probable import too

+ CloudStorm87 on October 31st, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

I think a Kratos figurine AND/OR inclusion of the God of War Collections disc would have made it the most EPIC collector’s edition in the history of collector’s editions.

It’s not to late to do it Sony, PLEASE! :D

+ krebs01 on October 31st, 2009 at 7:35 am said:

GOW III tera demo open to everyone at some point?

+ krebs01 on October 31st, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

GOW III demo open to everyone at some point?

+ D-Squad3 on October 31st, 2009 at 7:43 am said:

I really wanted an Action Figure too like Assassin’s Creed!

+ D-Squad3 on October 31st, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

Oh and where’s the PS3 Blood Red limited Edition Bundle for GoW III? lol

+ NovaBurst on October 31st, 2009 at 7:53 am said:

Anyone know the size of Pandoras box? or what it is made from?

+ Guts05 on October 31st, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

What is the pandora’s Box made out of, I was able to reserve mine yesterday and get my voucher, loved the demo. Have played through it 3 times already.

+ thegriefer on October 31st, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

This is amazing just one question how much will it cost?

+ crimsongorehound on October 31st, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

What would be awesome beyond words would be if this game would support/play custom playlists, I know I would be rocking to those songs included with the ultimate edition while on GoW 3. Plus,might be a good message to send to the rest of the game industry to follow and include this feature that I think most gamers would like, me being one of them. Either way, this is great news, cant wait to pick this up.

+ RadSilvergun on October 31st, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

I just played through the demo… absolutely fantastic! :O The graphics are amazing, the large enemy / sub-boss kill sequences are jaw droppingly brutal (and there are a /ton/ of them!), and the gameplay is nothing less than I would expect from a God of War game — excellent! I can’t wait for the full version (and the soundtracks with the Ultimate Edition!) to be released; March seems so far away!

+ rafifan on October 31st, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Just finished the demo and am blown away!! Amazing secondary weapons(cestus!), immense variety in gameplay and bosses, awesome HD graphics (if only it was 1080p!) and overall extremely polished. The battering ram makes things look too easy, though I hope hard mode will be bit more challenging. Can’t wait for 2010…

+ ConspiracyMouf72 on October 31st, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

Isn’t it kinda hard to pre-order from game crazy seeing as how they are going out of business?

+ NewOlman on October 31st, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

is NECA or any other company releasing any action figures or statues from the game??? I wanted one in the Ultimate edition but sadly is not there

also, too bad that those we ordered from amazon are going to get the worst skin :P is there any chance that the other skins will be available for download in the store? maybe a ratchet skin for god of war too?? lol that will be awesome!

+ jmoportugal on October 31st, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Really good

+ xX_6m6m_Xx on October 31st, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

guys i pre-ordered it today from gamestop

and got nothing !!!

+ sithlordcody on October 31st, 2009 at 9:06 pm said:

i know this is a dumb qustion but any chance the game will be rated teen

+ ArmoredAce on October 31st, 2009 at 11:37 pm said: