PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Celebrates Halloween with a Title Update and a Double Cash Weekend

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Oct 30, 2009 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

The next time you start up UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves you will be required to download an update to the game (Japan and Asia regions — your update will be available next week).

Here’s the list of (most of) the changes we made. Some changes have been withheld to protect the innocent.

• Addressed respawn points when the artifact goes out of bounds in the Plunder gametype
  • Dynamically adjust the win condition for fewer players during the course of a match
  • Added features to deter players from voluntarily leaving during a match
  • Added rate limit to “When a Chapter is Completed” Twitter event
  • Fixed a display issue during letterboxing
  • Fixed Danish Trophy description
  • Fixed screenshot utility in standard definition resolutions
  • Fixed the “Players Met” list not displaying recent players
  • Addressed a variety of Multiplayer connectivity issues

BUT, that’s not all…

With Halloween on the horizon, we wanted to take this spooky occasion to announce that this weekend is also our first ever Double Cash Weekend in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. The Double Cash Weekend starts on Friday, October 30, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST and continues until Monday, November 2, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST.

In every match during Double Cash Weekend, you’ll be getting twice the Cash award you normally would for completing typical game actions – not medal-related currency awards – giving everyone a leg up in increasing their Rank for a limited time. That means this weekend is the perfect time to hop on to our Competitive and Co-op Multiplayer modes – whether you’re just a few levels away from the vaunted ‘X’ or this is just your first time online.

A bunch of Naughty Dogs will also be playing this weekend, so be on the lookout for the red Naughty Dog paw next to our PSN ID in the game and feel free to say hi, ask any questions or shoot at our characters. Stay sharp! There might be something spooky around the next corner…

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Double Cash Weekend

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ x_NiiGHTMARE_x on October 30th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

woot!!!

+ jayrockslife on October 30th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

First!?

and looks like i picked up Uncharted 2 at the right time. Just finally got it last night, but can’t wait to get online later today.

+ vega480 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

wow it spans from the 30th to the 30th?

+ BlooodyCow on October 30th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

Dam. I will be playing Ratchet and Clank this weekend :( OH well.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

OOH YEAH!! THATS WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT..DOUBLE DASH..and are those terminators i see..i hope i can get my hands on one of them…how is that possible?

+ jayrockslife on October 30th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

“The Double Cash Weekend starts on Friday, October 30, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST and continues until Monday, October 30, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST.”

Don’t you mean Monday, November 2, 2009? Unless its october 30th all weekend long. If so, no one told me about it. =[ I’m always left out of the loop

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on October 30th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Eep! Yes, we updated the post. It\’s until Monday, November 2, 2009.

+ sazzrah on October 30th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

What happened to the “you’ll never need to install an update” promise we got from Naughty Dog? Changes to the game code will be done without the player noticing, I thought.

I don’t mind downloading an update, it just seems weird that a big thing was made of this “hidden updating” feature of Uncharted 2 and yet the first major update is a download?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on October 30th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

We said there are a lot of things in multiplayer we can adjust on the fly without a download required (like the Halloween skins and Double Cash). There are also some things we can\’t without a Title Update.

+ BigBoss712 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

See you guys online, can’t wait for the DLC, would be nice if you guys add MP trophies.

+ DaRkS1LeNc3 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

“wow it spans from the 30th to the 30th?”

They must be having a case of Groundhog Day (as in the Bill Murray movie) haha

+ StaticFire on October 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Sounds fun can’t wait! Any DLC coming soon? Make add ons too the story mode. That would be cool :)

+ Voozi on October 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

So if I kill you, or if I’m on the same team as you & have to carry your weight ;) does that mean you’ll send me a fortune edition

+ lonewolf1994 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

U GUYS ROCK!

+ The1stMJC on October 30th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Sweet looks like I will be getting a ton of Uncharted 2 in this weekend.

So I might be able to unlock that Fat Drake skin sooner than I thought

+ CaptainGillette on October 30th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

I’m picking up my copy today, although I may not get to really start playing until Sunday or something… can’t wait!

+ Spunta on October 30th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

So it starts and ends all at the same time? Did… did you all at Naughty Dog just divide by zero?

+ jgnyy32 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

sweet downloading it now !!! i was going to play this weekend anyway so this makes it even better.:) thanks naughty dog and great job with uncharted 2

+ Wozamil on October 30th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

I’m extremely sad that a Plunder only game mode has yet to be added. I will continue to voluntarily quit matches to get to a match I enjoy instead of being forced to play those I don’t.

+ Xulap on October 30th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Sweet,

Hopefully you keep doing these kind of things to keep people playing and coming back for more for a LONG time. Keep adding stuff to the multiplayer, and hopefully the singleplayer too. A game of this caliber deserves all the attention possible, so I expect some add-ons, expansions, or whatever. New characters skins, new maps, new co-op missions, etc. I’d pay for anything.

Congratulations to you guys for an exceptional game. Looking forward to play with at least one of you this weekend.

+ RICKDOEZ on October 30th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

THX THX THX THX I CANT EVEN TURN ON MY TV WITHOUT PLAYING UR GAME… OK BACK TO UC2..

