PS4-Infamous

God of War III Ultimate Edition and Pre-Order Items Announced

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar + Posted by Anthony Caiazzo on Oct 30, 2009 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

God of War III Ultimate Edition

SCEA and Santa Monica Studios are thrilled to announce the first Ultimate Edition for God of War. Earlier this year, we polled a number of fans on what would make an awesome collector’s edition for God of War. Well, we took your advice and created something epic and filled it with premium collectible and exclusive digital content.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

The Ultimate Edition will feature the following:

Exclusive Collectibles
• High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
• Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews

Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
• God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
• Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
• God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
• God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
• God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).

But it keeps getting better for the fans. Those that pre-order God of War III at select retailers will receive a voucher code for first access to download the God of War III E3 2009 Demo starting today, plus you will receive an exclusive downloadable skin from the following retailers: Amazon, GameCrazy and GameStop.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

And as a special thank you to our Spartan Army members who signed up on www.GodofWar.com, we are sending out a direct email today with one free voucher code to randomly selected fans. So, please make sure you check your email inbox over the weekend to see if you are one of the lucky ones to receive a voucher code allowing you to download this demo instantly from PlayStation Network! Remember, it’s a random selection and only a limited amount of vouchers are being sent out, so good luck.

Thanks again to all the fans for their continued support and enthusiasm for God of War. We are all excited to give you an early taste of what is expected to be one of the biggest games of 2010!

In The End There Will Be Only Chaos…..

For more details on today’s announcement visit godofwar.com

PAGE 1 5 6 7

+ Avalanche on October 31st, 2009 at 11:54 pm said:

what made you go with Pandoras box over a blades of chaos replica?

+ bashbro25 on November 1st, 2009 at 2:22 am said:

“any chance this game will be rated teen” i laughed when i saw that post. if it was rated teen it wouldn’t be a god of war game. plus 8.3″ wide x 10.5″ long x 5.9″ tall replica of Pandora’s Box just bout the size of our playstation 3 pretty huge -_^

+ D_A_N_N_Y__B on November 1st, 2009 at 4:10 am said:

For the people that have posted that they can’t afford the $100.00 right now, if you order through GameStop online you are not charged until the item ships.

I have already pre-ordered the UE and then got one of the emails from Sony saying that I was selected to go ahead and get the demo from being registered on the GOW site. Add me to your friends list on PSN and when I get the demo code from GameStop, I will randomly pick someone to give the code to.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!!

+ lonewolf1994 on November 1st, 2009 at 4:39 am said:

plz./.. say its for EU as well…

+ thecyanidesun on November 1st, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

AWESOME!!! What is the box made of though? Plastic or metal?

+ FireDragonGod on November 1st, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

OMFG I Never Thought I’d Buy Special Edtions Of Any Game Till I Seen This I Need That BOX I NEED IT :( Cant Wait I CANT WAIT

+ PsiCrisis on November 1st, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

What is the box made of? Is it going to be plastic or something else? I can’t find any official word on this.

+ WOLF873 on November 1st, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

Say what would the box be made of? Steel or Plastic?

+ Taomuffin on November 1st, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

I am terribly tempted, I have to admit. And I haven’t ever bought a special edition of any game.

In GOW II, the different unlockable skins had special attributes that affected damage, health, armor, magic, etc. Any of these pre-order skins have special features to them?

+ RodSt3f_72 on November 2nd, 2009 at 2:12 am said:

Is this coming to Australia!!??? Because if it is, its a day 1 pre order for me

plzz come to Australia!!

+ Cuningulus_69 on November 2nd, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

what is the box going to made of? for an extra 50 bucks i hope its not plastic. also which one of those exclusive skins is the Forgotten Warrior?

+ JVBGFR on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

This pre-order sounds amazing. Out of curiosity, will there be any PlayStation Home content to come from you guys? Like maybe a costume of Kratos with the Golden Fleece and the blades on his back, and maybe even a game space. Both would be really awesome to have in Home.

+ l3ATTLE-MOD on November 2nd, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

How big is the box?

+ Keyeszx on November 2nd, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

I love how everyone is asking how much the deluxe will be. He’s said it like 20 times. I just wanted to know if this is all it’s coming with. $80 would be justifiable for this. But if it comes with more then $100 is worth it. Also I was wondering why do we get an old demo.
We’re going to be shelling out over $100 with tax for an old demo and all this other amazing stuff that is brand new. We need some new stuff. Also why does Kratos attack the magma titan at the end of the demo? I forget the name of the titans.

