Final Fantasy XV

Nov 18

Nov 18

Vote today for PlayStation’s 17 VGA Nominees

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Spike Video Game Awards 2009

As the saying goes, “It’s an honor just to be nominated.” If that’s the case, then we here at PlayStation are pretty well honored; The 2009 Video Game Awards nominees have just been announced, and Sony Computer Entertainment is up for 17 awards, more than any other publisher! UNCHARTED 2 leads all games with a record eight nominations, including GAME OF THE YEAR. See below for the full list of SCE titles and what award they’re up for.

But going back to that saying – being honored is nice, but winning is better. Fortunately, the decision isn’t left up to a shadowy cabal of Illuminati; for the first time ever, gamers from around the world get to vote for the victors between now and Saturday, December 12th. Hat in hand, we kindly ask you to vote for your favorite PlayStation games on Spike’s VGAs site.

In honor of our record number of VGA nominations, we’re currently planning a viewing party near the LA studios where the VGAs will be broadcast live to the world. We might even be able to get some of you fine readers into the event itself… So vote now, and stay tuned for more details here on the PlayStation.Blog!

PlayStation’s 2009 Video Game Award Nominees

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves (8)

• Game of the Year
  • Studio of the Year (Naughty Dog)
  • Best Graphics
  • Best Action Adventure Game
  • Best PS3 Game
  • Best Original Score
  • Best Voice (Claudia Black as Chloe Frazer)
  • Best Voice (Nolan North as Nathan Drake)

Killzone 2 (3)

• Best Shooter
  • Best Graphics
  • Best PS3 Game

Gran Turismo (PSP) (1)

• Best Driving Game

inFAMOUS (1)

• Best PS3 Game

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (1)

• Best PS3 Game

Fat Princess (1)

• Best Downloadable Game

Flower (1)

• Best Independent Game Fueled by Dew

God of War III (1)

• Most Anticipated Game

Also, don’t forget to vote for PS3-exclusive Demon’s Souls as Best RPG.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Sunnyok said:

November 18th, 4:16 pm

First?

tylerdurden30 said:

November 18th, 4:18 pm

@1 Moron? I think so… Anyways this is awesome to see these nominations and all of them are good ones too. Well done Sony! I am going to vote now.

REZBLUE said:

November 18th, 4:20 pm

Playstation got all my votes except for one. I had to give best male voice to Mr. Mark Hamill as the Joker.

unam88 said:

November 18th, 4:21 pm

Awesome! Does anyone know if they are going to be broadcasted over the Internet? Because I don’t have Spike :(. So I can’t watch this. Please tell me. Anyways this is awesome!!

FredNation said:

November 18th, 4:21 pm

I’m voting right now! I can’t wait to see who wins, also who do you vote for GOTY?

Sunnyok said:

November 18th, 4:21 pm

@2 Well this was my first time posting on this blog…but i had registered much much earlier…

I have 2 of the games Above Yay!

lostinplainsight said:

November 18th, 4:21 pm

the v.g.as are a joke just and so is spike t.v

starBlinky01 said:

November 18th, 4:23 pm

I hope you guys win every single award. But then again I don’t really give a [DELETED] what the VGA’s think and neither should anyone else.

They are basically making a mockery of the video game industry.

Ejsponge61 said:

November 18th, 4:24 pm

I voted, and most of those votes where for your games! We all know you sure do deserve these honors.

But I got a question, I tried to get the 3.10 update today, but I got a message saying I had the latest version already. Is something wrong or it the update not out yet?

SonicRiderZG8 said:

November 18th, 4:25 pm

Definitely voting Uncharted 2 for Game of the Year.

superflydrew said:

November 18th, 4:25 pm

sure ill vote

ELPRESADOR_ said:

November 18th, 4:25 pm

THE BEAST KNOWN AS SONY
TREY 4 LIFE 360 FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!

Prem-aka-Prince said:

November 18th, 4:28 pm

forget about it, VGA is a joke. One of the categories asked me if I liked one of two Fallout 3 DLCs or one of the two GTA4 DLCs… and considering how half of that list is xbox exclusive, and the other half came to xbox as a timed exclusive… well, okay, that’s not really relative because they’re both massively overrated. I don’t get how someone could want to pay more for DLC than it costs to buy the game NEW off the shelf. Seriously… those would be my nominations for worst DLC of the year.

snoogansR75 said:

November 18th, 4:28 pm

Uncharted 2= Game of the Year

Prem-aka-Prince said:

November 18th, 4:32 pm

p.s. that means I already voted (well, started… then abandoned it), but yes I the sexy voice behind Chloe gets my voice ;) Nothing funny behind that, I just think it’s just clear they wanted her to be a sexy character, and they pretty much succeeded lol

LordRaoh said:

November 18th, 4:33 pm

how is killzone 2 not in the running for game of the year? or multiplayer of the year?

thats pretty messed up..

i can see this years awards are going to be a joke

sorry gametrailers and spiketv, you wont get my viewership that night.. i think its time for someone else to handle game of the year awards

left 4 dead 2? really? game of the year? what a joke

BrianC6234 said:

November 18th, 4:34 pm

How did Uncharted 2 get left off the Best Multi-player Game category? Come on Spike.

CrimsonFox13 said:

November 18th, 4:35 pm

I’ve already voted, mostly for Playstation games. And that’s not because I’m being a fanboy, but because that’s what I honestly think.

FredNation said:

November 18th, 4:36 pm

Hey Jeff I meant who would you like to vote for GOTY (Game of The Year)?

BrianC6234 said:

November 18th, 4:37 pm

Best Soundtrack and again no Uncharted 2? Come on. Were they scared to include Uncharted 2 in every category? That and Best Multi-Player Game were two definite categories for Uncharted 2.

radiantshadow92 said:

November 18th, 4:38 pm

they got my vote

onlineatron said:

November 18th, 4:41 pm

Flower ‘best independent game’???

Isn’t it published be Santa Monica/Sony?

That’s not really indie?

(still it’s what I voted for =D)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

November 18th, 11:50 pm

It\’s developed by thatgamecompany = indie

DJnal05 said:

November 18th, 4:43 pm

How did KZ2 didnt make into Best multiplayer??

VGA is bunch of BS… freaking Xbot…

Iam out here

peace!!

StECnet said:

November 18th, 4:47 pm

I’m with user REZBLUE 100%

Playstation got ALL my votes except for one… I had to give best male voice to Mark Hamill as the Joker it was a tough call over Nathan Drake but Mark Hamill was phenomenal!

I’m certain this is Sony’s year at the VGA’s though!

KUMAR_ROHIT said:

November 18th, 4:48 pm

Already voted.. Everything that was ps3 exclusive related i voted. didnt like the 360 category at all XD. i dont hate 360s its just i had on but it was garbage compared to my ps3. so take that society!

Darth-Krayt said:

November 18th, 4:52 pm

1st off, people need to stop calling PS3 “Trey”. It’s stupid and disrespectful to one of the best consoles of all time. Everyone who calls PS3 that horrible name is an idiot.

2ndly, The VGA’s are totally ludicrous and biased. Look at the Best Multi-Player nominees. Totally rediculous. MW2, L42, Borderlands and Halo ODST (which isn’t even really a MP game!). Totally rediculous considering Killzone 2 is hands down a better multi-player experience than any of those games. How is Killzone 2 not a nominee for best multi-player game? Totally bias BS.

InFamous isn’t nominated for anything either…..well at least Prototype wasn’t given any nods over InFamous.

I have a feeling PS3 isn’t going to win much regardless of how people vote. G4 did the same thing, even naming Halo 3 GotY over MGS4 when Halo 3 wasn’t even released that year. When more people voted for MGS4. And hmmmmm, Mountain Dew was the sponsor….you know, the Mountain Dew with the Halo cans.

You also can’t vote from a PS3 browser. The fix is in, just like it is every year, just like G4.

dotCody said:

November 18th, 4:54 pm

Spike TV? What kind of morons watch that cheap ass channel…

Azure_Flame_Kite said:

November 18th, 4:55 pm

I voted Uncharted 2 in all the categories.
Why wasn’t Elena or Chloe nominated in female voice.
They did a waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better job than any of the other nominees.

shadysaiyanz said:

November 18th, 4:55 pm

Why isn’t Uncharted 2 in the best multiplayer game category??? i hate spike.

CHUY30168 said:

November 18th, 4:56 pm

wow SONY
looking at this list just reminds me what a hell of a year this has been and its not over. cant wait for 2010

DESTROYER41139 said:

November 18th, 4:58 pm

I voted for uncharted 2 on all the awards they were up for.

DJnal05 said:

November 18th, 4:59 pm

@ Darth-Krayt

Thank u!! I am seriously rethinking the credibility of VGA awards…

ShadowOfEden said:

November 18th, 4:59 pm

Hey Jeff, I’m sad that I barely saw anyone from Sony at Montreal’s International Game Summit. I saw some people from Guerilla, Media Molecule and Sony Santa Monica, but that’s about it. Even Yoichi Wada was there, but he only speaks Japanese, so I couldn’t even try to talk to him outside of the conference (he had a translator with him, of course).

angelspawn77 said:

November 18th, 5:01 pm

will be voting 2moro, im voting uncharted in every category it in because that game is all aroun phenomenal! ill be most likely voting sony all the way, i dont feel xbox can beat sony in terms of exclusives this gen. Im still gonna b completely honest, i have a 360 as well(hardly play it) and if i feel it deserves the win then ill vote it so.

Hpedni said:

November 18th, 5:02 pm

Jeff, why isn’t Demon’s Souls nominated for GOTY?

Jeff, why do good things happen to bad people?

TheBuni said:

November 18th, 5:06 pm

I thought it was a joke when COD MW2 was in the best graphics section. The game has **** graphics compared to uncharted 2 and killzone 2 and chances are it will win because people are blind. Mw2 is Cod4 repackaged with new perks, maps and weapons with a very minor graphic increase. Its nothing specail

Darth-Krayt said:

November 18th, 5:06 pm

Yea, you should vote for Uncharted 2 for every category except one……best graphics…..everyone should be voting Killzone 2 for that. Uncharted looks incredible, but it’s not the graphical showcase Killzone 2 is.

jvmedina said:

November 18th, 5:07 pm

HEY!?!?!?! what about modern warfare 2!!! thats the best game ever!!!

Mobius_124 said:

November 18th, 5:07 pm

really, Killzone 2 not GOTY candidate? wow.. I have no hope for this industry..

Andorski-G said:

November 18th, 5:13 pm

Uncharted 2 got all my votes. Truly a remarkable game.

kmkaizen said:

November 18th, 5:14 pm

i vote from most of the ps3 only but no can top Mark Hamill cuz he bring can to my childhoond back to the old 90’s batman cartoon no one can stop him he the joker

Kreamz28 said:

November 18th, 5:15 pm

The only problem with this is that Modern Warfare 2 is going to get voted up for everything even graphic when it looks like a piece of **** compared to Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2

spunnups said:

November 18th, 5:15 pm

They left off Killzone 2??? LEFT 4 DEAD IS A JOKE@!!!!

inspace2020 said:

November 18th, 5:16 pm

Already voted good sir! It’s not really contest for GOTY. Uncharted 2 SHOULD win that EASY…but MW2 is a more popular game…so we’ll see. I won’t hold my breath though with the VGA’s.

Also I would love to come out to the Sony event to watch the VGA’s…let me know how to get tix!

inspace2020 said:

November 18th, 5:17 pm

Oh yeah….can’t forget about my second favorite game of the year…DEMON’S SOULS!!! BEST RPG…VOTE FOR IT!!!!

BlooodyCow said:

November 18th, 5:17 pm

I voted, but I do not know how much good it will do. I cannot believe the nominate Left for Dead 2 as a Game of the Year candidate and not InFamous or Killzone 2.

M_sevi said:

November 18th, 5:24 pm

Game of the year????? Were is Killzone 2?????

Monetep said:

November 18th, 5:25 pm

@44 Wtf? You are right, it just came out!
I can’t believe it too…
Anyway, i voted Uncharted 2 on almost everything, why? simple, because it’s one of the best games i ever played… it’s not fanboyism…
Downloadable game? Plants vs Zombies… i want that on the psn…

M_sevi said:

November 18th, 5:25 pm

Why Killzone 2 is not nominated for Game of the Year?

userfriendly said:

November 18th, 5:28 pm

Killzone 2 deserves GOTY!!

PAGE 1 2 3