LittleBigPlanet 3

Coming to PSN this Week: Numblast

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on Nov 02, 2009 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

It’s out in Japan, it’s out in Europe, and this week: Numblast will be available here in North America!

Numblast logo

Get your hands on this addictive puzzle game (available for both PS3 and PSP) at the attractive price of $4.99 for either platform. Based on simple number combinations, Numblast is colorful, quirky, fast-paced and easy to pick up, but only those with quick wits and mental agility will make it to the top of the online rankings.

Here’s a trailer of the game in action:

Log on to the PlayStation Store this Thursday, November 5 and download your copy of Numblast.

PAGE 1 2

+ acertainkid on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

This looks pretty cool!

+ UnitedEarth on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Lockerz!

+ Tyrsis on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Can’t go wrong when it’s $4.99.

+ Kchow23 on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Neat!

+ kc_chang on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Wow, I am really going to give this game a try…Thanks SONY.

+ VALDEMA1 on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

looks interesting,
might have to check it out.

+ tdh004 on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

Finally!! I played the EU demo, and it’s crazy fun and addictive! <3 puzzle games, and this one is another great PSN puzzler!

Question: Why the delay? Added something new? Pacing puzzle game releases?

+ explosive78 on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

This looked ULTRA ADDICTIVE!

+ BigBoss712 on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

For $5 looks very nice, will check it out.

+ ManaKnight on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Thank you so much for bringing this game stateside. I absolutely want this game. And since its only $4.99, I’m going to buy this on both PSP and PS3. :D

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

Glad you\’re so excited. :)

+ BlooodyCow on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

This look confusing as hell. I will pass.

+ MaGeeK-mAn on November 2nd, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

@2 UnitedEarth
Relevance?

+ emjayx on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

numblast is so fun and addictive. Will it support custom soundtracks though?

+ Nimoy23 on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

Demo?
I like turtles.

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

Sorry, Nimoy23. No demo stateside.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

I may have played the demo of this from the Japan store. Was pretty fun, 5 bucks would be good value.

Have to ask, trophies?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

Yep, this title is trophy enabled.

+ Xoombie503 on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

no offense but why can’t devs make something original like critter crunch,noby boy etc…we already have enough of this type of games.at least give it a different twist like shatter and magic ball gave to the popular brick breaking game.

+ letherclad on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

I saw a preview for the japanese version of this, it looks really insane. I’m glad its getting localized, I might pick this up especially at only $5

+ MGO_Count on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

Oooo getting this day 1. It looks like Vempire and poker smash combined.
Getting it both ;D

+ Curtisio on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

Seeing all those numbers counting down makes it look too fast paced for me.

+ NightHawk17 on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

looks interesting might buy it, but i feel cheated that this will be coming out in stateside while Dark mist is left out:(

+ BigRon3400 on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

How dare you try and make me think! We want more mind numbing FPS games! Oh wait that’s what 360 fans want. Bring on the brain pain!

+ AJC3317 on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

lol those crazy japanese and their crazy games

+ sNsKid on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

I’ll definitely be getting this. I played the demo a while back and was waitinf for the US release. I was expecting the game to be $9.99. lol

+ Roverxk9 on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

Question regarding what post 10 said, do you have to buy it for both PS3 and PSP? Or can you buy it for one and play it on both?

+ mister1337 on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

Old. Looks decent however, Dissidia would be a far better choice that would bring in much more cash. Release Dissidia, Sony!

+ aztec23 on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

Really mister1337 again you post the same crap.

+ DarkAkatosh on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:31 pm said:

I highly recommend this game to any fan of puzzles. It has a hardcore learning curve and is addicting as hell. Downloaded the demo from the UK store and it’s finally coming here! I need to grab a PS card NOW!

+ Towers76 on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

One question: Are custom soundtracks enabled?

+ tearsofash on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:48 pm said:

Played the demo for this from an overseas store, it’s pretty fun. $4.99 is a pretty good price for these sorts of puzzlers!