+ SPOPS on October 30th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Awesome… Looks amazing, can’t wait to get some game time in tonight.

+ emzee83 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Are you guys going to add Custom soundtracks. The multiplayer really needs it. It’s to quiet out there. I can’t see why this game does not have it when KZ2, warhawk, motor storm etc have it.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on October 30th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

Unfortunately, we will not be supporting custom soundtracks. Sorry!

+ Gunwing on October 30th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

This game looks sweet! I’m currently playing Killzone 2 and have been utterly blown awawy by the graphics! This game, and the newest Ratchet and Clank are both on my list for PS3 games, as well as Final Fantasy 13, and of course God of War 3!

+ Spunta on October 30th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

OH SNAP! IS DAT SOME SKELETONS VERSUS ZOMBIES?!

+ lyfestory on October 30th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

they dont need to do anything more to make the game great.. those of you who think they do need to stop whining… theyve worked hard on this title and it shows.. im happy with the way it is… i dont expect Criterion-type updates…. just happy i have the game and the single player story is amazing…

+ GAME-HERO on October 30th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

30TH TO 30TH SWEET!
We be stuck in a time zone and the double cash will never end, Yay!

+ poweredbyzen on October 30th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

i suck at first person shooters! will you let me shoot you until i’m level infinity?! thanks! :D

+ Draicus on October 30th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Awesome. Looking forward to some spooky double cash this weekend.

+ Fyshokid on October 30th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

I lol’d when I saw the Danish trophy description (Wasn’t it the grenade one?). Too bad it’s fixed now. I kinda liked it :P

+ Nimoy23 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

Looks like a gaming weekend ahead for a lot of us. I like the skins in the pic. Almost as much as I like turtles.
Good yob. Keep up the good work. Hoping to get pwned this weekend by some of the ND crew.

+ mrgerbik03 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

Danish trophies? Is that related to Donut Drake? j/k

Are the Halloween skins available to all?

+ sabot37 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Ummm… what’s that you say about “Halloween skins” in your reply above? I didn’t read anything about new skins in the announcement…

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on October 30th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Hop into a match, you\’ll see! ;)

+ Dragonzblaze on October 30th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

getting this game today see all of u online XD

+ Lethal_TOY on October 30th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

will we be able to keep the skins after the weekend is over?

+ DryvBy on October 30th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

I just picked up this game. I absolutely love it! I wish I had a week off to just play the multiplayer.

+ ilikemonkeys on October 30th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Could you elaborate on the ways you are deterring quitters?

+ AssassinHD on October 30th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Now I have to choose between double cash in Uncharted 2, or the black cloud event in Demon’s Souls. Curse you Sony for giving me choices! Curse you I say!

+ Thwip on October 30th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

Looking forward to the Double Cash weekend…thanx!

PS – Whatever happened to Canada’s opportunity to win the Fortune Hunter Edition??? Please reply.

+ Phenom183 on October 30th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Finally we get to play against the devs. A whole bunch of us have been waiting to rape you guys.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on October 30th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

We\’ve been in games just about every day since we launched on Oct 13! You just haven\’t come across us yet…

+ markcusd on October 30th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Arne,

Can you please allow solo play for Survival and Goldrush (custom games)?

+ Wozamil on October 30th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Looks like I have an excuse to leave work early today.

+ Eternal21 on October 30th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

Who else is going to ‘pump-hump’ Naughty Dog devs when you kill them online? I know, I sure will!

+ mike3648 on October 30th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Its a great game-glad I bought it. Any plans for new multi-player maps in the near future?!?

+ ParadoX444 on October 30th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

I truly love this game, would be complete if it had custom soundtracks. Please add this feature! :(

+ blackbeard_ on October 30th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

awesome! see you online!

by the way, I can’t log into naughtydog.com. I can log in here but not there :-/ I tried emailing nd support but got an email bounce back so I couldn’t even report it. If you’re still reading this… just an fyi… I get a PSN ticket error message.

Love the game though! Stellar… simply stellar!!!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on October 30th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

We\’re aware and we\’re working to fix it. We should have it fixed next week. Sorry!

+ Eternal21 on October 30th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

When will you guys start tracking GOLDEN-GUN kills on the website? They are not being recorded currently (should be part of AK-47 kills).

+ AssassinHD on October 30th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

I am definitely going to participate in this. It will give me a chance to rank up a bit before my best friend gets Uncharted 2.

+ sazzrah on October 30th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Thanks for the reply Mr. Meyer.

I didn’t mean to whinge after getting a nice update; was just curious after what I’d heard/read.

I’m probably just pissed I can’t get involved because I have 5 assignments to finish for uni before I can play the Uncharted 2 multiplayer. Boo.

+ slyjak on October 30th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Sounds like a good deal.

+ Eternal21 on October 30th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

The community is wondering whether the number of online players listed in Multiplayer menu accurate? Or is it only for a particular matching server. It seems kind of odd that there would be only 12,000 people playing this game online given pretty good sales numbers (over 1 million units sold).

+ commedieu on October 30th, 2009 at 11:10 am said: