PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Coming to PSN this Week: Peggle & Peggle Nights

Michael Santora's Avatar + Posted by Michael Santora on Nov 16, 2009 // Associate Producer, PopCap Games

Hey everyone, I’m Michael Santora, an Associate Producer from PopCap Games, bringing you all of our titles in association with Sony Online Entertainment. You may remember me from such blog posts as the announcement of Heavy Weapon on the PlayStation Network.

Peggle PSN

I am super excited to be able to tell everyone on the network that yes, we have listened, and yes, YOU CAN PLAY PEGGLE ON YOUR PlayStation 3 this Thursday! Peggle took the PC world by storm back in 2007, and quickly became the casual game that everyone – including a ton of hardcore gamers – played. Following on its heels, Peggle Nights was released and has also received major excitement and fanfare from the gaming masses.

Peggle PS3 fans, I bring you the double-shot of good news that not only is Peggle available this week, but Peggle Nights will also be available as additional downloadable content. This gives you two separate Adventure modes and two sets of Challenges to complete, in addition to the online Peg Party & Duel modes for multiplayer competition.

Just like Peggle on the other platforms, you have the ability to replay your best shots. Everyone has seen some of the amazing shots people have found ways to post to YouTube.com to show off their skills, right? Well there’s an exclusive new feature in Peggle and Peggle Nights on the PS3 that enables you to automatically upload your replays to YouTube without ever leaving the game! When I saw this for the first time, I was pretty blown away, and I am looking forward to seeing some really crazy and amazing shots from the many Peggle masters who have been waiting for PS3 Peggle to come along.

On behalf of everyone who worked on this title (and there are a whole lot of us) we all hope you love playing this game as much as we loved working on it.

PAGE 1 2

+ psyXcho on November 16th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

what’s the price?

Michael Santora's Avatar

+ Michael Santora on November 16th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

The price is $9.99 for Peggle, and $4.99 for the Peggle Nights content.

+ linebeginstoblur on November 16th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

It’s about time! Thank you so much! Can’t get enough PopCap, and Peggle’s got to be one of the best out there. ;)

+ Jetup on November 16th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

price?

+ Rylone1 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

If it comes out for PSP I would definitely get it but PS3 not so much. This is more of a mini than full game.

+ greenghoulie on November 16th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

Michael -

I love Peggle, but have purchased Peggle on 3 systems already: XP (through Steam), OSX & iPhone. Another system? You’re killing me. Are there any new additions? New levels?

Or should I just wait for PvZ (even though I already bought that on OSX)…?

How does PopCap keep us coming back? I hate that I love you so much.

Michael Santora's Avatar

+ Michael Santora on November 16th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

Greenghoulie –

The biggest thing to me is the built-in YouTube integration. At the PopCap offices we were really excited when we saw people making videos of their best shots for the original PC release of the game. I\’m very excited to see the kinds of crazy shots people will upload to YouTube now that it\’s a much easier process.

Michael Santora's Avatar

+ Michael Santora on November 16th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

oh and lest I forget, the 3 platforms you mention having Peggle on already (Windows, OSX, and iPhone) lack another very important feature that the PS3 version has:

Multiplayer!

doing an online duel or 4-person multiplayer game is a lot of fun. In the PopCap office we\’ve done a lot of multiplayer, and had extensive arguments over which Peggle Master is the best one to use for various multiplayer scenarios.

+ Rylone1 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Plus I played this before on a trial and wasn’t too impressed.

+ Marsz85 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

As excited as I am, what’s the price? It wasn’t mentioned so it has me thinking.

+ czakhary on November 16th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

Yes! I am not going to be able to play my PS3 until the 20th of December, but I can’t wait. I have Peggle for the iPod Touch, great game!

+ niall077 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

it took SOE this long to get a port of peggle on ps3 hope Im alive when free realms and agency are released.

(<3 pop cap)

+ voyte4 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

I dont understand how you can write this whole big article and now write how much is the game going to cost.If its more then 10 bucks for both you can forget it.

+ gators625 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Why no portable version? Wouldn’t it make sense to also have this available for the PSPgo?

I need some PSP peggle :(

+ Vengeful-Chaos on November 16th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

It would be really nice if they were both bundled for $9.99 :)

+ Flinders on November 16th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

@9
Agreed. It`s about time we get some information about Agent and Freerealms. But that`s not to discuss in this thread.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on November 16th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

I clicked the ‘click to play’ button, I was severely let down with the result :(

+ DrXym on November 16th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Peggle is a great game, but I’m not sure what to think of the port. I would expect Peggle to be worked properly for a 16:9 display and not play in big thick frame with a background picture to fill the sides.

+ TakiFuGu on November 16th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Watch this game be priced at $15 LOL. It’s an automatic no buy once it’s that price for me. $6.99 it’s a deal! $9.99 then I’ll have to think about it.

+ solo013 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

This is great news! I’ve been waiting a long time for peggle.

+ Moosehole on November 16th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Hey thanks for bringing this to the PS3 and the YouTube uploading feature is a wonderful addition!

It would have been nice for you to have told us the price for the game and the add-on.

$15 for both total would be nice.

+ MainEv3nt_69 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

is there in game music support?

Michael Santora's Avatar

+ Michael Santora on November 16th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

Why yes, yes there is. I was so excited about getting the post written up that I forgot to mention that. Thanks for asking!

+ AgentX on November 16th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

This game was announced a good long time ago (February, I think). It’s nice to hear that it’s finally arriving this week, and packing YouTube support along with it. You can count me among those waiting to hear the price announcement.

Has PopCap considered bringing their games to PSP? As great as it is having them on PS3, many of PopCap’s games would be even better suited to PSP. I’ve already tried Bejeweled 2 using Remote Play, and while that’s a nice feature to have, I’d much rather have truly portable versions of the games that don’t rely on being tethered to a persistent Wi-Fi connection. This would also be beneficial to PSP owners who don’t have a PS3.

+ DiscoJer on November 16th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

Sigh. The PSP doesn’t even have Bejeweled, so not a surprise it’s not getting anything else.

Still, saving me a lot of money. If a developer doesn’t want to support my gaming platform of choice, I’ll support those that do.

+ ManaKnight on November 16th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

OMG, so happy to hear the news. :D I’ve been wanting Peggle on PSN for a long time. I’ll buy RIGHT away.

+ kassatsu on November 16th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

Where is the Peggle love on PSP?

:’(

+ DaWolf619 on November 16th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

$15 for both games together? I can get down with that. I loves me some Peggle.

+ Jon_Mclane on November 16th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

will this support remote play via psp. I think I remember hearing all pop cap games on psn would support it, or maybe I’m just making that up

Michael Santora's Avatar

+ Michael Santora on November 16th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Absolutely correct sir! Peggle & Peggle Nights support remote play on the PSP.

+ FunkyTable on November 16th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

Will there be a Demo? My wife is squeamish about buying games like this unless she plays it first. But yes this looks awesome.

Michael Santora's Avatar

+ Michael Santora on November 16th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Yes, there will be a downloadable version of the game that will let you play some Peggle and get a feel for the game before we sneak into your wallet and acquire your credit card number. =)

+ amco_pirate on November 16th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

sold!

+ KwietStorm on November 16th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Was this highly anticipated? I never heard of it

+ twooh on November 16th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Might try this out.

+ Uraizen on November 16th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Yes! This game is so good and addictive on the PC! Seriously, anybody reading this, this will be the best $15 you’ve spent on PSN in a long time.

+ binaryreaver on November 16th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

I’ve already played and loved this on PC and I was hoping that the PSN version would at least make full use of the screen. Kinda let down.

+ omnilaw on November 16th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

in game music, demo reasonable price for two games and remote play. PURCHASED! Nice work!

+ Ejsponge61 on November 16th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

I’l get this eventually, but if it was on PSP, I’d get it ASAP!

+ NEJI64 on November 16th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

i wonder why Sony don’t make dev. use all of PS3 features. its more PSN games that support the youtube feature then full blown games.

+ ghamdikh1 on November 16th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

@Michael Santora

is there any plans to bring:-

1-plants vs zombies

2-zumas revenge

3-bejeweled twist

4-feeding frenzy

5-hammer heads

to PSN.

+ plaztiksyke on November 16th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

1. Have the art assets been updated to, and does the game render in 1080p native? (The video makes it look like a mix of new backgrounds with upscaled standard-def assets).

2. Will the audio be lossless, or even decent quality? Bejeweled sounded absolutely terrible, and Zuma wasn’t much better.

3. Are there local co-op modes that aren’t splitscreen?

I’m reserving judgment until there’s definitive answers, but given PopCap’s history on PSN, I don’t have high hopes.

+ Kchow23 on November 16th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

Will there be a demo?

+ DZORMAGEN on November 16th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

So this is another version of brick breaker on the PS3? I guess that is cool, there are at least 2 other brick breaker types games on the PSN. Glad to see people are excited and will buy. I might get it down the road….

+ Burnout2020 on November 16th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

Great news, I was wondering if this was ever gonna hit the PSN.

+ ModernYorkster on November 16th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Michael Santora,

Does Peggle feature Voice Chat via the Online Multiplayer?

Also does Heavy Weapon on PSN feature Voice Chat?

+ KosmoCrisis on November 16th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

Can any say when the PSN will see the likes of Astro Pop?

+ KosmoCrisis on November 16th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Where’s AstroPop? When are we getting that on PSN? XBOX (dare I mention it) already has it.

+ GGCAN on November 16th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up Michael.

Have this on my pc, but with the features you described above and in the comment section, you’ve got a purchase from me for my PS3 as well.

Keep up the great work !

+ KosmoCrisis on November 16th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

AstroPop!

+ Zonified on November 16th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

The first time I played Peggle was on the iPod and I’ve been hooked ever since. I can’t wait for Thursday! I’m going to have Peggle Fever for a long time to come. :D

+ Zezzler on November 16th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this game forever~ i’m glad you finally gave it to us, and with all these amazing features that i really wish were in all games. you guys are an inspiration to other developers. will be buying day 1!

+ Doomer112290 on November 16th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

Hopefully now that we have peggle, now can Popcap release Plant Vs Zombies to the PS3? I LOVE both Peggle and Plants Vs Zombies.

+ KILLZONE79 on November 16th, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

awesome, this game looks fun to play especially online mutltiplayer :)

+ KosmoCrisis on November 16th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said: