PS4 - Destiny

adhocParty for PSP Available Soon

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Nov 13, 2009 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Hi everyone! Great news for all of you Ad Hoc fans out there –adhocParty for the PSP system, which first launched in Japan last year, is coming to North America! AdhocParty is an online service that allows PSP owners with a PS3 system to connect to one another via the PlayStation Network. It will be available as a free download on the PlayStation Store soon.

So, how does adhocParty work? PSP titles with adhoc mode traditionally require you to play within close proximity to each other. AdhocParty takes advantage of the interoperable capabilities of the PSP and PS3 systems. It enables you to play games featuring Ad Hoc mode, such as Gran Turismo and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, over the Internet through the PS3. Your PSP connects to the PS3 via Wi-Fi, allowing you to chat online with fellow gamers in North America before jumping into competition from the comforts of each of your respective living rooms.

In addition to all of its competitive and social gaming features, adhocParty for PSP supports voice chat through the Wireless Headset or PlayStation Eye, offering you a complete and immersive gaming experience only available on the PlayStation platform.

adhocParty logo

We’ll have more details for you soon. Enjoy!

188 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ NOTTULYS on November 13th, 2009 at 11:16 pm said:

Cant wait for this…..finally SONY….you are picking up so much speed with everything, almost brings a damn tear to my eye…

+ SHINSPIKES on November 14th, 2009 at 3:32 am said:

I’m happy that this is finally here, but why can’t yah make games that play in infrastructure mode more often. Or, are yah tryin to say that the psp is a weak system and doesn’t do online gamin very well. If psp2 comes out, yah had better resolve this issue. And, throw in some 4g or beyond if there is no wifi.

+ SHINSPIKES on November 14th, 2009 at 3:37 am said:

Also, it would be great if we had psp’s that stayed connected to the psn, with friends list and everything else. You gave us the opportunity to play and connect online from our psp’s, but it is done soooo poorly, or not done at all.

+ lequish on November 14th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

I MADE THE FIRST THREAD psp >General

+ Daigen on November 14th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

This is great news. Unfortunately I have a launch 20GB (no built in wifi) so I’m out of luck. I tried the Japanese version of adHoc party and the message was in Japanese but I saw the “20″ and assumed this was in reference to the 20GB not being supported :’(

I don’t have alot of friends that I can game with locally so this would have been great for games like MH:U. How cool would it be to play MH:U through my PSPgo on my TV using the DS3 and online!

Despite this it’s still awesome that Sony continues to grow the inter-connectivity between the PSP and PS3!

+ mckg123456789 on November 14th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

Now this is worth getting excited about! Please release a date when is this awesome ad on is coming to the PSN!

+ ruleterren on November 14th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Very nice idea, indeed but I think all PSP owners really want is to be able to add friends and send messages,do voice chats, ect like what the PS3 can do instead of this adHoc party thing.

+ WestCoastR3DUBZ on November 14th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

Can you play GTA:vice city stories (PSP) online with adhoc now??

+ Armarc46 on November 14th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

Yes. Now maybe I’ll finally be able the play MHFU in a group hunt. Well, when I get my PS3 that is. :P

+ Super_Soldier_13 on November 14th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

oh and could the psp get trophies too? so we could show off like the ps3 and 360 owners get to? itd be nice if we had trophies and everything. thats what would make the PSP start selling like crazy. so yea sony thats your guide to success with the PSP

+ MAAZTER on November 14th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

this is great news i downloaded adhoc party from the japanese store so i can take my old psp out ang give it some intense play time its good to see it come to the american store its going to be fun challenging people to dissidia and other ad hoc games

+ johncarp60 on November 14th, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

not coming to canada of course.

+ CrystalX3D on November 14th, 2009 at 10:20 pm said:

Does this work if your PS3 is using it’s wifi for internet as well or does it need to have a wired connection?

+ CrystalX3D on November 14th, 2009 at 10:23 pm said:

It would be better if psp games just supported infrastructure mode out of the box. This adhoc party seems more like a work-around for lazy game designers.

+ poisonedsodapop on November 14th, 2009 at 11:25 pm said:

Awesome. I’d heard of the localization but didn’t expect it this soon. I’ll be sure to pass this on to my PSP owning friends.

+ poisonedsodapop on November 14th, 2009 at 11:27 pm said:

@163 Unfortunately your PS3 has to be hard wired. That’s one reason I was hoping the Go would work around that with it bluetooth. Kinda lame seeing as I can’t wire my PS3.

+ elevate07 on November 15th, 2009 at 12:46 am said:

about time

+ Elvick_ on November 15th, 2009 at 7:37 am said:

Good. Now we don’t have to do all ghetto.

+ Axonn on November 15th, 2009 at 8:42 am said:

At last coming to US, good step!

+ GregyG22 on November 15th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Awesome. I hope I can still connect without having to connect my PS3 with a wired connection.

+ sephirothstealth on November 15th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

now this makes me happy. ^_^

+ LordChocoSlime on November 16th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

Wow, that’s definitely good news to hear. Having a U.S. version of Adhoc Party can certainly make up for the lack of Infrastructure support most PSP games have these days. This gives me another reason to buy a PS3 in the near future.

+ billabongdude on November 16th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

Sick what about trading on GT PSP? Wull we be able to do that online?

+ WeaponElite on November 16th, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

Finally, we can get more people on monster hunter…….

+ LSpear76 on November 18th, 2009 at 1:59 am said:

WHEN is this coming? I’m getting tired of waiting for this… I want to play PS Portable now.

+ outlawhero87 on November 18th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

About time. I’ve been wondering when we were going to get this. Now I can play some psp games with friends now.

+ thatjenkinboi on November 18th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

This may get me to start playing my psp more often

+ H1TnRUN on November 19th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

Awesome news! Thanks for keeping it free!

+ anonymouszombie on November 19th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

kewl

+ phinnv8 on November 19th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Wow this is cool and I dont own a PSP (nor will I ever I’m not into portables) however this looks awesome. Way to go Sony you are actually paying attention to people wanting to do things online with friends.

Now if only your “only does everything” PS3 console could do cross game voice chat.

+ Souledge94 on November 19th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

I need a manual to know how to set this up.

+ Toon_Owl on November 19th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

I can’t wait to see it on the site.

+ angrystslayer on November 19th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Well I say EPIC win for us
now my buddy can kick my ass from
his trailer gran turismo psp

+ angrystslayer on November 19th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

hey can gta vcs be played with adhoc party

psn Id angrystslayer
gran turismo psp
fallout 3 goty
Uncharted 2

+ DjHYperio on November 19th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

PSEye is on the PS3, which you use to connect online with your PSP.
These are great news! cant wait!

+ Pelt_Hunter on November 19th, 2009 at 11:33 pm said:

Seems everyone loves Sunny in Philly these days.. GREAT because it’s a fantastic show and deserves praise. So everyone watch it so I can continue to watch hilarious episodes, season after season.

+ RaphaelDDL2 on November 20th, 2009 at 4:27 am said:

+ beanking81 on November 20th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

I was hoping it would let me psp games on the
ps3, not through it like some kind of proxy.

PAGE 1 2 3 4