PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

This Week in PlayStation Home: Assassin’s Creed, Final Fantasy XIII, Fullmetal Alchemist and A&E’s Lawman

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Nov 11, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Greetings Homelings!

We have a ton of cool stuff coming at you for this week’s publish in PlayStation Home. This week is particularly heavy on free video content – from exclusive video pulled from some of the most highly anticipated game titles, to brand-spanking new TV shows being aired in-world before they find their way to cable, to full-length episodes of some of your favorite programs. What they say is true – there is no place like PlayStation Home!

Fullmetal Alchemist icon

Anime fans will be stoked to find the first full episode of Fullmetal Alchemist’s second season playing in the 10-Screen Theater (courtesy of FUNimation). This free episode will only air from November 12th to the 19th. If you like what you see, be sure to head to the PlayStation Store, where you can follow Edward and Alphonse Elric’s quest for the Philosopher’s Stone by downloading additional episodes from season one and season two from this award-winning series.

Speaking of hits – few video games can match the level of anticipation that a FINAL FANTASY title brings to the table, and the newest addition to Square Enix’s celebrated franchise, FINAL FANTASY XIII, promises to be no exception. Assuming you haven’t been living under a rock for the past year, you’ve probably caught a glimpse of the sheer awesomeness of FINAL FANTASY XIII via one of the many trailers. The intriguing characters, the enigmatic Eidolons, the beautifully rendered environments, and the awe-inspiring cut scenes have spurred many impassioned conversations. And while it seems that everybody is waiting with bated breath for the next installment in the FINAL FANTASY saga, it is well understood that it takes time to achieve the level of “wow” hinted at in these trailers. To whet your appetite, Square Enix has given us a special, never-before-seen FINAL FANTASY XIII video to air in the PlayStation Home 10-Screen Theater this Friday, November 13th – so be sure to stop by and check it out.

A&E’s new Real Life Series “Steven Seagal Lawman” is sure to be the “can’t miss” premiere of late 2009. In fact, after viewing the trailers, we begged A&E to give us an exclusive sneak peek to show to you, the PlayStation Home community. Needless to say, they came through in a bigger way than we expected, offering up an advance screening in PlayStation Home. And on top of that, they’re even giving away a free virtual item – a Lawman Vest – to everyone that comes into the 10-Screen Theater. So come out and watch as Steven Seagal takes to the mean streets of New Orleans with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office, enforcing the law and serving the best interests of the community with the help of a hand-selected band of elite deputies, and then be sure to watch all the new episodes on A&E, starting with the series premiere on Wednesday December 2nd at 10:00pm PT (9:00pm Central).

Assassin's Creed Bloodlines Box Assassin's Creed II PS3 box

Those of you who “Live by the Creed” are wringing your hands in anticipation for the next installments of the Assassin’s Creed franchise – Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines (PSP) and Assassin’s Creed II (PS3). To celebrate the release of these stellar third-person action-adventure titles, Ubisoft has decided to release a line of special Assassin’s Creed virtual items in PlayStation Home. From hats and shirts to hoodies and wristbands, never has it been easier to display your enthusiasm for Ezio and all his stealthy ways. Find these items in the PlayStation Home Mall this week, and be sure to check back in next week for another installment of AC-themed virtual goods.

70 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ polo155 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

nice, thanks

+ mauaus on November 11th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

awesome, looking forward to it

+ polo155 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

L_S, V is a great show to ave in The Theater

+ xMONOX1DEx on November 11th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

Sweet! but lawman sounds boring. maybe its just the name steven seagal behind it that turns me away

+ WestCoastR3DUBZ on November 11th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

I want both assassins creed…

+ Karsghul on November 11th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

“Square Enix has given us a special, never-before-seen FINAL FANTASY XIII video to air in the PlayStation Home 10-Screen Theater this Friday, November 13th – so be sure to stop by and check it out.”

Is that the big announcement SE has for this Friday?

+ Armstrong on November 11th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Steven Seagal stars in his own series of COPS?

Wow. I’m in.

I was hoping for the FMA dub debut. Oh well :)

+ Jim777 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Amazing i cant wait, good update L_S

+ omnilaw on November 11th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

Sweet looking forward to the Assassin’s Creed Gear and putting in my order for AC2 on Amazon but hopefully the Download will be ready for the PSP day and date with the UMD>

+ asoccer on November 11th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

FFXIII and AC2? I might actually have a reason to go in home besides annoying jim777!

+ polo155 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

@4, Lawnman is good… How about some nascar stuff? Plzzzz.. but home is turning out very nice..

+ narwhalSTAB on November 11th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Steven Seagal is crazy, which makes him entertaining. Steven Seagal as a real cop is nothing short of greatness. I’ve got to check this out.

+ EvoAnubis on November 11th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Sweet!

+ kingofmactown on November 11th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

More game related costumes and full episodes in the theater! Thats what i’m talking about.

+ CrimsonFox13 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Nice, Fullmetal Alchemist, my favorite anime series. Thanks, Sony, though I’ve already seen the episode online (FUNimation runs it in their website). Assassin’s Creed 2 is my second most anticipated title this year, after Uncharted 2, so I’m glad you have ACII stuff as well.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on November 11th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Awesome!!! Hope to see more of “awesomeness” goodies from Square-Enix for Final Fantasy XIII and for Playstation 3 community as well!

Perhaps Final Fantasy XIII’s own personal space? And a new apartment for PS HOME???

+ KidCommando on November 11th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Those are some nice additions. Looks like I will have to visit Home again.

Will voice chat EVER return to Home? Why can’t everyone start off on mute and the user chooses who they what to interact with. I know there were A LOT of tool bags that ruined it in the beginning, but Home is about meeting other gamers, interaction, and community. It is just so dead without voice chat.

Nice update regardless.

+ Atomika14 on November 11th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

Assassin’s Creed items in Home FTW!

+ Jon_Mclane on November 11th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

This might actually get me to re-download Home

+ Castor on November 11th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

Hopefully this one is a little faster paced.

+ Castor on November 11th, 2009 at 1:56 pm said:

?????

+ G0D-Ectis on November 11th, 2009 at 1:56 pm said:

where do we fidn those AC items exactly on the mall ?

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 11th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

Rather have a WKC Home space… if you know what I mean. Chop chop.

+ FredPunella on November 11th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

Jon_Mclane:

“This might actually get me to re-download Home”

OMG!!! Will you??? Do you PROMISE TO??? The 9+ million PS3 owners online with Home have been DESPERATELY waiting for your return.

LOL! What a moron. What is it with these retards like little Jonny here that think they are impressing anyone by sitting around in Home news stories acting like anyone gives a damn if they are online or not.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 11th, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

@24…actually…if it attracts a new user to HOME I’d think SONY would care…since that is kinda the point.

+ ESHAM976 on November 11th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

another week of no new spaces. now there throwing tv shows at us. nice that there using the home theater. but also sad there being lazy and not releasing no new spaces.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 11th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

@24…

BTW…it is people that JUMP all over other people and use rude language that is keeping chat from coming back to HOME. Thanks for that.

+ DNAgent on November 11th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

Meh. The update is only good to check out the vest and the Assassin’s Creed stuff. Is there an Ezio costume? That’s probably the only thing I would get.

Also, lol @ FF13. I don’t even see why it’s being advertised in NA’s Home. Keep it in Japan where it belongs. I don’t want some gimped mediocre RPG. I’d rather have REAL RPG content in Home from great games like White Knight Chronicles & 3D Dot Game Heroes. Not to mention I think it’s past due for the Demon’s Souls content in Home.

+ tojeka on November 11th, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

I want voice chat. It is boring to type allt he time. We dont life in the 80s anymore! I dont understand the problem with voice. I dont need big daddy Sony to protect me from some stupid swearwords.

+ Qmoney88 on November 11th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

yes bring me voice chat as well, im with everyone else here, i dont want to have to type everything, talking is much more convenient, another reason i dont understand texting… seems like a step backward to me. bring it back sony

+ Xoombie503 on November 11th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

@24
you are right..those people think they are important and when they get back in home,they just look for trouble.
back on topic,i really like how the theater is getting to good use,nobody wants to see some dumb trailer that takes a long time to buffer.

