Minecraft PS4

Free Comet Crash Update Available Now on PSN!

John Bates's Avatar + Posted by John Bates on Nov 11, 2009 // President, Pelfast

Ever since we released Comet Crash for PS3 on PSN, we’ve been receiving a stream of emails from fans requesting new features. We’re excited to satisfy a bunch of these requests in a content patch that’s available right now. The update introduces new levels, new maps, new battle settings and a new difficulty mode. The fresh additions showcase the best of what Comet Crash has to offer, while making sure fans have plenty to keep them warm during the holidays.

Check out this gameplay footage of the Kreios Resurgence:

The 1.03 update adds the following features:

• ‘Expert’ difficulty setting for seasoned Comet Crash players. You’ll see a surge in enemy attacks that will put your skills to the test.
  • 4 new Resurgence levels–one unlocked at the end of each comet during the Campaign. Resurgence levels may require completely new strategies. Beware…no hints!
  • 4 new Battle maps to mix up your games a bit.
  • Battle timer setting. After the timer runs out, all mobile units generate at 8x the normal rate which should bring games to an exciting finish!
  • Thorium setting to tweak available resources in Battle mode.

In Comet Crash, players must use everything at their disposal, including defenses bristling with high-tech weaponry, to stop the rush of enemies from destroying their base. Unlike traditional tower defense games, players must then rally their own forces and launch offensive strikes against the alien threat, using a number of different mobile units, such as the nimble Scout or specialized Thief, which can turn enemy units into powerful allies.

Featuring a robust Campaign Mode with 28 challenging and puzzle-like stages, as well as various multiplayer and co-op modes, Comet Crash offers a gripping combination of strategy and action.

For more information on Comet Crash, please visit: http://www.cometcrash.com/

Happy holidays!

+ unam88 on November 11th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Nice update. I though for a moment there that the game was free! 1st?

+ KIT-_-KAT on November 11th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

woohoo!!! ima download it once my ps3 get fixed!!!

+ DKShadow on November 11th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Free!? You guys are awesome, thanks!

+ KIT-_-KAT on November 11th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

woohooo!! ima download it once my ps3 gets fixed!!

+ KidCommando on November 11th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Oh how I love to visit the blog and see FREE…

Good Job!

+ bLiNdSiDe82 on November 11th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

Thanks for the free update. I may actually buy this game now.

+ Armyless on November 11th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

Thanks for a great update! This is one of the best games on the PSN, and it just keeps getting better!

+ dsigns209 on November 11th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Nice update. Any change of there ever being online play?

John Bates's Avatar

+ John Bates on November 11th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

We\’re researching online play potential and will have an answer for you next month.

+ tenshin78 on November 11th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Lots of sweet free updates for the PSN, nice on this one!

+ Metellica505 on November 11th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

PSN thank you for the free updates!

+ echogridlock on November 11th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

Wow! You Rock! Another free update? Thanks for the support.

+ KILLZONE79 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

anyword if this game will get online multiplayer?

+ FunkyTable on November 11th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

Hmm, I’ve thought about getting a game to play with my brother this Christmas, this looks like a contender.

+ iComet on November 11th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

@#8
Online multiplayer confirmed…!

+ Jeigh on November 11th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

Thanks so much, you guys. I really have enjoyed all of my time with this game. As soon as my parents are done with PixelJunk Monsters, I’m thinking this would be a good step up for them, while still being familiar enough to facilitate the jump. (They really don’t want to start too many games at once. I tried to explain to them that these are the sort of games you can jump in and out of easily. Still, that they’ve started playing is impressive enough.)

+ DeadAtom on November 11th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Will there be any new trophies with this update? Will you ever include a map/unit editor so people can create, play, share maps and scenarios?

Also I know that multiplayer is a hassle because of all the numbers of units and stuff. What about people using a third ps3 to host multiplayer games akin to warhawk? Would that mitigate some of the issues?

Or is the problem due to the number of onscreen units which are bandwidth intensive. Thus cannot be done due to the bandwidth limitations in the USA? Which would require the bandwidth infrastructure of the USA to first be upgraded before Comet Crash creators could even contemplate multiplayer?

Thats all my questions.

John Bates's Avatar

+ John Bates on November 11th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

Hey DeadAtom, unfortunately no new trophies. For networking, your second guess is correct — the number of units may be an issue. Hopefully there is a way around it that works on any broadband connection.

+ afdgsfdgnb on November 11th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

How about putting the game on a disc?

+ phinnv8 on November 11th, 2009 at 7:10 pm said:

This game looks great, I was busy when it came out and sorta forgot about it. After seeing this and remembering the great reviews it got I think I’ll grab it on PSN this weekend.

+ Armyless on November 11th, 2009 at 9:19 pm said:

The game is just fun. Period. It never gets ridiculously tough, and the tension builds steadily. The music is perfect. If you like a fun challenge and a cool way to invent strategies… this is your game.

+ KILLZONE79 on November 12th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

@ #8 john bates reply

that will be awesome to play online

+ Bhurak on November 12th, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

Keep this stuff coming, I’ve had so much local multiplayer fun with this game! It’s great that this update is free, I’d also be glad to buy a large level pack sometime in the future!

+ HpSn50 on November 12th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

I also would have buy the dlc that have new levels and trophies.And I am really thankful for an update like this, although I wish you would consider of putting in a trophy for completing all the levels in Expert mode…

+ HEJJJ12 on November 12th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Great update for one of the greatest PSN games (its really fun with friends)

+ I_P1NKY_I on November 29th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

Tried the demo, loved it, then bought the game and its worth every penny!

It would be nice to have a Map Editor, but only if you could share them online.

Please bring Online Play =)

+ Thrill_Kill on December 1st, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

Wow, I finally saw a demo for this game hit the PSN so I just had to try it out. I have been waiting for quite a while for a demo, as the video of this game on PSN is, quite frankly, entirely unimpressive. In fact, I would have never bought this game if that video were all there was to go on. Whomever created THAT video to advertise your game should get serious about their job.

Other than that, I have to say, the demo was fun, a bit short, could use 1 more stage, but overall was enough to get me to buy the game. I will admit though, had the price stayed at $10, I don’t think I would have made the leap. Simply put, the demo was a bit too short. But, since its $4.99 right now I went ahead and bought it.

+ Thrill_Kill on December 1st, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Result – It’s a fantastic purchase as the full game is really great, and has thus far impressed me with it’s fun gameplay. The patch was also a nice incentive to purchase the game.

I only have two, or three things I would love to see added to the game if possible.

1. I would like the game to have DTS or uncompressed PCM soundtracks. The PS3 can do it easily, and more and more developers are listening to us and adding this into the games. Can you please think about it.

2. An intro to the game would be cool. Back in the day, most games came with some kind of intro, even on NES. I know it sounds strange, but I think if games like SoldnerX can still have fantastic intros/endings, and they are the same $10 price as any other DL game, then more games should be old school and give us our intros and such…that would make the game that much sweeter..(I know your ignoring this one huh, lol)

3. Online play – Seriously, this game has no online modes? In post 8 you said in a month you would give us an answer on that… well it’s been nearly 1 month now…whats your answer on that one?

+ Thrill_Kill on December 1st, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

3. Online play – Seriously, this game has no online modes?

+ Thrill_Kill on December 1st, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

oops, sorry bout that double post, this blog is a bit slow today.