Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 04

Nov 04

MLB and Lucasfilm Join PlayStation Network’s Video Delivery Service

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

This week we’re excited to report the launch of several new partners on PlayStation Network that offer even more downloadable entertainment and sports from PlayStation Store.

MLB and Lucasfilm on PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service

Lucasfilm Ltd. presents Star Wars: The Clone Wars, a CGI animated TV series set in the fictional Star Wars galaxy. And for you baseball fans, we’ve just launched MLB content – the current 2009 World Series featuring the Philadelphia Phillies vs. New York Yankees (in case you’ve missed any of the games so far), and also a section with classic games. Our new partnership with Image Entertainment, Inc. brings us feature films like Powder Blue and Management, MPI Media Group brings us classics like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, ContentFilm International brings us movies like Hurly Burly and Interstate 60 and finally, New Video brings us Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. Additional titles for all of these new partners will be added over time, so check back often!

Here is a list of the new content that’s currently live on the Video Store:

MLB

Alien Tresspass
The Crew

Cinetic
Leverage
The Auteur

Content Film
Devil in the Flesh (aka Teacher’s Pet)
Devil in the Flesh 2 (aka Teacher’s Pet)
Illuminating Angels & Demons
Night Feeders
Cracking the Da Vinci Code

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Zezzler said:

November 4th, 6:08 am

Canada.

SWiPPER said:

November 4th, 6:10 am

exactly what i was gonna type … What about Canada????

SWiPPER said:

November 4th, 6:11 am

exactly what i wanted to type .. what about CANADA????

SWiPPER said:

November 4th, 6:12 am

i think we’ve waited long enough

DTHCND said:

November 4th, 6:24 am

Hey, will this ever come to Canada???

DTHCND said:

November 4th, 6:25 am

Hey, will the video store ever come to Canada???

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

November 4th, 6:25 am

Bring it to Canada, its been almost two years since you folks said “Hmmm next year”. that was two years ago, now give me the features that I paid for. Stop taking pointers from Slant Six.

DTHCND said:

November 4th, 6:25 am

Will the video store ever come to Canada?

DTHCND said:

November 4th, 6:26 am

Grace Chen's Avatar

Kristi Fernadez said:

November 4th, 11:00 am

We have no announcements to make on the US Video Store blog post at this time about the release of the Video Store in Canada. Sorry!

DTHCND said:

November 4th, 6:26 am

If I have left multiple comments it is because they don’t appear on my screen… Hmmm…

Grace Chen's Avatar

Kristi Fernadez said:

November 4th, 11:00 am

There\’s a little bit of a delay

Korbei83 said:

November 4th, 6:37 am

Good for them. I’ll just keep ordering their work on Amazon.ca

KSPRAYDAD said:

November 4th, 7:09 am

Has the DRM been fixed on the bought content yet so I can watch it on the multiple PS3 I own or if my PS3 breaks (2 times already) I don’t lose all my purchases?

Inquiring minds want to know.

eaferrari24 said:

November 4th, 7:12 am

OH MY GOD! Thank you Lucasfilm and Sony!

Do you think we could get some star wars films in HD.. i have been waiting since the video store opened for the clone wars series and the movies.

Any news on bluray releases of the star wars movies? that would be a great holiday 2009 present :)

kosluftar said:

November 4th, 7:22 am

How is Europe getting a video store before Canada?

Parapraxis said:

November 4th, 7:22 am

I will give you my money!
Canadians want the video store.
Is it legal issues or something? Don’t let the CRTC mess you about, get it done Sony ;)

Doomsday34 said:

November 4th, 7:29 am

This is awesome! The World Series has been great so far and having Star Wars on the store is an excellent move! It’s great that you guys are working hard and adding providers to the store.

Is it possible to add Advent Children to the video store? Would that have to be a deal worked out with Square Enix?

Great work guys!

Maluraq said:

November 4th, 7:30 am

I’m not going to beg you to bring this to Canada again. I’m not going to remind you that our economic situation means you’d probably make a lot of money off us if you did.

I am however going to ask you to take the cursed store icon off my XMB from under video when you know I’m in Canada and can’t possibly access its contents!

Its bad enough that we’ve been snubbed with no updates on Canadian distribution deals, or lack thereof, but having it rubbed in my face every time I go through the XMB is a bit much.

ShadyDa1NOnly said:

November 4th, 7:37 am

As a Yankee fan.I may think about buying then World Series thing if it aint alot. How much is it going for? Cuz it aint that far from a dvd i will just wait for the dvd to come out.

dragonmagician said:

November 4th, 7:47 am

This is good news, for some…not for me, I live in Canada.

MattyInkwell said:

November 4th, 7:49 am

Comments 1-10…. This is the U.S. blog. If this is such a big deal move south. Can’t wait to watch clone wars!

Berae said:

November 4th, 7:49 am

Ill go with the family… Canada.

ESHAM976 said:

November 4th, 7:52 am

just make a american account. damn!!!!
when i want japan content i use my japan account.
you want movies make a american account.
sick of reading what about canada.

mister1337 said:

November 4th, 8:01 am

Humbug! Just release Dissidia already! All other news is deemed irrelevant until then.

djpenny1 said:

November 4th, 8:08 am

exactly what i wanted to type .. what about CANADA????

Nythranduil said:

November 4th, 8:11 am

You’re bringing all this to Canada?

