PS4 - Destiny

PSP Firmware (v6.20) Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Nov 18, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi everyone, PSP (PlayStation Portable) firmware update (v6.20) will be available later this evening so we wanted to give you a quick preview of what to expect.

• Digital Comics ReaderPlayStation Network Digital Comics is a new service launching in December. It will allow you to download hundreds of classic and new comics from the PlayStation Store and read them page by page or frame by frame on your PSP system. Firmware update (v6.20) includes the Digital Comics reader application, which you’ll find under a new section called “Extras” on the XMB. Please note, the comic reader is an additional download; once you’ve loaded (v6.20) onto your system, simply click on the comic reader icon under “Extras” to download it to your PSP. In addition, you’ll be able to try out a free digital comic sample from the service soon. Visit www.playstationcomics.com for more information.
  • Export video/photo playlists – This is a new feature that allows you to export your video and photo playlists from your PC to your PSP system through Media Go. Download the latest version of Media Go (v1.3) for this and a few additional enhancements.

A full video walkthrough of Digital Comics will be available soon. Don’t forget, PS3 firmware update 3.1 is also set to go live this evening.

As always, we look forward to reading your feedback.

191 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ellipsis43 on November 19th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

ok on the twitter it says “@hatmantc I know, we are still waiting for the voucher codes – they should be ready by 7pm GMT. I’ll let everyone know when they are ready”

so we should get are free comic tonite woot!

+ CaptainHowdy72 on November 19th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

never mind i uninstalled game date and reinstalled again. now its fine. but the pics dont group for me from my network

+ Radant128 on November 19th, 2009 at 8:42 am said:

I would like to see various applications come to PSP under the Extras section. Something like AIM, for example, would be utterly sweet.

+ zombie9 on November 19th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

Any chance of geting An FM reciver for PSP?
HD FM music player would be nice. But will probly have to go else where. But all in all sounds better than the PS3′s update (boring) and please don’t bring facebook to PSP I could think of better stuff to do with my free time (what little I have). :)

+ agnostikos on November 19th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

Some of us own Mac’s AND Sony products out here!

+ billyboy1000 on November 19th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

I would like to have the ability to view movies recorded on my sony cybershot camera on the psp without have to transcode. Better cross integration between sony products is sensible – otherwise why should I buy sony products if they don’t work together.

+ Acemahl on November 19th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Hopefully in the next update we can get the option to sort the games by folders like on the PS3. You have it sortable by Expiration but more options would be awesome. Thanks.

+ EVanHelsing on November 19th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Sony should focus on features fans have asked for (e.g. cross game chat) before features that no one has asked for (e.g. facebook). I’ve been loyal to PlayStation for over 10 years, but if Sony doesn’t start to show they care about their fans, I’ll probably switch come next generation.

+ Peteshoard on November 19th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Can we have media server access for PSP, its a shame the only way i can watch all my movies is via Remote Play, which means noone else can use the PS3??

+ Elvick_ on November 19th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

Comics for PS3 would be great too. I’m sure it’s been said before, but I think it’d be pretty sweet. More content should be useable on both.

I’m liking 3.10 on the PS3. Little improvements, but great ones to me.

+ Elvick_ on November 19th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

@158 – Like they did with the friendslist boxes? Honestly. Everyone hated it and they fixed it. They fixed a lot of things that people have complained about.

+ k24a on November 19th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Wish sony would do the psp like the ps3 where trophy and facebook are on it as well.

+ TheGuardianFID on November 19th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Very nice guys, the comics are of great interest to me. being a collector and having about 10,000 books, it’ll be nice to have them on the GO!!! :D

+ billyboy1000 on November 19th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

does anyone know if this firmware supports parental controls on videos now?

+ Superstrokey1123 on November 19th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

Is there a list of comics that will be available? I would love to know issue by issue what is available and the prices for them. THis could be a new addiction for me…

+ Superstrokey1123 on November 19th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

Also when is Canada goign to get in on this?

+ RuthlessEd on November 19th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

#158:

Sony is focused on selling more PS3 systems. Not on providing features that existing customers might want.

The Facebook feature is nothing more than a method for Sony to get all of us to advertise the PS3 to all our friends via automatic Facebook updates.

It’s Sony’s way of getting free advertising.

+ PaulMichael on November 19th, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

My psp udpate 6.20 is coming up corrupt. I keep deleting the file and restarting the download but still the same thing happens. Whats going on?

+ PaulMichael on November 19th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

My error code reads as follows: “The update cannot be started. The data is corrupted. (sgt90000001)”

What is this? how do I fix it?

+ Bionicle123 on November 19th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

hello sony im having a serious problem with this user the name is Commanderkoopa can you please help me out? hes a cyber bully and dnt want him bothering my friends again thank you

+ Nynja on November 19th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

@170 – Bionicle123

You can block the user from your PS3. If you want to file a complaint, you should visit;

It’s not the easiest thing to find, Sony needs to correct that.

+ Nynja on November 19th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Also; you should not post other PSN users names as this could end up getting you in trouble.

+ imabigplayer on November 19th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

Be able to read Comics on ur PSP

sounds Great!!!! =)

NICE JOB SONY

+ RoecraticA on November 19th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

Not too bad of an update,but where`s room?

+ DanielEvan on November 19th, 2009 at 1:56 pm said:

If Sony can compile and build the Media GO for Mac OS X, I’M FOR IT… Right now the ONLY solution is to install Windows on your iMac. If you’re all too lazy, then wait until one pops up (I’m through with hacking, if you want one, then build it yourselves).

+ ernestojin74 on November 19th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

I am happy you are always updating the network!! I am loving your new merge with netflix..lol I will defintly be checkin for updates!! Thanks guyz

+ charden1 on November 19th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

any word on the ps3 3.10 update?

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on November 20th, 2009 at 7:35 am said:

Nice job with the “Extras” tab, looking forward to seeing what else pops up other than just the Digital Comic Reader… Also, Can you guys do something with the “Information Board”? Can you convert it to a “What’s New” like on PS3?

Also, can you please do something about the “sort” function for downloaded games on PSP? Give us a few more options, like categorizing by PSP games and PSOne games, or Demos and Full Games, or other options. Otherwise, it’s a good update and I’m looking forward to seeing the Digital Comic Reader when the comics launch!

+ CaptainMacTavish on November 20th, 2009 at 8:32 am said:

where is the PSP Friends LIST??????????

Thats the only thing we need on the psp nothing else, just make the PSN Friends list for the PSP,

+NEXT feature PSP Friends LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ NDC89 on November 20th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

for the next firmware update can you add some better options for sorting Files on the PSP ie the sorting of games. The Expired and Never Expired folders are pretty useless imo.

+ slycooper96 on November 20th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

i’m having trouble transferring files from my PS3 to my PSP
it copies a file, like only 16 percent, and then says error
anyone else got this problem?

+ rawr_im_mad on November 20th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

@forzanerazzurri how is that a good thing O_o there are alot of people in Canada like me, who would want these kind of services but we don’t get them for strange reasons, idk maybe its laws or something but how is it a good thing that we get left out, what if US was left out ( which i doubt it will ), then what do you want me to say/do, give my sympathy to you, forget it.

+ leo112358 on November 20th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Hey Eric,

Very nice update, and currently enjoying it. I see a lot of potential for the Extras category for all kinds of applications: banking, blogging, email, etc. Assuming you guys make SDKs for extras free/cheap (below $100), I can see an application library rivaling the Android Market and the App Store. However, at this point, all I can really ask for is a working version of Media Go for Macintosh, Intel or PPC. Either way, keep up the good work.

Leo112358

+ TJF588 on November 21st, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

Agh, tryin’ the Comic Viewer, but… why is it constantly scrolling to the right, and why can’t I get it to stop? I’d much prefer the page just sit there when it’s done shaky-camming a truck than to have it slip away.

+ NonBornUS on November 21st, 2009 at 11:22 pm said:

We need an OSX version of Media Go… We could have an operating system that is NOT Windows….

+ mogar5 on November 22nd, 2009 at 4:22 am said:

Well, I’m having a problem with the playlists, that are everywhere now scince this download, what I’m saying is I didn’t install Media Go yet, I just want to know, is Media Go safe to download?

+ barnaclejoe on November 22nd, 2009 at 4:26 am said:

Hey, thought I’d add to the hordes of dismayed Canadian PSP owners who think its pretty lame to not give our country support.

I realize its probably a legal issue, but figure it out.

so uncool.

+ SuperSonic1305 on November 24th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

Canadian law forbids text and art

+ travelerdawg07 on November 29th, 2009 at 5:52 am said:

I first purchased a NDSi and played that for a while, but during my deployment I saw everyone else with a PSP and decided that would be my next purchase. As I looked around I saw that some people in the USA have been able to purchase the GPS-290 for the PSP and use CFW to use MapThis! for their PSP. I do not want to use CFW (and most likely cannot since my wife may have just purchased a brand new PSP-3000 for Christmas) I just wish that Sony would give USA a chance with the GPS. Maybe, even offering an outstretched hand to some of the Homebrew guys to port their applications to OFW! Wouldn’t that be great!

+ nwd31 on November 29th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said: