Bloodborne

Fill Up Your Own Stocking This Year: Get a PSPgo for as Low as $199!

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Nov 13, 2009 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Due to the overwhelming response to last year’s holiday promotions for the PlayStation Card, we have new exciting incentive, this time giving you the chance to save $50 on a brand new PSPgo. From now until December 31, 2009 when you apply for the PlayStation Card, you could be instantly approved and for limited time receive a $50 card credit when you purchase the new PSPgo at SonyStyle.com. Plus, spend an additional $200 or more over four months on games and accessories at PlayStation Network with your new PlayStation Card and earn another $50 card credit. Find out more here.

PlayStation Card

Plus, unlike ordinary credit cards, the PlayStation Card gives you access to exclusive members-only deals on Sony products and the opportunity to pile up points at the PlayStation Card website for your chance to win fantastic Sony prizes.

Now if only it could wrap all those gifts, as well!

63 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ reson8er on November 13th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Until there is a solution to allow legacy UMD games to be added to a PSPgo, I will not own one.

Why can’t at least the Sony made/published games be added?

Go should be $100 cheaper anyway. Thanks for the heads up though :/

+ lcmnick on November 13th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Oh, this thread is going to be entertaining for sure…

+ zombie9 on November 13th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

LOL I’ll pass!!

+ GGCAN on November 13th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

I was thinking of applying, but just read the form to sign up for the card and it’s US citizens only.

Oh well.

+ dragonmagician on November 13th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Will Canada ever get the PlayStation branded card? It looks really cool.

+ Trey_Borbon on November 13th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

This is going to be a joke. PSPGO is a joke. Plus your ANTI Canadian deals are getting old Sony.

+ Hyperfludd on November 13th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

The Twitter Post for this actually lead me to believe it was a pricedrop. Curse you misleading titles!

+ DZORMAGEN on November 13th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Don’t you also have an offer for the PS3 for $199.99 is you apply for the card?

+ d_dogg2007 on November 13th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Honest question, can I apply for this if I’m Canadian or is this Us only? Please reply I really want this card.

+ DZORMAGEN on November 13th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

@9 I don’t think you can, and it is not SONY’s fault. When one signs up for Credit in the States, they have to put in their SSN. I know some Canadians have an SSN, but I think they are different to the US. But I can be wrong….

+ Sekoku on November 13th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Until you guys get third parties on board and PSP games that aren’t DAY-ONE (more like WEEK ONE, AMIRITE SCEA?) is less than $40 (NISA has it sort-of-right currently. But they need to drop everything other than PRinny and Disgaea and Badman below $20), the Go is a joke.

+ Ostaf52 on November 13th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Whats wrong with the PSPgo?

Im not getting it because I don’t need to be tempted to spend money on something that isn’t school

+ HatmanTc on November 13th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

The PSP-GO wasn’t made for people that already own PSPs. They were made with new users in mind. So people stop [DELETED] about no UMD trade in program. If you don’t feel the PSP-GO us for you don’t buy it. But seeing you guys complain about it gets old quick.

Sad to see that nearly every blog post someone feels the need to complain about something

+ ElektroDragon on November 13th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

Considering the TINY FRACTION of the PSP library available to play on the Go, even $99 would be an outrageous price.

+ Essence07 on November 13th, 2009 at 9:58 am said:

How about Sony makes the PSP Go $200 without the need for a new credit card. Even then why would someone want to pay more for 1/3 of the games?

+ TLSBill on November 13th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

Hi Kristin,I have to agree with some of the other posters here in that I will not be purchasing a PSPgo until a UMD conversion/download credit program is in place.

Thanks for the offer, but I think your main marketing problem with the PSPgo is the UMD solution, not the price. (Which is what this program tries to address)

+ Paznos on November 13th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Anyone wanting a PSPgo Don’t do this, just wait for them to lower the price to $199 MSRP, not worth getting another credit card for. I know Fry’s was selling the PSPgo for $199 but not sure if they still are.

+ Knight0011 on November 13th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

PSP GO is selling for $169.99 exclusively for TD Canada Visa Card holders at shopmyaxs.com.
Try it out.

+ mixedkidbx on November 13th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

yeah to bad you would need like a 750 fico score to get this card lol

+ psyXcho on November 13th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

you do realize PSPgo is still over priced @ $200… right? right…. apparently not.

+ KidCommando on November 13th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

I think the PSPgo is still overpriced, even with the credit card incentive.

After seeing the limits and restrictions of an all digital platform such as the go, I don’t think it’s for me anyway.

+ Chaos_Bladez on November 13th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

It need to be cheaper than $200 without any sort of deal.

+ Tailsnakes on November 13th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

I thought they were dropping the price to $199 without a deal, looks like I’m still not interested in buying a PSP Go. Nice effort, but I won’t be picking it up until the price is reasonable.

+ twooh on November 13th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

The go should be $199 max anyways. Maybe $50 off of $199 would be a deal. But not this. Haha

I’ll pass. 2000 for me for now.

+ GooDer_gAMe on November 13th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

I would pick this up if it were available in Canada…

+ Morac_ on November 13th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

The PSPGo isn’t worth $200. I’m sorry you’ve overbid.

+ isinkships on November 13th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Still too expensive.

+ Goaliegeek on November 13th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

Thats how much it should be!

+ jaserious on November 13th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

I got a nice deal for a go for $235 with Carrying case and 1 year extended warranty from someone on kijiji.

Look at the craiglist, kijiji’s, ect. People are selling them sealed right now for $200 or less.

+ bayn_ on November 13th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

I don’t wish ill on Sony, but I am glad that people are standing up against this, at least in the comments.

Drop the price of the Go.
Drop the price of digital games (physical copies that cost more to make are available for less! Sheesh)
Add in the second analog stick (or hurry with the PSP2)

I still have my day 1, 60gb, $500+ PS3 and $250 PSP and so do many others. We buy your hardware and support you so YOU implement what we want; that’s how it works.

Don’t you think its time you started supporting your customers? Or do you like being last in this gen against the Wii and 360?

+ xKOROSHIYAx on November 13th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

The PSPgo is a slap in the face from Sony to the customers. Even if you are well off and make a good salary, I still can’t see any reason why someone would buy one. After seeing the sales numbers of PSP consoles from October, it looks like the general public agrees.

I’m glad to see most people don’t support this crap. It just goes to show you can’t repackage something with less features for a higher price tag and expect the Sony drones to flock to it.

I like Sony hardware, but I really hope the PSPgo bombs over Christmas so they’ll never try some marketing gimmick like it again, which exactly what the `Go is.

+ ShadowOfEden on November 13th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Once again, it’s USA only. Thanks for the support of other countries.

+ BlooodyCow on November 13th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Will there be a similar deal for the PS3 slim? My brother wants to buy one, but only have $300 saved us so far. He still need more money for tax and an extend warranty. Oh and a few games and extra controller.

+ WestSiide on November 13th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

THE PSP GO IS NOT OVER PRICED. YOU ARE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF WHINEY, CHEAP BASTARDS.

+ WestSiide on November 13th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

THE PSP GO IS NOT OVER PRICED. YOU ARE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF WHINEY, CHEAP BASTARDS!

+ twooh on November 13th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

@34-35

Sure we are, sure we are. All of us say the same, yet you’re saying this. You must be right. *shrugs*

+ IceCold on November 13th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Wow do they really expect people to open up a new line of credit for 50 bucks?! Be serious Sony, my credit is was to precious to open up an account and have an inquiry on my credit for 50 bucks off a pspgo when you will drp the price to 199 anyways. I’m sure you see the sales figures and realize the pspgo will not sel to its potential unless the price drops. Even a Sony fanboy like myself thinks the pspgo is overpriced.

+ piro_z on November 13th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

another American thing there should be a canadian psblog or something :-/

+ Thrasher20 on November 13th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

Looks cool but if I get one I’ll be in debt and my non credit will be even worse LOL

+ J_S_R_C_N on November 13th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

I think that the PSP Go is a great thing. I am saving up to get it at $250. I love the idea of all digital content. Yes a UMD transfer program would be nice, but I can just sell the UMDs I have now to people who don’t plan on upgrading and use that money to rebuy them on PSP Go. Even if it doesn’t pay for all it will for most. If you don’t like the price just wait for it to drop. I also love the size it will fit just like my cell phone in my pocket. Plus no games to carry around. Not THATS a portable system!

+ sethchilders on November 13th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

First off, yes the PSPgo is overprised, and yes it stinks that you can’t convert UMD’s, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. The Go is mainly for those who are new to the system. I won’t disagree with some of the comments, but I hate it when everyone has to get all mad with the system all the time.

+ GooieGreen on November 13th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Hey, want a UMD solution? Here it is: throw them out.

Seriously, nobody is asking you to buy a Go; it is for people who thought the original PSP sucked because of the UMDs (like me who ditched it and never looked back) or for the ultra-fanboys who need every SKU ever.

The only things I hate about my Go are the prices for content (seriously, not downloading a game for $40) and the battery life is not at all impressive. In fact, the battery life blows compared to any other device I’ve ever owned.

+ bLiNdSiDe82 on November 13th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Just returned my PSPgo… Best decision I’ve made this week. Sony I love my ps3, but your screwing yourselves with the go.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 13th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

To Canadians,

Use a TD Visa at shopmyaxs.com (a store for TD VISA clients) and the go is $179.99 shipped +taxes.

+ mcbuttz78 on November 13th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

whine whine whine.. cry cry cry , shut the heck up already 175 psp go games are out ,, buy 1 dammit play it and shut the heck up!!! Im so and tired of it,,, Thsi is a good deal. It dont matter if your in canada sign up , visa is world wide man, shesh,, dumbz arse moto fruiters!!

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 13th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

@45…

You must be an American resident to apply for and be approved for this VISA. Do you actually know how credit works?

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 13th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

@Canadians.

Too late…shopmyaxs deal is now sold out.

In Canada watch for deals on the MBNA SONY card. You can apply for an MBNA SONY Card in Canada and receive 10,000 SONY points on your first purchase of anything. That is worth $100 at SonyStyle or any Authorized Sony Retailer. It is currently not available (last time was application in before Oct 15th) but it comes back every once and awhile.

+ burnedearth on November 13th, 2009 at 8:06 pm said:

i try to feel bad for people who knew better than to buy a psp go but they should have known better after sony didn’t respond to any questions about the games, prices, etc. my psp1001 is the best EVERRRRRRR. better luck next time suckeers.

+ Roguejedi5 on November 13th, 2009 at 9:58 pm said:

$50 is pretty good, but I’ll pass until there is a better promotion or until they allow my UMDs that i bought be put into it.

+ stri on November 14th, 2009 at 12:24 am said:

Yep, yet even more US only BS!

Whatever Sony, whatever!