PS4-Infamous

SingStar Latino Available Today for PS3 and PS2

Katie Reid's Avatar + Posted by Katie Reid on Nov 24, 2009 // Senior Public Relations Specialist, SCEA

Hey Everyone!

SingStar Latino launched today in Latin America for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 and we’re pleased to announce that North American fans will also be able to join the fun this holiday with a standalone disc available for purchase exclusively at select GameStop locations across the U.S (full list of cities are included below) and online at www.gamestop.com.

Available at $39.99 for PS3 and $29.99 for PS2, SingStar Latino features 30 chart-topping tracks from today’s hottest Latin artists and legends including David Bisbal, Natalia Lafourcade, Jon Secada, La Oreja de Van Gogh, Paulina Rubio and Heroes del Silencio.

Paulina Rubio_Y yo sigo aqui - SingStar Latino Juan Luis Guerra - SingStar Latino

Just in time for the holidays, we’re also happy to introduce two new song packs coming to the SingStore this week. The ‘Festive Fun 2’ song pack features popular Christmas carols from legendary artists such as Nat King Cole, Doris Day and Johnny Mathis while the second song pack features popular tracks from Sir Paul McCartney and his band Wings. Both song packs are available for $6.99 and include the following tracks:

‘Festive Fun 2’ Song Pack:

• Slade – Merry Xmas Everybody
  • Doris Day – Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  • Cliff Richard – Saviour’s Day
  • Johnny Mathis – When A Child Is Born
  • Nat King Cole – A Cradle in Bethlehem
  • ‘Paul McCartney’ Song Pack:
  • Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder – Ebony & Ivory
  • Paul McCartney – Dance Tonight
  • Wings –Mull Of Kintyre
  • Wings – Band On The Run
  • Paul McCartney –Pipes of Peace

In addition to the two new song packs, 16 new songs will be added to the SingStore. Included in the update are nine Christmas tracks from popular artists such as Toni Braxton, Babyface and Celine Dion.

Enjoy!

• Philadelphia
  • Virginia
  • Washington D.C., VA

PAGE 1 2

+ evildude683 on November 24th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Are you serious Sony!?
We don’t need that here.

+ LokeSTL on November 24th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

It will bomb since you guys refuse to **RELEASE WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.**

+ cmargary on November 24th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

Really cool indeed but we need more reggaeton ones

+ cmargary on November 24th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Oh and rock in spanish like fiel a la Vega, enanitos verdes, robi draco (the old ones) and Juanes

+ xXAssassin831Xx on November 24th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

@1, Seriously Evildude683!!!! We Don’t Need That Here.

+ Dark-Zero1687 on November 24th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

So not cool Sony. Why!!!!!

And Im from South America! WHY!!!

Stupid Singstar.

+ dragonmagician on November 24th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

This makes me want a SingStar Chinese. Karaoke is very popular in Hong Kong and China, and I can’t believe Sony is not targeting that demographic.

+ evildude683 on November 24th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

@5:
cry me a river, punk!

+ remanutd5 on November 24th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

im with LokeSTL i dont know if it will bomb but i do know you would have 1 more costumer if you release wireless mics here in the US , and yes you guys need more reggaeton in there lol , but very glad to see sony supporting the community nonetheless

+ remanutd5 on November 24th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

at cmargary i see Heroes del Silencio in there but no Soda Stereo lol

+ xXAssassin831Xx on November 24th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

Oh Wow Punk. Lol Why Dont You Go Make Me A Sandwich.

+ Grouken on November 24th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

1st. Wrong name for this game, maybe SingStar Español because most of the artists are from Spain and Spain isn’t Latin-America (Latino).

2nd. In the cities… where are the Puerto Rico GameStops?

Katie Reid's Avatar

+ Katie Reid on November 24th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

Here are the Puerto Rico GameStop locations -
    *Manati – Plaza Atenas
    *Vega Baja – Plaza Vega Baja
    *Vega Alta – Centro Gran Caribe
    *Barceloneta – Puerto Rico Outlet
    *Toa Alta – Plaza Aquarium Mall
    *Dorado – Dorado Del Mar S/C

Hope that helps!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on November 24th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

I’d like some latin (rock) songs on RB. Thanks for making this product sony

+ BlooodyCow on November 24th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

is this game from Sony Europe? The same stupid that put a hold on The Getaway and 8 Days?
How about putting a hold on stupid games such as these and get back to work on The Getaway and 8 Days

Katie Reid's Avatar

+ Katie Reid on November 24th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Yep, this is a London Studio title.

+ explosive78 on November 24th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

um more american r and b please. I know people in london dont like r and b, but this is america fix that if you want to sell.

+ BlooodyCow on November 24th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

@Katie Reid
For the love of video games, can London Studio please resume work on The Getaway and 8 Days. Fans are more interested in those two titles rather than something like this. I know this is cheaper to make, but it probable will not sell well.

+ TakiFuGu on November 24th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

LOL, still no wireless mics. I don’t think you guys know what music people in NA enjoys.

+ mgsfoxhound2 on November 24th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

not my taste sony but keep up the good work im sure latinos will love it and I support that, any thing to reach new cultures through the sony family :) Long live growing sony!!

Katie Reid's Avatar

+ Katie Reid on November 24th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Thanks for the Sony love =)

Katie Reid's Avatar

+ Katie Reid on November 24th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Thanks for the Sony love =)

+ mgsfoxhound2 on November 24th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

oh and for the ppl whinning about wirless mics just import them from europe, in sony forums someone is saying u can get them for like $25 i think i have them and they are awsome. dont wait to have them release that might never happen its u that has to do something about it

+ mgsfoxhound2 on November 24th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

your welcome always happy to assist

+ mcbuttz78 on November 24th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

kool.. my cousin loves latin music and beats. she will abuse our ears this xmas holiday with this, but to see her smile its worth it, i can alwy invite you guys over let her sing a few ear bleeding notes.. but seriously ty 4 the content..

Katie Reid's Avatar

+ Katie Reid on November 24th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Your very welcome. Hope your sister has a great time with it!

+ LokeSTL on November 24th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

@mgsfoxhound2

Yeah, that’s what we should do. Instead of insisting that they support the product their selling us with up-to-date peripherals, we should be forced to import them. I’d rather be a “whiner” than an idiot.

+ StalkingSilence on November 24th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Thanks for the SingStore update for this week! Can’t wait for wireless mics in the US

+ LokeSTL on November 24th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

@Katie Reid

Can you please find out what is holding up the release of wireless mics in North America. Is there a patent issue or something? Some communication with us on the matter would be much appreciated. Thanks.

+ saintaqua on November 24th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

No thank you.
We want Disney, you won’t get it for us,
we want wireless mics, you ignore us,
instead you bring us this? The more options the better, but I don’t care about this title at all.

And the downloads are awful again.
I have spent hundreds of dollars on Singstar, but this year I’m switching back to Karaoke Revolution (at least gonna give it a try) Sing Star has went down the drain and disappointed me so much this year that I have fallen out of love with it and no longer recommend it to my friends anymore either.

Support for this game is non existent and I know my words will go ignored once again.
Since you refuse to support the fans, i will stop supporting SingStar.

+ HongoXIII on November 24th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

Another great addition to the SingStar family. I wish this game got more support though. It’s a great series and has a great reputation, it just needs more of something. Not sure what, but either way, thanks for delivering another great title.

+ KidCommando on November 24th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Wow, I’m glad I am not a SingStar fan. It seems like you guys get shafted left and right.

+ Radillo on November 24th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Where can I find the song list? It seems that some of the names on the cover art don’t show up in the previously released PS2 version. For example: Mecano, Coti, Heroes del Silencio, Natalia Lafourcade.

Is this a re-release for the Latin American market or is it a different version from the one released in Europe?

Katie Reid's Avatar

+ Katie Reid on November 24th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

This is an entirely new sku. Here\’s the full tracklist -

Ana Torroja, \”Los Amantes\”
    Antonia Flores, \”Non Dudaria\”
    Azcucar Moreno, \”Solo Se Vive Una Vez\”
    Camela, \”Cuando Zarpa El Amor\”
    Carlos Baute, \”Mi Medicina\”
    Chambao, \”Pokito A Poka\”
    Chenoa, \”Cuando Tu Vas\”
    Conchita, \”Nada Que Perder\”
    Coti, \”Antes Que Ver El Sol\”
    David Bisbal, \”Ave Maria\” & \”Buleria\”
    El Arrebato, \”Buscate Um Hombre Que Te Quiera\”
    Guarana, \”Noche En Vela\”
    Heroes Del Silencio, \”Mar Adentro\” & \”Maldito Duende\”
    Jon Secada, \”Otro Dia Mas Sin Verte\”
    Juan Luis Guerra – 440, \”Burbujas Del Amor\”
    La Oreja De Van Gogh, \”20 De Enero\” & \”Muneca De Trapo\”
    La Quinta Estacion, \”Tu Peor Error\”
    Malu, \”Toda\”
    Marcela Morela, \”Corazon Salvaje\”
    Marta Sanchez, \”Desesperada\”
    Mecano, \”Un Ano Man\”
    Natalia Lafourcade, \”En El 2000\”
    Ole Ole, \”No Controles\”
    Particia Manterola, \”Que El Ritmo No Pare\”
    Paulina Rubio, \”Y Yo Sigo Aqui\”
    Pereza, \”Como Lo Tienes Tu\”
    Toreros Muertos, \”Mi Aguita Amarillo\”

+ terrasnetok on November 24th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

why no relase only in miami los angeles all latinoamerica and spain

+ NoobianGod on November 24th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

Seriously? Another game?

Hello!!! Myself and all my gamer buddies are not even going to remotely touch this franchise until we see some Wireless mics!!!

**RELEASE WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.**
**RELEASE WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.**
**RELEASE WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.**

Do it! I’d be happy to pay for the game, but I will not get corded up EVER again.

Come on! Priorities people!!!

+ TwinDad on November 24th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Another Sing Star fail. I traded PS3 Volume 1 and Volume 2 in a gamestop (I hate Gamestop) for a total of $8.75, best decision ever.

I totally got ripped off, but nowhere as bad as if I kept the game. The mics are not wireless. The game has 2 songs of DLC every month. It’s totally ignored by Sony, and to top it all off you release this on disc only to one retailer.

Every post of updates on this blog is 50% wireless mics. Yet, 1+ years go by and they are not on the shelves. What gives?

Full Disclosure: I won’t buy the mics or the game, just trying to make it clear that Sony missed the market on the wireless mics.

+ terrasnetok on November 24th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

sony fails no go cam psp no wireless mics

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 24th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

I does seem that so much more could have been done with this game. It is sad that SONY no longer has the clout to negotiate licensing deals in North America that EA and Activision seem to have no trouble pulling off.

+ PullusPardusUS on November 24th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

is there going to be Singstar Michael Jackson Mrs Katie?

+ Aggie_CEO on November 24th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

How about Releasing that Motown Singstar here….its been in the UK for a while now hasn’t it?

+ Rene_Led on November 24th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Will this have some Juanes and/or Mana? lol

+ NukePistols on November 24th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Look at all the racists get mad. I bet they are the same people that thought that the spanish radio in Vice City (Miami) ruined the game…wow. I’m not a fan of this SingStar or kareoke, but I see you have Juan Luis Guerra 440 in that game and just for that and all the mad racists I’m will buy your game, keep it up and thank for showing the real face of this part of the world.

+ Rene_Led on November 24th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Will this have some Juanes, Mana, and/or Elvis Crespo? hahaha ;)

+ NukePistols on November 24th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

I meant to say I’m not a fan of SingStar.

+ Sephir007 on November 24th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

Nice addition, thank you for this, i hope you release the songs as dlc to the singstar store too :)

+ ihatereading369 on November 24th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

Yawn… who cares. Why on earth is this stuff getting priority over The Getaway and 8 Days?? Come on Sony, get your stuff together. I guarantee this game wont sell 5% of what Getaway and 8 Days would sell.

Also, can’t you just release this stuff as DLC already like Rock Band and Guitar Hero and stop ripping people off already? No wonder Singstar has lost so much popularity over the years…

+ LokeSTL on November 24th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

@NukePistols

The only racist comment in here is yours. What about any of the previous comments is remotely racist? Wanting wireless mics in North America?

+ KidCommando on November 24th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

@37

Besides the questional comment of number 1, YOU sound more hateful than anyone else here, and you are the FIRST person to bring up race.

+ Stellore on November 24th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

Great news, but is Singstar Motown ever coming to the States? And if not can we get the Motown songs as downloadable singles?

+ Locke_VI on November 24th, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

Looks cool, I have a friend who loves latin music, this will make a great christmas gift for her.

+ AtomicPro on November 24th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

This sounds like a step up although when we see more relevant songs like Greenday, Third eye blind, Mana, 3Doors, Molotov, Cafeta Cuba, Los enanitos verdes, Michael Jackson, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Limp Bizkit, Los Del Rio, More WeirdAl, Bon Jovi,… ? Normally the new set of new songs that come out every few weeks have sucked whats going on? Who request the new songs?

+ anthroposatiros on November 24th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

SingStar Latino is a good idea (in theory). The selection for the Latin American market should have been different, but at least is a good step in the right direction. But my question is the following, last week in Spain SingStar Mecano was released — why don’t we get that in the US? Mecano was very popular all over Latin American countries. Why not bring it here, too? That was the only Spanish title I wanted–lucky for me I have friends in Spain that agreed to send me a copy.

Sony, the taste in music for this market differs greatly from that of Spain. I sure would like to have a job working for SingStar— it’s obvious that you need someone that understands both sides of the “cultural pond.”

+ TheSecondA on November 24th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

It’s great that you’re answering the members of this community who have been asking for this since singstar’s release.

But, because I can’t find enough songs that I want to sing, I’ve had to find another source for my Karaoke outlet. Joysound Wii. Granted it’s a Japanese game but when I already have a Japanese wii and love both Japanese and Amercian songs, I had to buy it after trying my friend’s game. I mean, you pay 2000yen ($20-$30) and you get 90 days of unlimited access to over 50,000 songs, Japanese and American. Now, having purchased over 70 songs from singstar already and having not seen much of anything that I want to buy lately, I figure I’d throw my money that way.

Sorry Sony. I’ll still buy songs on singstar when I see something I know and like. But until then, I have to go where the selection is best.

+ RedStarGlow on November 24th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

If you want the Mics, Import them. They are worth it and work with all the Singing games!

Any thing us consumers can do to get more artist on Singstar? Coldplay, Pink, Blur, Billy Joel all seem to get it and have 8+ songs on the SingStar Store.

Need more Nickelback, Daugherty, Kings of Leon, and some Christian artist!!

+ Chapulin140 on November 26th, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

Great start TY for the support SONY.

PAGE 1 2