PS4 - Transistor

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta launches tomorrow!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Nov 18, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

So what can we expect from the PS3-exclusive Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, exactly? DICE Producer Gordon van Dyke joined me via PlayStation Eye chat to talk about the Arica Harbor map, the destruction you can cause due to the game’s Frostbite engine, and how you can win your way into the beta. Oh and there are lots of explosions. Pretty, pretty explosions.

To elaborate on a few things – you can follow the Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 Twitter here, and one of those sites giving out beta codes is… this one.

We’ll be giving out beta vouchers starting Thursday afternoon (PST) via our Twitter and Facebook accounts. So start following!

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ BigBoss712 on November 18th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

Ready for the beta, already got my code, played MW2 but was not really all that interested in it, Bad Company is what I’m looking forward to playing, can’t wait.

+ VofEscaflowne on November 18th, 2009 at 6:07 am said:

Oh I need a code since I missed out on IGN’s giveaway… already following you on Twitter so hopefully I get lucky!

+ Skoltnik on November 18th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

Hopefully the beta will drag me away from MW2 lol

+ cowboyd21 on November 18th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

The game look good but i am going to pass on it for now i all ready have MW2 and am waiting for MAG , i may buy this game later on good luck with the beta.

+ zombie9 on November 18th, 2009 at 6:21 am said:

Get your beta key why they last just picked mine up.

+ oGGe45 on November 18th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

A really solid interview! I can’t wait for the beta tomorrow, it will be epic. Oh and awesome, dedicated servers!! Good job!

Sweden ftw

+ CoBrA2168 on November 18th, 2009 at 6:30 am said:

I want to get in this beta! Please give me a key.

I will be on your Facebook

+ Jeeves_Tremor on November 18th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

I know this is kind of unrelated, but can you talk to the DICE guys about fixing the stats problem and errors that are happening with the original Bad Company?

On topic. Are these twitter contests going to be region locked (Certain sections of north america???). I almost always strike out on these beta’s (didn’t get an R2 code until a week before it ended).

+ Drackir on November 18th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

I can’t wait for this game. Beta tomorrow = there goes my week.

+ Zuckguy on November 18th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

I want a beta key, please…

+ Knight0011 on November 18th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

Parts of the game play shown was the 360 version LOL.

+ Gunwing on November 18th, 2009 at 6:57 am said:

I’ve got my game code! I can’t wait! This game is going to make my PS3 vary happy!

OMG player controlled UAVs? 2 New squad game types? OH YEAH THIS GAME WILL KILL COD!

+ kaihopsn on November 18th, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

It looks like IGN still has some public keys left… just saying.

+ JAXX377 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

IGN is giving out codes now.

And Gamespot will have 65,000 available tomorrow

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on November 18th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

AWESOME! cant wait looks fun.

+ sravan on November 18th, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

Can I get a code? Anyone? Please?

+ HeavyD-Love on November 18th, 2009 at 7:16 am said:

Perhaps I can have a beta key for being one of first 15 comments on this article?? :)

Looking forward to this game – thanks!!

“HeavyD-Love” PSN screen name

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

I would have given you one, but you\’re #17 and not in the first 15. Sorry…. ;-)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

+ XKILLER44 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Got my code

+ ATOMS11 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Bring back the ability to lay down and parachute from choppers. No other gripes here. The best FPS on the market hands down! Cant wait to start testing!

+ polo155 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

i will try to win a code, thanks for the news

+ Sancor on November 18th, 2009 at 7:21 am said:

Gordon if you are reading this.
I believe something we are missing in BFBC2 is the awesome “Commander” feature from BF2, PC version.
In BFBC1 we didn’t have that, and it was a featured greatly missed.
The option to pick a Commander in the game, and have him deliver ammo, vehicles with a hud on any place of the battlefield was impressive.
On this version, everyone’s is so proud of the squad system, but if you think about it, it’s not groundbreaking, look at Killzone 2, it’s something that already got a great squad system.
Destructions and Vehicles gameplay is the BF feature, and I love it, please exhance that part as much as you can, already love the return of “BlackHawks”
Finally, it would be great if you could also add “custom Soundtracks” to BFBC2.

Thanks for your time, and we will meet on the Battlefield

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback on the commander mode, I\’ll share it with the team. :-)

+ Riffy69 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

sweet can’t till tomorrow..
ill tell my teachers where i am for the rest of the week xD

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Write a note and sign my name… errr, I mean stay in school and maybe one day you can be president. :-D

+ seedaripper1973 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

OI! im in the UK and i posted my interest in the beta as soon as it arrived via the official site…granted i used 2 emails address’s , but thats because one is [DELETED] (im looking at you microsoft) when are the EU ones being sent out? because all i see, on say N4G, is yanks proudly harping on about their keys??!!

+ Blkant on November 18th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

Facebook link doesn’t work, please fix, I want those codes when they become available :P

+ eaferrari24 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:29 am said:

can you guys fix battlefield 1943 now?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

We are working on that too.

+ station3fever on November 18th, 2009 at 7:30 am said:

just give us a DEMO. No demo no buy. my friend got suckerd with mw2, he bought it and now he is pissed as the single player was short and cheesy. IMO mw1 was pretty freaking nice but mw2 sucks.BBC was good but ill wait and see a month or two before i think about buying. although the game does look nice lets see how those DICE will roll :)

+ SPJammer on November 18th, 2009 at 7:34 am said:

Wahooo. I forgot I had registered with IGN. Went and logged into my account this morning and got my beta code. Going to finish MAG since only 2 days left then gonna jam in this beta

+ gamereck on November 18th, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

Cant wait….

+ Bildo818 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:38 am said:

IGN.COM is giving free codes…stop waiting for your “chance” here and go grab one now before the run out. Don’t try redeeming until tomorrow

+ jedi_webslinger on November 18th, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

got my code, and im ready

+ RobbySpry on November 18th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

Cowboyd21, i think BC2 is going to beat MAG because MAG beta players are saying that the levels are so large that it still doesn’t feel like you’re part of a team of 128, rather than a smaller squad.

Go DICE, go Sweden!

+ DoctorNova on November 18th, 2009 at 7:42 am said:

“In early 2010, you may be able to get your hands-on with this the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer demo on the Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3 and PC.”
from here: http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/#/beta

I got my code. Tried to enter it 2 days ago to preload software and was not able to. I guess the 19th it’ll be all systems go.

Thank You DICE! I still frequently enjoy BF2142 on PC.

+ SPOOKULA209 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:53 am said:

get your free beta code for bbc2

+ kisumisu- on November 18th, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

Can’t wait! Love that series <3 Only one thing missing… the beta-code :(

+ SPOOKULA209 on November 18th, 2009 at 7:56 am said:

sorry wrong link guys. this is the one for the free beta code for bbc2

+ VenomXv on November 18th, 2009 at 8:02 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait. I got a beta key yesterday.

+ thegriefer on November 18th, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

so excited for the beta tomorrow, got my key from fileplanet.

+ thegriefer on November 18th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

@23
demo comes out next year

+ VanilaGorila-x- on November 18th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

I have some feedback and haven’t even played the Beta yet.

Make sure the mics work since they still don’t on BF:BC and BF 1943.

Kind of hampers the online aspect when you’re not able to communicate with your team.

Peace,
VG

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

We have redone the VoIP based on the PS3\’s latest Firmware. It\’s something we are watching closely.

+ Antonisbob on November 18th, 2009 at 8:23 am said:

IM READY!?!?!?

+ AniZeke on November 18th, 2009 at 8:23 am said:

I just got my code, and now eagerly awaiting for tomorrow to come O_O!

+ Aggie_CEO on November 18th, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

so I take it if we pre-ordered from Amazon.com we can expect to get the code tomorrow?

+ phinnv8 on November 18th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

Does Amazon.com qualify for a code? If so that would be great. I’m mad DICE hasn’t sent me a code I’ve played EVERY Battlefield game since 1942 and played BC1 for 100s of hours.

There are TWO main concerns I have with Bad Company 2:

1) Will voice chat work with PS3 this time? We know Sony can’t figure out how to get cross game voice chat working, but can you? With most other games it works great. PLEASE fix this.

2) Squad Invites *MUST* work this time. I’ve never played a game with such crappy party invite support. Occasionally I could invite friends but most of the time it just failed.

+ trounbyfire on November 18th, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

i love this can’t wait if i use my code at 12 am tonight and its not time will it work when it is time and its funny that people post their PSN ID when every post has your PSn on it already. got mine RECODE and really want to play early so people don’t get to good and i have a bad time

+ JAXX377 on November 18th, 2009 at 8:42 am said:

@phinnv8
I believe this is why PS3 is getting an exclusive beta and not the other console or PC. To specifically target the issues the ps3 had with voip and squad invites not working properly on bfbc 1 and 1943

+ Moosehole on November 18th, 2009 at 8:59 am said:

I’m still trying to figure out why I subscribed to Qore.

+ GoldenGotGame on November 18th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

@JEFF, CHRIS, ERIC, or anyone that can help me. I updated to 3.10 around 4:30 this morning. Not only did I not get a list of what it does, which I really didn’t need because I read the blog, but after restarting my PS3, nothing has changed! There is no Facebook icon in account management, no option to change my pictures to the grid, and no options to change my profile box color. Oh, and my Friends list looks exactly the same. What is the problem?!

+ spunnups on November 18th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

FilePlanet gave me a bogus code. I see the potential this game has over MW2 which is the reason i still don’t have Cod6 yet. I’ll try to get into the beta later on I guess.

+ Shiffy on November 18th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

@GoldenGotGame Are you sure you didn’t update to the firmware version 3.01, which would look identical to 3.00, rather than 3.10?

+ Moosehole on November 18th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

@48

The codes don’t work until tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2 3 5