PS4 - Destiny

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta launches tomorrow!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Nov 18, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

So what can we expect from the PS3-exclusive Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, exactly? DICE Producer Gordon van Dyke joined me via PlayStation Eye chat to talk about the Arica Harbor map, the destruction you can cause due to the game’s Frostbite engine, and how you can win your way into the beta. Oh and there are lots of explosions. Pretty, pretty explosions.

To elaborate on a few things – you can follow the Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 Twitter here, and one of those sites giving out beta codes is… this one.

We’ll be giving out beta vouchers starting Thursday afternoon (PST) via our Twitter and Facebook accounts. So start following!

+ SPARDA on November 18th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

Just got myself a code.

looking forward to trying it out

SPARDA

+ SPOOKULA209 on November 18th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

@48 spunnups – its not available til tomorrow the beta does not start until the 19th which is thursday

+ CoBrA2168 on November 18th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Got my code from IGN. Yay.

+ Chexander on November 18th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

if you order off of Amazon you can get it on January 23th =D

j/k I know its just not updated… plus you wont get in on the beta

+ ale7700 on November 18th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

code pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee :-(

+ GoldenGotGame on November 18th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

@Shiffy

That’s a very good question, I didn’t think about that. But when I go to System Update it says I have the latest firmware, so I don’t know what to think.

+ remanutd5 on November 18th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Jeff i know this is completely off topic but can you have a say about Little Big Planet psp not being on PSN yet? im 100% sure sony cambridge said the game was supposed to be available on the network yesterday , theres a lot of LBP fans waiting on a response for the latency on this matter , just tell us if the game wont be out till tomorrow when the PS store updates and next time dont promised something that you guys wont do , what amazed me is that Assassins Creed psp was even 1 night before launch available on the store and yet one of sony’s BIGGEST psp titles this holidays is nowhere to be found YET , a little excuse or response would be very nice of you guys , thanks

+ Darth-Krayt on November 18th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

@SPOOKULA

Thanks for the link.

I just got my Beta code from file planet. Very happy about that as I have no interest in CoD 4.75. Looking forward to playing BFBC2 as I’m more interested in playing games from developers who try to improve upon themselves with each game, as opposed to devs putting out the same ol-same ol, aside from making the game even MORE unbalanced than the previous version.

I love how the graphics are looking in BFBC2. Again, improving upon yourselves. It looks much more realistic now, much more gritty. I can’tt wait to see how it looks on my big screen

Please though, make sure you get the mics working. And in the full game, try and get custom sountracks working online. Sony should make this mandatory, but since they don’t, try and get it working online.

+ BaJam-Guy on November 18th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

got my Beta code, cant wait for this to come live…BFBC2 with total destruction…..

+ Romain29 on November 18th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

When do you give code for europe please?
i want to play beta tomorrow

+ Furze on November 18th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

This game looks SWEET, love battlefield soo much. Battlefield 2 on PC is what got me interested in online gaming. Hope i can grab a code for this beta. : )

+ KosmoCrisis on November 18th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

I tried to get a code from GameSpot. IGN I hear is done. What other ways is there. PSBlog eventually?

+ hjason1 on November 18th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

love the battlefield series. this game looks awesome. hopefully you guys put a demo out so people that couldn’t get a beta key can see what the games like. most of the time demos sell games. like bfbc demo did for me. played the demo loved it bought the game. one question. i was wondering why we couldn’t download the beta when we got our code? this will put so much stress on the servers to have everyone download it at the sametime. keep up the awesome work dice.

+ millhouse187 on November 18th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

can i have a beta code first time ive tried to get code pls love battlefield my psn id millhouse187

+ omnilaw on November 18th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

if I go and reserve the game can I get into the beta that way?

+ TheGuardianFID on November 18th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

I got my Beta code yesterday, WOO HOO LOL, ahem sorry!!! :P :D

+ LEGEND_DS on November 18th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

can i have a beta code i loved the first one and i am going to love this one

+ MiltonMafia on November 18th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

This game looks sick. I hope to get a code. If not give us Qore members one!

+ dotCody on November 18th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Twitter and Facebook? Come on…some people have REAL live, ya’ know.

+ godwins_law on November 18th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

I really, really hope that the developers put in code to fix the gamma of this game.

Almost every multiplat I’ve played on the PS3 has had the gamma too high, washing out the colors, and there’s no way to fix it.

Compare the graphics of say, Uncharted 2, to almost any multiplat, including BC1 and 1943, and you’ll see there’s a light haze or fuzz over everything, from the gamma being cranked too high.

Look at most of the games on lenseoftruth or any other site that does side by sides of multiplats and you’ll see what I’m talking about, light, washed out colors.

PLEASE MAKE THIS ONE GOOD!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

Great feedback, I\’ll let the guys in rendering know about this.

+ badragon72 on November 18th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

Loved the first game good game play very interactive and most of all the game had a real good sense of humour.

Looking for a beta code from you guys hope i am in the running ;}

+ FredNation on November 18th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Yes I can’t wait! I reserved it and hope to get it tomorrow.

+ shystie1 on November 18th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

Cool! I’m looking forward to the beta. Is there a beta forum for the game??

+ Violater on November 18th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Lets hope they get the VOIP working for this game.

+ Violater on November 18th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Lets hope they get the VOIP working for this game. Or else I guarantee no sale here.
Been burnt on BC1 and 1943.
I had to actually use cell phones with my buddies while playing 1943.

+ Miles514 on November 18th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

DARNIT!!! I have to wait to try the beta till DEC 7 when i actually hv time. Man this sucks. Got a code from file planet

+ Sternkraft on November 18th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

betakey neeeeed please…… MW2 = Fail

+ KUZY_3 on November 18th, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

how else can i get the code? i dont have facebook or twitter

+ Skater_Ricky on November 18th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

I like a beta code please :D

+ Kyuubi-AnHero- on November 18th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

Dice, I’d like to say that Bad Company got me into the BF series and that it has made me buy it’s predecessors. I eagerly anticipate BF:BC2 and maybe BF3.

+ Hoodie1878 on November 18th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

Fed up with banging the Battlefield drum to people who don’t give it a try. Hopefully this edition will finally make a few of my mates make the switch!

+ commedieu on November 18th, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

Gordon, I loved BF2(pc)

Will I love BFBC2? Didn’t play the BC

+ Ejsponge61 on November 18th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

I hope this beta works with FW 3.01 because when I try to update to 3.10, my PS3 says that it has the latest version.

+ f2000veteran262 on November 18th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Gordon,

+ f2000veteran262 on November 18th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Gordon,

+ f2000veteran262 on November 18th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Gordon,
I was wondering when the beta servers will be up because they haven’t been announced. Are you not revealing that yet or did I just miss out?

+ bbd23 on November 18th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

i love you dude! cant wait to play tomorrow. will you be participating gordon? :P

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

I\’ll be online counting my kills! :-D

+ RuthlessEd on November 18th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

I’ve been sending links about BF:BC2 to pretty much every person I know.

Sadly, prior to my spam assaults, many of those people had never even heard of the game — but almost all of them are now VERY eager to try it out.

As of late I’ve been singing the praises of BF:BC1 as well. I’ve owned it for quite some time, but never once tried the single-player campaign (I’m an online kind of guy).

But WOW! The single player campaign is AWESOME. Compared to MW2, it just feels so much more open, and destructive, and realistic. The sound effects are amazing. The pacing is perfect. The explosions are savage.

This franchise is a gem.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Gordon Van Dyke on November 18th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

Thank for spreading the word and glad you enjoy our games. You\’re gonna love BFBC2.

+ s1vrNb1ck on November 18th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

Looking forward to playing the beta. The game play videos look great.

+ Andorski-G on November 18th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

Where can we leave our feedback once we get to try out the beta? I’m sure I can go onto your official forums, but I never feel like making a whole new account on a website that I’ll never use again.

+ AlphaTribe2007 on November 18th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

Gordon or Jeff,

Will there be anything added to the PS3 version of the game? Considering the extra power the system has.

Can’t wait for the beta…

+ starBlinky01 on November 18th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

compare Bad Company to Modern Warfare!?! YEAH RIGHT

I compare Modern Warfare to Bad Company. Bad Company is way better in every way.

+ perg88 on November 18th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

Maybe it’s a stupid question, but where I can pre-download the beta to activate it by code from twitter ?

+ Kchow23 on November 18th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

I’ve got a code, but it says it is US Residents only… does that mean that Canadians are getting shafted?

+ jimmyhoffa82 on November 18th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

how long does this beta run for? i got a code but will be out of the country for a month, if it runs only for that long i will give it away to someone else

+ xplosneer on November 18th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

I got one! I’m excited!

+ xplosneer on November 18th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

Sorry, I know I’m commenting again, but I just have to say because I’ve played BC1 so much:

I really like the increase in power(from the videos, the amount it takes to kill someone looks perfect). The addition of transport helicopters is exactly what I wanted, the damage looks wildly better(and it was good to start with!), and the tank customization is a great choice.

I have a question: Is the helo handling improved? It was okay in the last one but you could pull out of a 90 degree dive with those things which is crazy.

Can’t wait to play the beta.

+ xplosneer on November 18th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

Also: Does anyone know why if I so much as take my mouse off the video player it stops? That is getting annoying.

+ Worm- on November 18th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

where are the beta forums for this? or are you guys going to have a forum on the playstation.com forums??

+ KILLZONE79 on November 18th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said: