PS4-Watch_Dogs

Netflix on the PS3 Available Now!

Steve Swasey's Avatar + Posted by Steve Swasey on Nov 10, 2009 // VP of Corporate Communications, Netflix

Great news for everyone who wants to instantly watch movies and TV episodes via your PS3: it’s available now! If you’ve requested a Netflix instant streaming disc for PS3, it’s on its way to you. If you haven’t, go to Netflix.com/PS3 today to get your disc. Enjoy!

110 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ WalkingSquirrel on November 10th, 2009 at 7:31 pm said:

Just bought a PS3 because of this feature today… I hope sales go up so companies see the value of adding services like this.

+ akibake on November 11th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

I’m not a Netflix customer yet, but three of my close friends with Xbox 360s are. I have been planning on trying it out, since it was announced that the PS3 would be getting the service, too. However, as simple as it may be to use the Netflix disc to access the service, I’m not planning on joining Netflix until the service is built into the firmware. It’s both a matter of principal and a matter of convenience.

Honestly, I can wait a year, if Sony truly intends to put off a firmware update for that long. I lived without Netflix for this long, I can wait it out. I have my means for finding movies, and there’s always the local rental shops, too. It’s mainly convenience that will convince me to use the service, and at present, it’s just silly to have to insert a disc to access a service that another console can easily access through its menu. No, I will wait, but why on Earth will it take a year to update the PS3′s firmware to support this feature?

+ AstroJet62 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

I’m Bad, I have not gotten disc yet and I’m already wondering when it will be available on PSP. I wounder if there is a licensing restriction that keeps NetFlix from playing on portable player like PSP. Maybe if it is FW then you could access it through remote-play and disc based content can not be accessed through remote-play. Could this be a reason for it being disc based.

+ jeanm3306 on November 11th, 2009 at 8:28 pm said:

WE WANT AN APP STORE.We don’t care about anything else, all we want is an app store, with an app store you will surpass xbox live.

+ rppb on November 15th, 2009 at 7:43 am said:

It works great; but I wish you didn’t have to put the disc in every time you want to watch a movie.

+ ClitCMDR on November 15th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

I understand how this is not in the firmware yet, but how on earth is this app not just a download like all the other hundreds of games, etc? The disc is such a pain it is almost ridiculous at this day and age.

+ SAMURAIX3000 on November 15th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

Netflix on PS3 rocks! It has more categories available than the Xbox 360.

+ csomer on November 18th, 2009 at 7:33 am said:

I wish Netflix was streaming newer movies and tv shows. I mean how much “Coach” can a person watch?

+ bataille on November 20th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

Despite my ps3 being wired directly to my cable modem and connected to my Sony TV with HDMI, I’m having bad problems with audio/visual sync on streamed Netflix content.

For instance, South Park Season 6, Ep 11 – the whole file is off, and there’s no way to “resync” the audio & visual.

Very annoying and NOT fixed with the PlayStation 3.1 update.

+ J-Ozzie88 on December 1st, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

I have an idea make it so canadians can use it too.

PAGE 1 2 3