Final Fantasy XV

Nov 18

Nov 18

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta launches tomorrow!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

So what can we expect from the PS3-exclusive Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, exactly? DICE Producer Gordon van Dyke joined me via PlayStation Eye chat to talk about the Arica Harbor map, the destruction you can cause due to the game’s Frostbite engine, and how you can win your way into the beta. Oh and there are lots of explosions. Pretty, pretty explosions.

To elaborate on a few things – you can follow the Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 Twitter here, and one of those sites giving out beta codes is… this one.

We’ll be giving out beta vouchers starting Thursday afternoon (PST) via our Twitter and Facebook accounts. So start following!

Add Your Own

Legolas71 said:

November 18th, 5:41 pm

When can we download the beta, at 1201 am ET? Pls. Comfirm.

BigBoss114 said:

November 18th, 5:50 pm

Gordon, 2 questions, will it support cross-game invite like Moder Warfare 2?
[url]http://dlb-network.com/2009/11/ps3-has-cross-game-invite/[/url]
second, how come on the boxart, on the top right corner, it doesn’t have the PSN logo like U2, GoW Collection, and R&CF:ACiT? thanks
oh, also, when will we be able to download it? and where do we return feedback?

jackson32 said:

November 18th, 6:27 pm

Thankfully I was able to obtain a code from IGN just minutes before they were all gone.

I too would like to know when the beta will be available for download.

psychedelic77 said:

November 18th, 6:38 pm

would love to have a beta key code please :)

ZekeXenu said:

November 18th, 6:44 pm

Hi, Gordon.

I know I’m late to the party and you’ve probably moved on, but I wanted to say 1) thank you for letting us PS3 gamers blast away at the BFBC 2 beta. I loved the multiplayer in BC1, so I can’t wait for this bad boy.

And 2) I have one suggestion (assuming the game doesn’t already have this) and it is: for the final game, please try and get us TOTAL controller customization. In many FPSes, we’re often left to a handful of pre-selected layouts, and for me, personally, I can never find the right layout in any game. Total controller customization would
eliminate that problem.

I hope it makes it into the final game. And thanks again!

KUZY_3 said:

November 18th, 7:37 pm

Gordon,
how else can i get the code? i dont have facebook or twitter

StealthBlade98 said:

November 18th, 7:56 pm

Hey Gordon, I watched all of your interviews especially with the HipHopGamer and I love it.

I even watched most if not all of Patrick Bach interviews as well which are awesome.

I have a question which isn’t really about the beta(pre-ordered the game october 31st and got my beta key and the limited edition :D): how are the PSN trophies for this game this time around? I felt trying to obtain the platinum in the first game to be very challenging. I still don’t have it. :(

I can’t wait to hear about the story mode.
Is there more missions this time around than the first?

XScreamingEagleX said:

November 18th, 8:11 pm

cant wait! i freakin love BC1 and i know this one is gonna be 3x better =D

x4rtyju said:

November 18th, 8:27 pm

Nice, really looking forward to this.

URIDE_A_SHORTBUS said:

November 18th, 8:31 pm

Gordon Van Dkye is an awesome name. Its not only a name, it is a full fledged statement..lol Love it. Seriously though, I enjoy listening to you, and hearing what you say. I followed the 1943 launch on the other platform and got to listen to several of your interviews and really enjoyed your info and overall enthusiasm.

For those out there that haven’t played the original Bad Company, what is wrong with you? There really is no excuse. You can buy it brand new at $19.99 and it comes with a great campaign that is very entertaining thanks to the action and the humor of the squad. Then the multiplayer is just fantastic, large scale completely different than anything else out there.

For those in the BETA, see you online. I got to participate in the BETA for BC1 on the 360 and DICE knows their #*$# but don’t forget to give feedback, because it is afterall a BETA not a DEMO! Mr. Gordon Van Dyke, you rock sir.

l-LeSTaT-l said:

November 18th, 9:12 pm

It is 12:11am 11/19/2009…

The code I got from IGN does not work, will try again later.

growking said:

November 18th, 9:21 pm

1221 am code didnt work i think it could be because of the firmware update try again later

Soulcollector1 said:

November 18th, 9:47 pm

15 mins till 12 here gonna try code again in a bit. maybe codes wont work till servers go live
today at 9 am gmt

Thrasher20 said:

November 18th, 10:03 pm

Only if my PS3 worked I would join :)

orphann said:

November 18th, 11:20 pm

Hey guys i cant wait to play bf2bc. still trying to find the code, can anyone help

orphann said:

November 18th, 11:36 pm

is this correct that the beta is only available in North America.can someone let me know, i cant get the code and this sucks

Burton42 said:

November 18th, 11:37 pm

Two things that will make BFBC2 EPIC

1. PLEASE do not put a limit on how many melee (knife) kills are stored… seemed like the BFBC 1 stopped at 1500.

2. organize the melee by dog tag name or the date a that you killed them. Trying to search for the people you just knifed was extremely frustrating especially when there are 1500 dogtags that were only ranked by the number of kills

Add these two elements and this game is going to be #1 for 2010.

By the way cant wait for the beta!!!

KANE_KRAZY_KILLE said:

November 19th, 12:32 am

so i live in california and its 12 midnight and its still not working??? 12:27 actually … i got my beta from fileplanet did i get gyped?

KANE_KRAZY_KILLE said:

November 19th, 12:36 am

hey gordon i had a second question when i do get to play the beta where can i give feedback?

Soulcollector1 said:

November 19th, 1:06 am

still cant claim code gonna try around 7am 9 gmt its 3 a here

OmegaKulu said:

November 19th, 1:16 am

West coast Canada here, got my code from fileplanet and it is pass 9 GMT now, still doesn’t work.

Dark_Shadow1995 said:

November 19th, 1:35 am

Same with the 2 posts above me. Please get this straightened out.

Soulcollector1 said:

November 19th, 1:36 am

not sure i converted the time right before
if i understand right gmt00 time is a day behind so it would be like 3pm cst whens its 9am gmt.

AB2TWIZTD said:

November 19th, 1:36 am

yo whats up with my battlefield bad company multiplayer stats being resetted? i noticed it aft 3.10 update. it won’t even let me rank up! please talk to DEVS about this please.

nxgn said:

November 19th, 1:52 am

beta bug #1:
start time 9am gmt (4am eastern U.S.)

= nada @ 5am eastern ;]

ISARIOI said:

November 19th, 1:54 am

Hello ! Can i Have a code please ?
I’m a fan Of Battlefield Bad Company ! And I have not a code for the Beta… Please can you help me ?!!

BerkmanL said:

November 19th, 2:00 am

Another awesome game from DICE ^^ Finally ordered Bad Company 1 looking forward to order Bad Company 2 soon. I have two questions if you don’t mind. Should I contact my shop/website or you about making them participate in beta? In Turkey, it’s really hard to find those games! Also we can’t get 1943 for PS3.

BerkmanL said:

November 19th, 2:03 am

Forgot to ask my second question. When will you guys going to give info about Achievement Challenges? Also any luck you are giving away beta codes from official site, badcompany2.ea.com?

batmangorden said:

November 19th, 2:15 am

Me too, beta doesn’t work yet. its 3am here in texas, still nothing

the1truePATRIOT said:

November 19th, 2:22 am

i clicked the link for the facebook and it took me to another blog about how bfbc2 was going to be giving out keys not face book, some one please give me the link to the facebook>?

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS said:

November 19th, 2:39 am

PlayStation needs to lock up exclusive advertising rights to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 just like 360 locked up exclusive ad rights for MW2.

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS said:

November 19th, 2:59 am

@GORDAN

I just noticed you have read and replied to some posts here.

I want to add one thing. Please ensure that invites and a good party system is included in BF:BC2 for PS3. Uncharted 2 set a new bar that every other multiplayer game on PS3 should live up to for invites and the party system. I’m sure Naughty Dog would be willing to share code if any help is needed ;)

DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:

November 19th, 3:08 am

sooo what time (est) can i punch in my code???????????????????? anyone please TELL ME

hjason1 said:

November 19th, 4:26 am

@ everyone still needing a code goto here: http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/battlefield-bc2-beta/

they are giving 65,000 away. good luck

rainblood said:

November 19th, 5:43 am

Hoping to get a beta key not only because to keep me away from MW2, I know it will be way better than MW2

ShonnyG said:

November 19th, 5:47 am

I would like to get a code!! Thanks in advance Sony & EA!!

excessnet said:

November 19th, 5:52 am

Code still not working here, 8h53AM EST.

perg88 said:

November 19th, 6:21 am

Pls can somebody tell me where to insert beta code to download and play ???

Flauros23 said:

November 19th, 6:40 am

perg, you’re supposed to input it on the PlayStation Store, under Redeem Codes, but it doesn’t appear to be working yet.

perg88 said:

November 19th, 6:50 am

thanks very much. Finally somebody who has the answer :)

SypherM211 said:

November 19th, 7:49 am

the code is bogus i got one last night tried it this morning and got an error code … every time i tried it …

BigBuddySvK said:

November 19th, 8:05 am

I found on the Internet forum on various reports that the U.S. Beta will be available only 9:00 am. I fear that the code which I will come. I saw people who already play the EU Beta BBC2.

Da_Autha said:

November 19th, 8:34 am

its 11:35amET where I’m at, still not up

AwkwardGrenade said:

November 19th, 8:42 am

same here for me. 11:42am EST and nothing.

BigBuddySvK said:

November 19th, 8:50 am

Lord God please give so we can download Beta BBC2 on U.S. store please.

SypherM211 said:

November 19th, 8:57 am

can some plz post if they get it working plz

SypherM211 said:

November 19th, 8:59 am

can someone post if they get it working plz

Rompers said:

November 19th, 9:03 am

passed 9am now, before it said invalid code.
now it says

error

maffioza said:

November 19th, 9:08 am

I really really want to play this game, but i really need that key. Sow PLEASE give me a key, then we drinks a whiskey to celebrate it with the one who gives me that key.

Rompers said:

November 19th, 9:12 am

10 mins after 9am, still doesn’t work.

what’s wrong?