PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.10) Update Preview

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Nov 16, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi everyone, here’s an early peek at PlayStation 3 (PS3) firmware update (v3.10). The latest update incorporates Facebook into the PS3 experience. By linking your PlayStation Network account to your Facebook account, you will have the option for the PS3 to automatically update your Facebook News Feed with Trophy and PlayStation Store activity. This update also enables developers to set specific criteria in their titles to publish additional game information to your News Feed. You can then check out your updates, and those of your friends, on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media favorites through the PS3′s built-in web browser.

This is just the beginning of our integration with Facebook and we are looking forward to adding new features enhancing the experience in future updates.

Additional highlights from update 3.10 include:

• The Photo category on the XMB has been revamped to make it easier to see more of your photos stored on the PS3.
  • The PSN Friends List has been modified based on feedback we received after update 3.00. Additionally, you can now choose a color for your PSN ID on the XMB.

To get a preview of what’s coming in update 3.10, check out the video below:

We’re looking forward to releasing firmware update 3.10 soon. As always, we appreciate your feedback.

1,272 Comments

PAGE 1 24 25 26

+ igor26igor on December 5th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

New features are really good…Im planning on buying ps3,but what stops me,is absence of such good feature as install other OS.Im so desperatly wanted to have in addition to playstation menu,have installed Linux,but Sony removed this feature,that I even dont know what to do.Guys from Sony,please bring back this functionality,I would be so appreciative you,that you even cant imagine how.Im relying on you.Thanks in advance.

+ patd0311 on December 5th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

I too am having problems with playing disc after 3.10 update as well both COD mw2 and blue-ray disc. Im prtty bad because i have never had any problems with anything before update and now there saying i have to pay another $150.00 (just out of warranty) for them to fix a problem i didnt have anything to do with, so i will wait for a new update and if that doesnt work i will be taking all my business to X-BOX 360. i dust my console regularly, and its never moved around, the disc are not scratched at all so what else could it be?

+ LuisGiR806 on December 6th, 2009 at 12:16 am said:

I love how my PS3 gaming remote does not work now. I’m not to sure in why it’s is happening, but I believe it may have to do with the update. Seeing as this has just started after I did the update and not anytime before…

+ wSwSw on December 6th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

+ I_P1NKY_I on December 6th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

I am having trouble synching my Trophies and so are most of my friends. Will this be fixed soon as its kinda annoying.

And where is Cross Game Chat / Party Chat?

If you cant do it because of Copyright can you atleast tell us or say that you are working on it instead of keeping quiet and ignoring EVERYONE! Please.

+ papito914 on December 7th, 2009 at 12:39 am said:

ok so I upgraded my 80gb hdd to a 500gb and it wont work it says that it needs the ”3.10 update or later” how im I suppose to update it if I cant even get on online with the new hdd… someone help plz

+ igor26igor on December 7th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

People from Sony,please tell your management,that clients want to have on their ps3 such feature as install other os.Me personnaly,I dont want cardreader–better to use usb-stick,dont want ps2 backwards compatability because ps3 is for ps3games and bluray content,2 usb ports is enough amount-I can use usbhub,dont want 2 hdmi ports-one just enough.I like that you do use industry standards such as usb,hdmi,hdd,lan,wi-fi and others,we customers can buy all appliances in computer shops and its good.I do really want that you in future upgrades added support for firefox webbrowser because people must have choice which one to use,maybe for someone its just not enough to have standard ps3 webbrowser.

+ igor26igor on December 7th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

.And also Iam just refusing to understand why to remove feature install Linuks?I am sure people buying ps3 not just to play games,theres also enthusiasts and other users,and also pentagon and other organisations who especially bought and would like to buy playstation3 because of possibility to install and run Linuks.It was all so well,and it all-all the time moved towards it.Ps2 got hdd and ethernetadapter that gave possibility install linuks,but now ps3 has hdd and ethernet from the box and its impposible to install linux.Sounds like nonsense.

+ igor26igor on December 7th, 2009 at 5:37 am said:

+ igor26igor on December 7th, 2009 at 5:39 am said:

On ps2 a lot of people installed linuks,theres was original version of linuks for ps2,and theres also big community and websight commited to linux on ps2.Why behave yourself so as linux-community on ps2 and ps3 does not exist? I want in ps3 two usb ports in order to connect periphery,one hdmi-port because quality of picture is essential and important like never before,lan and wifi-internet is standard feature nowadays,hdd-because its time to stop spending money on memorycards.I dont want anything else in ps3,nor netflix,nor flickr,nor myspace,nor twitter nor anything else which really cost money to implant.Please,just bring back install other os feature,its not more expensive to implant,than social networking,and I am sure you will have as your clients also pentagon and all other clients who want linuks on ps3.People,God helps us to bring linuks back on ps3.

+ igor26igor on December 7th, 2009 at 5:49 am said:

And also,me personaly,I wanted to buy ps3,to use it as console and to connect it to my computer-monitor with Linux on board,but all my dreams were broken and shattered.Have very big hope,that Sony makes my dream come true.God helps us all to bring Linux back on PS3.

+ igor26igor on December 7th, 2009 at 6:04 am said:

People,lets unite ourselves and ask for brining back in future,in software upgrades–install other OS.Its very important.And also we are clients,and that means that we are always right,and we are bosses here,because we are paying our money for ps3,not sony.So it means that we have to demand what we want in products,which we paying our money for.So lets demand bringing back–install other os.Lets Unite.

+ igor26igor on December 7th, 2009 at 6:24 am said:

People lets Unite!Linux always and forever on PS3!Install other OS comes back to PS3 Slim,once and for all!God helps us all to bring Linux back!Lets Unite!

+ igor26igor on December 7th, 2009 at 6:26 am said:

And one more thing”Lets Unite!”

+ jigsaw08 on December 7th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

this is stupid i just wrote a paper basically and it said it was too long. Anyways basically. FIX the FIRMWARE. OR IM SWITCHIGN TO THE 360. PEACE.

+ pjb413 on December 8th, 2009 at 4:34 am said:

Getting coffee a person in line said some said, the heard people were buying a new ps3, then returning the old one which was destroyed by some update, using the box the new one came in?. I think that is awfull!!! People should not do that, just because every one else does!!!

+ livingpaint on December 8th, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

The buggy issue with the 3.00 firmware is apparent in this 3.10 as well. I own an 80 gb PS3 and tried to play Dragon Age (had to update firmware). Within a week, same issue everyone else is having with the 3.00 firmware that I keep hearing. I dont mod or hack or anything like that so why the hang ups? I cant even play BlueRay discs now! Im a die-hard Sony fan but being the most expensive console on the market makes it hard to have to buy another one to play the games I want…

+ cano3022 on December 10th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

I cant play my ps3 anymore because of sony, i wanted to buy modern warefare 2 and ratchet & clank a crack in time but my ps3 keeps freezing everytime i load or save a game, so if anybody knows how to fix my ps3, please reply.

+ shotgunjoe123 on December 11th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

Basically I just want an update which allows backwards compatibility with PS2 games. Is there anything like this in the pipeline?

+ pyromaniac344 on December 12th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

The only thing that worked from 3.10 for me is the colors in Friends. The pictures are the same and the Facebook icon won’t even show up. :(

+ sega7281 on December 13th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

cool i love it but is incomplete i would like to login from a facebook app not the ps3 browser and mix my psn friends with my facebook friends on the ps3 good job really i love it

+ strack94 on January 9th, 2010 at 1:44 am said:

Any idea when the new update will come? We need new features like music search the ability to record your gameplay and create movies rite from xmb. Voice chat revamped message box add an invite box. Just things that should have been here already. I Sony can do this, they are the best at innovation.

PAGE 1 24 25 26