PS4-Watch_Dogs

Disney Selection on PSN is Way UP!

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Nov 09, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone,

Starting tomorrow, November 10, you can purchase Disney Pixar’s Up from the PlayStation Network video delivery service — the same day it’s released on Blu-ray and DVD. The movie is available to own for $14.99 in standard-definition and $19.99 in high-definition.

up!

Up is among nearly 80 full-length Disney feature films which we will be adding to the video store to purchase over the next couple of days, including 60 in high-definition, such as Disney Pixar’s A Bug’s Life, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E and Monsters, Inc.

Many of these Disney favorites are also already available for rent, with prices ranging from $2.99 to $5.99.

If you haven’t tried the video delivery service before, there’s never been a better time. There are over 2,400 full-length movies and 15,000 television episodes to choose from including new and favorite movies, television shows, sports, anime, original entertainment, and more.

Browse through the list below, then visit PlayStation Store and enjoy!

THE 25TH HOUR
HANNAH MONTANA 2009 MOVIE
HAPPY GO LUCKY
HERO
HIGH FIDELITY
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR
THE HITCHHIKERS’ GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, THE (1996)
THE INSIDER
INVINCIBLE
THE INVISIBLE
THE JONAS BROTHERS CONCERT
THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU
LILO & STITCH
MEET THE ROBINSONS
MIRACLE AT ST. ANNA
MISSION TO MARS
MONSTERS, INC.
NATIONAL TREASURE
NATIONAL TREASURE 2: BOOK OF SECRETS
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL
WALL‐E
WILD HOGS
UP!

94 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ darryl on November 9th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

“If you haven’t tried the video delivery service before, there’s never been a better time.”

I certainly would if Sony could hire a lawyer for a week or so to fill out the appropriate paperwork in order to allow me to give you my Canadian money.

If Microsoft can do it, so can Sony.

+ Berae on November 9th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Oh yea!! oh nvm its not available in Canada…

+ TrueFFVIIFan on November 9th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Which I highly doubt that Sony would respond to this in such manner because they never do anything right by us or themselves. That simple and nothing more. Until they find a way to do this right by us- then I will definitely be SHOCKED.

+ Brooklyn625 on November 9th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

When is the video delivery service going to come to Canada?! I know there is some red tape but if you really cared about us Canadians as consumers,you’d do it. I really like this service but can’t get it. I don’t even really know why. It’s frustrating.

+ gema11981 on November 9th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

sweet ty

+ itsJose on November 9th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

So any word till Marvel get its own store? ;)

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 9th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

Nobody cares about Disney, well I only care about Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction from them. Give me subtitles on the movies and tv shows, ability to buy whole tv series, fairer DRM like games DRM and then we can start talking.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 9th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

@56

Marvel and other comics are coming beginning of December, but it’s only for PSP, we want them in glorious 1080p as well Sony.

+ jeffreyv1987 on November 9th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

I’d love to see that whole list become avalible to own. All disney movies as of right now seen to be only for rent..

And yes Lion King is a good movie that needs to make its way to the PSN Videos

+ jeffreyv1987 on November 9th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

seem*

+ piro_z on November 9th, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

@ phinnv8 don’t you mean birth by sleep for psp I havnt heard anything about kingdom hearts 3 0.O

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 9th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

@59

Disney movies are now available to own, seems like their contract with other DD services has expired.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 9th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Grace.

Have the DRM issues been fix yet. $20 is no small sum to pay for a video and I’d like to know that I can

a: watch it on any PS3 PSP I own (of which I own multiple) and

b: be able to redownload to a PS3 after issues related to failed hardware (of which I’ve suffered 2 borked PS3 systems so far).

Until these issues are addressed I cannot recommend to ANYONE to BUY video content…it is a huge risk to your pocketbook and does not allow one to build a library in a secure manner.

+ Pathard on November 9th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Oh wow.. that’s awesome!

+ arnoldmcguire335 on November 9th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

YAY!!! but… no Lizzie McGuire Movie? please add it!
Because if there’s Hannah Montana The Movie, there should also be The Lizzie McGuire Movie.
Please add it.

+ Matlane on November 9th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

SERIOUSLY! I WANT ANSWERS, AND I WANT THEM NOW!!! WHY ISN’T THIS AVAILABLE IN CANADA!!!??? I DON’T GET IT!!!

+ polo155 on November 9th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

thats niceee, thanks!!

+ kurtkbee75 on November 9th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

It’s about time!

I am still waiting for Sony to provide rating/review integration with flixter or rottentomatoes.com.

Sony needs to also add a season pass feature for TV/cable shows.

The PSN has so much potential, sad to see it wasted by poor/myopic design.

+ VenomXv on November 9th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

Disney owns ABC, therefore they own Lost. How come it’s not on PSN yet?

+ ssmcp137 on November 9th, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

i rather buy the 4-disc set blu-ray that includes a digital copy and a dvd all for $19.99 on amazon

+ IceColdKilla44 on November 9th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

Look, Grace…I’m really happy for ya, I’mma let you finish….

but the Lion King was the best movie of ALL TIME.

+ bLiNdSiDe82 on November 9th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

Get rid of the horrible DRM model you guys have and then I’ll spend a ton in the psn video store… Until then it’s iTunes and my Apple TV.

+ Doomsday34 on November 9th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

Will Gone in 60 Seconds be available for purchase? Because right now I think it is only available as a rental.

+ Crumpilstilskin on November 9th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

All of you idiots that are saying you lose the videos when something happens to your PS3 are aware that you can BACKUP your videos to an external hard drive right???

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 9th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

@73

Whoopeedeedoo, back up feature, make it so that the videos we purchase are tied to our PSN account and available to download on 3-5 different active machines and download it as many times as you want on those machines, like the games DRM, until then this DRM crap is bull.

I would also like them to add a rating feature (to go with my other suggestions on post #57) for us to rate movies and tv shows (as well as games and DLC), how come that’s not there yet?

+ bLiNdSiDe82 on November 9th, 2009 at 8:46 pm said:

Oh and we still want metalocalypse season 1 and the newest episode from season 3 premeire.

+ burnedearth on November 9th, 2009 at 10:49 pm said:

Where are the Aladdin movies, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Toy Story 1&2, Beauty & the Beast, Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs, Goofy Movies? The late 80s early 90s Disney movies are usually everyone’s favorite Disney movies and its sad to not see any of my all time favorites. :(

+ Zta on November 9th, 2009 at 10:51 pm said:

When does the video service come to Denmark?

+ btz on November 10th, 2009 at 12:05 am said:

lol $19.99?? for something I can only use on my ps3? naaaah I dont think so!

(and you guys complain that people download stuff from the internet for free?)

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 10th, 2009 at 3:49 am said:

@74

Crumpilstilskin | November 9th, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Before calling people ‘idiots’ maybe you should investigate what you own and are paying for.

The ‘backup’ service to ext hd only allows you to reinstall on THE SAME PS3.

So, as to my point, what if I own MULTIPLE PS3s…should I not be able to play my bought content on any PS3 I own? Also, if I send my PS3 in for service (which I’ve had to do 2 times so far) the backup will NOT recognize the PS3 as being the same one (whether it is or isn’t…just ask those of us with SINGSTAR DLC).

So…in summary…if I buy $500 worth of video content (25 movies) and my PS3 breaks I will LOSE ALL MY PURCHASES…backing up DOES NOTHING FOR ME.

Get it now?

Maybe an apology for calling everyone an idiot would be appropriate here.

+ THEDOOKU on November 10th, 2009 at 6:05 am said:

CANADA?!?!?

+ KidCommando on November 10th, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

Ouch! KSPRAYDAD just laid the smackdown…and he is right.

I just don’t see the value in the video service. Just like the PSP, I don’t understand how a digital version that lacks features is the same price as the blu-ray counterpart, and sometimes more exspensive. Why would I buy a restrictive, less mobile, lower quality movie from the PSN when I can buy a superior version on blu-ray?

I have bought over 40 games from the PSN, I have yet to buy a single video.

I don’t see the value.

+ RuthlessEd on November 10th, 2009 at 8:20 am said:

I can see the value in renting stuff, but certainly not in purchasing: at least not at these prices.

+ krae_man on November 10th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Sony still hates Canada I see. Gotta love the lack of effort they are putting into getting the video store up and running in Canada. 3 years since the PS3 launched and a year and a half since the US video store and its still not done?

That’s disgracefull Sony Period.

+ FoolKiller79 on November 10th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

It has been mentioned already, but I believe that the pricing for Up shows a major problem with digital delivery services. Walmart and Amazon are currently in a price war. Because of that I was able to buy Up on Blu-ray for $19.99, and that comes in a 4-disc set that includes digital copy, DVD copy, and BD copy. For the same price on PSN the HD version pales when put next to Blu-ray and is locked by the DRM that is also frequently complained about.

For this reason primarily the PSN video store is mainly only acceptable for rentals, and even then it is questionable, especially now that we have Netflix streaming.

While the digital delivery idea will be great in ten years this is a perfect example of how far it still has to go before it can hold up to its physical medium competition.

+ FoolKiller79 on November 10th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

And after going over the list of other movies: No Watchmen: Ultimate Cut? Ah well, at least it saves me from pointing out that I bought that 4-disc Blu-ray set (movie w/ Black Freighter cut in, Under the Hood, Motion comics, and film diaries) for $30.

+ hush404 on November 10th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

Sigh. Being Canadian… your “Promotion” of these movies mean nothing to me. Still waiting, Sony.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 10th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) is responsible for the continued growth of the PlayStation® market in the United States and Canada.

+ TwinDad on November 10th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

Wal-Mart for the win! I was able to get Snow White for $12 w/tax Blu-Ray/DVD comabo. Today I’ll be able to get Up! for $12 w/tax. I can do what I want when I want on both PS3s and the DVD player/car. Disney and other studios if your releasing a combo pack I’m not buying.

+ TwinDad on November 10th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

I shouldn’t double post to clarify my, “If your NOT releasing a combo pack I’m not buying” comment.
Still I either get a combo pack or the DVD. No need for only a BR disc. I would rather be able to play the movie in the Car for long trips then in the house in HD.

+ saintaqua on November 10th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

I reformatted my hdd and was unable to re-download my movies. Games are fine, no problem,but movies are too risky for me, even with the ability to back up in a reformat situation, you lose it if anything else happens or you upgrade to a slim.

+ mgsfoxhound2 on November 10th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

I LOVE DISNEY!!!!!! keep it up sony
my dauter loves monsters inc

my favorite is lady and the tramp

+ dragondemon123 on November 12th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

jipmg | November 9th, 2009 at 3:05 pm

You guys really need lion king
_____________________________________

its in the Disney volt therefore you can only get it online or until they release it again

+ Letters2Kay on November 16th, 2009 at 4:00 am said:

@ 38 stennex

I just had my system replaced after sending it in and I was unable to download any new videos, let alone retrieve my old ones on the new system. You say you’ve spoken to Sony reps, but I simply called 800-345-SONY and talked to a rep who deactivated my old console on my account and put all of my purchased content into a video download folder (which works the same as the game one that allows you to retrieve any games you’ve downloaded) so I could get my video downloads back.

ALL of that info you posted is incorrect!

PAGE 1 2