GTAV PS4

God of War Collection Launches Today for PS3!

John Hight's Avatar + Posted by John Hight on Nov 17, 2009 // Director of Product Development, Santa Monica Studio

God of War fans,

Kratos has finally come to the PS3! Just in time for the holidays, fans can now enjoy the award-winning God of War and God of War II in stunning HD. To give you a refresher on specifics, God of War Collection includes both critically acclaimed games remastered in full HD resolution complete with 2X anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second — all on a single Blu-ray disc. And if this ultra smooth gameplay wasn’t enough, we’ve also added PlayStation Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games).

Our team did an exceptional job supporting the release of God of War Collection while at the same time tending their work on God of War III. It’s inspirational for us to see the critical acclaim and the overall positive reception we’re receiving for this package. We take pride in everything we do and it’s cool to see that our fans appreciate the effort. An Olympic-sized thank you goes out to the entire Santa Monica Studio, as well as Bluepoint Games, for this momentous accomplishment. With the God of War III launch getting closer everyday, we’re hoping the God of War Collection will get you fired up to reconnect with Kratos!

Here’s another look at our trailer, as well as some of the reviews that have hit so far. In the end there will be only chaos!

God of War Collection Reviews

+ ZellBell on November 17th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

what about ratchet and clank collection? the onesthat are for ps2 because i have the 80 gig from 2007 and all my ps2 games play fine but my ratchet and clank games are very very slow.

+ AceNet2 on November 17th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

Yeah, BS! I’m glad we’re getting this collection and I hope to see more (ICO plz) But someone dropped the ball on this one. I stopped at Gamecrazy today. The disc *ships* today, it won’t be available at retail anywhere in my area until tomorrow. Not cool Sony, Tuesday has long been the street date for new games/movies (in the US that is)

Get your $#!t together over there!

+ Tsao on November 17th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

LIARS! It isn’t here in North Carolina today.

+ Destiny89 on November 17th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

Getting this tomorrow along with yu gi oh tag force 4 :P

+ Bladesofgold on November 17th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Sony you guys made a mistake with the release date which is ok since its just a day late but seriously is an apology to much to ask for. Guess only posters who smooch up get replies.

+ Doomer112290 on November 17th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

I preordered a copy of this on gamestop’s website. Just gotta wait now. =/

+ katsuo7171 on November 17th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Should have released this on December 17th, I’m getting Assassin’s Creed 2 today and I’ll be dead broke until my pay. If I get a holiday bonus no doubt this game is mine.

+ Ckrovax on November 17th, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

This is a great port from the ps2 system. I hope they do this with some other great ps2 games that definitely have great potential for porting to the ps3. I’ll be picking this one up asap.

+ KSlay091 on November 17th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

wasn’t at the game store i pre-ordered it at.

hopefully tommmorow.
first time ever buying a gow and im kinda dissapointed in this launch mistake

+ NeonReaver on November 17th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

Gamestop called me earlier and told me it would be TOMORROW before it would be here, so this blog post is wrong.

+ Darth_Snider on November 17th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

That’s great, but where’s LittleBigPlanet in the PSN store?

+ KidCommando on November 17th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

went on lunch to get mine today, but they are late. :( boo hoo. Chicago, IL

+ jrivera0108 on November 17th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

Nowhere to be found here in Vegas. Wish I was playing GoW instead of reading about it. Supposedly, I’ll be able to pick it up from gamestop 2moro.

+ TAGImperium on November 17th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

TOTAL CRAP. The wonderful Gamespot employees assured me that if I pre-ordered that I could pick it up at Midnight with Assassins Creed 2. WRONG! I still haven’t found it all day and Gamestop won’t get it in till tommorrow. Crap.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 17th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Buying it. Why have you called it Blu-Ray in the manual? Proof reading FTW.

*http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/11/500x_god_of_war_collections.jpg

+ Nonskid on November 17th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

EB Games, Future Shop, and Best Buy here in Vancouver (Canada) are saying Wednesday.

+ YorlecmNwahs on November 17th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Nowhere to be found in Ottawa, Ontario. :(

+ LokeSTL on November 17th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

Inexcusable that this wasn’t in retailer hands today. What was the use of completing the game two weeks ahead of schedule if you guys weren’t going to have it on shelves in time. I’m sure you guys could come up with some bologna “there’s more to it” excuse, but we all know what happened here. Half assed is half assed, no matter how you spin it. Please make steps to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.

+ QCVic on November 17th, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

Yeah it sucks that Gamestop won’t have it until tomorrow.

+ Qatsmasher on November 17th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

Ship date isn’t the same as release date. You guys should have put “Ships on 11/17/09″ instead of “Available” on the adverts. I scoured my entire city and everyone says, “You can get it tomorrow.” If I wanted it tomorrow I wouldn’t be here but because I was expecting it TODAY I want it TODAY! The same thing happened with Dead Space. Took the day off for no reason. Don’t say it will be out when it won’t be. Grrrr.

+ Demonhunter84 on November 17th, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

Sony should take down this blog post and post it up tomorrow as tomorrow is the release date and today is the ship date of GOW Collection.

+ CitizenDrummond on November 17th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

Went to two local retailers today, one being a Game Crazy, and neither had it in yet. Game Crazy got the guides, but not games. Looks like I’m not alone.

+ Poopookakabumbum on November 17th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

Some original content for the PS3 would be nice – instead of eliminating BC and re-selling us our games.

*Extremely* [DELETED] move on your part Sony.

+ TailsTheCat on November 17th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

My local retailer said I can get it tomorrow around noon time. Not today.

+ Thrasher20 on November 17th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

Niiiiiiiiiiice

+ Ozmafire101 on November 17th, 2009 at 7:10 pm said:

Yeah i was all happy to get it today, went to gamestop and they’re like “It doesn’t come out till tomorrow” talk about a pimp slap to my face haha

+ HarvesterSorow on November 17th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

yea i just got mine but no premotion code
or GOW III DEMO!!!! =(

wtf is up with this
i spend 43$ of my hard earn cash waitin for the demo and i get [DELETED]

comon sony what the hell is up with this

+ ima_hustla_19 on November 17th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

Iv been looking foward to this for a while now since I never got into the originals 4 sum reason.but it came out on the same day as assassins creed 2. So it’s getting put off till next week but since iv never played a god of war it’s just like 1 big long new game to me now n that’s great

+ MrBeatdown on November 17th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

@74

Yeah, because Sony eliminated BC just so they could get us to rebuy God of War in HD at 60fps with trophies. If only we had the option to buy a backwards compatible console rather than be forced to wait and buy a PS3 without it at a cheaper price. Why does Sony constantly screw us over? What’s even worse is that they went and smashed every last PS2 in existence so we don’t even have the option to play PS2 games on a console that was released a decade ago. Curse you Sony and your money-grubbing ways! Curse you all!

+ Sarno1605 on November 17th, 2009 at 8:35 pm said:

thanks sony for dropping the ball seriously how does this happen….do you even know you cant buy it today? do some research seriously

+ deathorglory9 on November 17th, 2009 at 9:41 pm said:

Is this coming out in australia cause i don’t want to import it like demon souls

+ Davenport on November 17th, 2009 at 11:18 pm said:

Sony!!! what a joke… I went to my local Best Buy and Target in search of this game and wasted hours of my time today. you are constantly posting about the “November 17th” release date and now you say it is a ship date?!

my money was spent on Assassin’s Creed 2 instead. you just lost a sale.

+ jrthedeadboy on November 18th, 2009 at 12:10 am said:

This is so LAME. I stopped by Target today after class to pick up a copy of God of War: The Collection and was told it wasn’t in. Dropped by Best Buy and the guy tells me the release date has been pushed back and will be available tomorrow at noon. What kind of company tells you a product will be available at a specific date and then does not provide the goods? This is bad business for sure. Shame on you Sony.

+ maddymad on November 18th, 2009 at 12:20 am said:

I got an email from videogameplus that my copy has been shipped. I can’t wait to receive it.
PS: I’m from europe.

+ deathorglory9 on November 18th, 2009 at 1:33 am said:

Hey every one who’s being a [DELETED] cill out, next time check the real-sellers website for the release date instead of using this site as a release seclude.

+ Shrewder on November 18th, 2009 at 2:09 am said:

John,

As others have pointed out, this blog post is inaccurate. This marketing announcement was posted early. As a consumer, it’s kinda annoying.

I can appreciate what the shipping date means to the publisher and the retailer, but video gamers are concerned with the release/purchase date. The industry needs to understand this and correct it in the future.

The information mistake isn’t a big deal, but common sense can easily prevent this type of annoyance. People have wasted their time because Sony and retailers provided the wrong purchase date to the customer base.

+ Deadly-Survivor on November 18th, 2009 at 4:01 am said:

who cares about This where is this damm socom Confrontation update you guys make me sick. !!!

+ Raven3960 on November 18th, 2009 at 4:34 am said:

hey guys whats the deal i live in the uk and we havent even got a release date for the gow collection yet i went in game and they didnt even know what we were talking about??
how come everywhere else has it this week and we cant till next year???

+ IrishPete333 on November 18th, 2009 at 5:01 am said:

Picking mine up today. I can’t wait to see how this looks. And the GOW3 demo will be sick!

+ Silurus on November 18th, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

Think yourselves lucky it’s only a day or two late. Here in the UK we do not even have a release date so have to import if we want it any time soon.

+ Gunwing on November 18th, 2009 at 6:48 am said:

I’m so getting this one!

+ MB-rules on November 18th, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

Sold!

+ dertydanny76 on November 18th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

i just got my copy today im about to pop it in and see wassup with it

+ dertydanny76 on November 18th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

im about to pop it in and see what it is

+ stardeth on November 18th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

don’t understand why y’all in a huff about 2 DAYS!! it’s just a GAME, people, albeit a great one (i have it as my next game in my Q on gamefly). don’t have it yet, play something else and quit crying!!

+ Bizdady on November 18th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

This is ****** Ive been waiting and waiting and you guys pull this stuff on us. Amazon wont be shipping my order now till tomorrow so who knows if ill be able to even play it now this weekend. Might just cancell my order and not pick this up now just out of spite.

+ JVBGFR on November 18th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

My GameStop was supposed to receive it today but didn’t :(.

Are you guys planning to have any kind of content for PlayStation Home? Like maybe a Kratos costume? Or even a Game Space?

+ CapnWacky on November 18th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

@Bizdady

It sounds like your problem is with Amazon, not Sony. Lots of games aren’t available in stores until Weds, so while I agree it was kind of dumb for Sony to make this blog post on Tues, nobody made you choose Amazon. Unless you pay for overnight shipping or the game has release-date delivery, Amazon is a crap shoot for new releases.

+ TheGuardianFID on November 18th, 2009 at 11:22 am said: