PS4-The Order

God of War Collection – Trophy Speed Run

William Weissbaum's Avatar + Posted by William Weissbaum on Nov 10, 2009 // Production Coordinator

With the launch of God of War Collection only a week away (Nov. 17th!), we thought we would give you a leg up on earning one of the more difficult trophies in the game, ’15 Min Fight Scene.’ To earn this gold trophy, you have to battle your way to the Loom Chamber in God of War II in under 10 minutes. We got Stephen Peterson, Lead QA Tester on God of War II and a Camera Designer on God of War III, to do a speed run while giving out as many tips as he can. After playing the game a hundred or so times as a tester, he makes it look easy.

75 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Knivez0r on November 10th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

First! And this is awesome. I should really buy this game.

+ MaGeeK-mAn on November 10th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

First Ha! Kind of immature though! Nice post nonetheless =) Speed!

+ rickspin on November 10th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

Nice looking fwd for this game!!

+ Kchow23 on November 10th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Awesome

+ Apotheosis93 on November 10th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

I have half a mind to actually pick this up. I didn’t like the first one after my first playthrough, and only played a few chapters of the second. The price is right.

+ Darnell0216 on November 10th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

I can’t wait to get this!

+ DaWolf619 on November 10th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

I can’t wait to pick this up. So awesome

+ polite_society on November 10th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Totally picking this up when it comes out AU-side. I haven’t been able to play my PS2 versions for a while… *mumbles*

+ DjD808 on November 10th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

@Apotheosis93, how can you NOT like God of War…I don’t think you were playing the game correctly. You should give it another shot.

peace

+ slyjak on November 10th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Awesome games with trophy support.

+ Karsghul on November 10th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

I hate that part in Titan mode so much…nice tips, but was he playing in easy mode?

Will the GoD3 demo be available NOv 17th?

+ bbd23 on November 10th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

NOT FIRST

+ jrivera0108 on November 10th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Thx Stephen for showing everyone how easily this can be done. :) Can’t wait to pick this up next Tues and put UC2 and MW2 on the shelf for awhile.

+ bLiNdSiDe82 on November 10th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Can’t wait to play these two games again and get all the trophies. Until then, MC2.

+ codelogic on November 10th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Unrelated to the content of this posting, I just wanted to point out that the age gate implementation on PS Blog videos is _very_ unintuitive and requires way more interaction than is needed. Please add mouse-wheel support and/or convert the entries to drop lists.

+ radiantshadow92 on November 10th, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

awsome

+ D-Squad3 on November 10th, 2009 at 6:07 pm said:

Awesome but I also don’t like that trophy cuz I like to take my time killing my enemies. And why is it called 15 minute fight when you have to do it under 10 minutes? Also I noticed that the trophy would pop up as soon as you got the trophy unlike the other games where you would have to wait a couple seconds for it to appear.

+ gema11981 on November 10th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

In case you didnt know you have the best job in the world !!

+ bbonds_007 on November 10th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

This will be a great rent, but not a buy sorry.

+ lostinplainsight on November 10th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

wow that guy was good sony should totally give him a job

+ DZORMAGEN on November 10th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

Buying 1st day!!

+ JumpMan33 on November 10th, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

This and LBP psp come out on the same day, Why do you have to make me choose. :(

+ DZORMAGEN on November 10th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

@22 BUY BOTH, that is what I am doing! :)

+ PACMAN_07 on November 10th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

can we get this video on the ps store it be cool to have thanks

+ Ejsponge61 on November 10th, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

Thanks for this, Ill be sure to use this.

+ Rinaldus91 on November 10th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

Kinda bummed to see that the trophy icons are all the same design rather than having a unique look for each trophy.

+ Bearded_Warrior on November 10th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

He did that in 5 min! lol! Doesn’t look too hard.

+ jqtaxpayer on November 10th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

lol, #2 fails big time.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on November 10th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

Thanks for the tips, will keep them in mind.

+ QCVic on November 10th, 2009 at 7:51 pm said:

@ 19

Rent?…..It’s a great buy, not rent. Sorry….well not realy.

Great Speedrun! The man is showing some true skill.

+ ivanramon on November 10th, 2009 at 8:01 pm said:

Wow he did it in less that 5 minutes, thats sick!

