No Man's Sky

Walk off your Turkey Dinner with Black Friday Shopping

Tim Bender's Avatar + Posted by Tim Bender on Nov 25, 2009 // Senior Vice President of Sales

I’m going to kick this off by introducing myself to all of you since I’m a relatively new addition to the PlayStation team. I’m Tim Bender the new head of sales at SCEA and I’m thrilled to be joining the company at such an exciting time and even more excited to be sharing with you some of the enticing deals we’ve got planned this Friday.

While recent sales momentum is proving that PS3 on its own is a deal many of you could not pass up, we’ve been working hard with our retail partners to offer incomparable incentives and value options this holiday. This Friday, across many of your favorite local retailers, you’ll be able to find the new 120GB PS3 system packaged with a selection of this season’s hottest games, and in some cases, the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Keep in mind, the deals listed below are just the tip of the iceberg. Make sure to look in your Thursday papers to find other great deals from local favorites like Fry’s, Hastings Entertainment, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Game Crazy, hhgregg, BrandsMart, Meijer and Shopko.

Last year Jeff invited you to update the group on additional deals you found throughout the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We invite you to do the same again this year; we’ll be leaving this post front and center through Saturday. If you find something good – share with the group!

I hope we’ve packed some good deals in that’ll make it worth leaving the confines of your home to brave the elements—and parking lots.

Happy shopping and Turkey day,

Tim Bender

170 Comments

+ DZORMAGEN on November 26th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

…and you can’t blame Sony, it is an American thing!

+ macbelonwu10 on November 26th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

over here in Europe its like £3.99 just to rent a movie from the store that’s just crazy there is no way i would pay that much and i love watching movies. :(

+ CloudStrife2009 on November 26th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

I gonna have to wake up at 3:30 tomorrow and go to my ghetto and dangerous walmart……but it will be worth it to get my PS3 Slim…..i can’t wait!

+ apoc1980 on November 26th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Do you know where could i find a good deal for the bluetooth headset. I want to buy one tomorrow. Does sony style have a deal for that?

+ poweredbyzen on November 26th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

have all the games – need a 250GB bundle! happy thanksgiving y’all!

+ TJF588 on November 26th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

I, too, am dismayed at no 250 GB deals. My philosophy is double-sized hard-drive or bust, but some of these games are relevant to my interest. *sigh* Decisions…

+ Mosh_Pit on November 26th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

Too bad thanksgiving was last month.

+ adventfire on November 26th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Leave it to Sony to forget about the OTHER platform they have, the um, whatchamacalit? oh yeah! the PSP! Sony I swear you are making Microsoft and Nintendo look better and better all the time.

+ AceBeeDee on November 26th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

id buy one if u could transfer hard drive info from PS3 to PS3. is this possible? if no, why not? i’ve been hesitant on my psn purchasing trying to conserve space on my 80GB model that only came with 65GB free to begin with. How i envy those 250 models, and the 120’s

+ MakaiOokami on November 26th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Isn’t this post kinda dumb?

I mean are there really THAT many non PS3 owners that come to the blog?

I could be wrong and maybe there are tons of people that go to this kind of blog without owning said system…

I just know that i own a Wii and don’t go to their blog, and that I never really went to look for a 360 blog since I don’t own one. I tried to find reasons to own a 360 for over a year, but every game they got me interested in is being ported with extra features… So screw that.

+ MakaiOokami on November 26th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Oh and AceBeeDee it’s REALLY easy to transfer the hard drive from one PS3 to another. Just start up your PS3 go to internet search and type

“Upgrade PS3 hard drive”

Has pictures and everything. Multiple resources including youtube videos. It’s so easy to find out. Not only that but the Slim is even easier to trade the hard drive to.

I mean the PS3 is so awesome, it finds the answers to your very own questions about it. :P

You’d be skipping the hardest parts by going from a standard PS3 to a Slim because you only have to unscrew the screws that keep the brackets in place. Not any of the screws that keep the hard drive in the brackets (the ones that strip SUPER easy)

I have a 2.5 year old Original PS3 model (60GB) with a 320GB hard drive that I got for less than 100 dollars. I am not buying a slim unless this beast fails beyond my capacity to fix it.

