PS4-Watch_Dogs

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta launches tomorrow!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Nov 18, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

So what can we expect from the PS3-exclusive Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, exactly? DICE Producer Gordon van Dyke joined me via PlayStation Eye chat to talk about the Arica Harbor map, the destruction you can cause due to the game’s Frostbite engine, and how you can win your way into the beta. Oh and there are lots of explosions. Pretty, pretty explosions.

To elaborate on a few things – you can follow the Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 Twitter here, and one of those sites giving out beta codes is… this one.

We’ll be giving out beta vouchers starting Thursday afternoon (PST) via our Twitter and Facebook accounts. So start following!

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ KANE_KRAZY_KILLE on November 20th, 2009 at 12:23 am said:

i don’t think they want you to be able to unlock everything in the beta that’s why it resets, BUT its all stuff we played with in bad company 1 so its stupid to hold that back its really not showing the true experience
I HOPE YOUR READING DICE YOU SAID YOU WILL :D

+ nxgn on November 20th, 2009 at 12:46 am said:

played a few hours. ranked up. unlocked stuff. now its all gone. kinda demoralizing.

the game itself is great tho.

+ Diplom on November 20th, 2009 at 3:33 am said:

i want a beta key

+ Tykjen76 on November 20th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

crappy beta so far. all too bright, choppy movements, tank vs tank combat needs improvement, running movements are so godamn stiff, cant look around when sprinting, looking around just feels wierd. back to mw2, babai bc2.

+ loganrocks7 on November 20th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

I’m glad maybe we will get all of our unlocks back in Batllefield Bad company the first one. i cant wait!!!

+ KANE_KRAZY_KILLE on November 20th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

HEY EVERYONE im looking for some people who will actually play asa squad and work together add me if your up for it, UNLCOKS ARE BACK

+ Locolama on November 20th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

FEEDBACK:
Weapon unlocks from the first game should carry over and have new weapons additionaly

Blood effects when shooting an enemy are less than satisfying… actually rather pitiful…

Otherwise great game…love the new urban setting

+ PathKiller29 on November 20th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

got like 9 keys for me and my friends pretty good so far playin it right now[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/PathKiller29/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/PathKiller29.png[/img] [/url]

+ PathKiller29 on November 20th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

+ KANE_KRAZY_KILLE on November 20th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

losing connection to alot of games now, might be because of a huge storm here but yeah thought id let you know
<3 feedback

+ Fistic on November 21st, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

Losing connection and game ends quite often. Movement is kinda clunky and slow, should be little smoother and a little bit faster. Overall the game is a blast, just some tweaking needed for the game to be a huge hit like cod4.

+ Blue187 on November 21st, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

someone please send me the beta. add me to your friends list! Blue187

+ KANE_KRAZY_KILLE on November 21st, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

im getting caught on ledges! when im trying to jemp over the cement that was holding a knocked down chain link fence if im too close to it before i jump it will glitch out ill be trapped tehre for about 2 seconds just long enough to get shot!

+ suicidalblues on November 21st, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

i can’t create an acoount. it keeps saying account creation failed. any help would be appreciated.

+ Jeeves_Tremor on November 21st, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Loving the Beta so far, but you DICE guys need to get to work on fixing the problems that are happening with BC1.

+ KANE_KRAZY_KILLE on November 21st, 2009 at 11:31 pm said:

wtf all my unlocks are gone again if i cant work towards somthing without having that somthing dissapear at random i dont want to play.

+ hetti22 on November 22nd, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

I got mine yesterday gotta say it’s pretty fun, but I think I’m still gonna get MW2

+ Riptide8 on November 22nd, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

I have been playing the beta, what I like about this ,instead of MW2 is that there are not a bunch of spaz. running around at hyper speed(unrealisic)doing the bunny hop. I mean you still have guys working the perimiter but it has a different feel when you can draw a bead on them.

+ Meksman on November 22nd, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Battlefield bad company 2 with out a doubt and by far the greatest game ever!!!
There is no competition out there right now that can compete with this Hell of a game and that’s just coming out of the beta experiance just wait until the full game comes out. Cod/Mw2 should quit thier day jobs!

+ NWJake on November 24th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

I took a hole day for them to get the Beta going but i have to say it was worth the wait. I have been playing it every day and its amazing. I am tired of people saying they are copying COD. Its a great game and i believe it has things over COD. Winers are annoying and they should just enjoy the game. Keep up the Good work DICE!

+ nxgn on November 25th, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

MW2 is fun but it’s like an unreal tournament type arcade shooter in a war setting. BFBC2 is much more tactical and realistic, but still fun and chaotic. They’ve struck a great balance.

Loved HL2, KZ2 is awesome, but BFBC2 is the best online multiplayer FPS I’ve ever played. And yeah that’s just the beta w/ only one map.

+ joaomsc on November 30th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

When are any developer going to give keyboard and mouse support to PS3 FPS?

No serious FPS player ignores the power and precision of a mouse, since the times of Duke Nukem.

I even remenber that Red Faction was one of the best games for PS2 just because U could quickly and swiftly aim and kill with a mouse.

My cousin always tells me that there is no better way to play a FPS then in a PC, and I have to agree, because there is nothing like a mouse in the hands a FPS Player.

+ joaomsc on November 30th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

I play BF1943 in the PS3, it’s fun, almost casual shooter, but It’s ridiculous to use a 47″ screen and fight the joystick to snipe someone in the other half of IwoJima.

It’s a prediction game, not a skill game.

If anyone had a mouse jumping and trowing grenades would be easy, straffing and machine gunning some infantry soldier would be fair, and snipping would be a pleasure experience.

Please add this silly easy piece of code to the options of BFBC2, it would sell much more. Cause many of us FPS entusiasts, would prefer to play it on our hometheater with mouse precision, than buy the PC copy, to play it with accuracy.

Once U put it on BFBC2, upgrade BF1943 to support USB and/or BT KB and Mouse. ;)

+ DARKSPAROW on December 2nd, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

this game is far better than socom I feel bad by saying so LOL

+ BaBy_Deagle on December 12th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

Does any body know when we get the BC2 beta code for playing battlefield 1943?

PAGE 1 3 4 5