+ MattyPHATty on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

@mister1337- I agree with everyone else here, just STFU and go away.

+ DNAgent on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

No demo = Will never consider buying it.

It should be MANDATORY for demos to be put out for downloadable games. If a game doesn’t have a demo then I don’t even consider purchasing it regardless of what the reviews are.

In 2010 there should be a rule that all downloadable games must have a demo.

+ Enforcer_X on November 2nd, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

Perfect price for minis really … and this is a full game for both PS3 and PSP.
I feel like I am stealing the game at $4.99
THANKS!

+ kancion13 on November 2nd, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

look’s fine
are the creatos of patapon rigth is like a garantie

+ Nimoy23 on November 2nd, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

What do you mean no demo? Don’t you want to give a taste of the addictive quality?
Even crack dealers let you try the product before you become a repeat customer.
I like turtles.

+ kancion13 on November 2nd, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

take it easy budy they no make the demo for one reason is not need a demo just watch the video and see the quality

+ afdgsfdgnb on November 2nd, 2009 at 8:46 pm said:

No disc, no sale!

+ Coramoor_ on November 2nd, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

@35 you want a disc for a 5 dollar game?

+ triple_lei on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:00 pm said:

Phew… good thing there’s no dumb disc for this game – otherwise I wouldn’t bother getting it!

+ Korlithiel on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:22 pm said:

Seems like little more then a remake of a flash game, with a little story sprinkled in. While it maintains the core gameplay and is likely an improvement, I just don’t think I’m interested in another puzzle game that fails to grab me and reminds me so strongly of free flash-based games.

+ HongoXIII on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:25 pm said:

Looks like a lot of fun. May have to pick it up for both platforms if it’s as addicting as the trailer makes it look. :D

+ SpyDudeFX on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:43 pm said:

Always curious why so many people ask about trophies? They are mandatory since January 1st, 2009 lol

+ abort_user on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:43 pm said:

that story cracked me up. hopefully theres a demo but im very interested in the game.

+ abort_user on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:45 pm said:

that story cracked me up. im very interested in this game now. though a demo would probably seal the deal.

+ Stuffgamer1 on November 2nd, 2009 at 10:45 pm said:

Looks pretty fun! Love the $5 price, too. I might actually have to splurge and get this…and yes, my finances are tight enough right now that this would be a “splurge.”

+ Fallen_Guardian on November 2nd, 2009 at 10:56 pm said:

Wow, i’d be so confused at what im doing. I suck at those kind of games. I’d love to support you, but not with this title.

+ dragongamer5894 on November 2nd, 2009 at 11:30 pm said:

FINALLY!! I played the japanese demo of this game and this game is awesome! Probably buy it when I have the money. Don’t know if I should get this for my PS3 or PSP.

+ Jeigh on November 2nd, 2009 at 11:38 pm said:

Am I to understand that you buy it and then can simply transfer it like PSone titles, or are they separate games?

When I was under the impression it was the former, I was pretty close to saying I’d buy it for that alone.

Can’t say I like that there’s an actual demo already made, and on the other region stores but you’re refusing to release it here. Creating a dummy account should solve the problem, but I really wish we didn’t have to go to such lengths.

+ KazeEternal on November 2nd, 2009 at 11:57 pm said:

Don’t suppose we could get a bundle deal for this. I’d like to own it on PSP and PS3. While it seems cheap of me, money is tight lately especially after best buys Buy 2 get 1 free offer.

PSP – Go anywhere higher probability of playing

PS3 – Trophies, but ton of PS3 games already queued up. With God of War collection right around the corner.

+ Daniel_Gonzz on November 3rd, 2009 at 12:34 am said:

Wow, it’s cheap, guess I’ll get it.

BTW, is Records of Agarest War coming any time soon?

+ Ryuuchi10 on November 3rd, 2009 at 12:46 am said:

I played the demo and it’s quite a fun puzzle game. Finally coming to the U.S. PS Store. Anywho, I want hustle kings too!

PAGE 1 2