1 hard drive upgrade is all you need if you know what you’re doing. I’ve got 38GB out of 298 available lol

+ KOOLWIIP on November 26th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

@44.. yeah i had the same problem ever since the last update but to my suprise my system sync early thanksgiving morning to the full 100%.. before it would only go as high as 27% but now its 100% and i can change my profile color. just keep trying daily.

+ mcbuttz78 on November 26th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

wow 4 good deals.. this guy mean biz ness. lmao.. only one thing i would have done different is put demon souls in a bundle..

maybe with 50 psn card..and infamous..

Oh i love how ya’ll are doing , i just want to say, can yall keep it up and promote psn cards with psp and ps3 systems alot of people dont know about them.. so if u bundled them with a system you would make more money , thats the only fault i see i ,.. lack of bundles with psn cards. JUst a thought, happy thanksgiving and ty 4 your product

+ KSPRAYDAD on November 26th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

@MakaiOokami

I trolled ps3fanboy and here for months before deciding to buy a PS3 so it does happen. Also, we are SONY’s cheapest form of advertising…advertise to us and we tell our friends to get one.

I see Mr. Bender doesn’t know that posting and leaving is frowned upon around here.

+ Ckrovax on November 26th, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

Dude, I haven’t seen some of these bundles update… When are some of these vendors going to be officially offering these deals??? I am so going to buy a second, and probably one of my fam members that wants one too! Timeline PLEASE!

+ Korbei83 on November 26th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

I wish Amazon.ca was as liberal with their deals. At least they’ll ship to Canada. Not that I plan on buying a fourth PS3.

+ Rhez on November 26th, 2009 at 10:25 pm said:

Nice bundles. Too bad I already own all the games and Blu-rays. I hope more people jump on board. I have truly enjoyed my PS3 way more than I ever anticipated.

+ DZORMAGEN on November 26th, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

@110, Have you ever heard of “Word of Mouth”? Maybe you have a friend or family memeber that was thinking of a PS3, and now you can tell them these GREAT DEALS!!

+ bangbangblah on November 27th, 2009 at 1:10 am said:

Are there going to be any Black Friday deals on PSN?

+ JumpMan33 on November 27th, 2009 at 1:41 am said:

Hey Tim, welcome to the blog :)

If you and your team are behind the new PS3 ads and marketing push, then please keep up the awesome work!!
The ads look like they are a real hit with gamers and non-gamers. I really liked all of them so far. “With a stick!!” lol nice.

+ hatdude on November 27th, 2009 at 5:37 am said:

how about some PSN deals for Black Friday? Cmon Sony!

+ Lugoves on November 27th, 2009 at 5:37 am said:

Happy Thanks Giving! I Picked up MGS4 on Amazon for under $15! http://bit.ly/8PB0y8

+ strings_of_code on November 27th, 2009 at 6:25 am said:

I just ordered the 120GB Bundle from Gamestop. (Yes, its online fellas) Can’t wait to unbox and plug it up.

Gamestop, and Amazon is probably the only retailers in which you can buy online. The others require you to go get it in stores.

Safe shopping everyone!

+ Dardantuan on November 27th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

Sure some of these deals look nice. BUT… You guys are not really making me feel so great about my recent PSP Go purchase. I am seeing so many great deals on Playstation software, yet the prices of most of the downloadable PSP games for my Go are still priced higher on the PSN than the same games new on UMD at retail… I am feeling a bit of buyers remorse.

+ Scourge003 on November 27th, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

Bought my MGS bundle at $499. No regrets! Love it. Worth every penny. Excited about these deals though because it means our PSN community will grow! All my neighbors and co-workers are getting on PSN now, too! 2010 is gonna rock!

+ LancerX66 on November 27th, 2009 at 8:32 am said:

But why no sales on the PSN Store, Sony?!? Take some hints from Valve’s successes on Steam!

+ melandrich on November 27th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

I can not find the sale that is supposed to be on sonystyle for the bundle with incharted and infamous. it is only showing an accessory package you can get if you buy a warrenty or something like that. I have checked the special deals section, tried adding them seperate to see if it would take off the price in the shopping cart and nothing. Wasn’t that sale supposed to be online?

+ CHAMP43 on November 27th, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

WHY CAN’T YOU GUYS PUT FIRETEAM BRAVO ON PS -3 SO ICAN PLAY IT AND SEE IT A lot better? i’m hoping !!!!!!!!