+ sNsKid on November 2nd, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

I’m still waiting on my voucher code from Amazon. Plus they still haven’t sent my code for the samurai pack for Tekken 6. I really wish Amazon would send these things out in a timely manner. If I have to more than a day you can bet I’m going to cancel my order. I am getting so sick and tired of being promised something and then getting screwed over in the end.

+ MiiAmigo on November 2nd, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Thanks guys for hooking me up with a demo my email. I still went ahead and reserved at all 3 retailers to get the exclusive swag from them. I sure loves me some GoW.

+ super-cheeseman on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

Does anyone know is GOW 3 Ultimate edition will be out in Canada?

+ Keyeszx on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

No idea if it’s coming to Canada but why not just drive down to the closest state and buy it down there and bring it back up.

A replica of Blades of Chaos or Blades of Athena would be awesome. Although I would really want a Golden Fleece if they did anything.

+ RoyalGard on November 3rd, 2009 at 12:03 am said:

Hope i can get this in Norway too :)

+ bashbro25 on November 3rd, 2009 at 12:45 am said:

hopefully pandora’s box will be made out of steel, assassin’s creed box is feeling pretty good this will be 2

+ HetZ_15 on November 3rd, 2009 at 1:03 am said:

I just pre-ordered this Epic Edition for only $54!!!Amazon is the best!!!

+ LordJonas on November 3rd, 2009 at 2:45 am said:

I WANNA PUT MY BUD IN IT!

+ Itzik_Tamar on November 3rd, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

Ken please answer…Will the ultimate edition be offered worldwide any time soon? Amazon already have it so why not allow them to ship it worldwide? I’ll pay for the shipment or whatever it takes cause I really really want this!!

+ Oxy9er on November 3rd, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

awesome can’t wait

+ jharr201 on November 3rd, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

hey ive just talked to some reps and they say that it is indeed a plastic material… Its still a beast though! GOW3 FTW!

+ woshiyizhishuimu on November 3rd, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

i just want to know the material of the Pandora’s Box, thanks!

+ Maluraq on November 4th, 2009 at 7:56 am said:

While the extras look pretty cool, and the Pandora’s box is neat, I can’t imagine paying a $30 premium for content that will probably be made available at a later date to everyone else anyway.

I bought my Resistance 2 special edition and got a physical disc of extras with it, a booklet of beautiful artwork and a Chimera action figure and paid only a $10 premium for it.

At least throw in those extras on real pressed discs.

+ Kpnda6669 on November 4th, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

I m from France and I have already pre-order it ! Thanks Gamestop ! Thanks Sony !

+ godofwarisawsom on November 4th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

OMG Ken Chan i love god of war its my favorite game series! The demo is so awesome! but 2 questions 1:why does the titan in the demo try to fight him at the end of it? 2:does the ultimate edition come out next year or this year bonus question:does it come with the game? bonus question 2:ive heard the game comes out in march, april, march, april… which month is it really? if you reply thank you!

+ ilPreteRosso on November 4th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

Just pre-ordered GOW III Ultimate Edition and GOW Collection from amazon!

+ super-cheeseman on November 4th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

Does anyone know why that i preordered GOW 3 ultimate edition from Ebgames canada and they charged me 89.99

+ G-Man139 on November 4th, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

My only question is why does most of this exclusive UE content have to be DLC. I mean, i can understand having the combat arenas and skins as DLC but I don’t want to waste tons of HDD space on a Full length movie and two different full soundtracks when they SHOULD be Physically included (especially if pandora’s box is big enough)….. I remember my MGS4 SE came with a full documentary and a soundtrack as well in the form of physical discs, and they came in a package 1/4th the size of the pandora’s box.

+ RodSt3f_72 on November 4th, 2009 at 11:32 pm said:

is this coming to AUSTRALIA!?? oh god i hope so…

+ sNsKid on November 5th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

God of War 3 is so violent. *-*

People who complained about NGS2 not having enough blodd will be happy with God of War III for sure.

