Destiny The Taken King

Nov 25

Diner Dash now available on PSN

Andrew Plempel's Avatar Posted by Andrew Plempel on Nov 25, 2009 // Producer, Hudson Entertainment

“Hey PlayStation Blog, it’s me Andrew Plempel!”

“I’m the producer for Diner Dash on the PlayStation Network.”

(Single clap, a cough, possibly someone farting)

“Oh come on, man.”

Seriously though, thanks for letting me take some of your time to talk about Diner Dash. For the uninitiated, Diner Dash was originally a PC game release in the early 2000’s. Remember that time? People were into Napster; oh the world was so naïve. Ahem, sorry this old man does tend to ramble on a bit. Anywhoozers, Diner Dash followed the story of Flo, an office worker who was just gosh darn tired of working on spreadsheets and TPS reports that she quit. While wandering the streets, deciding what to do next, Flo stumbles upon a diner for sale. [Warning: spoiler alert. Just kidding] A light bulb flashes in her head and she decides to buy the diner, and become her own boss! OK, this is where you guys step in.

With your help, you and Flo will manage the daily crowds of customers who need to be seated, fed and billed throughout each shift. The better you do at managing their happiness the more cash you will rake in and the better your diner will improve as you build of Flo’s franchise from one to four diners!

Ok, so you got the same career mode as in the PC version, I get it you want more, right? I would. Let me tell you; this ain’t your grandmother’s Diner Dash. We’ve worked really hard to give the game a facelift as well as add a whole slew of new features so you can serve up some new excitement with the PSN version of Diner Dash.

First things first: why play alone when you can play with friends, enemies and frenemies, right? Of course you do, I knew you were a smart bunch. For the first time on a console, Diner Dash will support local and online multiplayer! We’ve got Co-op and Competitive modes, as well as Head to Head and team matches. Let me break it down for you even more:

Game Types:

• Co-op: Work together with another player local or online to earn as much money as possible.
  • Head to Head: this mode is pretty self explanatory – a simple 1v1 match with two players in one diner.
  • Team Dash: This is probably the shining gem in our multiplayer feature set. Two players team up in a diner to compete against other teams in other diners. We are supporting up to 4 teams (8 players). So you can imagine the hectic game play as you rush around racing for the highest score possible.

Whew, that’s a lot to digest! I know there are some loose ends in this post, but don’t worry, I got itchy typing fingers so keep a lookout for more to come! In the mean time, get the game today in the PlayStation Store!

PAGE 1 2

+ Nick-30 on November 25th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

@ Jeff or Chris

Do you know when the winners are going to be announced for the canadian uncharted 2 fortune hunter edition, eh.

+ kosluftar on November 25th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

What be the price?

+ Marcello Lagosh on November 25th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

Diner Dash on the PSN is $9.99.

+ Fahrbot on November 25th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

I saw this game in the PSN store yesterday but with no video or demo no way am I purchasing this. All games in the PSN store should have at least a video.

+ KidCommando on November 25th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

@ 10 Chris_P_Chikin

Yes, really!

I’m sorry, but if they are trying to sell their product over an online network, they should have a video or demo. I should not have to google everything they sell just to see if I like it.

You said it yourself – this game has “been emulated to death with spin-offs and such.” O’rly, Thanks, because that is EXACTLY WHY THEY NEED A VIDEO OF THEIR VERSION.

Why don’t all the other online retailers just stop putting videos, pictures, reviews, and feedback about their products because we all can just google it and do our own research. They WANT the customer to have as much information about their product so they can make an informed decision and it is a professional way to sell their product.

I am NOT going to google every single piece of content on the store JUST to see if I am interested in it, when they could and should provide a video for me. Look at the themes or the Minis on the store, NO preview function, NO videos….sorry, I will just skip and keep browsing.

Maybe you just hit the purchase button or exit the store and google your ass off, but I would like a better representation of the products they want me to buy. I don’t think that is unreasonable in 2009.

+ Marcello Lagosh on November 25th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

I apologize for not having a video ready for you by the time of this post. Our video guy is on vacation and well….I am EPIC FAIL on video editing. Trust me, hahaha, you do not want to see the abominations that came out of the encoder. I promise that there will be a video for the next blog post…(SPOILERS!). Also the demo is planned for December 10th.

+ ModernYorkster on November 25th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

Does Diner Dash feature Voice Chat via the PlayStation Network?

+ Marcello Lagosh on November 25th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Yes it does! There is voice chat for this game.

+ TakiFuGu on November 25th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

If this game wasn’t over priced I’d buy it in a heart beat. For now Ill just continue playing it online for free. It should’ve been price between $5-$7. Why do publishers think its a good idea to over charge for something you could get totally free? LOL, I just don’t get it.

+ Chase167 on November 25th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

any custom soundtrack
i only buy games that support all the features
on the psn

+ Marcello Lagosh on November 25th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

Confirmed, you can play your music from the XMB! Sorry for the confusion.

+ Marcello Lagosh on November 25th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Custom Soundtracks is not featured in this game. I will spread the word that it is a feature people want. You should definitely try the demo when it is released.

+ superben1990 on November 25th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

getting this one!

+ vavires on November 25th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

I already got it, people looking for players can add vavires!

i hoep with this we can expect some more games on the psn liek that :p i love time managment games. Cake mania comes to mind for example :)

+ mcbuttz78 on November 25th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

YeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! just time 4 the holidays, this game is epic>.. Its a classic, no need to debate pick it up. Ty 4 bring in this out on psn EPIC WIN..

+ meccamonty on November 25th, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

In game music? and will it be coming to Europe?

+ Marcello Lagosh on November 25th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Hey Meccamonty,

The game does support music playback via the XMB.

+ Marcello Lagosh on November 25th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

Custom soundtracks/In-game music is not featured in this game. Good news is that Diner Dash is coming to Europe. When it will be out, well that\’s a secret. I will contact gov\’na PlayStation err Gem, who runs the EU blog, about getting a post made for announcing the release date.

PAGE 1 2