+ Turnip on November 27th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Nebraska Furniture Mart?

+ CenturionLegion on November 27th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

DANG! that’s a PS3 for $200 (or we could call it for free) for all the features the PS3 has, it’s like Sony is paying people to get the PS3!

+ SEVENTY7 on November 27th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

Awesome deals Sony.

And I just picked up a Dualshock 3 at RadioShack for $29.99! Thanks!

+ Lanod35 on November 27th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

If PS3 doesn’t win Christmas in USA, I don’t understand american brain.

+ GraceflAnger on November 27th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Don’t forget about Sams Club..picked mine up earlier today.

+ djrey760 on November 27th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

I Love the PS3.

+ liverandonionz on November 27th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Here’s a chance to win a copy of Buzz Quiz World with four controllers. :) http://bit.ly/1pZ0C0

+ oom9 on November 27th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Hastings is doing a ps3 slim bundle for $275, it comes with uncharted and infamous, two amazing games. Wal Mart is selling 32″ HDTVs for $248, I just bought one. Happy shopping, and thanks Sony!

+ Akson23 on November 27th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

I got my ps3 today at wal-mart with the 2 games and the dark knight movie and its incredible I also got the tekken 6 game at gamestop and Im loving every minute of it.

+ Xulap on November 27th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

I got me a few DualShock 3 controllers for $30 each at Radio Shack, since I was behind the times with only Sixaxis controllers. Now I feel the games play even better, and I immerse into them even more thanks to the rumble feature!

Also got the complete Harry Potter saga on Blu-Ray for $10 each movie(all the 5 movies currently out), at Walt-Mart.

Oh, and also got a pack of Wireless Logitech’s Mouse + Keyboard for my PlayStation 3.

Happy Holidays!

+ SolidSlug on November 27th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

Just FYI, the NNN Store (of NNN, the clan) has been filtering some awesome deals at Amazon. They can be found at: http://clan-nnn.com/store/

+ skullking123 on November 27th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

hehe great deals but I got a sweet deal of my own.

Bought a Western Digital Caviar Green TB external HDD for $60 at Target. Broke open the case and now I have another TB hdd in computer.

Black Friday FTW!!!

+ RobotViking on November 27th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

I didn’t want to deal with the crowds at Wal Mart, so I went with the Gamestop deal. I got there a little before six and there were only a couple of other people there, so I got mine no problem. The only problem is that my wife says I have to wait until Christmas to open it. It’ll be worth the wait. :)

+ Super_Soldier_13 on November 27th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

i cant find the sonystyle deal anywhere on the sonystyle site plz help

+ Super_Soldier_13 on November 27th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

come on mr. bender you gotta track your blog posts and reply to the questions. itll get more ppl to read your blogs and now that your in sales it might convince them to buy if you show them what they see wrong. like all these ppl on the blog trashing this post. i dont have my ps3 yet but i still follow the blogs to know what the best deal is and all that so yea just follow your blog comments plz. and does any1 know where to get the sonystyle bundle???

+ Metellica505 on November 27th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Deals Deals Deals!

+ Caipling on November 27th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

@141, it seems the sonystyle one is broken. on the playstation 3 system page
it says See special offers for two free games (an $89.98 value), but on the right side under special offers there is no where to find that offer. I think you better call them.

+ FlyBoyTopher on November 27th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

I woke up way early for me at 9:30 hoping to take advantage and everywhere I turned was sold out lol

+ mocte32 on November 27th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

yeah got 2 ps3 at bestbuy

+ thebiglouie on November 27th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

Costco has their own PS3 bundle.

120GB PS3 Slim version
+ Uncharted Greatest Hits version
+ PS3 Blu-Ray Remote

for $299.99

+ lyfestory on November 27th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

hope some of yall got some good deals out there…. definitely good to see more people picking up the PS3… its a solid platform with plenty of great games…

+ Senjutsu_Dav on November 27th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Bought my 80GB long ago.. I had a good deal too. I’m waiting for my cousin to buy his PS3 and I’ll exchance mine with his new slim 250GB =D. He wants to exchange to have the 80GB (plays PS2 games, it’s important for him), and he dislike the looks of the SLIM. I’m hoping we’re gonna have some special FF13 white ps3 edition around march, that would be really nice! =D