+ Mosh_Pit on November 11th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

Well where is the love for us up north… all new features are U.S. only all the time… make a Canadian blog while you’re at it…

+ CapinChronic on November 11th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

AC items!!!! sweet!!!! I cant wait :)

+ iComet on November 11th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Can we get some game-themed wallpapers for our apartments and personal spaces…? Think about it, Locust ;D

+ IP-ll-llVll-IP on November 11th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

Good to see more use of the theatre but sad to see no mention of any bug fixe’s like, payed item’s that dont show up and the “many” connection issues people are having.
It seems Home is failing to capitalize on some great content aswell as not delivering on past promises of “future” update’s.
And being that its 2009 soon to be 2010 if voice isnt back very soon I’ll stop using home all together…No more PSN purchases :)
I truely hope you can change gears and start realizing Homes true potential soon or maybe get rid of the “persons” standing in the way of what Home was to be.

+ burnedearth on November 11th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

PLEASE bring back voice chat!! Great job with the game titles and the tv shows for home. if you could give us a few cartoons, maybe some decent sitcoms every week I would definitely visit the theater more often. To be completely honest the theater is a cruel joke with so much potential. I understand these things aren’t easy to come by , but give us a reason to never want to turn off our ps3s ASAP!! Thanks for reading and I hope my words weren’t too harsh.

-PS3s are sold out everywhere I went today :)

+ Conrad_Max on November 11th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Thank you for the news. Wow. I now have a deeper respect for Mr. Seagal.

Great work, guys and gals!

+ Jeigh on November 11th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

I don’t think there’s a single part of this post that doesn’t deserve this: OH, SNAP!

Alright, should I just drop in every day? It seems like it’s getting far too easy to miss free stuff lately. I do enjoy free stuff, you know.

Well done to all involved.

+ TheBanditKing on November 11th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

Awesome stuff guys, I got a question I hope you can answer. I really like the new PS3 logo and box design (as seen on Assassins Creed 2 there) but some games still use the older design, when can we expect all future games to use the new box design? Is there a cut off?

+ TheBanditKing on November 11th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Awesome stuff, I am extremely excited for Assassins Creed 2, though I have a question hopefully one of you can answer. When will all new releases use the new PS3 logo and box design like Assassins Creed 2 does there? I ask because right now some use it and some dont and it seems completely random, is there a cut off date for being able to use the old “spider-man” font/design?

+ lilshawn2012 on November 11th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

we want voice chat, play our own music and you could at least try to put family guy or something better in the theater

+ SDCFAN21 on November 11th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

what happened to MW2??? am i the only one who has that game here. i was looking forward to playin that game today since i didnt have school or anything, but now i cant because the online doesnt work, n lets face it that game sucks without online. one simple little blog post would be nice sayin wats goin on or wen the online for it will get goin for it after all we all own a ps3 here n we all go to this website to find out whats happening.

+ wU-sOLdiEr210 on November 11th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

final fantasy site has a trojan
avast virus protection caught it before it did anything to my computer

+ ADR143 on November 11th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

cant w8 for final fantasy

+ Monetep on November 11th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

The “awesome” video only on Home?
I deleted a few days ago Home from my ps3…
Mmmh *turns on ps3, starts downloading again Home*…
Great news anyway…

+ Tratious on November 11th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

That’s funny that is promoting an Aniplex produced show for people that don’t know Aniplex is owned by Sony

anyway can’t wait for the episode and whatever else for FFXIII get released

+ tojeka on November 11th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

@wU-sOLdiEr210
False alarm, there is no trojan. Get a better anti-virus software!

+ Rene_Led on November 11th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

Assassins Creed II items YES!
The request I, and probably other users, in the previous Home item suggestion threads have been fulfilled! awesome!

+ RenderMonk on November 11th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

Will there be a specific time that this FFXIII video will be available for viewing in the HOME theater?

Also, will HOME ever support the trophy cases that were promised so long ago?

+ lostinplainsight on November 11th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

either i just came from the future or there was an eyechat with the AC2 guy and jeff that got taken down.
was it because it had 360 footage?

PAGE 1 2