PS4-The Order

Walk off your Turkey Dinner with Black Friday Shopping

Tim Bender's Avatar + Posted by Tim Bender on Nov 25, 2009 // Senior Vice President of Sales

I’m going to kick this off by introducing myself to all of you since I’m a relatively new addition to the PlayStation team. I’m Tim Bender the new head of sales at SCEA and I’m thrilled to be joining the company at such an exciting time and even more excited to be sharing with you some of the enticing deals we’ve got planned this Friday.

While recent sales momentum is proving that PS3 on its own is a deal many of you could not pass up, we’ve been working hard with our retail partners to offer incomparable incentives and value options this holiday. This Friday, across many of your favorite local retailers, you’ll be able to find the new 120GB PS3 system packaged with a selection of this season’s hottest games, and in some cases, the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Keep in mind, the deals listed below are just the tip of the iceberg. Make sure to look in your Thursday papers to find other great deals from local favorites like Fry’s, Hastings Entertainment, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Game Crazy, hhgregg, BrandsMart, Meijer and Shopko.

Last year Jeff invited you to update the group on additional deals you found throughout the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We invite you to do the same again this year; we’ll be leaving this post front and center through Saturday. If you find something good – share with the group!

I hope we’ve packed some good deals in that’ll make it worth leaving the confines of your home to brave the elements—and parking lots.

Happy shopping and Turkey day,

Tim Bender

170 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ DjLess on November 25th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Looks awesome!

+ DjLess on November 25th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Looks Great!

+ DZORMAGEN on November 25th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

WOW!! THESE ARE SOME AWESOME DEALS!! I HOPE PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

+ Nick-30 on November 25th, 2009 at 6:07 pm said:

Yeah those are some good deals. Makes me want to buy another PS3 just because it’s a good deal.

How long are these sales lasting is it the new bundles or just for a limited time.

+ krae_man on November 25th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Good job Sony. If only you had did this the previous two holidays.

Why does it take you so long to do what you should have been doing in the first place?

+ ritz305 on November 25th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

good stuff!!

+ polo155 on November 25th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

Really tempting.

+ headwing45 on November 25th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Thanksgiving ended a while ago for us, good to see you’re getting good deals on yours.

+ BigPoppaB on November 25th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

I’d say the Wal-Mart and Amazon deals are the best considering the value of games.

If i didnt already have a ps3 id get the walmart one…

+ Netweb on November 25th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Boss please!!! AVATARS!!!!!

xD

Nice packs.. Xmas will rock :D

+ CloudStorm87 on November 25th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

Wow, these are some of the best deals I’ve seen! Wish we had these deals in the UK even though I already own most of those games. I really hope PS3 sells really well this holiday season :)

+ ADR143 on November 25th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

these are good deals!

+ GC1107 on November 25th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

WOW!!! If i didnt own most of those games and a PS3 already i would be waiting outside the store friday morning to be first inline. The Walmart bundle is insane. To bad nothing like this was going on when PS3 was 500-600 bucks.

+ that-acmilan-guy on November 25th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

Amazing deals! Wallmart one is sky rocketing! I already have the PS3. I bought Sony Bravia yesterday, its a work of art.

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 25th, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

Hi Tim Bender,

As SCEA is in charge of Canadian operations as well I hope to see posts like this focusing on Canadian deals as we ramp up to Christmas. Kyle Moffat should be able to assist no?

+ Prem-aka-Prince on November 25th, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

wow, that’s insane… shame they don’t have deals like that on this side of the Atlantic. Though I already have a PS3. Oh, temptation, how you own me ><

+ HaVoK_ on November 25th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

Those are some awesome deals…It there was any a time for someone to pick up a PS3 it’s now. Kind of makes me wish i had the need for another Ps3 :( I’ll try to convince myself that i don’t for the meantime.

+ PENTORIA on November 25th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

Anyone know what happened with Jeff Trenton?

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 25th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

With these deals I could buy a 4th PS3…but not until I know about whether the TOS are changing with regards to gamesharing…I’m not going to buy content that I can’t play on all my PS3s. (Which is already in place for video and is ridiculous btw…it has forced me to alternate sources of video instead of the PSN)

Do you have an update/comment Mr. Bender?

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 25th, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

@18…Jack Trenton is the President and CEO of SCEA…is that who you mean?

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 25th, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

Sorry…Jack Tretton

+ bolivianlegacy on November 25th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

will there be any psp go deals

+ spunnups on November 25th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

Personally I don’t know which one to pick. They are all amazing deals.

+ cronqvist on November 25th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

They’re all amazing deals. There’s never been a better time to buy a PS3 than now. Hopefully I’ll have one of my own on friday, so I can finally stop pestering my friends about lending me theirs. XD

+ cronqvist on November 25th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

BTW: Personally, I’m gonna chose the Amazon bundle.

+ remanutd5 on November 25th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

wow AMAZING deals indeed , but what about the new PSP GO?? Mr. Bender tell me there will be PSP GO deals please , PSP GO with Motorstorm Arctic Edge and Little Big Planet for
$199.99 or $249.99 .. yea right in my dreams lol

+ starBlinky01 on November 25th, 2009 at 7:21 pm said:

the walmart deal is by far the best. Arkham asylum is one of the best games ever made, and inFamous is really really good. Also to top that off you get a blue ray!

You guys have gone nuts with ads in walmart eh? I cant turn a corner in my walmart without seeing ‘IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING’ and I am like ff yeah baby, it on all the tv screens all day every day for the past 2 months or so and they have signs and crap everywhere. lol

You guys rock!

+ Haskell420 on November 25th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

Hi Tim, and welcome to the PS Family!

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends, and of course, with your new PS Extended family!

I really, really, REALLY hope you do a better job then your predecessors. I have sent in a few, and called more then a few times complaining heavily on how bad the marketing department has been, and the lackluster, moronic, uninformative ads they have run.

I’m sure if you check out my file so to speak, you will see my numerous emails and calls about this.

I know your in sales, but without the marketing, there are NO sales. Please, give them ALL a swift kick on their (whistles) because I for one am sick and tired of watching the XBLO dominate sales flyers on Sunday, ads in the newspapers etc.

Your more then welcome to contact me and ask my opinions and ideas. Now while the odds of that happening are slim to nil, one never knows!
Happy Holidays,
“Eddie H”
Haskell420

+ SHINSPIKES on November 25th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

How bout for this holiday yah make a promise of makin the psn stay free. A lot of us bought your system when it was expensive, and the games are still expensive as well. We also pay for a lot on the psn. Like games and vids and expensive themes as well as stuff on home. So, why not make it everyone’s wish come true by keepin the psn free. I know online play is free, but I know yah will make us pay for the premium cause you will have somethin on there thats crucial to all of us. Don’t try to make it seem like everything will still be the same. How else would yah sell it?

+ smokey_vols on November 25th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

Any PSP Go deals out there?

+ swiftshot93 on November 25th, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

These are some really nice deals. Im happy to see Sony pushing their new IPs out there. inFAMOUS, LBP, and Uncharted are probably the best new IPs this generation.

+ Anubis80 on November 25th, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

Those are some good deals but I already have a PS3. Just have to watch for the game sales then.

+ Tenan on November 25th, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

@29: Sony has stated (quite recently, in fact) that they intend to keep PSN free. As for games, they’re only expensive at initial release, then prices start to drop at around the three to six month point. There are some exceptions to that rule, but it’s generally the case.

Anyway, his wording was a bit vague, so I’m going to assume that this is the Black Friday deal post.

At RadioShack, they will be selling DualShock 3s for about $30 ($35 if you want protection for a year).

+ NoxNoctisUmbra on November 25th, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

awesome deals!

so will there be a March 2010 GT5 bundle with limited edition 250 gig GT PS3? And I am talking about some cool GT logon on the PS3.

+ GibbShift on November 25th, 2009 at 8:38 pm said:

SICK Bundles. My 60GB is still ticking though, so maybe next Black Friday. :DDD

+ remanutd5 on November 25th, 2009 at 8:43 pm said:

at 31 i’d add Motorstorm and Resistance to that list

+ sethchilders on November 25th, 2009 at 8:43 pm said:

Wow, that’s a lot of great bundles. My friend is going to get a PS3 soon, so I’m gonna let him know about this. Thanks Sony!

+ Thrasher20 on November 25th, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

WOW! Oh my goodness you guys rock :)

+ Monetep on November 25th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

Too bad i already have a ps3, but man, sick bundles, my personal fav is the amazon’s bundle…

+ SHINSPIKES on November 25th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

@33 Tenan

You didn’t read about Sony’s latest presentation of SOS. Within that, Kaz Hirai said himself that there will be a premium service for psn. Please inform yourself before you make statements.

+ PENTORIA on November 25th, 2009 at 9:20 pm said:

Yes, Jack Tretton is who I ment.

+ MLEW85 on November 25th, 2009 at 9:22 pm said:

Things like this make me wish I had waited instead of buying the $599 version of PS3

+ CHUY30168 on November 25th, 2009 at 9:29 pm said:

NICE!!! but i have to say im a bit dissapointed that none of these are 250 GB bundles. i already own all those games but had they bundled them wit 250GB i would have bought another PS3.

+ stlthriot on November 25th, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

Anyone else having problems with the trophies syncing?
Mine gets stuck at 10% and then sits and eventually has an error.

+ mingo809 on November 25th, 2009 at 9:46 pm said:

THIS IS WAY OFF TOPIC BUT…..

MY PS3 GOT MESSED UP, AND MY SAVED GAMES COULDNT BE COPIED TO MY MEMORY USB…

SONY SHOULD CHANGE THAT, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO BACK UP MY SAVED GAMES

+ mingo809 on November 25th, 2009 at 9:48 pm said:

nice but…wheres the uncharted 2 bundle!!!!!!!!! lol

+ BrickCityG on November 25th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

Nice. Walmart has the best bundle in my opinion.

+ Play123boy on November 25th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

@40: Sony stated that ALL the features PSN currently has will remain free. The premium PSN is going to be optional, so don’t feel that you will be forced to get it. Looks to me like you didn’t inform yourself.

+ stennex on November 25th, 2009 at 10:47 pm said:

Sweet deals! makes me wanna sell my PS3 slim and buy the PS3 all over again with the exception of the free games.

PSNID:stennex.

+ subhrendu on November 25th, 2009 at 10:48 pm said:

Hello,
the deals look awesome.
however I had a question.
Some or probably all of these deals will be in limited quantities and some of them will be doorbusters requiring one to line up crazily in front of the store overnight at least I am sure it will be so for Best Buy & Walmart.
I was wondering which of these deals will also be available online and from what time if any insight.
E.g Amazon will surely be online.
Is the sonystyle deal available online or in store or in both.
Any such information will be greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,