PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

LittleBigPlanet Goes Portable!

Mark Green's Avatar + Posted by Mark Green on Nov 18, 2009 // Senior Producer, LittleBigPlanet PSP

LittleBigPlanet is here for PSP! Yes, we’ve finally finished, and I don’t mind admitting that molding Media Molecule‘s PS3 game to fit its new home on the PSP and PSPgo has been a rollercoaster ride for us all.

The game is in stores beginning Tuesday and I have to say that we’re very proud of it. When we were first asked to make a PSP version of LittleBigPlanet, we wondered how on earth that much physics was ever going to fit onto something so much smaller, but to be honest we’ve enjoyed the challenge and now have a whole new world of LittleBigPlanet to show for it.

A world that contains thirty-eight newly created levels across seven different environments, all ready for you to play and explore – in addition to the whole Play, Create, and Share experience that’s synonymous with LBP.

The process, however, has not been without its share of hiccups. We are aware that the game is not yet available on the PlayStation Store, but we’re currently working around the clock to get this issue worked out so keep your eyes peeled for updates this week. We appreciate you bearing with us!

We’d also like to thank Media Molecule for all of their hard work in coming up with the incredible world that is LittleBigPlanet in the first place.

We’ve now added our own sprinkle of magic dust and we’re thrilled to bring LBP PSP to the fans so that they can enjoy it anytime, anywhere. To raise the excitement level even more, here’s a look at our launch trailer, as well as some of the great reviews that have hit thus far…

LittleBigPlanet (PSP) Reviews

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Dice_for_Death_ on November 18th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

My wife and I look forward to giving LBP PSP a try. Good stuff, MM!

+ DZORMAGEN on November 18th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

This game is amazing!! I LOVE IT!!

+ FaustsHausUK on November 18th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

This game made me buy a PSP having sold my launch system.

It’s still not up on PSN at the time of writing, is there any news on when we can expect it?

Mark Green's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on November 18th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Sorry for the delay on the PlayStation Store, we\’re hoping to have the game available later this week, stay tuned for updates.

+ nokedimyo on November 18th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Any word on when the demo is coming out?

+ mattsmeesh on November 18th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Thanks for the update on the PSN Store status. I think it’s safe to say that in the future the community would appreciate updates as soon as you know there’s going to be a delay.

A bunch of us Go users were really looking forward to DLing yesterday, and no news was quite frustrating.

Cheers!

+ Feisar on November 18th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

Updates this week on the STATUS? That does not sound good.

+ Crotin on November 18th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

I kept refreshing the PS Store on my Go yesterday for LBP to show up lol…I really can’t wait to play it

+ iaint21 on November 18th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

i must say, i want to leave a postive review.

I WANT TO.

but this is an utter disappointment for Go users. can you give us a timeframe on when we might see it? its good to see you FINALLY say something on it, but there are plently of people upset on this topic. we were told it would be out, and it doesn’t come out, so a lot of us are really upset.

not to mencon “sometime this week” does this mean we might not even get it today or tomarrow? cause that would be really upseting to us all.

+ PSN_Tokeio on November 18th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

One of the biggest exclusive franchises to the Playstation brand and you can’t manage to get game on the PSN store for launch? How completed FAIL WHALE is that? Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines was on the store YESTERDAY.

Wow… complete failure. Way to shaft users of the PSPgo. A $249 platform gaming device that can’t even get the biggest games on launch. Nice.

Bravo.

+ dragonmagician on November 18th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

This game loses a little bit of charm without the co-op.

+ POLYERGOS on November 18th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

I bought yesterday on UMD and I love it so far. Can’t wait to unlock everything!!

+ WrightYagami on November 18th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Would definitely love an ETA as to when we’ll get LBP because I have 40 dollars sitting on my PSN account for it.

+ JKthree on November 18th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

So is there gonna be an extra day or 2 in the pre-order bonus for those who download?

And though i doubt you can answer this, but will it be up when the weekly Thursday PS Store updates, or before (say before midnight tonight for example)

Oh boy this is gonna be hard waiting

+ SandSkorpion on November 18th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

I’m curious to know how different putting this game on the store for sale is from any other? You copy the game up to your servers, you synchronize all your store servers so they have the same content. You update the store database by checking in the new package and enabling it for purchase. There might be a few more steps involved, but it doesn’t appear to be a technical hiccup….more of a bureaucratic one. I bet it’s RED TAPE that is holding this up. Publishing the game for download shouldn’t take much time.

+ jwr718 on November 18th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

I’m anxious to play LBP on my PSP Go! Glad to know you’re working on it. I didn’t know it was an issue; I thought it would come on Thursday’s PSN update. Sucks to hear it but I hope you can pull through as soon as possible.

Mark Green's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on November 18th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

We are working on it and hope to have the game up on the PS Store as soon as possible!

+ remanutd5 on November 18th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

THANK YOU so much Mark , i asked Jeff in another topic about LBP not being on PSN yet , thank you for explaining whats going on , theres a lot of people waiting to get the DD version of the game ( me included ) and well you know the game was supposed to come out yesterday on the store and its not there yet but its very good for you guys to come and let us ( the community ) know that theres a problem with it and you guys are working on it , i really appreciate it as a costumer , thanks again and i cant wait to download it from psn

+ sprice25 on November 18th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

very disappointed this game is not available on PSN yet. wish the delay was handled on a professional level and mentioned much earlier than this.

+ crscon on November 18th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Can’t not think of any good reason they could possibly give as to why this game has not been made available for download yet…which is why they didnt give one and most likely wont give a reason why it is delayed.

+ MicroByter on November 18th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Thank you for the somewhat candid answer to LBP not being on PSN, your honesty is appreciated. Frankly, providiing this type of information up front to the customer earns you more respect than letting us sit around clueless and posting our frustrations.

Please keep us informed and good luck with resolution to the issue.

+ paddy_johnston on November 18th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

you should fix up the editor some more. The reviews say what’s wrong with it, why it’s clunky and frustrating. Maybe a patch sometime? I also heard you can’t take snapshots, you can’t make holes in objects and you can’t paint with any shape and you have to paint to a grid. I REALLY hope you add in that stuff sometime. Story levels look good tho.

+ mgsfoxhound2 on November 18th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

awsome love LBP, should make a way to incorporate LBP ps3 onto psp or visa virsa

+ krae_man on November 18th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Hey Sony, how about changing the PSN update day to Tuesdays?

Never mind, that makes too much sense. Just keep doing what you’re doing.

Selling the PSP Go for $80 more then the PSP 3000, selling games on PSN at the same price as retail, and only releasing a fraction of the retail games on PSN two days later is working great for you keep it up.

Never updating the store on time has been working great for you too.

Keep it up Sony!

+ jeffsmither on November 18th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

what was wrong with LBP PSN version?

+ The3DGalaxian on November 18th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

I just got my copy today and it’s really great for a PSP game. The lack of multiplayer will definitely hurt it in the long run but it’s still definitely worth playing.

+ PSN_Tokeio on November 18th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

@krae_man ROFL. +1

+ ixnine on November 18th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

I’m still a little dissapointed because i paid $250 for the “premium” PSP Go system and yet I spent hours going back to the PlayStation Store to find there was no LittleBigPlanet or any updated info on it’s delay. I’m sad.

+ paddy_johnston on November 18th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Are you ever going to make a patch so that you can make holes in objects, have a snapshot tool, a camera zone object and paint with any shape? I’d also fix moving and placing objects to the grid(not resize, rotate and placing ropes, switches etc. though). This would maybe free up process power for other stuff?

+ paddy_johnston on November 18th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

sorry if that sound mean but create REALLY needs those things. Without a snapshot tool all the level icons will eventually be the same. Love the look of the story levels though. They seem better than the PS3s

+ Andrefpvs on November 18th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

The back of the box for this game says “Trophies”. Does this game really have Trophies?

Mark Green's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on November 18th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

LBP PSP does not have trophy support, the wording on the back of the box actually refers to the PSN experience in general. I\’m sorry for the confusion there.

+ Apolloeye on November 18th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Wow, and it already has a 10/10 review score!

+ Grouken on November 18th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Thats why the Store should update Tuesdays.

+ Jeigh on November 18th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

Hells yeah! LBP arrives! Hopefully you’ve got some advertising for this thing- advertising the PSP itself is good and all, but advertising of the actual games matters just as much (if not more in the PSP’s case).

+ PSN_Tokeio on November 18th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

It must be really hard to upload a PSP UMD to the store via the PS3 wireless adapter… it has a crappy driver which causes massive slowness. I’m sure this is what SCEA uses to manage uploads… ROFL.

+ Tengaport on November 18th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Jumping on a plane 6am on Friday.

Really hope to have a non-UMD sackboy along with me for the flight :(

+ Andrefpvs on November 18th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

@ Eric Levine response to #29

Thanks for the answer. Hopefully Sony decides to bring Trophy support to the PSP.

+ beejaydel on November 18th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

So….what exactly are you working on? Could you a be a little more vague? SOny promised 1st party titles same day/date as their retail counterparts…Sony misrepresents things again? Starting to see a pattern here.

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on November 18th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

getting this when I head for New York next week :)

(I’m a Londoner)

looks fantastic :)

+ grimgard on November 18th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

Pass….

+ SogeKing on November 18th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

My PSP Go is very sad. Not just for the delay in this game, but the complete lack of UMD titles available on the PSN. I know it must seem like a good business model to trickle your products to keep them from competing with themselves, but YOU ARE KILLING the PSP Go and the Digital Transition. Why is it that pirates can get all the games running off of Memory Stick, but Sony can’t?

+ Scodo_Thope on November 18th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

Hope it is not recalled like the PS3 version the week of the launch due to objectionable song lyrics…………………………………………………….

LBP launches seemed to be cursed.

+ omnilaw on November 18th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

please update the post when it’s available on the PSN, my Go is Hungry for some LBP. Thanks

downloading Assassins Creed in the meantime.

+ HongoXIII on November 18th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

Very excited for this. And that trailer was amazing. The cardboard PSP and PSPgo and Sackboy was brilliant!

+ Nywing on November 18th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

This really doesn’t help sony push the psp go’s electronic distribution model very well…
Please explain what is so hard with uploading the game to the server and then enabling it on the storefront? (i’m pretty sure the game itself has already been on the server for days)

At this day and age, it really isn’t so hard to put a game on the store, I’m pretty sure all your infrastructure has been setup.

“We’re working on it” really doesn’t cut it. (atleast it doesn’t justify what the problem seems to be)

Are you sure the network is not just attempting to save money by uploading it with everything else on Thursday?

+ Anddo on November 18th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

Such a tease, waiting for the PSN has no been pleasant.. Sony, please fix this….

+ Yaholo on November 18th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

As a software systems programmer myself, I must say that it is very apparent there is something wrong with the PSN regarding games. Video updates happen like clockwork every week, but games are always hit-and-miss as we refresh our browsers throughout every Thursday afternoon… evening… night… even Friday morning sometimes.

I bet you guys are using .NET aren’t you? tsk… tsk…

+ bullseyetm on November 18th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

I don’t mind the delay, just please continue supporting downloadable content on the PSN. Day one buy for me, once it shows up.

+ Crotin on November 18th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

aww no trophies :( that would’ve been awesome

+ flylies on November 18th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

Man am I glad I returned my pspGo and got the psp3000 instead. I got to enjoy this game yesterday. So far I am loving it!!! Although I am a bit confused about the 2x sections I am finding in the game. How am I supposed to do the 2x what looks like 2 player sections, since there isn’t multiplayer?

+ Curtisio on November 18th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

I love the game, but once my sackboy was stuck in mid air and almost on something to walk on… it was strange but I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. Also, the News area has HTML code in the message. I hope there is going to be a patch for these issues.

+ Crotin on November 18th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

Wait a second @ 29′s answer…

Why is LBP the only game that has the “PSN experience” detailed on the back of the box? It would make sense if most PSP games had it too, but LBP is the only one.

PAGE 1 2 3 6