PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Nov 08, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

To answer what many of you have asked about in recent months: yes, we are working on a podcast. What we’d like to know now is – how important is the “pod” in the podcast? i.e. Do you actually listen on an iPod via iTunes? Do you download and listen on some other device (like a PSP)? Stream directly from your desktop/laptop? Something else entirely?

How do you acquire/listen to podcasts?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

We wanna make sure we get the syndication right… if we’re not making it available the way you want to hear it, what’s the point, right?

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of November 2, 2009)

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Axecution on November 8th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

iTunes. All the time. >.>

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Thanks to you, and everyone else, for their input. Looks like you\’re all pretty evenly split. We\’ll follow all avenues.

+ Sk8boyP on November 8th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Finally, I’ve been waiting to hear news about the podcast they were working on. I can’t WAIT to Subscribe via iTunes.

+ drownedphoniex on November 8th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

iTunes FTW. I have only one link, and it’s an easy way to get into the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Insert email address below the video:

+ CowboyDan on November 8th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

I get them directly to my Android handset via RSS.

+ triple_lei on November 8th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Download only!

Best for games and best for podcasts!

+ lcmnick on November 8th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

Need more GT5 news, dammit… :P

It would be good if you could stream these hypothetical podcasts live with a live chat or something when they take place, like engadget etc.

+ Destiny89 on November 8th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

I like streaming my podcasts, sometimes tho i just copy to my psp and listen at night before going to bed.

+ onlineatron on November 8th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

I have a Zune so it’s either from the Zune marketplace (which may be difficult for a Sony affiliated podcast to do) or grab the XML/RSS feed.

Please make these available.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

We\’ll definitely pursue the RSS/XML route.

+ onlineatron on November 8th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

PS. How often to plan to post a podcast

I really like weekly ones.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

Bi-weekly to start, I think.

+ Chrysus on November 8th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Any chances of seeing a new God of War 3 trailer before Christmas? :( Feels odd for a game to be around five months away and so little has been seen of it.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 8th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

I use my PSP for podcasts. The self waking/download feature is AWESOME. Actually UPDATING the RSS link within the PSP XMB would be a good idea.

Please also add a RSS audio/vido reader to the PS3.

+ KARAMO on November 8th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

I would really like to have a Podcast feed on the PS3. I like listening on the PC, while playing games

+ ElektroDragon on November 8th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

I get my podcasts via ZUNE MARKETPLACE, which you should support. iPod is so 20th century.

+ Ftwrthtx on November 8th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

I prefer downloading them on my PC and then playing them on my PSP

+ Toke_Buddy on November 8th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

I get them via RSS Feed on my PSP Go!

+ NewYork214 on November 8th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

i stream it through the PSP’s RSS reader usually. or just download it from the site.

+ Hpedni on November 8th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

I listen to them on MGS4′s ipod

+ echogridlock on November 8th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Ive tryed to download them to my psp but it always says video type not supported.

+ KazeEternal on November 8th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

In addition to grabbing pod casts from the website and dropping them into winamp, I also use my PSP.

If you guys are shooting for this whole Podcast thing you really should find some way to add RSS feeds to the PS3′s XMB.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

We\’ll probably add the podcasts to the PS Store for free downloads.

+ thegriefer on November 8th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

get them through itunes and listen to them on my ipod. From itunes you can drag and drop to your psp btw.

+ Kirkpad on November 8th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

I hate iTunes. I want to be able to download an mp3 and put it on any device. RSS is OK too.

+ V0L1M1N4L on November 8th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

PS3 RSS reader FTW.

+ EvoAnubis on November 8th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

I use the RSS feed on my PSP. Would be great if my PS3 did the same thing….

+ KazeEternal on November 8th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

So Jeff….

When we getting a PSP4000 that will let us use our DS3′s like the PSP Go?!

+ Shinogu126 on November 8th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

I stick them on media players. iPod nano, PSP, and would do so on the PS3 if you guys had RSS downloads on that. I mean, if PSP can do it…

+ kancion13 on November 8th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

i get the podcast for the media go

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

We\’ll be included on the Media Go podcast section.

+ zero914 on November 8th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

zune marketplace ftw lol. but seriously i get all my podcasts through zune so zune support would be nice :)

+ piro_z on November 8th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

my freind showed me this interesting article…. its not what it looks like http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95938-Halo-Comes-to-the-PS3-in-February

+ srafey on November 8th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

iTunes? come on guys this is PlayStation, use the PlayStation software for God’s sake! I use media go to tell you the truth

+ Stoffinator on November 8th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

For the podcast thing, I use the RSS feed on my PSP. That is how I get my podcasts.

+ Fersis on November 8th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

The only podcast i listen is the Insomniac Fullmoon show, i download it with the PS3 browser and i listen it while playing SFIV :)

Obviously im going to listen the PS.Blog Podcast

+ STMaraj on November 8th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

So what exactly is a podcast? Will you guys be talking about PlayStation stuff for an hour or something?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

That\’s a good question – and part of the reason we haven\’t launched yet. The emphasis will be on special guests.

+ Jon_Mclane on November 8th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

I download through my psp, and sometimes through zune but I just use the rss feed either way

+ MalcolmHB on November 8th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

Looking forward to the podcast! :)

+ almighty-slayer on November 8th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

iTunes is poo and i dont want that rubbish on my computer.

So yeah, i just download them from wherever they are.

+ alisound on November 8th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

How about you actually use the “whats new” section and do something “Dynamic” with it like promised. podcasts through that would be nice!!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

Things that are on the What\’s New section get clicked *a lot*. That\’s why we\’ve had the Blog, our Facebook, and Twitter accounts on there from time to time. We\’ll do the same with the Podcast, when space allows.

+ Jeigh on November 8th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Aw, come on, Jeff. Media Go is Sony’s own thing. I stopped using iTunes as soon as it released. (Apple is a **tch about syncing to the PSP- I’d always have to burn the damn songs on to a disc and then rip it on to the SAME COMPUTER so that I could put it on my PSP. It’s ridiculous.)

Speaking of which, maybe you could talk to whoever is in charge of the Media Go content, because the Full Moon Show isn’t on there. That’s really pretty much the only podcast I listen to (besides the upcoming PS.blog podcast- heard about it yet =P), so I’ve been downloading straight off the internet up to this point (*only* *because* *it’s* **not** on **Media Go**- I want to be sure to stress this point).

Good week. By the way, Jeff, just curious: what level are you? (On PSN)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

We can add Full Moon to Media Go. I\’ll work on that this week. I\’m Level 11, 37% or so.

+ Jeigh on November 8th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Alisound’s (34) idea isn’t bad either, minus the snippiness he’s ever so clearly exhibiting.

+ Darkos87 on November 8th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

I almost never download podcasts anymore, I find that just streaming them on my pc while studying/cooking/playing games is fine :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 8th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

Right, that\’s easily done.

+ Mobius_124 on November 8th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

hey jeff, other than Itunes, will this podcast be added to Media Go as well?

+ Manic_Craven on November 8th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

Mainly iTunes but ive just moved to Google listen on my phone – which is ample.

+ BlindMango on November 8th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

man I have to listen to the DLB-Network podcast and the PlayStation Blog podcast in the future, I bet this one will be great. It’s nice you guys are reaching out more and more to the community. Can’t wait!

+ RunKyleRun on November 8th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

I use the PSP’s RSS feature =]

+ I2v2nr20I on November 8th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

All PSP all the time. Definitely the best way to get my Giantbombcast.

+ nickjd331 on November 8th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

I like downloading from iTunes, and I like downloading from the PSN or the PSP. But which is better?

I would like both please!

(and as i have just read, I think it would be nice to use the PSP’s RSS feature, then i’d be sure to listen(assuming I can with the EU PSN))

+ Lucreto on November 8th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

I would download it from the originating website. I don’t have an iPod and don’t plan on getting one. Best not limit yourself to iTunes.

+ eva-11 on November 8th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

It would be great if the PS3 had an RSS reader application like the PSP, then we could just download this podcast and others to the PS3. I know i would use this feature if we had it.

+ MalcolmHB on November 8th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Looking forward to the podcast :) I’ll be subscribing through iTunes :)

+ DJHaole on November 8th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

We at Urgent Fury have also found that iTunes is a great way to publish our podcast, just Search for Urgent Fury in iTunes and you will find our PodCast as well.

+ BlackMoney18 on November 8th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

i agree with #20. i just want to download an mp3 and put it on any device.

PAGE 1 2 3