+ SeriousAbe321 on November 5th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

This is FREAKIN SWEEET! I think i should soo get this ha. I just wanna see the documentary cuz this game is the shiz lol. Also $99.99 thats not bad for an awesome special edition for like the best game ever YEAH!!!
FIRST DAY BUY….FO SHO :P

+ SeriousAbe321 on November 5th, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

P.S. You did a freakin awesome job Santa Monica Studios keep up the good work.

Kudos to all of you

+ arcticozzy on November 7th, 2009 at 6:32 am said:

PLEASE can somone tell me if its coming out in england the ultimate edition because i went on the link on the site but thats the american amazon and i went on the english site and it has god of war 3 game but just the game and i reallly want to pre order it PLEASE PLEASE can somone tell me and if i pre orderd it of amazon america would i still be able to play it on my pse that is from england lol :D

+ arcticozzy on November 7th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

PLEASE can someone tell me if god of war 3 ultimate edition is being preordered in ANY shop or site that is in england the american amazon site has it but the english amazon site doesnt. is it even coming out in england the ultimate edition PLEASE may somone tell me thank you :D X

+ NightHawk_12 on November 7th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

I called up 3 different GameStops here in Canada today. All 3 of them said they were taking pre-orders for the God of War 3: UE and that it was $89.99. None of the stores however had heard anything about an E3 Demo code when you pre-order. There is also nothing on amazon.ca about the E3 Demo. Anyone have any details regarding this?

+ super-cheeseman on November 7th, 2009 at 11:02 pm said:

Gamestop said that the Demo won’t be in store for people in canada yet. They also said it would eventually get here. Does anyone know why the price of ultimate edition is 89.99

+ arcticozzy on November 8th, 2009 at 5:06 am said:

Can somone send me a link to pre order the ultimate edition for the EU its only on the american amazon Or does it not really matter where i pre order it lol IM SO WORRIED IF I DONT GET IT :(

+ NightHawk_12 on November 8th, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

I don’t know the reasoning behind the lower price but it has been happening to a couple games in Canada lately. I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum on release day from Gamestop for $39.99. The US Gamestop web site has it listed for $59.99. Friend of mine also picked up Boarderlands on release day for $39.99 and it’s listed on the US site for $49.99. I’m not sure why these games have been cheaper but the Gamestop here assured me that the GoW: UE was the exact same product as the one shipping in US. Nothing missing. So it’s just $10 cheaper. I’m not complaining :)

+ super-cheeseman on November 8th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Well the demo is missing. I don’t mind if they don’t have the demo but i want to make sure canada ebgames have the ultimate edition

+ super-cheeseman on November 9th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

Does anyone know if this game will run in 1080p @60fps?

+ zuneguy on November 10th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

is this going to be available in canada? because it would be a big dissapointment to miss out on a cool set like this. i can only hope that you guys at sony will be nice to us canadians and let us get this cool collectors item. (PLEASE!!!)

+ Mr_Fixit_187 on November 18th, 2009 at 6:55 am said:

Mr Chan does the pandora box open up like a real box, just wondering.

+ Luxmortem on November 19th, 2009 at 4:28 am said:

Seems pretty cool, even if I’m a bit disapointed by the lack of physical goodies (for instance why having the soundtrack in lousy mp3 quality, when you could have put it on a CD with the corresponding quality). When you pay 100$ for an edition like this, even if the container is awesome it’s a bit greedy to put so few in. Mainly with an environnement as rich as the one of GOW…
I hope the content updates will more “substantial” and less dowloadable.

+ Luxmortem on November 19th, 2009 at 4:35 am said:

And another thing, I quite curious to listen what kind of “Heavy Metal” will be inspired by a game of this brutality. I hope we’ll be far from Doro…

+ tubs-13 on November 19th, 2009 at 7:03 am said:

IM A BIG FAN OF YOU GUYS IM FOR SURE GOING TO GET THIS SPECIAL EDITION KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS

AND IS THAT A PS3 SKIN I SEE?

+ biG_wiLL004 on November 27th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

Wow this is freaking awsome. I played the E3 demo and it is amazingly beautiful. I have a question though, I pre ordered God of War 3 so does that mean I won’t get the Ultimate Collection? Do I go to the store where I pre ordered the game and say that I want to pre order the Ultimate Collection instead?

PAGE 1 5 6 7