I want to get those trophies badly!

+ angelspawn77 on November 10th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

woah! was that vortex during rage of the titans in the regular version!? if it was i never knew about it! will definitely be doing that when i play it again for the 5th or 6th time. Then again its nothing compared to over 100. I dont think id want to keep playing a game after that many.

+ John_Oval on November 10th, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

Wow I had no idea you could do that tornado thing…now i know…great vid! Cant wait for the game!

+ KazeEternal on November 10th, 2009 at 8:49 pm said:

The 500 and 400 hit combo trophies are the ones I’d really like to get help on lol. “The Gauntlet” was pretty easy to clear in under 15 minutes when I played back on PS2.

+ poweredbyzen on November 10th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

uh, the guy looks like he needs to run for 10 minutes a day to lose the extra poundage, eh? :D but thanks for the tip! :D

+ bashbro25 on November 10th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

this is how amazing the first 2 god of war games are even after being released and buying them both i’m still impressed enough to rebuy them both on blu ray

+ LokeSTL on November 10th, 2009 at 9:00 pm said:

@William

Anything you could do about getting Amazon an early delivery confirmation would be appreciated. I’d like to get Release Date Delivery, but that won’t happen unless Amazon gets that confirmation. Will you please make a couple of calls?

+ somethingatt on November 10th, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

awesome guide, thanks a lot man.
got the game pre-ordered….just waiting now.
perfect time to revisit one of my fav franchises in 720p/60 with these lovely trophies :)

i dont think you need being said that you’ve done a great job testing the first two games and i’m sure GoW3 will be as polished.

hoping for more guides soon :)

+ GodModeGOD on November 10th, 2009 at 10:11 pm said:

These tactics are certainly effective enough for ‘Easy’ and none too difficult for a ‘casual’ to emulate. Insulting to higher level play, but I don’t suspect that was the point of the video…That sort of thing is left to the fans/vets.

I wish the trophies were less SMALL TIME if only to force players to work a little for them. Relatively few will pose any sort of challenge to even new players. It’s like a ‘selling point’ more than a ‘trophy’.

I suppose I should not have hoped at all for at least a trophy based on not using EXP orbs (upgrades) and/or extensions *basic Specialty Runs*…but I was sure they would at least make players best ‘Very Hard’ settings before they could get a Platinum for getting everything…

+ zeth07 on November 10th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

That was awesome. Looking forward to picking this up in a few days.

+ Chaos200786 on November 11th, 2009 at 12:39 am said:

Pfft Modern War…what…Kratos will destroy everything!

+ Silurus on November 11th, 2009 at 12:43 am said:

Finished the first one on the PS2 but never played the second, cannot wait.

Pre-ordered my US copy as no release date for UK :(

+ Ether999 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:01 am said:

Haha, I DEFINITELY don’t remember this being so easy back when I played it. XD

And is the vortex attack a new addition? I don’t remember it from GoW2, but then its been quite a while since I played it.

+ Silurus on November 11th, 2009 at 1:22 am said:

You Got the Touch!
Climbed the Spiked Column in Hades without taking damage.

Thats the trophy I am not looking forward to. Hated that bit of GoW1.

+ Enigma777 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:36 am said:

Can’t wait!

+ Naughtydogmania on November 11th, 2009 at 2:22 am said:

That trophy would be so much more challenging in Titan Mode =3

It took me some time but I eventually did finish the game in titan. I was so proud of myself *-*

This Game OWNS

+ GibbShift on November 11th, 2009 at 3:20 am said:

Never knew the Barbarian Hammer was so beastly. Thank you for showing the me the light. I will definitely buff that weapon to max status when I purchase this. Great video.

+ MavSkipper on November 11th, 2009 at 4:11 am said:

I’m getting the US version(already pre-ordered my copy) because we wont get it this year in the UK.

That 10 mins run is going to be a very challenging thing for me. :)

+ bowkerman on November 11th, 2009 at 4:35 am said:

If this Kratos goes under 55 mph….

+ zopi-san on November 11th, 2009 at 5:31 am said:

cant wait for it,but thats easy or nornal difficulty,look a the damage!!!!!

PAGE 1 2