Oh wait…

MadmanEU said:

November 4th, 8:12 am

So maybe instead of using resources for pointless partnerships like MLB, you could focus on getting us information regarding this service in Canada?

Oh right, I forgot…Grace has no idea how to do her actual job.

mister1337 said:

November 4th, 8:13 am

@djpenny1
there is a magical program Apple released about 8 years ago called iTunes. Download it and you can buy all the tv shows, movies, and music you want. About making a US account, you probably won’t be able to get into our video store because it is region locked.

BPatches701 said:

November 4th, 8:15 am

To all the people asking for video services in Canada: It isn’t Sony’s fault. You should take up the ridiculous legal issues among the CRTC

Dracorius said:

November 4th, 8:25 am

What is exactly is the ridiculous legal issues with the CRTC? There’s something about bandwidth and distribution legalities isn’t there? A certain amount of video service has to be Canadian content? Maybe? Does anybody know for sure?

Jon_Mclane said:

November 4th, 8:27 am

Yeaaaahhhh! I’m all over that powder blue, and before the devil knows your dead. Jessica Biel and Marisa Tomei! My heads gonna explode!

krae_man said:

November 4th, 8:42 am

I hope you have the express written consent of Major League Baseball. Implied oral consent isn’t good enough.

trustkill said:

November 4th, 8:49 am

no one cares about canada

SPOOKULA209 said:

November 4th, 8:50 am

All I have to say is wow! Adding all this content is a big plus even if I don’t buy it, it’s great that it is there.

StECnet said:

November 4th, 8:54 am

One of the secondary reasons I bought the PS3 was for this type of content and HD movies let’s just say I was very disappointed to find out it’s not available in CANADA!?!? Please Sony get the main issue worked out whatever it is, your loyal customers are waiting patiently (starting to get impatient) or point us in the right direction so we can help take up the fight if it has something to do with our government & or regulations!

Remember Canada is very loyal to Sony game systems don’t burn one of your biggest customer bases!

Thanks! :)

thepatriots said:

November 4th, 8:55 am

This is so cool. Now I can buy the final game of the World Series when the Yankees beat the Phillies and show it to all my friends who are Phillies fans.

IceCold said:

November 4th, 8:58 am

Yes it’s a disappointment thatthe Canadians so not have a store ye, but this is still great content. I might even try clone wars!

gema11981 said:

November 4th, 9:21 am

Is the new star wars game available on the ps store or do psp go owners have to wait until thursday ?

krae_man said:

November 4th, 9:23 am

To the people saying “Just make a US account”

We all have one, we created it to download Ragdoll Kung Fu for Free, the Video store is region blocked, that tab doesn’t appear for us even when in the US store.

Oh and the lack of a video store in Canada has nothing to do with the CRTC. The CRTC might have created another hoop or two Sony has to jump through.

The lack of a video store is totaly due to the effort(or lack there of) Sony has put in to making it happen. Sony could have had a video store for Canada out by now, they have just chosen not to make it a priority.

Look how long PSN cards took, Sony just thinks Canada isn’t worth any more effort then the non existant effort they are putting in right now.

poodude said:

November 4th, 9:26 am

Damn, if only this service was in Canada, I would have loved to download the Clone Wars stuff. I usually don’t care for the video service stuff but I would use it for this.

THEDOOKU said:

November 4th, 9:28 am

I’d be happy to spend my Canadian dollars in the Video Store….if someone would cut through all the red tape and make it available!

Video Store in Canada PLEASE!

cornagandarub said:

November 4th, 9:34 am

Canada.

KSPRAYDAD said:

November 4th, 9:36 am

@21 ESHAM976

The video store is IP blocked. It has NOTHING to do with having an ‘American’ account.

Thanks for your input though.

KSPRAYDAD said:

November 4th, 9:39 am

@37…exactly. There ARE some CRTC issues but mainly it is copyright issues and Rogers/Telus/Bell getting in the way.

However, Apple has been able to cobble together a decent system in Canada so there is NO reason for SONY not to have done the same by now.

Thus why I moved on to iTunes and Live months ago…SONY never answers us.

yzfmike said:

November 4th, 9:42 am

Id love to see this stuff, BUT my launch 60 gig just died 2 days ago from YLOD. Im sad it has happened. Im getting it repaired because I use everything it has to offer like PS2 playback. I cant wait to see this stuff when I get my PS3 back.

lxatruch said:

November 4th, 9:50 am

Any news if any of this will be available for Latin America???? I cant even order with Amazon because when i try to redeem it tells that this content is not available for my account.

PLEASE!!!!!

theXecutioner said:

November 4th, 9:59 am

Is there any chance that you can add the Minnesota Twins-Detroit Tigers tiebreak game from this year? I was at the game and it was incredible.

Please make this Twins fan very happy!

xaos said:

November 4th, 10:00 am

While this is just a guess on my part, I’d imagine that Quebec’s bilingual laws are a key factor in the video store not being there. They seem to keep a lot of content produced in USA away from our friends to the north.

triple_lei said:

November 4th, 10:03 am

This blog needs to be IP-blocked.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

KSPRAYDAD said:

November 4th, 10:07 am

@48

As a Canadian I’d have no problem with the blog actively blocking video store news based on my ip address (opt in)…at they same time though SONY could take the darn icon off my XMB too…right.

Rosenort said: