PS4-The Order

The Latest on the Latest MAG Beta

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Nov 24, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

If you’ve been reading The Official MAG Blog, then you already know that the MAG Beta has been extended. If you *haven’t* been paying attention, or were maybe only in an earlier version of the Beta, you might wanna know what’s been going on with the game. That’s why Zipper Interactive‘s Lead Designer CJ Heine dropped on by (via PlayStation Eye) to tell us about it.

So which sites are giving out entry codes for this extended Beta? Well, we are for one. As per usual, fan our Facebook page and/or follow our Twitter and we’ll start giving them out later today. But we’re hardly the only option. Remember that Official MAG Blog? Head on over there to find out who else can hook you up.

67 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ MeanMrMustard on November 24th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

First? Bring back REAL SOCOM PLEASE!!

+ dotCody on November 24th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Facebook and Twitter? Come on, you gotta be kidding me.

+ King0fHearts2007 on November 24th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

Add more ranks to the game please no more level’s.

+ YoYo-Pete on November 24th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

I soo want an invite. :/ Go zipper!

+ digplans on November 24th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Woo hee. I haven’t posted on here in ages, but I feel compelled to now.

Solid questions asked, Jeff. MAG looks promising at this stage. The maps look awesome. The one thing I found a little bit lacking was the presentation style – fonts, color scheme, etc. Of course, that sort of thing is quite subjective, and I’ve only seen a snippet of the game.

Also, off topic, though I think I should mention this… Uncharted 2 was [DELETED] awesome.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 24th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

Thanks for dusting off the ol\’ commenter\’s hat!

+ DaRkS1LeNc3 on November 24th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

oh damn i hope i can get one. im a GAP member that never got into he original beta

+ N_R-84 on November 24th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

i haven’t played the MAG beta *sorrow*

+ evildude683 on November 24th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

Don’t do it on facebook there are to many ppl from all over…give it here to ppl in the US…try something else.

+ Darnell0216 on November 24th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Can’t wait :D

+ zombie9 on November 24th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

follow us on Facebook page and/or follow our Twitter (NO THANKS) :)

+ gunsandamo on November 24th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

so how do i get a code

+ Chidesd on November 24th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

Still wish they would let the original tester still test. I was a first wave tester and reported so many bugs yet as soon as the GS beta comes I get booted. and I hate Preodering at GS because I know they wont have a midnight release. Id rather just pick it up at midnight at walmart then preorder at gamestop.
Well heres to hoping for the chance at a beta code.

+ draegen on November 24th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

This game is Amazing! There are a few tweaks here and there but overall it is great beta. You can see they care and work at improving the experience.

@5 Each pmc changes the the music and themes etc.. I would say if the theme doesn’t match your style, you might be in the wrong pmc.

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on November 24th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

sigh, people wont be happy with sever till we have nerf guns and grass walls… least that is how it was near the end of the second run.

+ StalkingSilence on November 24th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

Need to get back into the MAG beta. Looking for some codes, see you on twitter, SonyPlayStation!

+ ADR143 on November 24th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

ive been in beta since it 1st started except for the gamestop one.

i see the u guys did some improvements.

is good that u guys raise the level to 60.

Things that u guys need to do is add more WEAPONS, MAPS and GAME MODE so the game is not that repetitive.

+ kingofmactown on November 24th, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

I checked joystiq and Destructoid, they both gave out codes yesterday. I don’t know if these sites will be giving out more.

+ Darth-Krayt on November 24th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

C’mon Jeff. Go back to the old video format or retract whatever change you guys made to the videos. None of them work on the PS3 browser anymore. It’s a bit rediculous that the PlayStation Blog doesn’t work on the PlayStation3 browser.

+ rbanke on November 24th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

Has it been said if MAG will get a dual retail/PSN release ala Warhawk? A game like this, Id much rather download so its always ready to go.

+ Yoinazek on November 24th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

If the YLOD hadn’t attacked my PS3 I would be in the beta…

+ Yoinazek on November 24th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

If the YLOD hadn’t attacked my PS3 I could be in the beta…

+ Trucidation on November 24th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

MAG always made my PS3 freeze.

+ CapinChronic on November 24th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

I would love to see the medi kit put on the left D-pad so you dont have to swap between 3 items before you get to it.. it would be was better like this… I’ll post this on the forum as well… And I would just like to say this game is amazing..and keep up the good work. (PS) a Mag/Mic bundle would be amazing, I find alot of players on Mag without them and it gets frustrating if there on your team…. GO S.V.E.R!!!!! >:)

+ poodude on November 24th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

I want a beta code so badly, but I don’t know how to fan you guys on facebook, or if I’m even a fan already :(

+ NWJake on November 24th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Im very curious about this game wish i had the money to reserve a copy. Zipper is a great developer and i loved the SOCOM series. Plus im proud they are in my state, Washington! Keep up the work. And that was a very informative interview thank you!

+ LordRaoh on November 24th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

how can i get into the extended MAG Beta? i stopped playing it when Demon’s Souls came out but now when i try to go back it says i’m not allowed on the server or that its not available.. checked my beta card i got from gamestop but i now realize the beta was until 11/20/09 but i still see people on my friends list playing it.

+ station3fever on November 24th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

facebook, twitter GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :(

+ Trigg on November 24th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

“As per usual, fan our Facebook page and/or follow our Twitter and we’ll start giving them out later today.” What is the twitter URL where codes will be given?

+ tretle on November 24th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

Will MAG have interactive automatic cross game invites like modern warfare 2?

+ Lord_Von_Punx on November 24th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

I really wanna get in the Beta to try this game, are the codes gonna be for canada too>?

+ KidCommando on November 24th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

I look forward to the day Facebook and Twitter join the ranks of Friendster and MySpace.

I like you Sony, but not enough to use that crap.

+ ThousandShade on November 24th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

Any chance codes will work for Canada, or if we’ll get our own codes?

+ shystie1 on November 24th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

Move the Heads Up Display from the top Right corner to the Top left or anywhere else. Evey time my PSN Friends get on or off line or sends me a message it covers it up.

I can’t stand it.

+ twooh on November 24th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

MAG is garbage. It’s another rip-off Socom for ps3. :P

+ xKillxZonex on November 24th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

i would really love a mag beta code i’m a huge fan of zipper interactive games! My PSN ID: xkillxzonex And thanks you guys!!!

+ niall077 on November 24th, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

please dont have 2 gig patchs in the retail version.

+ Trieloth on November 24th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

This game is awesome and alot better than that 9 vs 9 mw2 game. Keep up the good work and ignore the handi’s!

+ xMETATRONx on November 24th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Jeff,

Read the Arstechnica article on “first-part bloggers.” Great read. And good job with this and other interviews. Your and Chris’s effort does not go unnoticed.

Sorry, a bit off topic

+ VanilaGorila-x- on November 24th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

@ #1

Zipper has been working on the next SOCOM for 2+ years. E3 next year will be our first glimpse of what they’ve been working on.

Peace,
VG

+ aaronp01 on November 24th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

@36

The large file sizes of the patches were because we DON’T HAVE THE GAME ON DISC YET. There is no way in hell that the patches will be 2 gigs once the final game is released. That’s what a beta TEST is for, to get all the bugs worked out. Everytime they fix about 10,000 bugs, they release a new version of the beta. Think about it. The final game will be on disc, and only certain things will be patched. They will be under a gig, trust me.

+ Freezie51 on November 24th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Please Zipper, focus your attention back to socom. After the beta I will probably cancel my pre order of MAG cause there are not eneogh people on the game that understand or want to play the teamwork concept. Socom is still my favorite and I hope that you can bring this back to the game it always was and should be

+ DigitalDevilSaga on November 24th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

I’m so excited I’m a new MAG beta tester! THANK YOU! I promise to be a great beta tester and report any issues to the official MAG beta forums.

+ Skater_Ricky on November 24th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

I’d like a beta code if you have anymore left to the worldest smartest Jeff in the world ;)

+ TOY_BOXX on November 24th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

I’ve got my code and downloaded the beta a few minutes ago. Even though I’m excited to play this early version of the game I can’t help but loathe what beta’s have become these past few years. Instead of helping the publisher/ developer make the best game they can through public feedback, what beta’s are now-a-days is a chance to make extra money. It’s sad really. A lot of online games in the past could of shown they’re potential if they were tested properly.

+ hjason1 on November 24th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

mag isn’t really that good. it takes to long to play downloads take hours. please fix match making and download size. that is a turn off for me. game looks great though

+ Potocus on November 24th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

I don’t know what the whole hype around this game is, seriously it’s so chaotic its not even that fun…

+ RedArmy93 on November 24th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

Just got my beta.

I got the key from the official mag blog. All you have to do is click on the picture and they give you one.

+ Rikuson1 on November 24th, 2009 at 9:26 pm said:

don’t forget In-game music, Join session feature and the ability to know what your friends are playing just by looking at what they are playing on your friend’s list!

+ qwertyuiopasdfgh on November 25th, 2009 at 3:45 am said:

The video does not work on the ps3 web browser!

It says application not supported!

+ Janks01 on November 25th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

game looks like a lot of fun,

BUT the textures look pretty bad, and the weapons seem to fire more like toys than real guns IMO…

PAGE 1 2