PS4-The Order

MLB and Lucasfilm Join PlayStation Network’s Video Delivery Service

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Nov 04, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

This week we’re excited to report the launch of several new partners on PlayStation Network that offer even more downloadable entertainment and sports from PlayStation Store.

MLB and Lucasfilm on PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service

Lucasfilm Ltd. presents Star Wars: The Clone Wars, a CGI animated TV series set in the fictional Star Wars galaxy. And for you baseball fans, we’ve just launched MLB content – the current 2009 World Series featuring the Philadelphia Phillies vs. New York Yankees (in case you’ve missed any of the games so far), and also a section with classic games. Our new partnership with Image Entertainment, Inc. brings us feature films like Powder Blue and Management, MPI Media Group brings us classics like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, ContentFilm International brings us movies like Hurly Burly and Interstate 60 and finally, New Video brings us Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. Additional titles for all of these new partners will be added over time, so check back often!

Here is a list of the new content that’s currently live on the Video Store:

MLB

Alien Tresspass
The Crew

Cinetic
Leverage
The Auteur

Content Film
Devil in the Flesh (aka Teacher’s Pet)
Devil in the Flesh 2 (aka Teacher’s Pet)
Illuminating Angels & Demons
Night Feeders
Cracking the Da Vinci Code

PAGE 1 2

+ zombie9 on November 4th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale
very funny suff!!I like good comedy. very intersting Thank U 4 Update! go Colts

+ AlphaTribe2007 on November 4th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

This sounds great but I have one question.

How does this work with the whole Net-Flix thing?

It looks like the store is striving to get more and more content on the PS store but then you make an agreement with Net-Flix, I am confused. Should I go sign up for Net-Flix or support the store?

I hope this gets answered.

Thanks.

+ ssmcp137 on November 4th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

canada sucks donkey ballz U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A
GOD BLESS AMERICA

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 4th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

@53…

Shouldn’t you be in nursery school right now?

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 4th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

@52…

The store is for one off purchases/rentals, new releases.

Netflix requires an approx $10/subscription fee for the delivery of DVD/BD discs to your home…in addition to that service they offer streaming of some movies over the PSN.

So…one is an ongoing subscription to older content (for the streaming part) suplemented with new releases in hardcopy and the other service is for digital delivery of new content in one off rental or purchase form.

+ Raglan on November 4th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

great to see all this will finally be coming to canada.. where is that anyway?

+ Magwheels on November 4th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Sucks for all the Canadians that can’t get the video service. But is their no Playstation blog for Canada? I doubt complaining in the U.S. blog is really going to accomplish anything.

+ SteveW928c on November 4th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Kristi Fernadez replied, “Whoa Whoa Whoa I’ve answered this Canada questions weekly and numerous times. We have no announcements to make on the US Video Store blog post at this time about the release of the Video Store in Canada. Sorry!”

Umm, I think that is kind of the problem and the point. Maybe you SHOULD make some kind of statement rather than that you have no statement to make. Then you might not have to whoa, whoa, whoa. 2 months? 6 months? 1 year? Wait for the PS7? Maybe you don’t have a hard, set date, but surely if you’re actually WORKING ON IT, you have some clue about how things are going with it. The silence leads us to believe you’re not working on it.

+ krae_man on November 4th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

What’s his name from Sony Computer Entertainment Canada has posted Here from time to time.

He did when PSN Cards Finally came to Canada. So this is the blog for Canadians.

If only Sony actually gave Canada the appropriate amount of time and effort.

+ Berae on November 4th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

@Kristi Fernadez

Thats not enough… make it happen…

+ xaos on November 4th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

@58, do you want her to just make something up? :\ Or do you think that the folks at the PSN are sitting there snickering at how they are totally screwing over Canada by not being able to make money by selling things to them? Honestly, of course they want the video store to be available in Canada because that means more profit opportunity for them…

+ TrueFFVIIFan on November 4th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

Where is the subtitles for moves/television shows??? Come on!- Get to work on this one now!

+ blackmajic13 on November 4th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

How many times do these Sony guys have to tell you Canadians? It’s not as simple as just adding it to your PS3s, there’s legal issues, which they’ve said like hundreds of times in other posts.

+ poodude on November 4th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

@ 5, there are lots of Canadians on this Blog, so it does make a difference. As you may have seen, Canada gets included a lot more in Blog posts and that’s because we keep posting here. Plus our website sucks and I’m not even sure if we have a Blog for Canada.

+ poodude on November 4th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

I meant a 57 not 5, wow we really need a comment editing button.

+ jedi_webslinger on November 4th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

We dont have a blog on the Canadian site.
And i would like to remark that i had to call Sony in the USA when my PS3 broke. The SCEA includes Canada, so we have a right to be here.
But i have to admit that every time everybody complains, it is redundant. Somebody will post when the time will come. Everybody knows that it is legal issues, so i dont think the complaining will help. Can’t wait to get the option, but i can wait. Anyways, too many games im playing right now.

+ krae_man on November 4th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

I bet getting the video store up and running in Canada is going to take like 500 man hours of labor and SCEC only has one guy working on it and he can only spend 5 hours a week on it.

So its going to take 100 weeks before its ready and the guy only started 6 months ago which means we can expect the Video Store no earlier then March 2011.
—————————————

The reason for the delay is probably something about that stupid.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 4th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) is responsible for the continued growth of the PlayStation® market in the United States and Canada.

That is a direct quote from SCEA on the US.playststion.com website.

So my dear Americans (US ones)…Canadian’s have every right to have their hard earned and spent dollars respected on this blog…Canadians pay the SCEA salaries too.

It is a VERY simple answer that is needed.

We are working on it or we are not working on it. Any other answer is unacceptable.

+ anotherdae on November 4th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

What about buying whole seasons? Downloading (and paying) for each episode is just crazy.

+ STIFF1 on November 4th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

I have money. I wan’t to spend it. Get this service up and running in CANADA!!!!!!!

+ THEDOOKU on November 4th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

The only evidence I can find of Sony saying anything about this is HERE. http://www.psu.com/Sony-working-on-video-store-for-Canadians-News–a007924-p0.php

Let’s hope they’re working as hard as they claim to be.

+ ShadOforce on November 4th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

Any news on when Netflix will be coming out? Isn’t it scheduled to come out this month?

+ Vabor on November 4th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

MLB? Awesome :)

+ lSINGHl on November 4th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Since not in Canada … ou should put except Canada beside the update so we know.

+ royalflush5 on November 4th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

i hate the yankees and the phillies so you better put the 1969 and 1986 championships on the store! (lets go mets!) :)

+ Kchow23 on November 4th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

Hmm if this was the US Blog, where is the Canadian Blog?

+ darthmilo77 on November 4th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

None of the actual Star Wars movies?

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on November 4th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Qat bout the star wars movies

+ TehShingen on November 4th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

Obligatory “Canada” post.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on November 4th, 2009 at 9:57 pm said:

“I was excited about this until I remembered I live in Canada”

LOL, well said. Same too, I suppose there is tons of Canadians reading this blog, hoping each time to see a topic named “The video store FINALLY hits Canada, Yeah!”

I’ll continue to wait I gess.

“While this is just a guess on my part, I’d imagine that Quebec’s bilingual laws are a key factor in the video store not being there. They seem to keep a lot of content produced in USA away from our friends to the north.”

Yeah, it’s exactly that. But still, I don’t see the problem of making the content available in both languages, I mean, on the DVD, it’s in French and English and there is no “delay” for a traduction of some sort. So they have the french and english version of EVERYTHING on day one, why not just post both? I’m french from Québec and I want the video store! It’s not harder to post 2 videos, anyway Québec residents are buying more video games/consoles than any other province in canada, even it’s they are not the biggest one, Sony would make tons of money, ahh.

Anyway, the same old boring post, I’m sorry..

+ Senjutsu_Dav on November 4th, 2009 at 10:03 pm said:

Someone should start a petition to have this. Maybe they’d listen? Someone knows how to do this? If someone post it on the blog here, everyone will join for sure. (especially if “first post” in the video store update, lol)

+ jaserious on November 4th, 2009 at 10:50 pm said:

Canada just seems to get screwed over, time and time again when it comes to this stuff.

PSN cards took forever, no video store, there is also no zune hd in Canada.

This country for some reason likes to control what we watch which is a bunch of bs. **** the crtc, rogers, telus and anyone else ******* with our freedom to watch what we want.

+ ShadyDa1NOnly on November 5th, 2009 at 12:09 am said:

#27 YANKEES WON!!!

+ ShadyDa1NOnly on November 5th, 2009 at 12:10 am said:

Yankees Won! #27. #28 is coming home next year=].

+ MC2Fel on November 5th, 2009 at 8:54 am said:

and what about NFL?

+ Trey_Borbon on November 5th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

this is not me

+ mcbuttz78 on November 5th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

well i have question.. wen will psn moie support subtitle option , not one one can hear like my nephew.. I felt bad beacause i bought superman vs dooms day and he asked for subtitles and there where none.. Please look into doing this ty 4 your time

+ KLW88 on November 5th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

freakin’ Canadians, get your own blog to whine on!!!

+ lordbah on November 5th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Could this be a hint that some day I’ll be able to watch mlb.tv on my PS3? I am willing to spend money on it. Hopefully if it ever happens Sony and MLB can show some common sense and offer much less expensive subscriptions for only the one team that a given customer is interested in. On any given night I’m only interested in watching the Blue Jays (NO, I’m not Canadian). I don’t need to have every game being played by every team available for me to watch, and I don’t want to pay $200/year for the one game per night which I do want to watch.

+ Darth_Snider on November 7th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

-_- Where are the -real- Star Wars Films? The only “spin-offs” that I can ever accept into the real star wars universe are Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleashed. Not any of this extra crap, and yet, we’re swimming in it.. :/

+ Darth_Snider on November 7th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

And @Canada people

Stop complaining. Blame history. We have economic powerhouses like NYC (well..-former- powerhouses lol)

+ ARtsIndustries on November 9th, 2009 at 12:37 am said:

At least people in Canada can use Amazon or iTunes or whatever. For Mexico there’s only illegal download. And you wonder why all the piracy. If people all over the world could access content from all over legally, perhaps piracy wouldn’t be such a big issue.

+ ARtsIndustries on November 9th, 2009 at 12:52 am said:

Oh, and we (mexicans) can only get PSN cards via Internet on the Sony Style page.

PAGE 1 2